Why do you keep playing Fire Emblem?

I like the gameplay and the strategy involved. When you end up in a tough situation but then use your wits to turn things around, it just feels really satisfying. The characters and stories are fun too. It makes you want to think carefully about every move so you don't lose the characters you've grown attached to. I also like trying out new characters whenever I replay one of the games.

Edited by Zkitty8

Because i love this series. Gameplay's great (most of the time), characters are fun and the music. So good. There was a time when FE used to be my favorite video game series of all time. It's not anymore but it still holds a special place in my heart.

It's really the only game series I truly enjoy playing, especially when RNG does the most random stuff, which turns most playthroughs into a basket of hilarity. Oh, and the music is pretty good. So are (most of) the characters.

I love tactical RPGs so much, and that's what drew me to Fire Emblem. My first tactical game was Disgaea, and while looking for similar style mechanics, there Fire Emblem was. 

Of course the series are nothing alike (well, aside from the often hyper-sexualized females) but I like being able to plan all my attacks and watch them play out.

I just enjoy the stories and characters. Yes, some entries are a bit weak with those two, but as a whole, they've kept me entertained.

It helps that the gameplay is turn-based, and that I played Pokemon Conquest before any FE game.

Edited by Lau

I play for many reasons. I like the setting the games have with medieval weaponry along with the fantasy aspect with dragons/wyverns and the like. Strategy games with guns just don't hold my interest. 

I also like the characters and the fact that I don't have to grind in order to move forward. My main reason for playing now though is to simply improve at the games since I like them so much. 

I loved to play JRPGs on the SNES before playing any tactical ones. And Fire Emblem takes a lot of element which I'm familiar with already (levelling up, equipment management, shopping, magic), plus it gives a lot more challenge. At first it seems really simple, but once you get out of the tutorials, you realize it's not an easy game. You can't just rush down your enemies with cheap skills or mashing the button; your characters stays dead, there's no Revival Bead or Phoenix Down to save them. Also when I find a story I enjoy, I like to replay it a few times, while some characters grew close to me.

But sometimes I go back to other kind of RPGs, because tactical rpgs don't have the fun of world exploration.