The Fanfiction.Net Authors' Thread!

Dismissed

Basically a thread where we fanfiction.net authors can discuss stuff. Share our own stories, writing experiences, interactions with other authors, all that.

Let me start by listing down some of my favorite authors:

COOKIECHEESEMAN is a nice, friendly guy and an excellent writer. He's funny and is kinda chill. If you review one of his stories, he's bound to send you a PM. He also pioneered the Roy x Idoun ship in his almost-finished romantic epic, A Glimmer of Hope.

alexa005 is from my country, and although her grammar can be bad sometimes, she makes up for it by making her stories very funny. Case in point, this excerpt from a chapter in which Alm sneaks into Berkut's room in the middle of the night and places lice on his head:

Everyone was following the direction, weapons drawn and ready to fight whoever Emblia idiots sneaks at them in the middle of the night. And when they reach the Central Hall, they stop and saw Berkut... running in pajamas?

"LICE LICE LICE LICE!" Berkut shouted at the top of his lungs while running around in circles, scratching his head in irritation. He feels the head lice are seeping his blood on his head.

"What the fuck?" Sharena exclaimed at what she saw. The others are stunned at the scene.

Berkut continued shouting. "LICE LICE LICE LICE LICE!"

"Uh, Berkut?" Alfonse reassured him.

"LICE LICE LICE LICE LICE!"

"Berkut?"

"LICE LICE LICE LICE LICE!"

"BERKUT!" Alfonse shouted.

I hope you enjoyed that. Now, onto the next author! Keep in mind that the next two don't have/do anything FE-related.

domgk115 has an excellent Percy Jackson fanfic series going strong to this day. I've managed to chat with him, and while he seems pretty polite, he tends to take a while when responding to messages/reviews. I guess the poor guy's just too busy with so much work to do. He inspired me while I was writing my main fanfic.

ChangelingRin was my first friend on the site, and he/she (won't reveal their own gender) has a hilarious Zelda fic while also having a more serious Doctor Strange fic on the side. They take a while to respond to messages, but overall pretty chill for an American.

GravityEmblem goes onto this site too under a different name. His writing style is pretty neat.

That's all for now, so let me summon the other fanfiction.net authors on this site! Feel free to post anything related to fanfiction.net on this thread! (As a semi-rule, only fanfiction.net authors are allowed to post on this thread. How can I impose that?)

Edited by Purple Mage

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I have a fanfic account and some RP forums too. I have some Megaman Starforce fics out. In the middle of a rewrite of my first one, but I hit a writer's block. 

It looks like you have a few stories under your belt. Good job. Me, I currently have three fanfics, and I'm currently brewing a series of connected one-shots revolving around Roy x Cecilia. (Do not question my taste.)

1 minute ago, Purple Mage said:

It looks like you have a few stories under your belt. Good job. Me, I currently have three fanfics, and I'm currently brewing a series of connected one-shots revolving around Roy x Cecilia. (Do not question my taste.)

Roy is the first one to have many pairings. 

Having stories under my belt means nothing unless I actually finish them. Only fic I can say is truly accomplished and done is my Beyblade one. It's mostly amateur, but least it ended. Sadly, I promised a sequel that I hinted at, but never followed. :/

But I have some nice one shots.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Roy is the first one to have many pairings. 

Having stories under my belt means nothing unless I actually finish them. Only fic I can say is truly accomplished and done is my Beyblade one. It's mostly amateur, but least it ended. Sadly, I promised a sequel that I hinted at, but never followed. :/

But I have some nice one shots.

Hey, my greatest fanfiction accomplishment was finishing the first story arc of my main fanfic, which was only 25043 words long spread over ten chapters. Although I'm currently building the second story arc (which is more than half the length of Act I by the time of this post), it's nowhere as large as yours. In fact, all of my stories added up is still less than that 72484 word count story of yours.

Also, I tend to have an erratic update schedule. My main story gets updated as soon as possible, my secondary story won't be updated until the main one's timeframe aligns with it, and my last story, a spin-off of someone else's work (with his permission, of course) gets updated once I get ideas.

Edited by Purple Mage

I was wondering when a thread like this might show up.

My FF.net username is Angel Of Darkness And Light (yeah, its a silly name, but I made the account when I was like 15 and I can't change it to what I want, lol), and my fics, in my opinion, need a lot of work. I feel like I've regressed in some ways, like I can't write as good or as much as I used to and don't really know why.  I get fic ideas in my head all the time, but when it comes to writing them down and planning them out? I easily get lost. It also doesn't help I suffer from a rather fickle muse, meaning I have to be reading, playing, or watching whatever fandom I want to write a story about. 

So, basically, I'm currently suffering from writer's block. Yaaay... ._. 

Yeah, I'd extend this to just fanfic sites in general since not everybody here uses FF.net to write stuff.

But I do have an account. Haven't updated anything there in a few months though... I've been trying to, but lately it's been hard to find motivation and I also find starting a piece of writing to be the hardest part of writing it.

You'll find mostly FE stuff in my account, but I have some stuff for Zelda, Pokemon, Smash, and Mario as well. The Mario fic actually stars Luigi though. :P Also, I make a lot of original characters, mostly when it comes to FE.

My favorite fanfic author is my very own co-author, Falchion1984. He writes beautiful stuff! And lucky for me, he's as big an FE and Ike x Elincia fan as I am! If you don't like really wordy stuff though, his style might not be to your tastes. He does a lot of description.

Edited by Anacybele

I haven't written anything in a long time, but i kind of wanna start again.

There's an old fic I never finished that I want to revisit. And I've had some new ideas brewing lately.  This was my old account: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1258375/HellfireSupremacy

FYI: Everything I wrote before 2013 is crap. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

I also have a FF.Net account, but before anyone asks, I'm not sharing. Only thing I've gotten from additional exposure is trolled. Plus, my work isn't really good anyway, so I won't promote it. Most people have stuff from before a certain time that's crap. I have the distinct honor of having everything I do be crap. I will say I know some of you from there, *waves at @Aura Of Twilight* But if you do recognize me, don't point me out.

I also know some great writers there, so I'd be glad to promote their work. Mostly, it's Fire Emblem writer's but there might be some others.

MadameHyde Top notch writer, especially for In the Eleventh Hour

Flame Falcon The kind of writer I can only pretend to be, and fail at. Seriously, the epic scale of his work is unbelievable.

Acqua-Sole

Lady StarFlower - Excellent work with Leo/Sakura

JordanPhoenix - Last, but certainly not least, one of the best writers I ever met for the Ace Attorney fandom.

If I were to post an entire list, we'd be here all day, but let me also give a honorable mention to the likes of Cormag Ravenstaff, TheErudite, and TheRepeat. The latter has some great work, even though I've only read one, but it's the kind of work that really ends on a downer, and the writing is so good, it'll leave you down for days. I have more, but as I said, we'd be here all day.

And now, back to my exile.

A Fanfiction.net thread, huh. Well, I do have an account, but I've barely used it for story hosting. Well, there was this one Golden Sun fanfic I wanted to write, and did had it in FF.net. It never made it past the first chapter, it spend years just there, and in the end I finally erased it. That single chapter is long-lost, though I remember what it was about in the remote chance I ever write it down again. Don't think so, though.

Outside of that... well, I've written stuff, but mostly I have just ideas. I have few actual writing material done. I mostly get very anxious about actually writing it down, even if no one but me is ever going to read it. Though I do have uploaded work-in-progress stuff. Just not in FF.net. I have something in this very site, but it's not quite a "story", so don't know if it conts. Outside of that, what other stuff I have uploaded is hosted elsewhere. At the moment I'm just focusing on one story. I want to be able to say I've finished at least one fanfic, for all the half-finished ideas and ideas that are only concepts in my mind that I have. That would be a victory for me...

@Into Oblivion *waves back* 

So, uh, I somehow finally wrote and published a Xenoblade Chronicles X fic called What it Means to Be Human on my FF account after about a year. It's...rusty, but I'm somewhat pleased with it all the same I guess.

Edited by Aura Of Twilight

Hello.

I was considering making a "Do You Write Fanfiction?" topic, but I'll just drop my walls of text in here instead.

I have posted a few cases of my fanficting here. I generally just fanfict whatever I’m currently playing, whatever currently pulsing through my mind. Sometimes it's procrastination as well.

FE fanfic ideas:

Spoiler

I’ve assembled some pretty complete Conquest and Birthright fanfict rewrites, but I never got around to finishing the last third of my Revelation rewrite. Mostly because it has a characters-split- Azura takes half the army to Nohr and Corrin the other to Hoshido, and depending on who goes where would alter the dialogue with Garon and Mikoto and Fake Young Sumeragi/Arete (they’re not the souls of the real ones at all). You’d then get the choice of before the Valla invasion swapping who Corrin and Azura are with. This variability set things back.

I also made, before SoV Accordion was revealed, a pretty detailed history of Valentia.

I’ve tried a Telliusian history, and a Magvelian one, and some Jugdrali stuff too, but none of it has gone so far.

Pseudo-FE fanfic idea:

Spoiler

I’ve wanted to write a story called Insignia (a synonym for Emblem), but I wanted to do too much and knew too little, so the story of Leona, her hated mother Melusine, and a turbulent Dark Ages-esque world, will be put on hold. I need to read more history first so I can write this better. I also need to drop the ambition- Vikings, Germanic invaders, Moors, challenged ecclesiastical relations, all alongside a personal story of revenge (made grey by the fact Melusine actually loved her daughter- until her husband stole her from her- the Jagen lies as the dead father’s surviving loyalist) and reclamation with a three-way route split is too much.

Fantasy Korea fanfic idea:

Spoiler

I can’t find it, but I also had the thought of a SRPG set in pseudo-Korea, featuring the second-in-line to the throne as an inexperienced child (~10-13) “leading” a regiment against barbarians in Part 1 while her older brother and father do the hard work of actually crushing the bulk of them. Part 2 is a few years later, the Princess has matured, becoming a worthy royal, and is tasked with fighting a new barbarian uprising/rebellion. This one ends poorly, their fiancee the son of the Jagen is killed, and their father, who dies in old age, is replaced by their big brother, who hates them. The Prince is forced by the new attack to request Chinese aid, knowing, and hating, that it will come with strings. The Princess is exiled a hostage to China to guarantee the Prince’s support, and here becomes very apathetic. When China finds itself under pressure a few years later (I was going to put it in the south, but why not say it too is northern barbarian- ala the Song), the Princess is summoned and put to work for the Chinese, accompanied by  a new Chinese advisor/overseer about their age- this is Part 3. Part 4 is when a Japanese invasion strikes Korea, and the Princess is allowed to return home, with China sending more aid to Korea. The Prince, long King by this point, has his sister assassinated, knowing the Chinese want to overthrow him for her. Fortunately the Princess is saved, is brought unconscious into hiding, and then when she recovers weeks later, then finds herself having to confront her brother. The Prince makes his case, she renounces her claim to the throne and swears loyalty to him, and then goes off to defeat the Japanese. By happy circumstances, the Chinese are put under increasing assault by the northern barbarians and can’t respond to situations in Korea. The Prince dies, either to Chinese poison or fighting the barbarians or Japanese, and with China under increasing siege by the northern barbarians, the Princess is able to escape Chinese shackles, vanquish the northern barbarians in her realm, and establish her autonomy,. All this time, her Chinese advisor stays besides her, as a true friend. A brief postgame scenario fast forwards some decades, the northern barbarians have conquered much of the supposedly invincible China. But with some Chinese refugees in her court, the Princess now experienced Queen sets out on a small expedition to support the ultimately unsuccessful resistance movement- the tables turned.

FE6-inspired idea:

Spoiler

There was an attempt at story based on the loose beginning outline of proto-FE6. A young man, from a lesser Lycian noble family, is allowed to return home for the first time in ~twelve years, having spent all those years in Sacae as a hostage among several to keep the nomads peaceful and unwilling to raid Lycia. Shortly into his return the young man finds himself fighting a Bern invasion trying to be Lycian as he has always, albeit by a handful of second-rate tutors in a distant land, has been taught to be. This succeeds until the entrance of Etruria and a peace treaty leaves his realm in Bern territory and convinced the Ostian elite sold out Lycia to save themselves by bringing in Bern. Disillusioned, the young man chooses to abandon Lycia and sets sail for the Western Isles to begin anew. Apathetic but happy laboring here, he hears of a resistance, joins it, fights with them. He is persuaded to betray, does so, then seeing the true nature of those he sold out to, chooses to correct his error and reneges on his betrayal. The Western Isles are freed and he becomes the military governor of one of them. This is where I stopped, unable to come up with what he does afterwards in the third and final arc. He has moved up in the world, and has no interest in vengeance against Bern or to reclaim his home fief.

Fantasy Poland idea:

Spoiler

Another idea I threw together poorly was based on the Luminous Arc-Stella Glow games, with less of a harem focus, or rather the relations shifted away from necessarily being love-based. The setting would based on a mid-late 1700s Poland, after the 1st Partition, but before the latter two. The MC is a noble who agrees via nobilesse oblige to enter an experimental “Bioelemental” unit, the Slyvestris Unit (accompanied by Gnomus, Undina, and Vulcanus- all code names with no actual elemental leaning, and these other three do have an ingame presence). The idea is everyone knows that Prussia, the HRE, and Russia are not finished and that the country is too weak to resist them conventionally. It is only a matter of when the three countries will agree to partition Poland out of existence- a mortality anxiety that looms over all in the kingdom. Developing superweapons, including super-soldiers powered by extreme magic, even if it kills the users in the long run, are the only hope Poland has of surviving. Being Poland, the MC would be a stuck up aristocrat, as would many others on the sides of the enemies as well. One of the lead Bioelemental researchers would have a radical egalitarian plan, and when Poland does undergo triple invasion- which occurs no later than halfway. First Russia invades alone on non-partition grounds, the HRE is gradually brought in by the Chancellor of Poland without the Queen’s full backing to help the fight against Russia, but of course this does not go over well. Prussia can enter last, and is on a different page from Russia or HRE- and this lack of unity among the three invaders is what buys Poland time to resist. And by Poland, I do not mean the whole of the elite, since some join Prussia, Russia, or HRE. I also considered an LA2 rewrite where Roland was raised by Fatima and Josie, but it never went anywhere.

Shinto Sonic Storybook idea:

Spoiler

I tried a Sonic plot set in a pseudo-Shinto world like Sonic and the Black Knight/Secret Rings. Sonic is running around one day, a wind spirit notices them with interest and whisks them away to a stand-in Japan. After the opening stage, Sonic arrives at the Palace of Fujin, which is strangely destroyed wit Fujin not present at all. Sonic becomes by the Wind Spirit’s chosen Wind Warrior, and sets out to defeat the Earth God and acquire all the wind powers needed to do so. That was my original idea, but now that I realize Japan really lacks a designated Earth God, Inari is a god of field fertility, but the Kitsune association presents its own problem, I’d change the twist. The twist being that the elusive Earth Warrior who Kaze tells Sonic to avoid fighting at all costs the entire journey, is none other than Knuckles. Kaze, who surprise is actually Fujin in disguise, then zaps Sonic into a brainwashed state to kill Knuckles, and the Earth God does the  same to Knuckles. Then Tails appears with Raijin to bring harmony back to his friends, but they manage to defeat him. Instead, making Raijin the “evil god” , Tails can be the rival. Knuckles was chosen initially in reference to the Genesis games. Originally the idea was the Earth, Thunder, and Wind Gods are all fighting amongst each other, which lets Eggman sneak into the Underworld since they aren’t paying attention, angering Takamagahara and forcing the lower gods to go defeat him together with their warriors and restore harmony to the land. The brainwashed battle ends with the lower gods finding out about Eggman’s invasion and cutting their brainwashing short. I’d cut Yomi and instead put emphasis on Susano-o, the God of Storms- both wind and thunder, and say Eggman wants to invade Takamagahara.

And Reformation: Final Fantasy X idea:

Spoiler

I’ve thought of writing a Reformation: Final Fantasy X. A sequel to X instead of X-2, where Tidus never returns, and where Yuna’s Angels don’t exist. It’d be set maybe 5-10 years after X, in a Spira undergoing a serious existential crisis of society. Yuna brings forth the Eternal Calm to Spira, and then reveals to the world the truth of Sin and Yevon. With loss of all four Maesters and a loss of faith in the surviving ruling elite, Yevon is shaken to the core. Yuna is forced into the limelight as the bringer of the Eternal Calm, but lacks the leadership skills and chooses to withdraw as much as she can without fully abandoning her duties, settling back in Besaid with Wakka and Lulu initially. As Yuna withdraws, new leaders and movements rise up over the continent to reform society, but the taste for power and differences in beliefs leads to violence. Yuna does move out of Besaid and begin finding her voice in the leadership of the world, but it takes time and her authority is not unquestionable. You still have the Machine Faction of the Al-Bhed, but the rest of the landscape is different. Religiosity actually grows with Sin’s collapse, and you have several factions here. You have those who dispute the Eternal Calm, who dispute the truth about Yu Yevon and Sin- it isn’t like Yuna has much empirical evidence to argue with. You have those arguing for a reformed Yevon, one focused on improving the wellbeing of society, and which, while accepting the past as erroneous, worships admirably all the paragons of virtue and their teachings spawned by Yevon. There are those who take a metaphorical, soulful interpretation of Yevon, focused on creating an “Aeon of the Heart” via “Contrition Summoning” to banish the “Sin Within”, the invisible, ever-reoccurring monster of immoral behavior in us all which is destructive to society. For all the tragedy the great Sin without had committed, the Sin Within flourishes still, and commits as much wrong, although fewer cry out against it. The “Uplifted” as they are informally called have a highly emotional, informal, lively and passionate faith, with little care to social status and doctrinal scripture (the nickname is from observers noting the way they sometimes raise their arms wide and chest protruding to the sky). Its vibrancy, mass appeal, and chaotic nature leave organized religious officials at a loss as to what to do. Reign it in, or embrace it? You have more smaller differences as well- abandon Bevelle or keep a single unitary center for the religion? Rich decoration of religious awe and sacrifice, or plain humble appearances? Separation of faith and politics or not? The Youth League type of anti-religious protest is downplayed in Reformation: Final Fantasy X, it exists, but people aren’t so jolly to abandon centuries of tradition like it seems they are in X-2. Not everyone is a little pious sheep, that is never the case, but they don’t suddenly feel like jumping from conservative Shinto priestess garb to an outfit with a large inner cleavage window (I do like the general concept of Yuna’s Gunner garb though). Just as the Age of Religious Wars initiated in Europe by the Reformation brought forth more continental religiosity in the short-term than beforehand, it did in the long duration decrease it, not that that would be the certain outcome of R: FFX.

I'm going to spare you the details on this transgender male & guy who loves him but isn't actually necessarily gay romance idea I had borrow just the cosmetic surface layer of a particular game. I don't know why I conceived of the romance.

I prefer writing worlds, I can’t write characters at all really, I’m too terrible with it so I stop myself before I even type it up. I once tried to write a story for my EOU Classic team- I kinda got Ryuhime the Ronin and Lanat the Hexer something, and I went with a mind-shattered boy-prostitute named Ragyle and loving adoptive mother figure named Tiraina for my Troubadour-Dark Hunter duo (bleh, too easy to go for the drama of trauma- it is a cheap way to make writing that is skin deep). But my female Protector Carlene (not the blonde one that appears everywhere in EO advertising) I wrote nothing for. In a way, I’m fine with leaving my characters simple and without a past, but I wish I could honestly make something decent. My abilities to write dialogue are even worse, and I never do. 

On 5/12/2018 at 5:07 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fantasy Poland idea:

Reveal hidden contents

Another idea I threw together poorly was based on the Luminous Arc-Stella Glow games, with less of a harem focus, or rather the relations shifted away from necessarily being love-based. The setting would based on a mid-late 1700s Poland, after the 1st Partition, but before the latter two. The MC is a noble who agrees via nobilesse oblige to enter an experimental “Bioelemental” unit, the Slyvestris Unit (accompanied by Gnomus, Undina, and Vulcanus- all code names with no actual elemental leaning, and these other three do have an ingame presence). The idea is everyone knows that Prussia, the HRE, and Russia are not finished and that the country is too weak to resist them conventionally. It is only a matter of when the three countries will agree to partition Poland out of existence- a mortality anxiety that looms over all in the kingdom. Developing superweapons, including super-soldiers powered by extreme magic, even if it kills the users in the long run, are the only hope Poland has of surviving. Being Poland, the MC would be a stuck up aristocrat, as would many others on the sides of the enemies as well. One of the lead Bioelemental researchers would have a radical egalitarian plan, and when Poland does undergo triple invasion- which occurs no later than halfway. First Russia invades alone on non-partition grounds, the HRE is gradually brought in by the Chancellor of Poland without the Queen’s full backing to help the fight against Russia, but of course this does not go over well. Prussia can enter last, and is on a different page from Russia or HRE- and this lack of unity among the three invaders is what buys Poland time to resist. And by Poland, I do not mean the whole of the elite, since some join Prussia, Russia, or HRE. I also considered an LA2 rewrite where Roland was raised by Fatima and Josie, but it never went anywhere.

This Poland idea of yours... Can they into space?

I am currently trying to figure out how to unite the Rick Riordan Universe and the MCU, but the Norse Mythology series throws a wrench into the mix.

Also, why do all the great authors seem like they're dead?

I tend to post sporadically; I don’t usually write a lot in one night unless I’m struck with inspiration. Right now, I’m decidedly not.

21 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

I tend to post sporadically; I don’t usually write a lot in one night unless I’m struck with inspiration. Right now, I’m decidedly not.

same with me even though I try my best to upload consistently it's just really hard once that writer's block hits. Anyway Imma link my account though my profile page is well very barren.

https://www.fanfiction.net/~otts486

I don't have many stories under my belt technically only 2 kind of cause one of them is a one shot and the other is a rewrite of my first one(lost hope) btw don't read that it's terrible and I hate it.

Well, I haven't really thought of making a fanfic.net account yet (let alone any fan-fic writing sites), but it's great to see so many people here writing stories!

I am currently writing up something about Idoun from FE6 myself (though it's focus is not really about pairing Roy and Idoun). My premise basically starts with this:

Although secluded from most of the continent, there remains a sizeable population in Arcadia. For a time, the village did swell in population with the recent conflict with Bern. There were many refugees who braved the vastness of the deadly desert simply to reach the fabled haven of peace. Though they were welcomed with open arms by the original inhabitant of the village, it was this rumor that ultimately lead to Bern’s discovery of Arcadia.

Nevertheless, with peace just around the corner with the coronation of Guinivere, the new Queen of Bern, many who came had returned to their homes. with peace seemingly on the horizon with the coronation of Guinivere, the new Queen of Bern. Those who remained were those with nowhere else to go, either having lost their family in the war or those wishing a new life in isolation.

However, if there was anything negatively haunt their choice of staying was again another rumor that a Demon Dragon was residing in Arcadia. While on the surface, no one seems to be openly discussing this rumor, many of the new residents were weary from war. Even if their benefactors, in particular the village elder, have seemingly little to no concern over this issue, many of the newer inhabitants were becoming paranoid over the rumors.

No one really knew where this rumor originated from, but it did not take a long time for them to figure out who this rumored being was when Fae, the last surviving Divine Dragon began appearing with a mysterious light-haired woman around the village.

And where Idoun actually starts out with amnesia after having her soul restored, hence part of the reason of why she hasn't "returned to normal" yet.

Of course, it's still a work in progress in need of edits and proofreads, but I'm planning to post something soon. Somewhere. >_>

In an attempt to increase my productivity, I have started a new Fanfiction, Excerpts From A Tactician's Journal, a series of journal entries written by my avatar based on my current playthrough of Awakening, a True Classic semi-Ironman (it started out as an Ironman, but I eventually just gave up). It updates every Monday, until I catch up with the game.