The Legend of Zelda: Heroes of the Triforce

Inferno lizard

Update: Unfortunately with me starting college classes this summer I no longer have the time to do a post every day. I’ll try to post when I can.

This is a story I'm writing based on my idea for a Legend of Zelda TV series.

Edit: Changed the name because I realized there was already a game with that name. Oops. This is in no way related to it.

Here is the feedback thread. Please give me feedback, I really want to know what ya'll think of the story.

I'll post updates and current character descriptions in this thread.

Characters

Link: The main hero of this story.

Niva: Link's fairy friend since childhood. Does most of the talking for him.

Sheik: A woman who stole Link's wallet, then returned it after Link helped her. Currently helping out Link and Niva.

Duren: A Gerudo man seeking adventure.

Zelda: The princess of Hyrule.

Link's Uncle: A former member of the royal guard who has sent Link to Castle Town to ask for aid for their village.

The Story So Far

With his village in trouble, Link heads to Hyrule Castle to seek aid from the princess.

Arriving in Castle Town, Link and co. find that there is currently a water shortage. He decides to head to Zora's Domain to find out what the problem is.

After battling a hinox, Link and co. find a new ally in Duren, and make their way to Zora's River.

Edited by Inferno lizard

Prologue

In a small village in the land of Hyrule, at the entrance to said village stood a young man dressed in a green tunic and green pointy hat. Standing in front of him within the village was an old man, holding a sword and a wooden shield.

"Now Link, as you know the village has fallen on hard times" The old man said to the green clad boy "I fear we will not survive the coming winter without aid from the castle. We need you to journey to castle town and speak with Princess Zelda, and implore her to send aid. I cannot stress enough how important this task is. The fate of the village rests with you."

Link looked at the man with determination in his eyes. Not saying a word, he simply nodded his head.

"Now, it's dangerous to go alone, so take this" the old man said, handing over the sword and the shield to Link. "This sword served me well when I was a member of the royal guard. I'm sure it will do the same for you. And this shield, while not metal, will serve as decent protection against attacks. Just... don't let it near fire."

Link took the shield and set it on his back, then unsheathed the sword and examined it closely, before, putting it back in the sheathe and setting it on his back as well.

"And finally" the old man said, handing Link a small object "This is a crest of the royal guard. It will enable you to gain an audience with the princess. Now Niva, I expect you to take good care of Link, and keep him out of trouble, you hear me?"

Suddenly, a glowing fairy emerged from Link's clothes and began speaking. "Don't worry Uncle, I'll keep Link safe" she said confidently. "Link smiled at the fairy, who then disappeared back into his clothes. 

"Alright you two" the old man said "You should be off. And may the goddess watch over you."

With that Link began walking off, giving a wave to the old man before heading off on his great big adventure.

Edited by Inferno lizard

As he walked along the road ahead of him, Link pulled out a map and began examining it as he walked. Niva emerged from his clothes as well, and looked at the map as well.

"Looks like we've made some good progress" she said excitedly "We should reach castle town within an hour or two." Link looked at her and smiled and nodded, before folding up the map and putting it away.

"You've never been to the city have you?" Niva asked Link, who shook his head. "Well, neither have I. Looks like it's going to be an adventure for both of us."

Suddenly, a cloaked figure running along the road bumped into Link before continuing along at a fast pace.

"Hey, ex-CUSE you" Niva shouted at the person before giving a start. "Hey, wait a minute! Link! That guy stole your wallet!"

Giving a gasp, Link checked his waist to see that his wallet was in fact missing. Scowling, he started running, giving chase to the cloaked figure.

"C'mon, we gotta get it back" Niva said to Link, before hiding back in his clothes.

After traversing a good distance, Link and Niva finally caught up to the figure next to a sizable ravine. "Give it up, you've got no where to run" Niva said to the figure "Now give us back the wallet."

The figure simply wagged their finger, before turning around, running straight for the ravine, and jumping clear across it it. "What?" Niva said, stunned by the endeavor "How did they do that? Link, we might have to give up on the wallet."

With a look of sheer determination of his face however, Link simply moved farther away from the ravine, before facing the ravine, and taking a stance. "Wait Link, what are you doing?!" Niva asked frantically "I don't think you'll be able to make that jump!"

However, Link, obviously having made up his mind, began rushing towards the ravine, and jumped from the edge. Unfortunately, he didn't make nearly as far across as the figure, and barely grabbed the other side with one of his hands.

"Don't let go Link!" Niva cried out, but as she said it Link's grip began slipped.

Suddenly, two hands grabbed Link's and began pulling him up. Link looked up to see the figure. who from this angle he see was in fact a young Sheikah woman. Slowly, she pulled Link up, until finally he was on solid ground.

"You idiot!" the Sheikah woman yelled at Link, pulling back her hood and pointing at him. "What were you thinking trying to make a jump like that! You could have died!"

"Hey, none of this wouldn't have happened if you hadn't stolen our wallet!" Niva yelled back "Isn't that right Link? Link?"

Link, however, slowly drew his sword. "Hey what do you think you're doing?" the woman asked falling down on the ground "You're seriously going to draw your sword at me after I saved your life.

Suddenly, Link rushed past the woman and slashed a bokoblin, which fell to the ground.

"What the, where did that come from?" the woman asked, but suddenly, the jeers of a bunch more bokoblins could be heard.

"Uh, looks like you just led us into a bokoblin camp" Niva said matter-of-factly "Good job there."

"Again, none of this would have happened if you hadn't chased me" the woman said, staring down the fairy "Now, how are we supposed to get out of this mess?"

"And like I said before" Niva rebutted "It's still all your fault because you're the one who stole our wallet. Also, it looks like Link has already taken care of the problem."

"Wha-" the woman turned around to find that all the bokoblins had been defeated by Link. "When did he-?"

"Looks like this time we're the ones who saved your life." Niva said smugly. "Now, give us back our wallet."

"Why you little... Fine, take it." the woman said, handing it back to Link. "There wasn't even that much in it anyway."

"By the way, who are you people?" the woman asked them. "I've never seen a fairy before, and didn't know they could even talk. Link is your name right?"

"Yep, he's Link and I'm Niva" she said cheerfully. "Link doesn't like to talk much, so I do most of the talking for him."

"Uh, okay, that's a little weird, but whatever suits you I guess. Where are you two headed anyway?"

"We're off to the castle to meet with the princess." Niva said "Our village is in trouble and we need her help."

"You want to meet the princess?" the woman said with a laugh. "What makes you think she'll meet with you?"

"We have something that'll let us see it. And don't you DARE think about stealing it, okay?"

"Really? Now this I gotta see. Alright, I'm coming with you."

"Hey, what makes you think we want you to come with us?" Niva said angrily, but stopped when Link raised his hand to signify he was okay with it. "Oh all right, but I've got my eye on you. Make one wrong move, and I'll have Link take you out."

"Do fairies even have eyes? Anyways, castle town is pretty near here. Come on, I'll show you the way."

And with that, they were off, heading towards the town.

End of Prologue

Edited by Inferno lizard

Chapter 1: Water

As they entered Castle Town, the group found that things didn't seem too well in the city. There were lines everywhere, all the denizens had very serious expressions on their faces, and the fountain in the center of town didn't have any water in it.

"This... doesn't look right" the Sheikah woman said, looking around the place. "It wasn't like this the last time I was here. Something must have happened. Come on, let's go ask one of the guards what's going on."

She headed straight for the nearest guard she could spot and asked "Hey, what's going on? Why does everything look so grim around here?"

"You haven't heard?" the guard asked, seeming surprised. "There's a water shortage. The Zora River has dried up, and without it Lake Hylia's water level has steadily been dropping. If things don't get better soon we might just have to start rationing water."

As they walked away from the guard Niva emerged from Link's clothes.

"Oh my, it seems things are becoming quite dire here" she said concernedly, "I wonder if everyone is going to be okay. Do you think there's anything we could do to help them?"

"I wouldn't worry about them." the woman said "That's other people's problems, and right now you have your own village's problems to worry about. Come on, let's head to the castle."

Edited by Inferno lizard

As they approached the castle gate, the guards in front of it stepped in front of them and held up a hand.

"Halt." one of them said "None may enter without express permission of the royal family of Hyrule."

"Wait, we have something that should let us in" the woman said, then glanced at Link "We DO have something, right?"

Link nodded, and pulled out the crest his uncle gave him, then showed it to the guards.

"That's... a crest of the royal guard" one of the guards said, sounding stunned "If you have that then..."

"So you'll let us in?" the woman asked with a smirk.\

"Unfortunately, no, we cannot." the guard said, shaking his head.

"Wait, seriously? Why not?"

"With the water shortage and the townspeople on edge, we can't let any strangers in without the royal family directly telling us to. I'm, sorry, but you'll have to come back when the crisis is over."

"You've got to be kidding me. Do you have any idea when that might be?"

"We sent a squad of soldiers up to Zora's Domain, the source of the Zora River, a week ago. We haven't heard back from them yet, but I'm sure they'll succeed any day now."

"Tch, well, I guess that's that then."

As the group walked away from the gate, Niva emerged. "This is bad." she said "They won't let us In."

"I suppose you're just going to have to wait for the problem to be solved" the woman said "Anyways, I've done all I can, so I guess"

"But we can't just sit around doing nothing while the village is in trouble. We should go to Zora's Domain and find out what's going on"

"But they've already sent soldiers up there to investigate. Armed, trained soldiers. I don't see how a lone swordsman is going to change anything."

"But we have to try, for the sake of the village" Niva said "Only, thing is, we don't know the way. But I have a feeling you do."

"But I... and..." the woman stuttered "Urgh, fine, I'll help you you but only because I get the feeling you'll die if I don't. Come on, let's go."

"Alright. Oh hey, I just realized, we never asked you your name."

"My Name?" the woman said "It's, well... You know what, just call me Sheik."

"Ooh, Sheik, yeah, nice name right there." Niva said sarcastically "Totally original and all. Definitely can't tell if it's your real name or notl."

"Shut up."

Edited by Inferno lizard

After they left Castle Town, they headed along the eastern road, making their way to Zora's Domain, until Sheik eventually stopped them.

"Hold up" she said, pulling out a map. "Right here, the road takes a detour, but if we cut through the forest, we can shave a good bit of time off our journey."

"Are you sure that's safe?" Niva asked, concernedly "We might run into monsters in there. It'd be safer to take the road."

"I'm sure we could handle it. The way you took on those bokoblins like they were nothing is proof. And, I know how to fight a little myself."

"Really?" Niva said smugly "I didn't see you taking them on back then. How can I be sure you can handle yourself?"

"I... well... you didn't give me a chance" Sheik stuttered "I couldve... You know what, just shut up. Come on, let's go."

"I'm a bit concerned about the lack of monsters" Niva said as they journeyed through the forest.

"Hey, don't complain when there's no trouble" Sheik said "Or trouble may find you."

"Is that supposed to be some ancient Sheikah proverb?" Niva asked sarcastically.

"Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But seriously, I don't see what your problem is with an easy, no fuss shortcut."

"It's just, places like this usually have some amount of monsters in them." Niva said "The fact that we haven't seen any makes me concerned that there might be a reason for that, a reason that's much more dangerous than monsters."

"Don't be such a downer" Sheik rebutted.

"Oh, and Link, watch your footing. You don't want to step on something the wrong way and twist your an-aiiiigh!" As she said that Sheik accidentally stepped on a steep slope. She tried to grab Link for support but ended up just pulling him with her as they slid down.

"Owwww..." Sheik said, holding her ankle. "I think I hurt my leg. I'm gonna need a few minutes."

"Hey, what's with that weird hill over there?" Niva asked.

"That's not a hill..." Sheik said, turning pale "That's a hinox."

"What's a hinox?"

"Shhhh, keep it down, it'll hear you. It's a monster. And they're known to eat people."

"That's a big monster" Navi whispered "Do you think it heard us?"

"It looks like it's still sleeping" Sheik said "If we move quietly, we just might make it out of here alive. Come on Link, help me up."

Link nodded, and began walking toward Sheik, but immediately stepped on a branch, snapping it.

"What did I say about being quiet!" Sheik said loudly, then instantly covered her mouth with her hands "Eep!"

And then the hinox began to stir.

"OH MY GODDESS I'M GOING TO DIE!!!" Sheik screamed at the top of her lungs "NOT LIKE THIS, NOT LIKE THIS!!!"

"Don't worry, Link will protect you." Niva said confidently.

"How the Hylia is he supposed to protect me when I can't move?!" Sheik said panicked. "I'm easy prey. It's gonna grab me, and put me in its mouth, and eat me, and that's it, I'm dead."

Link was drawing his sword and assuming a defensive stance in front of Sheik when suddenly a loud male voice could be heard from the other side of the hinox.

"Ahoy there fellow travelers!" the voice said, and there on a nearby cliff stood a large man with dark skin and flame-colored hair holding a sledgehammer across his shoulders.

"I heard the shrill shriek of a damsel in distress and came running as fast as I could." he said, then jumped off the cliff. When he landed it game a very loud and metallic thud that seemed to shake the very ground itself. Then, he rushed towards the hinox, each step making a metallic clang, and with one swift swing of his hammer knocked its legs out from under it.

"Now swordsman" the man said dramatically "Strike it through the eye while it's down."

Link nodded, and climbed up on the hinox, then walked across its belly. Raising his sword, he then stabbed it in the head through its eye. The hinox gave a great death squeal, before going limp.

"Well done there." the man said as he approached the group. "My aren't you the motly crew. A beautiful Sheikah maiden, a glowing ball of light with wings, and a swordsman dressed in green like a grasshopper. Yes, quite the motly crew indeed."

Edited by Inferno lizard

"Hey!" Sheik shouted, finally standing up "What the heck did you mean by a shrill shriek? I'll have you know that was a perfectly normal scream!"

"And what do you mean by a ball of light?" Niva chimed in "I'm a fairy! Get your facts straight. Also, who are you? And, what are you? You don't look like a Hylian or a Sheikah."

"I'm pretty sure he's a Gerudo." Sheik said.

"Gerudo?" Niva said "As in the all female tribe that lives in the desert? But, he's a man."

"While extremely rare, Gerudo men do exist. What is it your people say? 'One is born every 100 years'?"

"You are correct" the man said "I am indeed a Gerudo. My name is Duren, it is a pleasure to meet you all. And you all are?"

"I'm Niva, and this here is Link." Niva said. "And this woman won't tell us her name and insists we just call her Sheik. Yeah, I know, it's a lame fake name."

"Hey!" Sheik said. "Also, are those iron boots you're wearing. How in Hyrule are you able to walk in those things?"

"We Gerudo have natural strength" Duren said "Also, years of training. So anyways, what are you folks doing far from the road? Don't you know it's dangerous to go off the beaten path?"

"We're heading to Zora's Domain." Niva told him "We're going to find out why water has stopped flowing from there."

"Ooh, intriguing. Sounds like quite an adventure. Do you mind if I join you for a little bit?"

"Hey, we don't need this doofus" Sheik interjected "We can get by fine on our own."

"Seriously?" Niva said "Did you see the way he helped us take out that hinox? He could be a great help to us. What do you think Link."

Link simply smiled and nodded at Niva in response.

"There, see, it's two against one. He's coming. End of story."

"Tch, fine." Sheik said "Let's get going already. The sooner we get away from this place the better."

"Woah" Sheik said, suddenly stopping as they were walking along "It's true, it really did dry up."

Ahead of them stretched a canyon that twisted about, with a walkway that was set along its side.

"There used to be a large river here" Sheik continued, staring in awe "But now, it's completely dry. What in Hyrule could do this?"

"So this is what you guys were talking about" Duren said "I'll admit, this does seem serious. Alright then, let's get going. Standing around gawking at it all day solves nothing."

Link nodded and they set off on the path, every now and then one of them taking a look over the side.

As they entered a more open area, Sheik suddenly held up her hand.

"Hold on" she said "I thought I heard something."

"Heard something?" Duren asked quietly "Like what?"

"Yeah" Niva said "I didn't hear anything."

"Shhh" Sheik said, scanning the surroundings, then realized something "Oh crud. This is the perfect place for an ambush."

"Ambush?" asked Duren "What would ambush us here?"

"Lizalfos. And they've got us surrounded."

"Where are they?" Duren asked, scanning the area around them "I don't see them"

"They're hiding" Sheik said "Lizalfos like to ambush their targets. Everybody get close, we need to keep eyes all around us."

Link and Duren nodded and the three of them then stood back to back. Suddenly, a lizalfos launched from the grass straight for Duren.

"He we go!" Duren said excitedly, and powerfully swung his hammer. It connected with a resounding crack, and the Lizalfos went flying off into the distance. "Fore!"

After that, the surrounding lizalfos began screeching.

"Well, that got their attention" Sheik said "Now I think they'll try using their numbers against us. Get ready for the assault.

And with that, the lizalfos began rushing them en masse. Link immediately rushed forward and started cutting down as many as he could. Sheik began sticking them with shuriken with expert precision. And Duren was lauching them left and right with his hammer.

After several of them had fallen, the lizalfos suddenly stopped their attack, and jumped back.

"What are they doing?" Niva asked "I don't like this."

"Looks like they're waiting for something" Sheik said "Like that."

She pointed ahead at a very large and armored lizalfos that was approaching. "That thing must be their leader."

"It's way bigger than the other ones" Niva stated "How do we take that thing down?"

The large lizalfos suddenly charged and swung its sword at Duren, who barely blocked with his hammer in time.

"Any ideas on how to take this thing down?" Duren asked as he attempted to over power the creature "The sooner the better."

"Ummm..." Sheik said, scanning their surroundings "Aha, the cliff. Link! Help me drive it towards it."

Sheik then pulled out more shuriken, and threw a few at the lizalfos, forcing it to block with its shield. Link then rushed it, swinging his sword back and forth , while Sheik continued with the projectiles, causing the lizalfos to slowly back up towards the cliff.

"Now Duren!" Sheik shouted.

"YAHHHH!" Duren cried, slamming his hammer down in front of the lizalfos. The edge of the cliff cracked and collapsed, falling down to the bottom with the lizalfos with it.

The other lizalfos went quiet, staring as in disbelief, before giving a screech and running for cover.

"Ha, take that you overgrown lizards!" Duren said triumphantly.

"We did it!" Niva said exuberantly, and Link smiled and lifted his sword in triumph.

"Yeah, we did" Sheik said, giving a great sigh of relief "I can't believe we pulled that off."

"It was all thanks to your brilliant thinking" Niva said "Way to go Sheik."

"Yeah, it was wasn't it. Alright, let's get going, before the other ones have a chance to grow some courage. Zora's Domain should be just up ahead."

"By the goddess" Duren said in awe "It's beautiful."

Ahead of them was a glowing city, with majestic spires and flowing water all over the place, and a great bridge leading up to the entrance.

"Yep, that's Zora's Domain alright" Sheik said as they headed for the city "The home of the Zoras."

"It's so bright" Niva added "How does it do that."

"Most of the structures are composed of luminous stone" Sheik informed them "Which gives a visible glow."

"Ah, I see. That's pretty neat."

As they approached the bridge, two Zora standing saluted them.

"Welcome to Zora's Domain" one of them said to the group "We hope you enjoy your stay."

As they crossed the bridge, Duren said "So those were Zora, huh? I've never seen one before. They're fish people, right?"

"Er, yeah, I suppose they are," Sheik said "but I wouldn't call them that to their face."

Once they had crossed the bridge and enetered the main area, Sheik stopped, and turned to the others.

"Alright, now we should see if we can locate the castle soldiers that are here" she said "And then we can find out how things are going."

After a bit of searching, the group found what looked to be Hylian soldiers.

"Look, those appear to be the soldiers we were told about." Sheik said "Come on, let's go talk to them."

She approached the one that seemed to be theleaderr, and spoke up.

"Um, hi" she said to the man "We're... uh... citizens of Castle Town. We haven't been doing so well with the water shortage and all and were wondering how well things are going here."

"Concerned members of the public huh?" the soldier said "Well, don't worry, we're getting close to solving this whole mess soon. Just waiting for a message from the castle is all."

"Wait, really?" Sheik asked surprised "Because we just came from Castle Town recently, and the guards there said they're still waiting to hear back from you guys."

"What?! That can't be. We sent a messenger to the castle a few days ago. He should have arrived there by now."

"Hmm, that is troubling" Duren said "Perhaps he ran afoul of the lizalfos or hinox we ran into on our way here."

"A hinox? I wasn't aware of any of those on the route" the soldier said.

"There WAS a hinox" Sheik told him "We took care of it."

"YOU took down a hinox?" the soldier said, sounding amazed "That's impressive. You're no ordinary citizens, that's for sure. I'll have to send another messenger along. If that's all, I have to go do that."

As the guard began walking off, Sheik gave a deep sigh.

"I don't think we'll be getting anything from him" she said "However, we might be able to find out what's really going on from the local Zoras. Let's ask around."

"Where should we start first?" Duren asked Sheik.

"Let's try the inn." Sheik answered "It's probably the best bet."

After finding the inn of the city, the group entered, and Sheik walked up to the Zora behind the counter.

"Hey, we were looking to book some rooms." she said "Also wondering what the word is on the dried up river."

"The river?" the Zora said "It dried up because something's happened in the water temple."

"The water temple?" Sheik asked "What does that have to do with the river?"

"The water temple is the source of water for the Zora River. If it's stopped flowing, it means something is wrong with the shrine within the temple."

"Wait, so if you know what the problem is, why haven't you been able to fix it?"

"We've tried." the Zora told Sheik "But the temple has become infested with electrical monsters, which are deadly to us Zoras. We were hoping the soldiers could do something about it, but they can't get into the temple because they can't breathe underwater."

"Ah, I see. That makes sense. Alright, thank you for the info."

"Right, well then, let me show you to your rooms" the Zora said, moving out from behind the counter.

"Well, we found out what the problem is" Duren said to Sheik as they followed the Zora "But why did we have to buy some rooms?"

"Two reasons." Sheik told him "One: because doing business with them makes them more likely to answer our questions. And two: because it's late and considering the day we've had we could really use some rest."

"Yeah, but we still don't know what we should do from here" Duren told her "If the soldiers can't find a way into the temple, what hope do we have?"

"I have an idea how we can do that. For now, get some rest. I'll tell you guys in the morning."

"Hey you two, wake up!" Sheik said to Link and Duren the next morning "It's morning, time to get up."

"Yeah yeah, mom, I'm getting up." Duren said sleepily, sitting up and yawning, as Link sat there rubbing his eyes.

"Hey, you're still here!" Niva said surprised "I figured you'd be long gone by now."

"And what made you think that?" Sheik asked.

"You know, I think it might have been the fact you said you'd only help us get to Zora's Domain, and that was it."

"I... well, I changed my mind alright." Sheik said "I'm going to help you guys find a way into the temple, and then that's it, I will well and truly be done with you two."

"Alright," Niva said "So, how do we get into the temple then?"

"To enter the temple, we need to find a way for you two to be able to breathe underwater." Sheik told them "As to how we might be able to do that, I bet we could could find some ancient Sheikah technology that'll help."

"Ancient Sheikah technology?" Duren said "How would that help?"

"The ancient Sheikah created many technological marvels that could things beyond our wildest dreams. It's quite possible one such item was something that could allow a person the ability to breathe underwater."

"Alright, but how would we find such a thing?" Niva asked.

"We should go to Kakariko Village" Sheik informed them "The archives there have all sorts of Sheikah knowledge stored away."

"I assume you know how to get there then?" Duren asked her.

"Yes, I do, it's my hometown. It's gonna be a decent trek, so we should head out immediately. Let's go."

After leaving Zora's Domain, the group headed back along the path they came until they exited the Zora's River area. They then headed south until they reached the Dueling Peaks, which they passed through, then went north.

"We're almost there." Sheik finally said as they were crossing a bridge "Just a little further."

"I had no idea there was a village here." Duren said, glancing at Sheik "Hey, wait a minute, why are you dressed like that?"

"No reason" Sheik said, having put her hood up and wrapped a scarf around, obscuring her face.

"I don't believe that" Duren told her.

"Me neither" Niva added "Something's up with you. You said this was your hometown, didn't you. You're hoping to avoid someone aren't you."

"Okay, fine, yes, there's a certain person I'd rather not run into" Sheik blurted out "Let's just go already."

They approached the gate to the town where a Sheikah guard stood.

"Welcome to Kakariko Village" he said as they passed by him "I hope you enjoy you- hey wait a minute! You there!"

Suddenly the guard grabbed Sheik  pulled off her hood and scarf.

"Aha, I knew it!" the guard said "It's you!"

"What are you doing here Keiko?" the guard asked Sheik, letting go of her "You know you are banished from the village."

"I'm sorry," she told the guard "I was just trying to help these two out."

"Hold on a moment," Niva piped up, emerging from Link's clothes "You were banished from your hometown?"

"And more importantly" Duren added "Your name is Keiko?"

"Is that a fairy?" the guard asked, looking at Niva. He then seemed to notice Link. "Wait a minute, those clothes you're wearing, could you be? Nah, it's not possible..."

"Wait, what?" Niva asked "What's so special about Link's clothes?"

"You don't know? Then why are you wearing them."

"Link's uncle gave them to him." Niva told him "He used to be a member of the royal guard, and said they had a special significance. I thought he was just joking."

"A member of the royal guard?" the guard asked "You wouldn't happen to have his crest would you?"

"We do" Niva said "Link, show it to him."

Link pulled out the crest and showed it to the guard.

"So, you're his nephew huh?" the guard said as he examined the crest and then handed it back to Link "In that case, I think I should take you all to meet Lady Impa."

With that, the guard beckoned for them to follow him as he headed into the village.

"Seriously?" Keiko asked, stunned by what just happened. She then looked at Link and said "Who ARE you?"

The guard led them into the village, and they headed straight for the most building.

"If you'll wait out here for a moment" the guard said outside the door, before going in.

"You okay?" Duren asked Keiko as they waited "You seem nervous. Like, really nervous."

"I haven't seen Lady Impa since she banished me from the village" Keiko said glumly.

"Ooh, yeah, that'd do it."

"How did you end up getting banished anyway?" Niva aked.

"That's... a story for another time." Keiko told her "Looks like the guard has returned."

"Lady Impa will see you now" the guard said, coming out from the building.

The group entered the building, and came face to face with a rather old Sheikah woman sitting before them. Immediately, Keiko knelt down on the ground.

"Get down you idiots" she said to the others when they just stood there and stared.

"My my Keiko," Impa said to them "You have certainly made some interesting friends."

"Lady Impa" Keiko said "We've come here to-"

"I know why you've come here." Impa told her "You want to get into the Water Temple."

"What? How did you know that?" Keiko asked, surprised.

"I know many things" Impa simply said.

"Um, okay then." Keiko said "Well then, do you know where we can find what we need."

"I do." Impa said, and motioned to one of her attendants, who brought out a map and handed it to Link "There is an ancient Sheikah outpost hidden on the outskirts of Hateno Village. I believe you will find what you seek there."

"I see. Thank you." Keiko told her "I guess with that, we should be going."

"Actually, there is one more thing." Impa told her "I would like to speak with you Keiko, alone."

"You, want to speak with me? Kaiko asked "What about?"

"I will tell you once we are alone" Impa said "If the rest of you could wait outside for a moment."

After the others had left the room, Impa spoke to Keiko.

"Keiko, I have a request to make of you" she said.

"A request? For me?" Keiko asked "What could you possibly want from someone like me?"

"I'd like you to journey with those two" Impa told her "Go with them on their quest to the end, wherever it takes them. Do that, and I shall allow you to return to the village."

"R-really? You would do that?" Keiko asked, stunned "But, why me? Couldn't you just ask one of the warriors from the village instead. What's so special about me?"

"I have my reasons. In time I'm sure they will become clear to you. But the question remains: will you do it?"

"Yes, I'll do it." Keiko said, bowing to Impa "You have my word."

"Excellent" Impa said "Then, in that case, I have something for you. It's in that box on that table over there."

"This box?" Keiko asked, walking over to the table and opening the box. Inside was an ornate curved dagger. "T-this is your.. I couldn't possibly... Is this quest really that important to you."

"Indeed it is" Impa told her "You might even say the fate of all of Hyrule is at stake here. Take it and go. Seize your destiny."

"Okay" Keiko said, taking the dagger. She then headed for the door.

"Good luck young one" Impa said as Keiko went through the door.

"Well, what was that about?" Duren asked Keiko as she exited the building.

"She asked me to go with you guys" Keiko told them.

"And? What did you say?" Niva asked.

"I said yes."

"Alright!" Duren said excitedly "Then it's official! We're a permanent team!"

Link smiled and nodded, and Niva was flying around happily.

"Alright then" Keiko said, taking the map from Link and opening it. "Next stop, Hateno Village. Huh, that's weird."

"What is it. Is something wrong?" Niva asked.

"On this map, there are two other spots marked on it."

"Hmmm, that's interesting. I wonder what they could be for?" Duren said.

"That is strange" Niva said "But right now we should worry about the one in Hateno."

"You're right." Keiko said "Let's get moving. If we hurry, we should reach Hateno by nightfall."

The group left Kakariko Village and headed east towards Hateno Village. After hours of trekking, they reached the entrance to town just after the sun had set.

"Yes! We made it" Keiko said triumphantly "No having to fight off stalbokoblins tonight. Now, let's find an inn. It's late, we've had a long day of traveling, and we still need to find the outpost, wherever it is."

"Speaking of, where do you think it even is?" Niva asked.

"I have no idea" Keiko answered "But inns are usually good place to find information about the surrounding area. But, that'll have to wait till tomorrow, because I am beat."

After finding a decent looking inn, they went inside, and Keiko paid for the rooms.

"Well, then, night boys." Keiko said, heading for her room.

The next morning the group woke up, and after preparing themselves to set off, Keiko went to talk to the person behind the counter.

"Alright then" Keiko said to the others after finishing talking to the person "Apparently, besides the local shrine, which can be found all across Hyrule, the only other Sheikah structure around here is some sort of 'fire thing' on the outskirts of town. Don't know what they mean by that, but it's worth a look."

"Cool, or should I say hot." Duren said jokingly "Let's go check it out."