An issue with FEditor

Will Bill

For some reason when I try to open the Portrait Editor in FEditor, it gets all screwed up. I’m not sure what’s causing this or how to fix it so I can continue replacing the original character’s portraits with my own.

I’ve solved this issue (Thank you for the suggestion)

5 hours ago, Niyati said:

Hey to be honest, just stop using FEditor.

Use FEBuilderGBA instead if you want a GUI tool, or if you have time leanr buildfiles, but just don't use FEditor.

But I’ve come across more problems. When I edit one of the weapons (poison sword since it won’t be used in my hack) into another weapon, when I attack with the unit, the animations won’t turn on, even though they are on. Is this because there is not an animation? All I did was alter the swords stats and lock it to one of my characters.

21 hours ago, vilkalizer said:

Does the character actually have an animation for swords? That plays when using other swords?

If so, screenshot your poison sword. It's hard to say what might be wrong without knowing what you've actually done with it.

Yeah. I used the Eliwood lord class and recolored it for my lord. The animations work fine when I’m using other weapons (iron sword, steel sword, etc.), just not with my altered weapon.

I’ve changed the stats of the weapon, it’s name, it’s description, I’ve removed it’s poison effect, and I gave it a lock to one of the characters (so that only my lord can wield it). The weapon works perfectly fine, just the animations won’t come on. I assumed that it’d use the animations for the poison sword.

But since the poison sword works fine in vanilla, you've clearly done something more than that. Possibly accidentally without realizing you did it.

22 hours ago, vilkalizer said:

screenshot your poison sword.

It's impossible to help you without knowing what you actually have. It wouldn't hurt to screenshot the edits you've done to the class, too. Or better yet, make a patch from your rom and upload that. That would be the easiest way to let someone figure out what's gone wrong.

I've uploaded the hack (its attached). It's nowhere near completion, as I figured I'd get all the heavy lifting out of the way at the start. The weapon is at 08 and was renamed Tyrfing. I didn't edit the class at all besides adding animations.

FE 7 Hack.ups