Fire Emblem Awakening's 6th anniversary!

Harvey

Firstly, hi again y'all! Haven't posted here in a long time!

Secondly, Today marks Awakening's sixth anniversary. Post your comments regarding your moments about this game.

We all know that this game was nearly a swansong for the Fire Emblem series in itself. Luckily, it sold well enough for the series to keep moving forward and we got games like Conquest and Echoes which are another set of great games as well.

For me, its the first Fire Emblem game I've played. Loved its gameplay and the rich cast it has. Its one of those dark edgy Nintendo IPs that still holds well. Had it not been for this game, I would have never gotten into Fire Emblem.

5 minutes ago, Harvey said:

For me, its the first Fire Emblem game I've played. Loved its gameplay and the rich cast it has. Its one of those dark edgy Nintendo IPs that still holds well. Had it not been for this game, I would have never gotten into Fire Emblem.

Same here.

In fact, it's the first video game that made me feel a deep and meaningful emotional connection to the characters. And the plot itself is of a type that I haven't seen in ages. Where the good guys actually lost. I wouldn't be on this forum at all if wasn't for Awakening and amusingly enough, I have Pokémon X and Y to thank for that. And amusingly enough, Awakening made Pokémon X that much more special to me and later on encouraged me to play other Fire Emblem titles. All in all, it really had a positive impact on me.

My first FE game as well. I got it back in 2015, broke the DS holding it, but I love it so much, I got another one. (Even to this day, it's expensive to get the game.) 

Coincidentally, doing a Lunatic run with a lot of characters I like. It's now both a headcanon and celebration run.

I forget the whole FE anniversary series is on best daughter Lucina's birthday...

FE13's sixth birthday also means the sixth birthday of my 3DS because I got the Fire Emblem Edition on the day when it came out in EU.
Tbh I have more fun with the console than with the game because FE13 didn't exhaust its entire potential story- and gameplaywise compared to former parts, but oh well.

The only thing I still really like from it is Frederick. I don't care much for the gameplay or the rest of the cast in general. The story is pretty garbage too. Overall bad game imo.

But since it did give me Frederick whom I find to be one of the most lovable guys ever, I don't hate it. It also did save the series from being permanently shelved, so that's great too.

Edited by Anacybele

Awakening got so many people into this series, and it also saved it, so just for that alone i'm very thankful it was a thing.

I still remember my first time playing it, i remember spending soooo much time thinking who i should pair with who, i wanted to go for the cute pairs, i didn't really care that much about the game-play part, which i think made things somewhat harder XD I also still remember how i ended up marrying Stahl of all people, and i sure don't regret it.

Yeah the story could have been better, but i don't care, i still had fun playing it, and also Robin is easily my favorite avatar in FE.

Happy 6th birthday Awakening!

While Binding Blade now holds the title for my favorite FE game, Awakening means a lot to me and still remains one of my favorite games ever. I still remember when I got the game during the summer of 2015, and boy did I have a blast playing it 24/7. It’s also one of the few games I went in (mostly) blind, so the experience felt so gripping to me. While I’m aware the game isn’t perfect, I find most of the flaws forgivable or at least can be overlooked.

Also it introduced Sumia, enough said.

• 2 weeks later...

I think like a lot of people here, I got into Awakening as my first Fire Emblem game, and I couldn't be more thankful that I got into this series, so I have a lot to thank Awakening for.

I got into the game because of Corrin (seriously) - because of the Smash Bros. DLC and the fact that "oh cool, they're a dragon!"  And since wasn't out at the time, and I was starting to get into the franchise, I played my friend's copy of Awakening.

And then I got my own copy after I fell head over heels with it.

The characters in the game are some of my favorite of all time (Chrom, Lucina, Cherche, Lissa, Nowi, Robin themselves, to name a few), and while I know the story is fairly generic all things considered, with how much clear effort was put into the game, how much the characters meant to me as the game progressed, I couldn't help but fall in love with it, and feel every beat of the story.  While the game isn't flawless (no game is, really), with how much passion I felt was put into make this game a good final page on Fire Emblem's legacy, it was impossible for me to not get swept up into that same passion.  The gameplay, while easy to break and just...easy in general (if you aren't playing on Lunatic and up, at least), gave me a lot of fun my first time running through, and still quite a bit on reruns, and it's level of experimentation and replayability is something I absolutely love about it!

I can't be grateful enough to Awakening for getting me into such a wonderful franchise, with some of the best stories, and greatest characters I've seen yet!

• 3 weeks later...