General Trails thread (Trails of Cold Steel 4 (PS4) out now).

Armagon

I said I would do it and I meant it. Bear witness to me in my moment of glory.

The best part is I did indeed proc the Doom Baker achievement during Weissmann's death throes, but it seems OBS didn't capture the Steam overlay while recording.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I said I would do it and I meant it. Bear witness to me in my moment of glory.

The best part is I did indeed proc the Doom Baker achievement during Weissmann's death throes, but it seems OBS didn't capture the Steam overlay while recording.

And so fell the mighty Weissmann, bested by a cookie.

....Now do this with every other final boss in the series. Actually.....are attack foods a thing in post-Sky games? I don't really mess around with the cooking so i probably have missed it but i don't remember seeing any attack foods in the Crossbell and Cold Steel games.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

And so fell the mighty Weissmann, bested by a cookie.

....Now do this with every other final boss in the series. Actually.....are attack foods a thing in post-Sky games? I don't really mess around with the cooking so i probably have missed it but i don't remember seeing any attack foods in the Crossbell and Cold Steel games.

Well, I'll definitely find something to keep the tradition alive with, even if it's not food items. I'm pretty good at this sort of stupidity, back in the first Paper Mario I defeated Bowser with a pebble.

Shame I didn't kill Reverie with Sieg back in FC.

Since the Cold Steel 3 localization is official now, I guess it's cool to post this in here, a commission I had done because Sean Chiplock voices both of em in English and they share something (don't click without having played CS1)

Bump, we're getting a tease of the next title, be that a Gaiden Sen V, Calvard, Remiferia, or the Holy City, remains to be seen (all 4 of those have been teased).

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

Bump, we're getting a tease of the next title, be that a Gaiden Sen V, Calvard, Remiferia, or the Holy City, remains to be seen (all 4 of those have been teased).

Wow already. Then again, it's just a title reveal so i imagine the game itself will release in at least two years (since they'll likely be building the new assets from scratch). Gonna take a guess and assume the next game will be in Calvard, since Sky 3rd and Crossbell have both set up for things over there. But like you said, the other three possibilities are possible. I just see Calvard as the most likely since it's been important since the start of the series (and it's also the last major power in Western Zemuria that hasn't been visited yet).

Though i do wonder if there's any possibility that the new game/arc takes place in Eastern Zemuria. All the games so far have taken place in the West but the Erebonia games do mention some problems that are happening in the Eastern side of the continent.

On 2/20/2019 at 8:07 AM, Armagon said:

Wow already. Then again, it's just a title reveal so i imagine the game itself will release in at least two years (since they'll likely be building the new assets from scratch). Gonna take a guess and assume the next game will be in Calvard, since Sky 3rd and Crossbell have both set up for things over there. But like you said, the other three possibilities are possible. I just see Calvard as the most likely since it's been important since the start of the series (and it's also the last major power in Western Zemuria that hasn't been visited yet).

Though i do wonder if there's any possibility that the new game/arc takes place in Eastern Zemuria. All the games so far have taken place in the West but the Erebonia games do mention some problems that are happening in the Eastern side of the continent.

Hmm the East will be a bit of time off, also yeah we aren't getting a NEW NEW game this year, this seems to be a very Ys focused year with both 9 and Celceta KAI.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Another bump 

image0.jpg

Relating to Cold Steel 4. 

Looks like we're getting both a gaiden and a new arc then. The question is, which one is being revealed first? Betting on the gaiden.

I wonder if the gaiden is gonna be like Akatsuki no Kiseki where it's technically part of the story but it's not important in the grand scheme of things.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Looks like we're getting both a gaiden and a new arc then. The question is, which one is being revealed first? Betting on the gaiden.

I wonder if the gaiden is gonna be like Akatsuki no Kiseki where it's technically part of the story but it's not important in the grand scheme of things.

I think it'll be more like Sky 3rd. Might also just be a DLC campaign for Sen 4 too. Who knows.

On 3/9/2019 at 5:32 PM, Jedi said:

I think it'll be more like Sky 3rd. Might also just be a DLC campaign for Sen 4 too. Who knows.

Cold Steel 5, starring Duvalie on her quest to get revenge on everyone who has ever made fun of her.

More on the team split. 

“We’re hearing from more people, even within the company, that want us to do a collaboration title. While I can’t promise anything for sure, I would like to get the opinions of the staff, as well as the fans, while discussing within the company whether we can release a title that would follow up Ys vs. Trails in the Sky.”

“While the numbered Trails series will continue to move forward in the future, there are still parts left unfinished, such as stories we weren’t able to tell in the already-concluded Trails of Cold Steel series. I’m considering deliver things like that and story continuations in some form. Since this year is the 15th anniversary of the Trails series, I think that we will be able to share information regarding that during the 15th anniversary.”

“Something big is already underway in terms of the numbered Trails series. This one is ambitious and is going to take some time. However, since we don’t want to keep fans waiting too long, the Trails team has been divided into two teams. There are people who say things like ‘I want to see this sort of episode,’ ‘I would like to try this,’ or ‘I want to know more about that.’ In order to deliver on those wishes, I’ve actually been thinking whether another team could make it possible.”

A side note on that collaboration title is that Kondo has mentioned interest in a Ys Warriors with Koei in the past.

Also this now exists I suppose 

http://www.vrex.jp/eng/collabo-1902.php  some potential Sen 4 spoilers however

c01.jpg

c02.jpg

A VR Bar, where you can interact or be one of the cast. Now exists to celebrate the series 15th anniversary

Edited by Jedi

17 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Cold Steel 5, starring Duvalie on her quest to get revenge on everyone who has ever made fun of her.

Nah, it should be Bleublanc!  He should impersonate every major political figure in Erebonia, then pass some ridiculous law like "at 2 PM, everyone needs to stop and smell the roses". :P: