General Trails thread (Trails of Cold Steel 4 (PS4) out now).

Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, it shouldn't matter and your PC is definitely more powerful than mine. But, if not the game settings, then it could be an issue with your PC itself.

I did wind up finding what appears to be a solution; simply playing in DX8 mode instead of DX9. At least, I was able to play for over two hours with no issues occuring, which I'll take to mean it's resolved.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The long-awaited sequel to killing Weissmann with a cookie.

With that, I've finished the Sky trilogy. Will probably go on hiatus for a while while I decide whether to find some way to play Crossbell duology or just jump to Coldsteel the Reanhege.

3 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

The long-awaited sequel to killing Weissmann with a cookie.

With that, I've finished the Sky trilogy. Will probably go on hiatus for a while while I decide whether to find some way to play Crossbell duology or just jump to Coldsteel the Reanhege.

This is the canon ending to Trails in the Sky the 3rd.

Edited by Armagon

On 4/11/2019 at 5:53 PM, Anomalocaris said:

If you do Cold Steel first, try to only do the first 2 before doing Crossbell, as while CS1/2 and Crossbell mildly happen around the same period of time, Crossbell and Sky 3rd stuff start becoming very relevant to CS3/4.

Being without knowledge of Crossbell will be awkward going through parts of CS3/4. Which is why I hope the localization will address that with at least some explanation, but it being NISA I'm not holding my breath, regardless of old Xseed team members being partly there or not.

Edited by Jedi

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

If you do Cold Steel first, try to only do the first 2 before doing Crossbell, as while CS1/2 and Crossbell mildly happen around the same period of time, Crossbell and Sky 3rd stuff start becoming very relevant to CS3/4.

Being without knowledge of Crossbell will be awkward going through parts of CS3/4. Which is why I hope the localization will address that with at least some explanation, but it being NISA I'm not holding my breath, regardless of old Xseed team members being partly there or not.

I mean, I have a general idea of what goes down in Crossbell-- poor little me can't resist spoilers. But I'd probably have gotten to Crossbell by the time I'm ready to move on to CS 3 anyway. Just hoping NISA doesn't fuck it over.

On an unrelated note, does anyone have the orbment arrangements and elemental restrictions of every single CS 4 character? I'm trying to compile a list of every playable character's elemental preferences across the franchise, like Joshua and Time, Olivier and Mirage, Tio and Water, ect.

5 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

On an unrelated note, does anyone have the orbment arrangements and elemental restrictions of every single CS 4 character? I'm trying to compile a list of every playable character's elemental preferences across the franchise, like Joshua and Time, Olivier and Mirage, Tio and Water, ect.

Don't Orbment arrangements and restrictions remain the same as long as the same Orbment is featured. I know CS3 and 4 use the Arcus II so i don't see why the arrangments and restrictions would change (for those who appeared in CS3 anyway).

At any rate, the Wiki should have them (just be sure to go to the one called Kiseki Wiki. Legend of Heroes Wiki and especially Trails Wiki are heavily incomplete).

Edited by Armagon

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't Orbment arrangements and restrictions remain the same as long as the same Orbment is featured. I know CS3 and 4 use the Arcus II so i don't see why the arrangments and restrictions would change (for those who appeared in CS3 anyway).

At any rate, the Wiki should have them (just be sure to go to the one called Kiseki Wiki. Legend of Heroes Wiki and especially Trails Wiki are heavily incomplete).

It's mainly the newbies I'm looking for, yeah. I've got all the old staples like Class VII noted down already, but can't find any information on new characters such as

Spoiler

Xeno, Leonidas, Ines, Ennia, ect.

Do they even use Orbments?

And none of the wikis have been helpful, they're all pretty incomplete on any Cold Steel characters who aren't a member of Class VII, new or old.

Edited by Anomalocaris

38 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

It's mainly the newbies I'm looking for, yeah. I've got all the old staples like Class VII noted down already, but can't find any information on new characters such as

Hide contents

Xeno, Leonidas, Ines, Ennia, ect.

Do they even use Orbments?

Pretty sure they do, but their Orbments and equipment are permamently set, because they are only playable in one specific instance (kinda like Toval and Elise at the start of Cold Steel II).

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pretty sure they do, but their Orbments and equipment are permamently set, because they are only playable in one specific instance (kinda like Toval and Elise at the start of Cold Steel II).

Ah, that's a shame.

Sky 3rd has spoiled me, with its always-available 16-character party.

6 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Ah, that's a shame.

Sky 3rd has spoiled me, with its always-available 16-character party.

I mean, with how many characters there are in CS4, i'd be surprised if they made everyone permanently playable. Because let's see, you've got

• Class VII (and associated peoples)
  • New Class VII (and associated peoples)
Spoiler
  • Team Estelle (minus Zin, Schera, Olivier and Kloe, the latter three who are present but not playable)
  • Special Support Section (minus Noel, Wazy, Rixia and Dudley)
  • Stahlritter (though only Duvalie is permanently playable)
  • Zephyr 
  • Certain members of Ourborous

So that's like what, 40 characters? Makes sense why only the two Class VIIs and associated people would be the ones that are permanently playable. 

Spoiler

That said, I do think some members of Team Estelle and SSS, along with Duvalie can have their equipment changed. Duvalie in particular sticks around for a long while too.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, with how many characters there are in CS4, i'd be surprised if they made everyone permanently playable. Because let's see, you've got

• Class VII (and associated peoples)
  • New Class VII (and associated peoples)
  Hide contents
  • Team Estelle (minus Zin, Schera, Olivier and Kloe, the latter three who are present but not playable)
  • Special Support Section (minus Noel, Wazy, Rixia and Dudley)
  • Stahlritter (though only Duvalie is permanently playable)
  • Zephyr 
  • Certain members of Ourborous

So that's like what, 40 characters? Makes sense why only the two Class VIIs and associated people would be the ones that are permanently playable. 

Hide contents

That said, I do think some members of Team Estelle and SSS, along with Duvalie can have their equipment changed. Duvalie in particular sticks around for a long while too.

Yeah, it's a pretty bonkers amount.

It's just unfortunate that I can't seem to find any videos of people actually taking advantage of the special characters being available. Everybody just seems to stick with boring old Class VII teams and never even takes a look at their equipment, haha.

Very, very minor spoilers for Cold Steel IV. 

Spoiler

I think I've found my favorite moment in the CS series: Yuna asking Campanella who the hell he is and why he cares about anything that's going on, calling him the worst of the bunch. It's nice to see a more human reaction amidst all the dong measuring contests. 

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

We have some voice samples of Rean and Alisa in English in CS3 now.

Very nice to hear them again. Loving that you can hear a bit of maturness in their voices. Don't know if they'll have voice previews for everyone but under the assumption that they do, i'll be looking forward to future voice previews, especially for Randy and Tio. Also makes me wonder if they'll keep Tita and Agate's English voices from Trails in the Sky. They replaced Olivier's (though only in English, in Japanese, he's always been voiced by the one and only Takehito Koyasu). 

Also there's one line in the website that's got me thinking

Also includes an interactive introduction to catch up new players to the ongoing story so anyone can dive right in to the world of Trails of Cold Steel. 

Makes me wonder if they'll include Crossbell stuff in there. I mean, they kinda have to if they want people to have context on like half of what happens in CS3.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Makes me wonder if they'll include Crossbell stuff in there. I mean, they kinda have to if they want people to have context on like half of what happens in CS3.

Maybe some of the old Xseed team is working on that, it'd be nice. 

On 4/20/2019 at 1:20 PM, Cure Naga said:

Are there any good sources of information for the development of any of the Legend of Heroes games? I could only find info on the localization of the games.

Probably have to check Gu4n on twitter he might have some stuff. I don't yet because spoilers are everywhere. Since the series is so interconnected. 

I do know Sky FC and SC were originally 1 game but split, as were Cold Steel 1 and 2. 

More voice samples. 

I'm finally attempting to finish Sky 3rd.  A little late, though!  Currently on the fourth world-thingy.

Spoiler

I hope Anelace isn't forced.  I'm a little bummed that I'm stuck with two characters, but at least it Kevin/Joshua for this segment.  Not that Reis is bad, but I'm having a problem trying to find a niche for her.

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

Probably have to check Gu4n on twitter he might have some stuff. I don't yet because spoilers are everywhere. Since the series is so interconnected. 

I do know Sky FC and SC were originally 1 game but split, as were Cold Steel 1 and 2. 

Thank you so much!!!!

I've been learning recently that the Japanese only gacha game, Akatsuki No Kiseki is canon, but isn't quite related to the main plot yet, although from what I'm hearing Falcom is encouraging those in Japan to play it while waiting for the next arc and the 15th anniversary game. 

So I can only wonder if that'll start becoming relevant as well. 

On 23/04/2019 at 9:14 PM, Jedi said:

I've been learning recently that the Japanese only gacha game, Akatsuki No Kiseki is canon, but isn't quite related to the main plot yet, although from what I'm hearing Falcom is encouraging those in Japan to play it while waiting for the next arc and the 15th anniversary game. 

So I can only wonder if that'll start becoming relevant as well. 

I really hope Trails' overarching story doesn't go the same route as Kingdom Hearts', depending on plenty of spin-off and side games as well as mobile games for you to understand it.

I'm still waiting for the finished translation of whichever is the first Crossbell game. I think all these new functionalities spoiled me.

29 minutes ago, Rapier said:

I really hope Trails' overarching story doesn't go the same route as Kingdom Hearts', depending on plenty of spin-off and side games as well as mobile games for you to understand it.

It won't. For starters, the writing is actually good and you can tell that most of, if not, all of it has been planned out several games in advance. Western fans are a little bit screwed over because of Crossbell not being localized but all it takes is putting that in the history section at the main menu (and also the fan-translations of the games exist). I'm quite curious on Akatsuki no Kiseki being canon since from what i know, some of it's events overlap with Azure's, yet the latter makes no mention of it (unless i missed some newspapers somewhere). Azure is technically a Crossbell game but even CSIII and IV just forget it exists (from what i know).

Idk, maybe the characters are canon and that's why Falcom wants you to play it? Who knows. There's only one other spin-off, Nayuta, and that one's definitely not canon.

On 4/27/2019 at 5:20 PM, Rapier said:

I'm still waiting for the finished translation of whichever is the first Crossbell game. I think all these new functionalities spoiled me.

That'd be Zero no Kiseki, which it's funny the current AO translation is much further along in it's editing and such than the Zero one (although that one was leaked early soooo yeah).

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

That'd be Zero no Kiseki, which it's funny the current AO translation is much further along in it's editing and such than the Zero one (although that one was leaked early soooo yeah).

I'd say there's probably more demand for AO given it's more important to the overarching story than Zero is.