The Selective FE8 PME!

Dismissed

This is a Pick My Edits based on a topic I posted a few months ago. Feel free to add suggestions in either here or the original thread, and I'll decide if it goes in.

4/23/2018: BETA 1.1 is live!

4/24/2018: BETA 1.2 is live!

4/26/2018: BETA 1.3 is live!

5/11/2018: BETA 1.4 is live!

5/17/2018: BETA 1.5 is live!

5/31/2018: BETA 1.6 is live!

6/19/2018: BETA 1.7 is live!

8/26/2018: BETA 1.8 is live!

9/23/2018: BETA 1.9 is live!

10/26/2018: BETA 2.0 is live!

12/25/2018: BETA 2.1 is live! Merry Christmas!

Current Features:

Spoiler

Beta 1.0

• Blades renamed to "Archblades" and get +2 weight, -1 might, and 1-2 range. (Ranged animation shoots arrows.)
  • Orson renamed to "JohnnyBadGuy" and has 10 HP, 12 Speed, 0 Luck, 30 Defense, 30 Resistance, and a personal lance named "Iscariot", which is indestructible, has 0 Mt, 50 Hit, 70 Crit and 1-3 range, and grants +10 Res.
  • Knoll is replaced by Canas.
  • Poison weapons have +1 might.
  • Marisa and Tethys swap classes. Marisa can still use swords though.
  • All light magic gets +15 crit, but +1 weight.
  • Moulder renamed to "Boulder"
  • Super Pupil renamed to "Scholar", Ewan's growths are boosted by +15% Str and +10% Spd, and he starts as a Lv. 3 Scholar with Thunder, Shine, Luna, and a Vulnerary.

Beta 1.0 - Editor's Picks (My Own Edits)

• Lockpicks, Myrrh's Dragonstone, the twins' personal weapons and all Sacred Twin weapons are now indestructible.
  • Longbow renamed to "Verylongbow" and has 3-10 range.

Beta 1.1 - The Might, Magic, & Monsters Update

• Marisa now has access to the four rings from FE7.
  • Aircalibur is purchasable and uses Excalibur's animation.
  • All "yes"s in the script have been changed to "yup"s.
  • Revenants and Entombed are now ZOMBIES!
  • Bonewalkers are now "Spooky", and Wights are now "Scary".
  • L'Arachel now starts with 10 HP and has Troubadour's bases, but has 210% growths in everything.
  • The Mani Katti is now sellable, in case it crops up again.

Beta 1.1 - Editor's Picks

• Sieglinde, Siegmund, and Audhulma all have ranged animations using Elfire, Thunder, and Fimbulvetr.
  • Fimbulvetr is now a C-Rank tome complementing Elfire and Aircalibur. It's also super effective against dragons.
  • Duessel renamed to "Diesel".
  • Rennac is replaced with Erk (wearing Rennac's clothes and has thief abilities) and starts as a Mage Knight. Mage Knights now have access to swords.
  • Ballisticians and assorted ballistae (using the Athos weapon lock) implemented, but remain unused.
  • All bows now use the Lyndis weapon lock to prepare for the Ballista update. (So that bow-users can't use ballistae and ballisticians can't use bows.)
  • Snipers now have the crit bonus to be much more viable/annoying.

Beta 1.2 - The Ballistician Update

• Ballisticians are here with assorted ballistae!
  • Seth is replaced by Wolt, with 60% growths in all stats except HP (110%), Skill (125%), and Resistance (40%). He starts out as a Ballistician.
  • Ballisticians are placed in several chapters.
  • Tethys now has promoted palettes.
  • Ephraim renamed to "Gary Stu".
  • The Ide Armory now sells Iron Archblades and E-Rank ballistae.
  • Selena now has a Silver Archblade to make her more formidable physical-wise.
  • Troubadour renamed to "Sailor Scout".

Beta 1.2 - Editor's Picks

• To cope with the expensive-ness of ballistae, all Gems now have more value.
  • Javelins and Hand Axes are now D-Rank.
  • Vigarde renamed to "Zygarde". He has green and black palettes now.
  • Syrene, Tana, and Vanessa renamed to "Angelica, Eliza, And Peggy".
  • Some minor edits here and there.

Beta 1.2.1

• Fixed Iscariot's Weight and Crit. Iscariot used to have 70 Weight and 0 Crit, when it was supposed to have 70 Crit. It now has 12 Weight and 70 Crit.
  • Ballistae have been tweaked a bit.
  • Removed Ballistician from Chapter 6. It was killing the NPCs.
  • Ballisticians now gain less EXP.
  • Selena now has the weapon rank to equip her Silver Archblade.
  • Nosferatu is now more durable.
  • Steel Swords are now lighter.
  • Class stat caps have been tweaked for balance.
  • Wyvern Knights now have the Crit bonus.
  • Poison weapons now have value.
  • Angelica, Eliza, And Peggy now have descriptions matching their names.
  • Bishops can now walk on water.

Beta 1.3 - The Percabeth Update

• Neimi now starts with 18 HP, 7 Str, 8 Skl, 4 Spd, 10 Luck, 3 Def, and 6 Res, with her growths now being HP 65%, Str 45%, Skl 60%, Spd 35%, Luck 100%, Def 25%, and Res 45%. Luna now has its stats from FE7.
  • Garcia is now Bartre with +20% to all of his growths.
  • Warriors start with Rank C in bows, and renamed to "Big Dudes".
  • Innes, L'Arachel, and Cormag are now Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, and Alexander Hamilton. Percy has a personal sword named "Riptide" which shoots ink (Flux) at range due to being a pen, while Annabeth has a personal weapon labelled the "FellDagger". Both are effective against monsters.

Beta 1.3 - Editor's Picks

• Ross now has +10% Spd growth.
  • Canas now has +15% Def growth.
  • Minor adjustments here and there.

Beta 1.3.1

• Gerik is now Roy. He comes with the Binding Blade and a Rapier, but is still a Mercenary.
  • Percy and Hamilton now have descriptions matching their names.

Beta 1.3.1 - Editor's Picks

• Assassins and Pegasus Knights now have a bit more Con.
  • Stat caps have been adjusted a bit.
  • Lute now has +10% Skl growth.

Beta 1.4 - The Lyn Update

• Eirika has been replaced with Lyn, and she can use Myrmidon-locked weapons
  • The Shamshir is now the Wo Dao.
  • The Tomahawk is now the Pugi.
  • Lute, Diesel, and Angelica now have increased growths in all stats. Lute now has 6 Con.
  • Stat caps have now been standardized.
  • Generals now use bows instead of axes.

Beta 1.4 - Editor's Picks

• Moulder's HP and Defense now have quadrupled bases and doubled growths.
  • Hoistflame no longer deals magic damage.
  • Ballistae accuracy and weight have been slightly adjusted.

Beta 1.4.1

• Bugs in 1.4 have been fixed.
  • Canas now has +10% growths in every stat.
  • Percy's clothes are now blue. While orange is Camp Half-Blood's color, it looks ugly on him, and Percy likes blue.
  • Vulneraries are now Rations.
  • Boots are now Shura's Boots.

Beta 1.5 - The Script Update

• Portions of the script have been rewritten to match the new characters.
  • Artur is now a hero with 10 on all stats, with growths of 80%/55%/55%/30%/30%/20%/5%
  • Saleh has been replaced by a surprise character, with a signature tome named "Sheer Cold", which is super effective against dragons.
  • O'Neill, the Prologue's boss, is now a Level 1 Hero with 1 Power and a Devil Axe.
  • Breguet, the boss of Chapter 1, is now a General with a Javelin. He has been renamed Bob, has 0 Skill, and uses an unused portrait.
  • Tickle now deals bonus damage to fliers too.
  • Some slight fixes here and there.

Beta 1.5 - Editor's Picks

• Gilliam is now Draug (Actually a recolored Bors because I'm too lazy.) with his FE12 growths, but his HP and Defense growths have been doubled. He can use swords as an Armor Knight.
  • To counter Bob, Axe Launchers are now super effective against armored units, and electric spells are now super effective against Ballisticians and Fleets.
  • Hamilton now has a personal lance called "My Shot" which has a Mt/Hit/Crit/Wt of 17/76/25/9, has 1-3 range,the Brave effect, and is super effective against Ballisticians/Fleets ("Let's steal their cannons!").
  • Canas now starts off with a Guiding Ring in his inventory.
  • Lyon now has Luna and Eclipse in his inventory, just to troll players.
  • Eclipse has been renamed to "Eclipse's Ban".

Beta 1.5.1

• The surprise character has been slightly buffed to make him a bit more viable.
  • Slim weapons are now Devil weapons,  and shop inventories have shifted a bit.
  • Percy, Annabeth, Amelia, And Peggy now have affinities of Light, Anima, Dark, and Dark. Amelia is now renamed to Garbage.
  • Fomortiis is renamed Ganon, because he basically is Ganon.

Beta 1.5.2

• Franz is now a Cavalier Eliwood with +20% to all growths, and comes with a Rapier, with +2 Mt.
  • Lyn has +10% Def/Res growths.
  • Silver weapons are now B-Rank.
  • Some weapon tweaks here and there.
  • Kyle's armor is now orange.
  • Erk now comes with a Lockpick.
  • Due to the fact that My Shot is too OP, Hamilton now starts as a Green Unit.

Beta 1.6 - The Boss Update

• Ross is now Orsin from FE5. He's still a Journeyman and has the Pugi.
  • Neimi is replaced with Serra, but still an Archer.
  • Joshua is now some guy named Kamito. This is a PME, and I have no idea who the heck this kid is. He has low bases but 75% HP Growth, 50% in everything else, but 25% luck. The original request was 100% in all but luck, but that was too OP.
  • Multiple bosses have been altered so that they won't be trivialized.
  • Natasha is now a Bishop with Dark Magic. She can still use Light Magic, because I don't know how to remove it.
  • Ewan starts with slightly higher Pow and Spd to be a bit more usable.
  • All enemy classes now have +10% in all growths to make the game a bit harder.

Beta 1.6.1

• Ballisticians now earn more EXP.
  • Fixed some class issues.
  • Added more Ballisticians to a few chapters.

Beta 1.6.2

• Some fixes, including a fix for the Res bug.
  • Dozla is slowly being infected by the capitalization disease.

Beta 1.6.3

• A new tome has been added, Blizzard. Due to this, Fimbulvetr is back to being A-Rank now with adjusted stats.
  • Adjusted shop inventories.
  • Fixed Roy's palette.

Beta 1.6.4

• Kamito now has 100% HP growth and 75% in the rest except for Luck, which is still 25%.
  • Natasha now wears slightly darker clothes.
  • Dozla's capitalization disease is starting to affect his death and endgame quotes.
  • Some fixes and changes here and there.

Beta 1.7 - The Hybrid Update

• Berserkers have been replaced with Battlemages, who use an axe/anima combo.
  • Summoners can now use light magic.
  • Colm is now renamed Shura, has Shura's growths and can use staves. He also starts with some boots.
  • Forde is now Hector as a battlemage with the Wolf Beil, but with his HP growth multiplied by 1.5 and his Str/Def growths doubled.
  • Kyle is now a summoner who can use lockpicks.
  • The Binding Blade now has the SoS fire animation and deals magic damage at range.
  • Lyon has been renamed Tigger.
  • DOZLA is now a Big Dude.
  • Big Dudes now have the crit bonus which was removed from battlemages.
  • Paladins can now use Light/Staves depending on gender.
  • Emperor Zygarde's face looks better now.
  • Divine is now called Resire, and has the drain effect and reverses the magic triangle.
  • Fixed Ewan's EXP issues.

Beta 1.7.1

• Hector and Kyle's base stats have been adjusted.
  • Gary Stu now starts with a Lockpick.
  • Gheb is now a Battlemage.
  • Enemies in later chapters have more weapon variety.
  • The crit bonus now gives 5 more crit.
  • Poison damage has been doubled.

Beta 1.7.2

• Angelica is now a Gorgon.
  • Orsin now has a better palette.
  • Ballisticians have been slightly nerfed and Chapter 9B is a bit better now.
  • Shop inventories have been tweaked a bit.
  • Hammers can now destroy Ballistae effectively.

Beta 1.7.3

• Wolt now has a palette matching his FE6 color scheme.
  • Valter and Caellach have been replaced by Ranger Virion and Glass the Peerless Swordmaster. Most of Virion's laughs consist of "hon"s.
  • Diesel is now a Maelduin.
  • Some tweaks here and there.

Beta 1.7.4

• Tons of fixes.
  • Erk gets buffed by a lot.
  • Boulder can use staves now.
  • Ballisticians have been adjusted.
  • Bows no longer use Lyn's weapon lock, thus eliminating enemy weapon issues. However, this means ballisticians can now use bows, but who would want to do that?
  • Angelica now comes with Shadowshot.
  • Adjustments here and there.
  • Distant Roads has been replaced with Winds Across the Plains.
  • Saar drops a Zap Cannon to help with Chapter 7.
  • Annabeth's eyes are now gray.

Beta 1.8 - The FE7 Update

• Garbage has been replaced by Ninian, who wields the Icestone from FE12. Ninis's Grace is also locked to her.
  • Kyle has been buffed, making him contrast with Hector "bases versus growths" style.
  • And Peggy is now a Recruit. Recruits now have cavalry abilities, fly, and promote to Pegasus Knight instead of Armor Knight.
  • Serra now has access to staves.
  • More tracks have been replaced with FE7 music.
  • The surprise character now has a new portrait to distinguish him from me, Purple Mage.
  • Erk and Hamilton had their portraits fixed. (special thanks to Zorua and Glaceo on Ft. Mangs for improving the Rennerk portrait.
  • The Ballistician class now uses class slot 10 instead of slot E. Due to this, OLD SAVES ARE NOW FOREVER INCOMPATIBLE DUE TO WOLT GLITCHING OUT.
  • And Peggy can't promote automatically once she reaches Level 10. Due to this, she now starts off with a free Knight's Crest to be able to promote.
  • Some more edits here and there.

Beta 1.8.1

• Several fixes for 1.8's bugs.
  • Valkyries have been given access to Anima Magic to be more viable.
  • Magic class stat caps have been slightly adjusted.
  • Elephant has been reverted to Rapier effectiveness.

Beta 1.8.2

• Selena has been replaced with Louise. She has Silencer and capped speed.
  • Riev has been replaced with Pent.
  • A few supports grow faster now.
  • A few more edits here and there.
  • Ninian's attack animation has been fixed.
  • Aias has been replaced with Saias from FE5.

Beta 1.9 - CHANGELOG COMING SOON

Beta 2.0 - The Final Update

• All 1.9 changes implemented, such as Dragoncat replacing Myrrh and the following:
  • Monica (JBG's wife) has been renamed to Monika.
  • All stat boosters and promotion items have been renamed with new descriptions.
  • Some rebalancing here and there.
  • Valkyries now have legit Anima ranks.
  • And some more changes with version 2.0:
  • A boss rush in Lagdou Ruins Floor 10, starring me, Dragoncat, Hawkwing, Hylian Air Force, and Del from Lunaris's Discord server.
  • Tons of dialogue edits to match the replaced characters.

Beta 2.1 - The Christmas Update

• Three more bosses in Lagdou Ruins: They shall be revealed in time.
  • Eliza And Peggy now have hair/eye colors matching their original dresses in Hamilton.
  • Percy's hair now has a blueish tint.
  • Zygarde's hair is slightly lighter.
  • Surprise character's portrait has received a few touch-ups and got slightly buffed.
  • Some units and items got buffed slightly.
  • Ballisticians have been nerfed to 5 move from 6.
  • Ballistae and some other unique weapons now have unique icons.
  • Plains now have 5 avoid.
  • The Weapon Triangle is now ±20 hit, ±3 damage, making it affect combat a bit more.
  • Rausten Court now sells blessed weapons.
  • Blizzards and frosty ballistae have been distributed among Grado's forces to celebrate the festive season. However, Ninian is now weak against icy things, so you better watch out, you better not cry.

Patch List:

Growth Rates: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GcyBFBw5qyBBARgwgQ8IIJ7SwKkilDy1q897OakWEe4/edit?usp=sharing

Planned Features:

Spoiler
  • ???
  • Change more characters.
  • Make the game harder.
  • What's fun? What's next? YOU DECIDE!

Credits: @7743 for making FEBuilder, and Nintenlord for making Event Assembler, and to those over on FEUniverse who made the Melee & Magic patch, the Display Weapon Ranks patch, and the animations for Bow/Magic Generals, armored Ballistician and Mage Knight with Swords, and to those who made the graphics for literally every new thing in the hack. Except for the stuff related to the surprise character. I did those, with some tips from people on Ft. Mangs. Oh, and thanks also to Zorua, who touched up the Rennac/Erk splice.

Edited by Purple Mage

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look, this PME's back. Let's bring some unused content in!

-Marisa gets a set of rings (They're in the unused content and do work), but the rings are nerfed to at least half their effect in BS.

-Alacaliber (the name for SS Aircaliber) is purchasable.

-Beacon items are purchasable in the postgame (Make them expensive)

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh look, this PME's back. Let's bring some unused content in!

-Marisa gets a set of rings (They're in the unused content and do work), but the rings are nerfed to at least half their effect in BS.

-Alacaliber (the name for SS Aircaliber) is purchasable.

-Beacon items are purchasable in the postgame (Make them expensive)

I can do that, but for now Aircalibur will have to use Excalibur's animation.

Should I add Ballisticians with assorted ballistae? How about male Mage Knights with Lances?

1 minute ago, Purple Mage said:

I can do that, but for now Aircalibur will have to use Excalibur's animation.

Should I add Ballisticians with assorted ballistae? How about male Mage Knights with Lances?

I am not going to argue that, I know it's buggy as is.

Neither are bad suggestions (Particularly the ballasticians, though I assume no ballistae for archers (rare as they were)), though I do wonder about it being only male mage knights getting lances.

Possible Edits

-Change all "yes"es in the next to "yup"s, and all "no"s in the text to "nope."

-Rename L'arachel to whatever spelling makes your pronunciation of the name obvious. (For example, I would rename her L'racheal)

-Rename Revenants and Entombed ZOMBIEEEES!

Alright, tried the beta up to 5x, had my fun, beamed when the blades actually attacked at range. Found an odd glitch too.

So I finish 5x, load up to Eirika's team and everything's about the same except an iron axe became the Mani Katti that only existed since that moment to my knowledge. Ross is now carrying the Mani Katti around and because it's Prf to a character who doesn't exist, it will not work for someone else.

Thought you ought to know. I'd also like to ask if you know what I need to do to change the rank of a weapon.

1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_03.png

Orson's name also displays as honnybadguy under his portrait, wasn't looking at the dialogue much.

Edited by Dayni

6 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Possible Edits

-Change all "yes"es in the next to "yup"s, and all "no"s in the text to "nope."

-Rename L'arachel to whatever spelling makes your pronunciation of the name obvious. (For example, I would rename her L'racheal)

-Rename Revenants and Entombed ZOMBIEEEES!

Good idea. Thanks, friend. Although I'm afraid that all words containing "no" might get affected. Let me see what I can do.

So far, I'm having fun testing the ballistae, although I had trouble with the vanilla animation so I had it replaced. Right now, there's Arrowspate, Hoistflame, Axe Launcher, and Sleet Slinger. Arrowspate is 3-10 and launches a javelin (if you squint really hard it kinda looks like a ballista bolt), Hoistflame is 1-2 range and has Fire's icon and animation so it kinda acts like a (literal) flamethrower, Axe Launcher is 3-10 and literally shoots Hand Axe projectiles, and Sleet Slinger is 1-2 and uses FImbulvetr's icon and animation.

So what do you guys think of the Lance-using Mage Knight idea?

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Alright, tried the beta up to 5x, had my fun, beamed when the blades actually attacked at range. Found an odd glitch too.

So I finish 5x, load up to Eirika's team and everything's about the same except an iron axe became the Mani Katti that only existed since that moment to my knowledge. Ross is now carrying the Mani Katti around and because it's Prf to a character who doesn't exist, it will not work for someone else.

Thought you ought to know. I'd also like to ask if you know what I need to do to change the rank of a weapon.

1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_03.png

Orson's name also displays as honnybadguy under his portrait, wasn't looking at the dialogue much.

Orson is supposed to be "JohnnyBadGuy", but I think it's too long. At least it's funny. I don't know about that Ross glitch, but I think it's an issue with how the game saves and loads character slots. I should probably make the Mani Katti sellable at a reasonable price in case it crops up again.

So who should be the ballistician? And what do you guys think of these character names?

Spoiler

Duessel -> Diesel

Syrene -> Angelica

Tana ->Eliza

Vanessa -> And Peggy (references lol)

Lyon -> Tigger (might change palette to orange)

Vigarde -> Zygarde (close enough)

16 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

Orson is supposed to be "JohnnyBadGuy", but I think it's too long. At least it's funny. I don't know about that Ross glitch, but I think it's an issue with how the game saves and loads character slots. I should probably make the Mani Katti sellable at a reasonable price in case it crops up again.

I did know that with Orson, just thought it was worth bringing up. As for the Rossi Katti, well, this never happened to me before and this is certainly not my first time playing SS, so I'm a bit out of the loop. Shame I made him a pirate, Hero Ross with the Rossi Katti sounds like a madman.

Either way, still want to make it useable.

13 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

The Mage Paladin is a cool idea! You have KnightOfNohr approval, my friend.

Aw yes! How about Ballisticians? Should Rennac be replaced with Erk wearing Rennac's clothes, while being a Mage Knight with thief abilities?

EDIT: Beta 1.1 is out now.

Edited by Purple Mage

when the charater reaches level 20 it glitches replasing the first item in there invetory with another item and can block them from being usable, like freezing the game if you ever open there inventory. i can no longer use my gerik 

Edited by MrLze

5 hours ago, Purple Mage said:

Aw yes! How about Ballisticians? Should Rennac be replaced with Erk wearing Rennac's clothes, while being a Mage Knight with thief abilities?

EDIT: Beta 1.1 is out now.

Once again, those are fine by me! I look forward to watching a let's play of this (if such a one is made).

3 minutes ago, MrLze said:

when the charater reaches level 20 it glitches replasing the first item in there invetory with another item and can block them from being usable, like freezing the game if you ever open there inventory. i can no longer use my gerik 

It's an issue with the DSFE Growths patch. It should be fixed by now. (Tested it by setting Eirika to level 19, and she was able to reach Level 20 with some leftover EXP and no issues. The level cap is 30 now.)

21 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Once again, those are fine by me! I look forward to watching a let's play of this (if such a one is made).

So I replaced Rennac with Erk, but who should be the (un)lucky character who class changes to Ballistician? Should I replace him (has to be male) with another GBA character?

Also, make sure to read the "Current Features" stuff, it'll help you with the changes. I also changed Strength to Power because Artur was displaying Str while having Lightning equipped.

Also, I'm looking for a good splicer just in case I need custom portraits. Do you guys know who I can request from?

1 hour ago, Purple Mage said:

It's an issue with the DSFE Growths patch. It should be fixed by now. (Tested it by setting Eirika to level 19, and she was able to reach Level 20 with some leftover EXP and no issues. The level cap is 30 now.)

So I replaced Rennac with Erk, but who should be the (un)lucky character who class changes to Ballistician? Should I replace him (has to be male) with another GBA character?

Also, make sure to read the "Current Features" stuff, it'll help you with the changes. I also changed Strength to Power because Artur was displaying Str while having Lightning equipped.

Also, I'm looking for a good splicer just in case I need custom portraits. Do you guys know who I can request from?

appreciated

31 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Replace Seth...with Wolt. (For the Ballistitian)

I was thinking that, plus the animation is already Wolt, but that might cause some issues with the Seth vs. Valter cutscene. Perhaps a ballista with the exact same stats as a Steel Sword? Anyway, I'm going with replacing Seth with Ballistician Wolt. Should I keep Seth's Vanilla growths, use Wolt's FE6 Growths, or my "Max Skill" Wolt growth set from my personal FE6 hack which gives him 110% HP, 60% Str, 125% Skl, 60% Spd, 60% Def, 40% Luck, and 60% Res? The first option will be decent, the second option would probably suck, and the third option will make him as broken (or even more broken) as Seth. Your, choice, folks!

To be honest, with the advent of Sword-wielding Mage Knights, I was tempted to stuff an OC I have into the PME, but decided against it. It's a stupid concept, and he doesn't even ride a horse anyway.

Do you guys have any ideas for ballistae? You can choose from any manner of projectile available in the base game; from axe to javelin to fire to frost to tiny arrows and whatnot. I can make them close-range, magical, or even brave.

I'm interested in the idea of replacing Seth with Wolt because of the scenario it creates. The kingdom is about to fall, so what does the king do? He sends the princess off with a random archer boy (presumably younger than her), riding a flippin' SIEGE ENGINE no less!

Any other ideas?

3 hours ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

The only edit I can think of is to change Ephraim's name to Gary Stu. Also I vote for the "Max Skill" Wolt because we need it.

Let's do this. Should I make Ephraim a Cavalier or should he remain a Lord? Also, Ballistician Wolt is gonna be awesome. Fantasy artillery blitzkrieg!

12 hours ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

A cavalier Ephraim would be amazing!  Also I just thought that naming whatever class L'Arachel is in to "Sailor Scout" would be fitting.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make Gary Stu a Cav due to palette conflicts. However, I can do the Sailor Scout thing.

Beta 1.2 is live! Now if you'll excuse me I think I'm gonna write an Eirika x Ballistician Wolt crackfic just for fun.

Have fun with Ballistician Wolt! He's the only one you've got.