The Selective FE8 PME!

Dismissed

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, flasuban said:

Is it alright if I do more changes? After trying the rom out, I noticed some potential ideas for what to suggest.

Go ahead. I could use some more changes.

Patch 1.5.2 is out, with tons of fixes and Eliwood.

I have a lot of suggestions. This should be it for me, since I don't have anything else. Most of them are boss edits, since I thought that Wolt made the bosses easy to kill.

Make Bone into a berserker with a hand axe.

Make Bazba into a sage with a divine tome.

The generic monster boss of chapter 4 should be a cyclops with a steel axe.

Make Saar into a warrior with a brave bow and hand axe.

Zonta should be a druid with nosferatu. 

Novala should be a sniper with a silver bow.

Murray can be a ballistician with axe launcher.

Boulder is now a fighter with a halberd.

Colm is now Wrys, with his bases and growths from FE11 as a priest. He comes with Physic. Give him a chest key for the chests.

Natasha is now a level 9 merc with 32 HP and +5 to her bases. Give her a female merc/hero animation. Triple her HP growth.

Rations now heal 15 HP.

Sell iron swords, steel swords, iron lances, steel lances, and iron axes at the chapter 2 shop.

Zombies now have +2 to all their stats (except HP).

Give the hatchet 25 uses and B rank, and give it 13 might and 10 critical.

Edited by flasuban

1 hour ago, flasuban said:

I have a lot of suggestions. This should be it for me, since I don't have anything else. Most of them are boss edits, since I thought that Wolt made the bosses easy to kill.

Colm is now Wrys, with his bases and growths from FE11 as a priest. He comes with Physic. Give him a chest key for the chests.

Natasha is now a level 9 merc with 32 HP and +5 to her bases. Give her a female merc/hero animation. Triple her HP growth.

Rations now heal 15 HP.

Sell iron swords, steel swords, iron lances, steel lances, and iron axes at the chapter 2 shop.

i don't really use wolt and the bosses are still easy. plus hamilton is so good. he got two crits and and pierce crit to kill the demon king aka ganon 

ps. lets have some variety in these class changes so things are more interseting

Edited by MrLze
had a couple more things to say

1 hour ago, flasuban said:

Rations now heal 15 HP.

I can do all of the boss requests, and maybe the Wrys thing too. Maybe also Boulder's class change. I can't guarantee the Natasha, Rations, and shop changes though.

Has Ross been replaced?

If not, then Ross is now Orsin with his personal weapon the Pugi with his normal bases and +3 of his usual. New growth is 100/60/40/40/20/25/10.

Staff exp is now 25.

Peggy inventory is the same except with an iron lance instead of the devil lance.

Edited by not_myreal321

47 minutes ago, not_myreal321 said:

Has Ross been replaced?

If not, then Ross is now Orsin with his personal weapon the Pugi with his normal bases and +3 of his usual. New growth is 100/60/40/40/20/25/10.

Staff exp is now 25.

Peggy inventory is the same except with an iron lance instead of the devil lance.

Okay, but where the heck can I get an Orsin portrait?

34 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

There can't be to many classes that are the same. Cause if you find a Orsin Picture, then keep him a Journeyman, so there is a least a choose to have him become a pirate. Also change Dozla to Dart.

Some suggestions:

Give Ewan higher bases, so it would be easier to train him. +2-3 might be OK I guess..

Turn colm into Matthew from FE7, and give him the same growths except for strength, which gets 60%.

Replace Neimi with Serra, but keep her Archer class, and if you can, could you insert Matthew and Serra's support from FE7? Thanks~?

1 hour ago, Ephraim's Babe said:

Turn colm into Matthew from FE7, and give him the same growths except for strength, which gets 60%.

Replace Neimi with Serra, but keep her Archer class, and if you can, could you insert Matthew and Serra's support from FE7? Thanks~?

This might be tricky, but I think I can do the Serra thing. Not sure about Colm though...

On 19/05/2018 at 10:07 PM, Purple Mage said:

Here you have one. Shitty but works into Fe8.

PSgfFxV.png

Also for my changes:

Replace Joshua with this guy, Kamito. Make him start with pretty bad stats, when I say pretty bad, actaully pretty bad, but have him 100% at everything except for luck, with him having 25% at that and starting with 0. His portrait.

0UkIFyg.png

Also replace Tana(or any of the pegasus sister) with Camilla from Fates and have her have the same growths in there.

Camilla GBA Sprite (Fire Emblem Fates/ IF)

Also replace any couple character(Amelia and Frans for example) with Mage Knight 404 and Linoan and have their A support by this.

Also make ONeill playable.(There's a limit to 40 playables, vanilla uses 34 only, can still make more bosses playables)

1 hour ago, not_myreal321 said:

Make Natasha a bishop using dark magic instead of light. All bases are 10 except hp which is 25. Growths are 45/100/30/55/50/20/70. Con is 6 and all dark magic has -3 weight.

All dark magic already has -3 weight.

Hi, if you still have some unit left,

put a playable phantom (basically a fighter)

cannot promote but is max level at 40

with low hp-might-def

medium luck

high skill-res-speed

and same for growth

1 (or really low) con, but have a  special hand-axe with infinite use and stat like an iron sword I guess? /w low weight, it need to be at least be able to hit stuff 

or you could lower the might to increase the hit rate

the guy is still a ghost :p

dream of making a hack with a playable ghost- jeigan but too lazy to make one :(

ps: are you planning to put circle’s skill system? 

Edited by Generalflagada

5 hours ago, Generalflagada said:

Hi, if you still have some unit left,

put a playable phantom (basically a fighter)

cannot promote but is max level at 40

with low hp-might-def

medium luck

high skill-res-speed

and same for growth

1 (or really low) con, but have a  special hand-axe with infinite use and stat like an iron sword I guess? /w low weight, it need to be at least be able to hit stuff 

or you could lower the might to increase the hit rate

the guy is still a ghost :p

dream of making a hack with a playable ghost- jeigan but too lazy to make one :(

ps: are you planning to put circle’s skill system? 

I'm afraid that's just not possible.

No skills, to keep the game simple. Plus, it's too late for that. If I wanted skills, I would've applied it before making any other changes. If I apply it now, then that might corrupt the game.

Good thing there's no skills. It's like every single FE8 hack has to have skills, and I'm sick of it.

As for the PME itself, the ballistician in chapter 5 makes it impossible to finish. Either remove it or make its stats lower since it keeps killing everybody. 

It's funny how even with the new boss edits, the most powerful enemy ends up being a generic ballista.

Edited by flasuban

52 minutes ago, flasuban said:

Good thing there's no skills. It's like every single FE8 back has to have skills, and I'm sick of it.

As for the hack itself, the ballistician in chapter 5 makes it impossible to finish. Either remove it or make its stats lower since it keeps killing everybody. 

It's funny how even with the new boss edits, the most powerful enemy ends up being a generic ballista.

Heck, I'm currently doing Chapter 7 again and the ballista managed to kill Lute. Speaking of Lute, she starts with a Thunder tome, which is super effective against ballista units like the Ballisticians and the Fleets in Chapter 10B, and since Ballisticians have terrible Res, it should be enough to kill it, especially since they're so slow. The same effect applies to Bolting, the Zap Cannon, and Hamilton's personal weapon.

Also, yeah, skills are overrated and make the games too complex. It's one of the things that make Awakening and Fates very unbalanced.

Edited by Purple Mage

Tbh, the skill system add a bit more flavor the hack, since I already played lots of pme/hack/RAndomizer that have the same ol’ map (but different unit), and it does change how you go around in each chapter,

i must say that I still didn’t test your  pme, already do it but I’m waiting for a more « final » version to taste it,

but seeing those changelog, I staying to like it, that why I just created an account to post my pick,

and also thanks in advance for the hack :)