Fire Emblem: Ascension Feedback

Von Ithipathachai

Oh man, a support between those two HAS to happen, it just might be love at first sight if there's not too big of an age gap xD

If you don't write any other supports you can at least write that one.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Hey…I didn’t see any mention of Rosa in the Chapter 3 script. Not to criticize, but what reason do you have for this?

Also, just out of curiosity, when will Chapter 7 be?

Actually, Rosa gets one line in the Chapter 3 script when you first select her, warning you not to put her too close to the enemy since she can't counterattack.  Try looking for it again with Ctrl + F.

I've just started work on Chapter 7.  Coming before that is an "Interlude" with no actual map that is entirely plot in which Claudius and Carol's armies merge together.  I believe you should see it soon.

Lol wow Cato, what an ass. Talking of course about his idea to have a bunch of kids with Carol so he can keep the throne. I'm seeing shippyness between Carol and Claudius. They'll have to kill Cato for that, no doubt he wouldn't approve and try to sabotage THAT romance.

So I'm assuming Carol's mom was in hiding and not revealing her true identity? I wonder how she fell for a bandit though...maybe Derrick was a Robin Hood type who only stole from rich people, and she realized he had a point that rich people wouldn't be harmed as much with their valuables stolen? And he stole to help poor people? I would have added more shock to his dialogue there, but then again it might've been a little hard.

You made a mistake at one part:

Aetius

I don’t know.  But I see some more of Cato’s soldiers.  I don’t think they know what’s happened, so maybe I can ask them where Claudius and my son are.

Should be son/daughter, not just son.

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Lol wow Cato, what an ass. Talking of course about his idea to have a bunch of kids with Carol so he can keep the throne.

I know I'd be pretty upset and/or unable to think straight if all of a sudden I found out my dad lied to me about our family being the real royal family and that I'm not supposed to be where I am.

So I'm assuming Carol's mom was in hiding and not revealing her true identity? I wonder how she fell for a bandit though...maybe Derrick was a Robin Hood type who only stole from rich people, and she realized he had a point that rich people wouldn't be harmed as much with their valuables stolen? And he stole to help poor people? I would have added more shock to his dialogue there, but then again it might've been a little hard.

My intention was to explain how Carol's parents met somewhere in Carol and Derrick's Support conversations.  But since I probably won't get around to doing any of those (unless I find AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life's samples to be of sufficient quality to let him help me write some of them), I'll go ahead and explain it here:

Spoiler

Derrick had already been living in Garda Village for some time when it happened.  Basically, he was out hunting in the woods one day when he ran into Hadriana passed out from exhaustion on the trail.  Not wanting to leave her there, he took her home with him to nurse her back to health.  So roughed up she was from her journey that she could only remember her name.  Over the years, they grew attached to each other, resulting in them marrying and having Carol.

So there.

You made a mistake at one part:

Should be son/daughter, not just son.

Whoops!  Fixed it.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

8 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I know I'd be pretty upset and/or unable to think straight if all of a sudden I found out my dad lied to me about our family being the real royal family and that I'm not supposed to be where I am.

Doesn't give him the right to say that, no matter how confused and pissed off he was.

8 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

My intention was to explain how Carol's parents met somewhere in Carol and Derrick's Support conversations.  But since I probably won't get around to doing any of those (unless I find AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life's samples to be of sufficient quality to let him help me write some of them), I'll go ahead and explain it here:

Okay, that works! Dawww.

Also...Claudius x Carol. Please say I'm correct in saying the ship has sailed xD They looked at each other and blushed lol.

Edited by Dragoncat

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Doesn't give him the right to say that, no matter how confused and pissed off he was.

Can't make him too perfect of a human being, now, can we?  ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯

20 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Can't make him too perfect of a human being, now, can we?  ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯

No we can't. That would be unrealistic.

7 hours ago, Perkilator said:

I noticed that Ferrum was out of the party after Chapter 5. He’s still going to appear in the story, isn’t he?

Yeah.  He's going to be a late-game chapter boss when you see him again.

1 minute ago, Perkilator said:

Oooh, okay. How many chapters are there in total?

I'm shooting for about 30 total (that should be about 25 main chapters and 5 gaiden chapters).

The next chapter you'll see is 7x.  Choosing whether to do it or skip it will affect the treasure you can find in Chapter 8 and also

Spoiler

whether you'll be able to recruit Jake and Anna in Chapter 11.

I think about 90% of your playable cast gets recruited within the first half of the game, which should hopefully give you plenty of time to put effort into whoever you want to use (and their S-Supports).  Since there are no Child Units in this hypothetical game, you don't need to worry about pairing everyone off, though there may be a few choice pairings you're interested in (mine are Mitch x Boudicca, Elma x Fritz, and Rosa x Chaucer, just to name a few).

• 1 month later...

Nice to see Jake and Anna. Maybe you have this written down somewhere that I missed, but what classes are they? What weapons do the merchants use? Are they a "merchant" class that all use the same weapon or no?

Petricia's connection to the pirate boss Barrett was neat. I would have given him a different name since it's so close to Carol's father Garrett, but minor nitpick. More major nitpick: If Barrett is so bloodthirsty, wouldn't he have killed Petricia too when he killed her parents instead of adopting her?

I'm still rooting for that Claudius x Carol ship btw xD The way he said "Carol might be watching" lol.

Jake and Anna start as a Fighter and a Thief, respectively.  However, when you eventually recruit them, they are already promoted to Hero and Rogue, respectively.

Again, Carol’s father is named Derrick, not Garrett, lol.

Barrett...  He’s not right in the head.  He is bloodthirsty, but he also wanted to make himself more famous by raising the second coming of Shanty Pete.  And he’s more than happy to be killed in battle.

So Chester is transgender? Huh, interesting! I guess I don't need you to correct this typo then:

Chester (if she is alive)
    I’ll go!  If it’s manpower you want, I’d be glad to pitch in!

Or do you? If someone is transgender and you call them by the gender they don't identify as that's rude. Meh, food for thought. Anyway, was the original name Chessie? Transgender people will change their names like that. Some pick a completely different name, some just use the opposite gender version of their name.

I also wonder if Dolcinee and Quixana are going to be a ship, because childhood friends. Yeah I'm a heavy shipper as you can probably tell xD

I addressed Chester as “she” because I was writing with a very technical mindset and didn’t want to confuse anyone.  But perhaps your suggestion has some merit.  At the very least I intend for her fellow Diehards to still address her with masculine pronouns in her Supports.

It is worth noting that Chester can only S-Support either a female Avatar or Fatima, a Dancer you recruit in Chapter 9 and must protect for that chapter and the next.  Damien, who becomes your Transporter at the end of Chapter 8 (the one you just read), is gay and can only S-Support either a male Avatar or Lee.

Quixana can S-Support Dolcinee, but he can also S-Support Rosa, a female Avatar, or a recruitable Berserker boss named Hippolyta whom you recruit by defeating her in Chapter 11x.

4 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I addressed Chester as “she” because I was writing with a very technical mindset and didn’t want to confuse anyone.  But perhaps your suggestion has some merit.  At the very least I intend for her fellow Diehards to still address her with masculine pronouns in her Supports.

It is worth noting that Chester can only S-Support either a female Avatar or Fatima, a Dancer you recruit in Chapter 9 and must protect for that chapter and the next.  Damien, who becomes your Transporter at the end of Chapter 8 (the one you just read), is gay and can only S-Support either a male Avatar or Lee.

Quixana can S-Support Dolcinee, but he can also S-Support Rosa, a female Avatar, or a recruitable Berserker boss named Hippolyta whom you recruit by defeating her in Chapter 11x.

I see! 

Yay female berserker. There needs to be female axe fighters/warriors/berserkers that aren't Charlotte. And I like her name. Queen of the Amazons is her namesake, right?

On 7/15/2018 at 3:12 AM, Dragoncat said:

I see! 

Yay female berserker. There needs to be female axe fighters/warriors/berserkers that aren't Charlotte. And I like her name. Queen of the Amazons is her namesake, right?

That’s right.  The Amazons in this game are a tribe of female-dominated barbarians who attack civilized villages and kidnap and enslave their menfolk (make of this what you will).

Elma can also promote to Berserker, but I honestly think Hero might be a better option for her for its superior SKL (for Sol triggers) and defenses.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai
Changed "all-female" to "female-dominated"

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

That’s right.  The Amazons in this game are a tribe of all-female barbarians who attack civilized villages and kidnap and enslave their menfolk (make of this what you will).

Elma can also promote to Berserker, but I honestly think Hero might be a better option for her for its superior SKL (for Sol triggers) and defenses.

That's even awesomer that she's an actual Amazon! Yeah the Amazons in ancient Greek times would hook up with male Greeks and keep the resulting babies only if they were girls. They returned boys to their fathers. Just left them on the doorsteps without a word and went back to their own villages. I wonder if there were any really pissed off Greek wives when this happened, because the Amazons weren't picky about whether their partners were married or not. But the ancient Romans had town orgies, and that wasn't far from Greek times afaik, so maybe people back then were more cool with sleeping around. I'd love to see the "oh shit" looks on those guys faces though lol. Like, "damn, I knew I shouldn't have had that much to drink and let that Amazon be all over me..."

And I see you also do the branching promotions. Neat. Are there no warriors as a fighter promotion?

5 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Warriors have been replaced by Vandals, a promotion for Axe and Bow Cavaliers.  This is what Derrick starts as.

But warriors aren't mounted units. Does Derrick have a horse then? It would be weird to start with a mount and then lose it on promotion. The other way around is fine but yeah.

Also, fyi, if you quote me in your replies I'll see it faster.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

But warriors aren't mounted units. Does Derrick have a horse then? It would be weird to start with a mount and then lose it on promotion. The other way around is fine but yeah.

Also, fyi, if you quote me in your replies I'll see it faster.

Derrick does have a horse.  Vandals really are just Warriors with horses and different base classes to promote from.  Derrick, for example, would originally have been a Bow Cavalier.

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Derrick does have a horse.  Vandals really are just Warriors with horses and different base classes to promote from.  Derrick, for example, would originally have been a Bow Cavalier.

Okay! A former bandit on a horse. Neat.

Does Manzarek's condition exist irl or is it something you made up? If it actually exists what is it called?

Fatima must be bisexual. Lol Carol's response, I like it, so blunt. 

I'm getting Lyon vibes from Cato now...