Wings of Fate Summoning Event (April 24 ~ May 9): Shigure, Kana (F), Hinoka (WITH DATAMINE 4/24/18)

Coolmanio

Kinshi Knight Hinoka?... Well, there go the orbs I was saving. A bit of an odd name to have her bow literally be called "Warrior Princess" though. Wonder if it's an awkward translation issue.

28 minutes ago, Florete said:

So Hinoka's title is "Blue Sky Warrior" despite neither her weapon nor her color scheme being blue.

Speaking of awkward translations - While I don't read moon runes, somebody on the FE Heroes Reddit suggested that the Japanese version of her title was meant to portray "Warrior of the Blue Sky" which would make a lot more sense.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHIGURE!!! :D 

I hope we’ll get Kaze somehow too; I love him ^_^

I don’t know why they needed an alt though. I thought they just did that for the Thracia banner to get more people to pull despite the characters not being well known. I wish Ophelia or one of the shapeshifters has gotten in instead. Hinoka does look cool though.

Edited by ShadowAlchemist

My question is, do I pull for Hinoka immediately or wait to try for the legendary hero first?

Probably Hinoka. I'm impatient.

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I just realized something. Water breath is inheritable and refinable. Though I doubt they'll drop Kana. Would be nice though if they demoted 2 units. Unlikely though

It's inheritable, but is there any indication of it being refinable?

well this is lame, fates has some pretty solid characters, I really can't tell if this is worse than awakening or if this game is already starting to rot to some degree, these alts are getting very tiresome personally, I don't care much for Reina but she certainly beats most forgettable fates royal 2.0, I do find it funny that they are referencing the fact that shigure cannot sing in fates, kana exists and I can't remember what a "Kaze" is.

And I thought that spitting in the face of all thracia fans with two alts of the only thracia characters the game had for about a year was annoying, I am slowly becoming anti alt in general, now we are swapping out fun seasonal alts with boring "What if" alts that do very little for fans in general and only make me wish that they would just release more seasonal banners, at least those are fun. I still don't mind legendary alts whatever keeps the atrocity that is OCs out of this game I wholeheartedly approve of.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

My question is, do I pull for Hinoka immediately or wait to try for the legendary hero first?

Probably Hinoka. I'm impatient.

It's inheritable, but is there any indication of it being refinable?

You're right about that. It already provides a def/res boost so it'd be a tad overkill if they made it refinable. Then again, blarserpent is refinable

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I just realized something. Water breath is inheritable and refinable. Though I doubt they'll drop Kana. Would be nice though if they demoted 2 units. Unlikely though

Sadly even if this was a 4 charater banner I bet they wouldn't do it. Fierce Stance & Goad Dragons still feel too premium for them to drop a unit like that down. And they seem to have an allergic reaction to 4* greens. Since launch, only 3 green units were added to the 4* pool and the last time they did that was Boey last May. 

Kana-M will probably have Waterbreath, at least? That'll be nice.

I may throw a few orbs in for Hinoka since she'd be great on my Flier Emblem team, but honestly this looks like another skip. I don't like Kana and Shigure is not a character I care to spend a lot of orbs for. 

Ironically, I would pull for Kaze, but he's possibly free so...

As much I liked the the units for this banner, it would be nice if there was rhythm or a theme considering we're 2 days away from Blazing Sword's 26th anniversary.

F!Kana: I like her, but bummed out that she isn't a red unit. Still a cinnamon roll

Shigure: I also like him, but incredibly bummed out that he isn't flier singer like his mom.

Hinoka: I'm really happy that she finally has an alt. With one that suits her to boot!

M!Kana: I like him, I just want to know how we know he's a infantry unit & not armor. I rather have something stand out between him & his mother.

Kaze: I like him, but I hope this means Silas will be a thing somewhere in the near future.

43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I want to take this opportunity to say how happy I am that we're having at least 3 banners in a row that aren't seasonal.

What if it had Bridal Titania?

37 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Fuck Reina in particular, am I right, IS?

But...I like Reina.   :(

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Wonder what they have against red dragons. I still don't have young Tiki, which leaves my 4-star adult Tiki as my only red dragon option. (Nor do I have female Grima, lol. My dragon team will likely never get off the ground.)

My condolences

Damn, I really want to skip some banners and save up some orbs but that Hinoka alt is tempting. I'm still salty about Leif avoiding me and now I have to decide if I want to take the plunge into colorless hell ?. 

Oh I just noticed but isn't Kana our 4th green dragon? I kinda want a new red dragon but I'm not sure who I'd want for a red dragon. It would be hilarious if our new red dragon later down the road ends up being a Tiki alt.

I'm going to sound like a broken record at this point but now it's just insulting. The royal that does literally nothing in Fates story gets an alt before Marth. Ah I mean no offense to Hinoka fans, after all I like her as well. I'm starting to think that the brigand boss will probably get into Heroes before we get an alt for Marth.

Wow this is really lame, was looking forward to what the new trailer could reveal.  Thought Fates was popular?  What's with the alts?  It is sad that even with their most popular and recent games they can't avoid going this trend.

So we have our 2nd Shigure and our 2nd Hinoka, along with one new character Kana.  I mean so many characters from that game left to get in and the do this.  Alt Hinoka is the most offensive, archer pegasus?  Reina was the obvious choice, couldn't put her in with that skillset?   

I guess save orbs for legendary banner and hope for better.  

Kaze! Finally! And he looks to be free too, so I'm happy. I figured the next banner would be Fates, but while the new Hinoka has amazing art, skills and an improved voice, I'm not sure if I want to pull for her or any of the others.

Also, I think Shigure's the likelier drop since Kana's breath has Bracing Stance built in. Hopefully we don't get another Fallen Heroes situation.

And I agree that next month's Legendary Hero will probably be a colored bow Takumi. Besides, the update that adds these Heroes will probably have a new arena listing to go with them, right? Hopefully IS hasn't learned from last month!

Edited by DefyingFates

Should have figured they would bring Kana into the game soon after Morgan came last month. As tempting as it is to get the other avatar's daughter and as much as I still need a green dragon I will probably pass on her. Water Breath is inferior to Lightning Breath plus Grima and Myrhh are probably still better options than her. Hopefully they will drop her to 4 stars so I can randomly get her later.

Shigure gives us a lance with the wo dao effect so now all we need is a non-seasonal wo dao axe. And I always figured our first flying archer would be someone in the Kinshi Knight class.

But the unit I'm most happy to see is Kaze since he is one of my favorite characters from Fates! Kind of hoping he will be free since I prefer neutral natures over -Atk or -Spd and I hope he's a good unit since I can replace normal Kagero for him and I don't have Felicia trained up (or her plate for that matter). Now I just need to wait for Silas to come in the inevitable Conquest banner whenever that comes.

I guess Legendary banner will have Legendary Takumi with green bow (probably a new Fujin Yumi) like I see people saying but I think it would be funny if they had Hoshido Noble Corrin with a staff since that class did use them in Birthright and they did release Nanna with a staff a few weeks ago though its probably unlikely since Grima is coming back and they probably wouldn't have two Legendary Heroes with the same color on the same banner.

Green dragons: Fae (formerly 4/5-star, demoted to 3/4-star), Myrrh (has hone dragons, is flying), m!Grima (has ward dragons, armored, innate ranged breath, armored), and now f!Kana (has goad dragons, no clue about rarity, has inheritable weapon)

With Nowi being demoted, I think Ninian is the only blue dragon left in the 5-star pool (and has fortify dragons) with f!Corrin and Nowi being the only other blue breath users. We're apparently getting m!Kana as a blue dragon too, but we know nothing about him yet.

Tiki and young Tiki are the only reds, with young Tiki still being 5-star exclusive.

Female Grima is the only colorless dragon, and only shows up on legendary banners.

Basically, we need more red dragons who are not Tiki.

Did I miss someone?

Introdasting. Can't say I saw this one coming, especially with the last new Fates banner having been more recent than others like Archanea and Elibe. Although since it it Fates, I guess that makes my guess of Legendary Takumi more likely. Also confused as to why it's Gen 2 again, when we haven't had a real Gen 1 Fates banner, but sure.

I probably won't be pulling from this banner. While I like Hinoka well enough, I don't like her enough to go spending for her, and I'm not particularly fussed about Kana and Shigure. Interested in Kaze though, especially since there don't seem to be any events on the calendar for him to line up with, unless they're giving him out through the Illusory Dungeon, which I'd be all for. So unless Kaze's put on a surprise banner later on, my orbs are probably going towards trying to get Female Grima from the next Legendary Banner

Personally, I'm not particularly upset that we're getting alts on regular banners, I'm pretty okay with that. I'm more bothered by the fact that we've gotten Chrom and Hinoka alts on what would otherwise seem to be Gen 2 banners. Although I suppose the banners were named after the one Gen 1 character on them. Guess I'll just deal with it and keep saving orbs.

Ew, who dared to put a new character on this banner? Shoo, Kana, shoo, we need another Azura.... on a horse.... with decorative wings on her back to fit the banner theme. Bye bye, Reina, nobody wants thee, not even in a banner perfectly titled for you AND introducing your class (IMO, it doesn't matter if she is a great character or not, the way/pace IS introduces the cast is infuriating and every playable character should get in).

I wouldn't mind getting Hinoka, I do like her, but I doubt I'll spend many orbs on this. I have other priorities with my orbs right now. That Kaze, though... hmm, thinking about the possibilities on how IS might introduce him. The timing is weird, that's for sure.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

This banner looks like a pass. Not interested in Kana, I have plenty of Blue fliers already and Hinoka is cool, but I already have F!Grima and I wanted flying dagger. Flying archer is comparatively less awesome.

Between green dragon and Wo Dao+ lance, it seems like Wo Dao+ lance has a better chance of dropping because Kana comes with Fierce Stance which is locked to Zelgius and Dorcas as well as Goad Dragons which has no chance of being made easily accessible when dragons are running as rampant as they are. I wonder who can make use of Wo Dao+ Lance, and who is it a better option for compared to slaying?

Male Kana and Kaze interest me though. M!Kana is doomed to be mediocre due to being a GHB though. Too bad, I'd really love a blue dragon option that's not Nowi. Kaze could be a TT reward and one could creep up on us right after this one for all we know. I hope he's decent but if he's free he probably won't be that good either. PLEASE HAVE SEAL ATK/SPD!!!!

But yeah. Pass. Will do the full free pull like always then saving what scraps of orbs come my way for Legendary or Golden week. Good thing most of these things will be happening at the same time.

9 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I'm going to sound like a broken record at this point but now it's just insulting. The royal that does literally nothing in Fates story gets an alt before Marth. Ah I mean no offense to Hinoka fans, after all I like her as well. I'm starting to think that the brigand boss will probably get into Heroes before we get an alt for Marth.

I agree with you completely, my friend. Although, I did find myself saying whilst watching the trailer that they should have included a Ryoma alt in the banner just to finish the Royals off, hahah.

8 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Can't be hard as IS fucking Marth

I cry everytime...

Argh, I was really hoping it would be Archanea...oh well, there's another New Heroes banner coming up soon, so...y'know.

It's funny. I had a dream that this banner would have Chrom and Lissa alts, except it was Lissa from the Harvest Festival DLC, with the little party hat. This is infinitely worse.

But then I saw Kaze, and everything is saved. Now, how do we get him?

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

IS says fuck you too, then.
And fuck me while we’re at it.

Fuck me three in the uuuuuf

Guess I'll spend my orbs on the legendary banner. Who knows

Edited by silveraura25

SHIGURE! Omg...I really kinda' want him, but after my Ayra adventures, I can't exactly afford to. I'll pull all the blues I may or may not get on my first pull and see if I get lucky, but after that I may have to hold off and pray that he's the one to drop to 4 stars. It makes sense... I can't see IS making either of Kana's skills available at 4 stars...I think Goad Dragons is new? I'm trying to remember, but I'm fairly certain that was the only dragon skill not available yet., and as far as Shigure's Ward Fliers goes, it makes sense for it to finally come at a lower rarity...even if his lance is new... 

Hinoka looks like she'll be a good unit. No complaints about Kana either. I think this art style is fitting for her. I haven't liked it on a lot of other characters, but on Kana it looks sweet. Part of me wonders if M. Kana will get the same style like the Morgans did. I don't have a particularly strong attachment to my Fates kid because I'm a bad mother like any good Fates parent so I don't need to pull for her and M. Kana is free! That leaves Kaze...

We don't have another TT planned yet. M. Kana is the GHB. ...I wonder if this means he'll be a prize for the Tap Battle? If not, then I suppose he might get thrown onto a surprise banner during Golden Week.

56 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, totally!

As for the red dragon issue, this makes me think even more now that IS is waiting to make the laguz dragons all red so they'd all be weak to thunder magic which is blue in this game, since they're canonically weak to thunder. Supports my theory that beasts will be green since they're weak to fire and fire is red, and birds will be blue since they're weak to wind which is green.

At this rate, it's going to be a while or when Marth gets his alt, seasonal alt or CYL alt which may or may not happen in the distant future (poor Marth). 

That would cool to ensure that they're unique. Would they have their own specific class buffs (Hone bird) or will it be classified as one? Who knows. 

Don’t think I’ll put orbs into this one. I already got plenty of green dragons now, same with lance fliers (plus I’m confident Shigure will drop anyways), and despite Hinoka’s uniqueness I don’t care about her at all. And this is coming from someone who likes Fates (had Silas been included, this might be a different story). Oh well, time to save some more orbs.