Wings of Fate Summoning Event (April 24 ~ May 9): Shigure, Kana (F), Hinoka (WITH DATAMINE 4/24/18)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

I see this sadly a lot in the FE fandom as a whole, not just Heroes.

Moving on, i just had a random thought. This new set of characters had a proper character after his alt version (Shigure) and the missing sibling of a current character (Kaze).

I wonder if whenever we get the more Conquest-focused banner we will get the other proper character after an alt (Charlotte) and the other missing sibling of a current character (Flora). Or maybe if Flora would be a GHB (she is fought in all three routes), then maybe the free unit could be the other character that joins you regardless of your path (Silas, also a parrallel to Kaze) but that's just me hoping.

Hopefully not so soon after this banner though, for variety reasons (and less complaints)

If I ever get Alt Hinoka I am so pairing with her regular Hinoka for that sweet Hone Fliers + Hinoka's Spear boosting each other

While I don't care for Charlotte, I would love to get Flora as a GHB... although she'd be instapaired with Jakob for me xD It always annoyed me she was the Corrinsexual of the two twins, since I like her design more than Felicia's (mostly the lovely blue hair... and not being clumsy all the time).

It makes me a bit sad for Ryoma that he is the last royal to receive an alt, especially since he's not unpopular. I was hoping he and Hinoka would get some love together in a seasonal banner.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

While I don't care for Charlotte, I would love to get Flora as a GHB... although she'd be instapaired with Jakob for me xD It always annoyed me she was the Corrinsexual of the two twins, since I like her design more than Felicia's (mostly the lovely blue hair... and not being clumsy all the time).

It makes me a bit sad for Ryoma that he is the last royal to receive an alt, especially since he's not unpopular. I was hoping he and Hinoka would get some love together in a seasonal banner.

Female infantry axe unit for gender balance. Well it was either her or Rinkah (or Echidna if it was FE6) but any one of them will do. I do prefer Rinkah though but Charlotte's VA is so good at voicing her crit lines (can you believe it's the same VA as Sakura?)

I wonder if they're even going to do a Hoshidan Summer banner now actually. If Ryoma is a legendary hero as some may speculate (Master of Arms Ryoma with Ryoma's Club?) then that at least finally gives Hoshidan an Alt. They'll have to do an alt Ryoma at some point since he was top 10 in the last CYL. On the plus side (?) the latter the alt, the more powercrept he will be

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Female infantry axe unit for gender balance. Well it was either her or Rinkah (or Echidna if it was FE6) but any one of them will do. I do prefer Rinkah though but Charlotte's VA is so good at voicing her crit lines (can you believe it's the same VA as Sakura?)

I wonder if they're even going to do a Hoshidan Summer banner now actually. If Ryoma is a legendary hero as some may speculate (Master of Arms Ryoma with Ryoma's Club?) then that at least finally gives Hoshidan an Alt. They'll have to do an alt Ryoma at some point since he was top 10 in the last CYL. On the plus side (?) the latter the alt, the more powercrept he will be

I want Echidna the most for female axe unit, although I wouldn't mind Rinkah. Charlotte was a bit too much for me (although I didn't realise she shares Sakura's va... that is pretty amazing). They don't care about gender balance, though - I mean, just look at male fliers. I think that's what I'm most bitter about - their continuous refusal to give us any variation for the guys. But I'm quite a salty person anyway, so don't mind me. You can argue the same for female cavalry (only one red, and no physical) and armour (see cavalry), but at least they have the abilities to make a proper team with good variation...

I would like a Master of Arms Ryoma. Hopefully he'll be a legendary and we'll stop having alts in the common pool all the time, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't really care for powercreep, either... I just like the units being added lol :)

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

金鵄 (kinshi) literally means "golden kite" ("kite" as in the bird of prey) and references the one in the story of Emperor Jinmu, the first emperor of Japan.

As for the actual design, it's pretty clearly based on the Chinese phoenix, seeing as it has the crest of a pheasant and the tail of a peacock, as is standard in modern depictions of the creature.

Ah, I see. Well that actually makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

37 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I would like a Master of Arms Ryoma. Hopefully he'll be a legendary and we'll stop having alts in the common pool all the time, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't really care for powercreep, either... I just like the units being added lol :)

I don't believe the alt units will stop. Now, I expect at least one alt unit in each banner (sadly)
About a Alt. for Ryoma... I liked Ryoma and Xander promoted costumes in Warriors, so I would like High Prince Ryoma and Crown Prince Xander in the game. Also, I would like High Priestess Sakura with a colored bow too.

9 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The best thing about this banner is that the fact we eventually got the vanilla version of a unit after they were previously only available as a seasonal/alternate variant gives me hope that I'll eventually get to see vanilla Charlotte appear.  Hehehehehe...

Oh, and Goad Dragons on Female!Kana is nice too, I suppose.  

I've been hoping for Charlotte to get a proper appearance for a while now. Never was a fan of her bridal art, so I never pulled for her. Shigure gives me hope.

Also, Hinoka's bow is effective against flyers AND armors! Love seeing more of these dual-effectiveness weapons pop up. It also makes Hinoka much more enticing to me, since I'm normally not that interested in her character or in bows/flyers in general. Really I'm just pulling on this banner for Kana though, until we find out more about the Legendary banner and the other new heroes. This banner will be around for a while, too, so no need to dump all my orbs right away.

Ya know I'm pleased with this banner because even though I'm not much of a fan of shigure those who are can finally have him in the summoning pool and have a better chance at getting him eventually then dealing with stacked odds on a legendary banner same goes for Kana being added since they can be around their counterpart Morgan. Kishi Knight Hinoka is great from her art to the chibi though those who are actual fans of reina have my condolences she'll come eventually though, and we can finally have the christmas ninjas now. Probably will go for Hinoka and Kana, quick aside does anyone else think the anger with each banner is steadily increasing it feels almost excessive at this point

13 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't believe the alt units will stop. Now, I expect at least one alt unit in each banner (sadly)
About a Alt. for Ryoma... I liked Ryoma and Xander promoted costumes in Warriors, so I would like High Prince Ryoma and Crown Prince Xander in the game. Also, I would like High Priestess Sakura with a colored bow too.

Oh, Priestess Sakura would be lovely. I like the Mikoto-esque outfit. Although that makes 3 Bow Hoshidans along with Takumi and Hinoka haha. (Curiously, both current seasonal Hoshidos are also Daggers. Dagger Ryoma next?)

@Cute Chao Well at the very least, we will get 3 male units out of the 5 new units. Sure 2 of the summonable units are female but if people are fans of the male Fates ones, at least you get 1 (maybe 2?) out of 3 of them for free which saves orbs. 

At the very least it will be refreshing to see Shigure instead of Subaki for male flier options. Interesting how both of them are done by the same artist.

While I'm not the biggest fan of this banner, I think it's a lot better than the FE13 one. Bow flier Hinoka is way more interesting than yet another Chrom, and in addition to male/female versions of the self-insert's kid and a new TT unit, we've got Shigure as a regular version of a formerly seasonal-exclusive unit.

If we have to keep getting this many alts, I'm glad we're starting to have them branch out more into side characters who don't have alts already.

I think it's interesting that Hinoka got a new bow rather than the Pursuer, an S rank bow from her game that hasn't been added yet. I've speculated that Takumi might be the upcoming legendary hero with the Pursuer rather than a Fujin Yumi rehash, and that could be a reason for them to avoid the Pursuer here.

I personally just want Kana and Shigure. Just because Kana is one of my favorite child units (having three favorite child units). Maybe Hinoka as well?

Can't wait for Male Kana, because he's the cutest lil dragon shota~ But this banner interests me, because I like Fates characters... sooo....

Also the Legendary Hero could be Corrin, Azura or even Takumi.
But if it's Azura, I wouldn't be prepared then...

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

I'm a big Shigure fan so I'll likely blow a bunch of orbs on trying to pull him. Hinoka might be pretty awesome in just about any team setup for controlling space and wrecking literally anything that flies. Super excited for this one!

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

While I'm not the biggest fan of this banner, I think it's a lot better than the FE13 one. Bow flier Hinoka is way more interesting than yet another Chrom, and in addition to male/female versions of the self-insert's kid and a new TT unit, we've got Shigure as a regular version of a formerly seasonal-exclusive unit.

If we have to keep getting this many alts, I'm glad we're starting to have them branch out more into side characters who don't have alts already.

I think it's interesting that Hinoka got a new bow rather than the Pursuer, an S rank bow from her game that hasn't been added yet. I've speculated that Takumi might be the upcoming legendary hero with the Pursuer rather than a Fujin Yumi rehash, and that could be a reason for them to avoid the Pursuer here.

Hinoka wielding Pursuer would make no sense since Kinshi Knights can't wield it.

Though, stranger things have happened.

25 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

Also the Legendary Hero could be Corrin, Azura or even Takumi.

Or Ryoma. I hope it's him, because those others have alts already and he doesn't.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Or Ryoma. I hope it's him, because those others have alts already and he doesn't.

Ryoma deserve to be a Legendary Hero or receive a alternative version, mainly after being excluded from the New Year Banner and still being a participant of "Christmas Vs. New Year" Voting Gauntlet, even without a costume.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Ryoma deserve to be a Legendary Hero or receive a alternative version, mainly after being excluded from the New Year Banner and still being a participant of "Christmas Vs. New Year" Voting Gauntlet, even without a costume.

Yeah, exactly.

R.I.P Caeldori, maybe I have in some month's again the chance.
I am disappointed, because we got again an alt (Hinoka), or maybe two, if Shigure is counting,but at all, it is better than what happened with Thracia.

Cool that we got Kana, normal shigure, and a flying archer although I have to admit I am a little salty Flora is not part of this (especially since we are also getting Kaze who I am not a big fan of). I also agree that Caeldori or Reina would have been better pick for a flying archer rather than another Hinoka.

Edited by nirvanafan

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Well at the very least, we will get 3 male units out of the 5 new units. Sure 2 of the summonable units are female but if people are fans of the male Fates ones, at least you get 1 (maybe 2?) out of 3 of them for free which saves orbs. 

At the very least it will be refreshing to see Shigure instead of Subaki for male flier options. Interesting how both of them are done by the same artist.

That's true. I don't mind female weighted banners, though I hope we get no more only female banners. We've had a fair few male weighted banners now, although there are still more males than females to get into the game... even if I don't expect them all to get in any more. Honestly, I keep hoping they'll go back to the 50:50 ones, since I never saw anything wrong with those, even if chances for individual banners were slightly less on four person than three person. I'm the type to more care about characters getting into the game.

I have been waiting for Shigure, although I had been secretly hoping they'd give him a different weapon or the sing option. He's my favourite child unit in Fates. He's most likely to drop to 4*, but I'm gonna go for him anyway :)

I'm also glad Kaze doesn't share colourless with Hinoka. I can already imagine people slating him for blocking them from her. As it is, now I just hope they're not randomly pulling another Ayra situation without warning us (which seems unlikely, but you never know). I'm very excited for him :D

Edited by Cute Chao

Has Kaze been confirmed as a TT unit?  I can't find any info about him being put in Heroes other then his sprite in the trailer.  I think I will skip the banner though, since I want to pull on the legendary banner and if they pull an Ayra with Kaze I want orbs ready for him.

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Could be. We haven't had a Water Legendary Hero in a long while though. We had 2 Earth, 1 Fire, 1 Water, and 1 Wind. So it's more so a toss up. 

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Has Kaze been confirmed as a TT unit?  I can't find any info about him being put in Heroes other then his sprite in the trailer.  I think I will skip the banner though, since I want to pull on the legendary banner and if they pull an Ayra with Kaze I want orbs ready for him.

Nothing confirmed yet. I'm expecting it'll be a Clive situation, but we'll see...

I'm genuinely intrigued in how Water Breath will affect dragon emblem for a lot people. Will they opt to go for it with DC? Or do they feel comfortable with the usual Lightning Breath and Steady Breath combo. You can run Aether with Steady Breath on dragon builds so that should give you more points for the expensive SP special, but I'm curious as to what is considered more optimal in battle.
Harmonic Lance should bring interesting builds on the table. Also, could be less expensive in the near future (when Shigure is the likeliest to get demoted) than Slaying Lance. If I get a spare B!Ike, I'd like to make a Fjorm with Steady Breath and Harmonic Lance.

At least for those that are pulling on this banner don't have to worry about desired units sharing color

4 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

If he would have been in another banner, they'd give an additional trailer like the previous Fates banner. No TT confirmed, but Clive arrived a month later than a Echoes banner in a TT

Edited by silveraura25

OK thanks, I kind of hope he is a TT reward since I really want him and getting him for free would be great, but only one merge would be sad.  

9 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

Could be. We haven't had a Water Legendary Hero in a long while though. We had 2 Earth, 1 Fire, 1 Water, and 1 Wind. So it's more so a toss up. 

Yeah, but given that Fjorm is free which means everybody should have her while Gunnthra isn't, I'd say people might want a new wind legendary more instead. And we know Ephraim will be in this banner, so it's not a fire hero. It's not earth either since we're going to see female Grima Robin, I'm certain. So it has to be water or wind, and for what I just said, I'm betting on wind. Ryoma could fit that too, I guess.

Edited by Anacybele