Wings of Fate Summoning Event (April 24 ~ May 9): Shigure, Kana (F), Hinoka (WITH DATAMINE 4/24/18)

Coolmanio

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but given that Fjorm is free which means everybody should have her while Gunnthra isn't, I'd say people might want a new wind legendary more instead. And we know Ephraim will be in this banner, so it's not a fire hero. It's not earth either since we're going to see female Grima Robin, for sure. So it has to be water or wind, and for what I just said, I'm betting on wind. Ryoma could fit that too, I guess.

Fjorm was more so a promotional sorta character, plus she's the main character of Chapter 2's story. 

But we know one thing though, it's Fates character for this next banner. So who knows.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

Fjorm was more so a promotional sorta character, plus she's the main character of Chapter 2's story. 

But we know one thing though, it's Fates character for this next banner. So who knows.

Yeah, it most likely is a Fates character.

This banner is a safe skip for me, which is good because Thracia ran me dry.

There is a 0% chance that F!Kana will rival Myrrh or M!Grima. Water Breath could be fun but it won't be better than Lightning Breath.

I like Shigure but I not enough to roll for him. I got an Atk+/HP- Tana on the TT free roll, so he'd be pretty redundant. His Stance skill also seems worthless, but the Wo Dao lance looks fun. I'm hoping he demotes.

I really don't care about Hinoka. I honestly keep forgetting she's even in the game. Getting a spiffy alt. won't change that. I really dislike that her bow has four (three if you don't count flier effectiveness) effects. This gives her weapon the same amount of effects as the technical ultimate winner of the first CYL. Also, why didn't she get Pursuer?

Anything M!Kana could do won't make it worth using him because of his voice.

I'm excited for Kaze, but the lack of any TT to get him in makes me worried he'll be another Ayra or tied to the May Orb Pack.

I'm predicting Legendary Ryoma.

Edited by AndrewMcC00l

Thinking about it more, I'm changing my Legendary Hero prediction from Takumi to the other Hoshido royal with bows as a primary offensive weapon: Sakura.

Even with colored bows, another infantry archer Takumi would seem really silly, especially this soon after his other recent alts. A colored bow Takumi would really want to be a Kinshi Knight, but that'd make no sense right after getting Hinoka as our first Kinshi Knight. It'd make more sense to space them out, especially with one of them being legendary and having a cool new bow type.

There's also the matter of element. A legendary Takumi would want to be Wind element, but it wouldn't make sense for the first two greens to both be Wind. Meanwhile, Sakura could fit nicely in Water, which is the most likely element for the upcoming one.

So I'm predicting Sakura as a green bow infantry with Water element and a boost to... hmm. Res is the stat that'd make the most sense for her, but that's shared with Gunnthra. Is that a problem? I'm not sure. It's something I was expecting them to try to avoid, but I don't think it's as big of a priority as other things. It's probably fine.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Hinoka wielding Pursuer would make no sense since Kinshi Knights can't wield it.

Though, stranger things have happened.

That's true, I forgot about that. It's certainly something they could do if they wanted to, but it's also a plenty good justification for avoiding it.

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but given that Fjorm is free which means everybody should have her while Gunnthra isn't, I'd say people might want a new wind legendary more instead. And we know Ephraim will be in this banner, so it's not a fire hero. It's not earth either since we're going to see female Grima Robin, I'm certain. So it has to be water or wind, and for what I just said, I'm betting on wind. Ryoma could fit that too, I guess.

Being the same element doesn't block a legendary unit from being on a banner. Just last month we had two Earth heroes in Ike and Robin on the same banner. It has to be that way because of the one legendary per colour restriction on the banner - if they tried to make both the colour and the element unique on every banner, then every water hero would be blue, every wind hero would be green, etc.

That said, triple Earth heroes would be extremely unlikely while there's only one hero of each other element, and I would also think they wouldn't want to double up on green wind. My guess would be a 50:50 shot on water or fire.

@OthinI'd prefer Sakura over Takumi but oh boy, that'd potentially open up the floodgates for 10 other Fates Legendary heroes based on prominence. I'd hope they keep Fates legendary representation to just Corrin for now.

Edited by Humanoid

Well Hinoka looks pretty sweet as a unit, but not particularly fond of any of them as characters and I can probably live without Hinoka as good as she seems. I'll do a pull and any other colorless that might be there, but otherwise I think I'm set. Curious who the GHB is. Maybe Iago?

Honestly, I don't really have too much of a problem with Hinoka getting an alt.

She's actually one of the few characters I genuinely like from Fates and think she's rather underappreciated by the fanbase. Plus, she kind of got screwed out of a seasonal by Camilla somehow taking a spot on an otherwise Hoshido-focused NY banner.

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Being the same element doesn't block a legendary unit from being on a banner. Just last month we had two Earth heroes in Ike and Robin on the same banner. It has to be that way because of the one legendary per colour restriction on the banner, if they tried to make both the colour and the element unique, then every water hero would be blue, every wind hero would be green, etc.

Oh yeah, true. Then Ryoma could very well be fire if it's him, which I think would fit him best anyway.

4 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Well Hinoka looks pretty sweet as a unit, but not particularly fond of any of them as characters and I can probably live without Hinoka as good as she seems. I'll do a pull and any other colorless that might be there, but otherwise I think I'm set. Curious who the GHB is. Maybe Iago?

Boy Kana has already been confirmed via the notification board.

Just now, Humanoid said:

Boy Kana has already been confirmed via the notification board.

Well that's super disappointing and doesn't make a lick of sense. Then again, I guess neither did F!Robin back when.

18 minutes ago, AndrewMcC00l said:

There is a 0% chance that F!Kana will rival Myrrh or M!Grima. Water Breath could be fun but it won't be better than Lightning Breath.

I like Shigure but I not enough to roll for him. I got an Atk+/HP- Tana on the TT free roll, so he'd be pretty redundant. His Stance skill also seems worthless, but the Wo Dao lance looks fun. I'm hoping he demotes.

I really don't care about Hinoka. I honestly keep forgetting she's even in the game. Getting a spiffy alt. won't change that. I really dislike that her bow has four (three if you don't count flier effectiveness) effects. This gives her weapon the same amount of effects as the technical ultimate winner of the first CYL. Also, why didn't she get Pursuer?

I'm excited for Kaze, but the lack of any TT to get him in makes me worried he'll be another Ayra or tied to the May Orb Pack.

I'm predicting Legendary Ryoma.

She could have good mixed bulk unlike the other two, but she seems slow according to the trailer. She possibly has 36 base atk so that's good enough. As for Water Breath, I'd have to run simulations for it to test it's worth

Shigure I'd see as a better Subaki, a bulky lance flier would be nice.

I'm rather amazed how this is the best bow in the game. Like seriously. Power creep is getting real.

No mention of a another banner containing him as was the case for Rhajat having a VG banner explanation. Expect a TT reward in May (like how Clive was delayed) or be locked behind a paywall

The next legendary hero is green so maybe Takumi, Camilla or Corrin. Ryoma could be a master of arms, but I'm scrathing my head at that

47 minutes ago, Morswo said:

I am disappointed, because we got again an alt (Hinoka), or maybe two, if Shigure is counting,but at all, it is better than what happened with Thracia.

38 minutes ago, nirvanafan said:

I also agree that Caeldori or Reina would have been better pick for a flying archer rather than another Hinoka.

At this point, it really should be expected that every new-character banner would have an alternate version of an existing character in it.

25 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

As it is, now I just hope they're not randomly pulling another Ayra situation without warning us (which seems unlikely, but you never know). I'm very excited for him :D

23 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I think I will skip the banner though, since I want to pull on the legendary banner and if they pull an Ayra with Kaze I want orbs ready for him.

I'm pretty sure they've already learned their lesson, considering that they put Rhajat on the Children of Fate banner's trailer despite her being released on a different banner.

20 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm genuinely intrigued in how Water Breath will affect dragon emblem for a lot people. Will they opt to go for it with DC? Or do they feel comfortable with the usual Lightning Breath and Steady Breath combo. You can run Aether with Steady Breath on dragon builds so that should give you more points for the expensive SP special, but I'm curious as to what is considered more optimal in battle.

With the exception of non-Distant-Counter builds and Arena scoring builds, Water Breath is pretty much dead in the water.

Water Breath+ has 2 more Mt than refined Lightning Breath+, but loses Steady Breath or Warding Breath for Distant Counter. In effect, the trade is:

• Water Breath+ + Distant Counter: 14 Mt, Distant Counter, Bracing Stance 2
  • Lightning Breath+ + Steady Breath: 12 Mt, Distant Counter, Steady Breath, +1 maximum Special cooldown

This means Water Breath+ needs to run Moonbow or Glimmer to get a 2-charge Special skill, but Lightning Breath+ can run Bonfire and still activate it at the same time. Similarly, on a dragon slow enough to be doubled, Water Breath+ runs Bonfire or Iceberg for a 3-charge Special skill, but Lightning Breath+ can run Ignis, Glacies, or Aether.

In terms of Arena scoring, Water Breath+ is slightly superior because Distant Counter is worth more than Steady Breath or Warding Breath, and the only loss is the inability to activate Aether if you get doubled.

The few dragons that cannot use Steady Breath or Warding Breath are Myrrh and female Grima, both of whom have better weapon options than either of Lightning Breath+ and Water Breath+.

If you forgo Distant Counter, which is something I can only actually see being reasonable with Corrin, you can run a Def-stacking build that runs Steady Breath and Ignis to let Ignis do the talking (who needs an Atk stat when your Ignis hits for 44 damage?). A +10 Corrin stacking Def with Steady Breath and with Fortify Dragons can tank every +10 Alm build with up to +4 Atk in buffs. Probably still want to hit him with Atk Ploy or Chill Atk from a teammate first, though.

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm rather amazed how this is the best bow in the game. Like seriously. Power creep is getting real.

I do not think Warrior Princess is good enough to be called power creep. It is not bad, but it could be a lot better. Brave Bow and Firesweep Bow are still the best bows out there. Brave Bow packs a lot more punch and Firesweep Bow shuts down counter attacks.

Not really a fan of most of the Fates children, Kana being my least favourite, to put it nicely, nor do I care for most of the Hoshido characters, though I don't mind Kaze, so... This is a definite skip for me.

Anyway, on the subject of alts, I don't hate the concept of alts, since alts are a part of many, many gacha games. The issue is that Heroes feels so incredibly slow in getting out characters not yet even in the game. I'd have to check, but it was either Awakening or Fates that was in danger of having more alts in the game the actual unique characters from their games. Hell, it was probably both. And yet there are still a bunch of characters from those games not even in Heroes yet. The execution of alts in Heroes is absolutely terrible, because there are a bunch of people, myself included, who are waiting for characters to be introduced into the game, but then we get alts who take up the space another character not in the game could have taken instead. Just pushing their release back, if they even ever will be released. And it's doubly annoying when it's an alt from a game a character you're waiting for is from, because then you know it will be a while before there's a banner for that game again. At this point the only alts I go for are my top characters, and even then it will be grudgingly.

Edited by Frenzify

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At this point, it really should be expected that every new-character banner would have an alternate version of an existing character in it.

Yeah, this idea really should've sent in with people after Thracia and its two alts for the price of one deal. Though if people want to waste their time getting triggered every time we get a non-seasonal alt so every banner from now on, they can go right ahead for all I care. If nothing else, I find their salt to be entertaining.

At least they didn't add 2 alts this time around (though technically the two Kanas might count just like the Morgans).

Though I don't get the complaints about Shigure. The poor man only got a seasonal, give him a break. It's a bit disappointing that he does not have Sing since we really could use some regular refresh units in the pool (we didn't get a new one since Ninian).

Also the Hinoka alt doesn't bother me as much as the previous ones. Kinda like Eirika with Gleipnir or the Grima Robins she is at least different enough from her original and brings in some of the more unlikely material to Heroes. Don't kid yourself, just like Knoll Reina had not even a 1% chance to be included. It isn't much as a cop out as say Chrom, Celica or Olwen who are quite boring.

EDIT:
It would have been interesting to see Hinoka with a modified Fujin Yumi as a nod to Conquest where it has no owner anymore.

Edited by Zeratul

4 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

It's a bit disappointing that he does not have Sing like his game counterpart since we really could use some regular refresh units in the pool (we didn't get a new one since Ninian).

Another Singer would be nice, although if he were to be one, I wish he would be a flying Singer with a red tome/sword. I already got NS!Corrin at +10, so a red Dancer/Singer would work better with her than HNY!Azura, although I guess it does not really matter if I give WOF!Hinoka Firesweep Bow. We also need more red Dancers/Singers in general since Olivia is still our only red one.

Honestly, I think it is good that Hinoka deserves some love from the devs.
The only thing that makes me a bit sad is that I wished for Reina to be the first Kinshi Knight, she just got Knolled. 

And the 2 Kanas were also pretty predictable after Morgan. At least we have them behind us, so if we have a new Fate banner in the future we would be more surprised. 
At least a "skip" Banner gives chances to stack up orbs. 

I believe the next Legendary Hero will be a Fates character, and a member of one of the Royal Families. My votes are for Takumi or Sakura.

Takumi would fit well as a Green Bow User, but having 3 Bow User Takumis are not that great. Sakura would be perfect for it. She could be a colored archer (green or red) and have a healing assist skill. She could have the Fates' Priestess Skill "Countermagic": if foe is a magic user and start the combat, foe will take X damage after the battle.

12 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

At least they didn't add 2 alts this time around (though technically the two Kanas might count just like the Morgans).

If you look at it the other way, each of the new-character banners ever since the addition of permanent alts has had exactly 2 new characters on it, regardless of the number of alts. Having both Reinhardt and Olwen on the World of Thracia banner didn't slow down the addition of new characters, it just diluted the focus pool a bit.

4 minutes ago, Stroud said:

The only thing that makes me a bit sad is that I wished for Reina to be the first Kinshi Knight, she just got Knolled. 

As @Zeratul said, just like with Knoll, the probability that either Knoll or Reina would have been added to the game at this point in its life (without being a launch character) is pretty much non-existent.

Anyone expecting such characters to be added at any point in the near future should be expecting to be disappointed.

1 minute ago, Frenzify said:

If the next legendary is a Fates royal, it definitely deserves to be Ryoma, as he's the big cheese of Hoshido, and has had no love from IS, whereas the others have.

Ryoma with a colored bow would be cool too, a red one.
I don't remember the Legendary Heroes who are cutted for the next Legendary Hero Banner. I know Ephraim will return this time, and Robin will appear in the end of May. Having Ephraim makes Fjorm not appear in this banner. I don't know about Gunnthrá or Ike.