Wings of Fate Summoning Event (April 24 ~ May 9): Shigure, Kana (F), Hinoka (WITH DATAMINE 4/24/18)

Coolmanio

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

There is also already Blow called Darting Blow, so I assume they named it Darting Stance to mirror it, although Armored Blow and Steady Stance are not mirrored.

That's exactly why I think Agile would've been a valid replacement. lol 

Death Blow - Fierce Stance : Death Stance how can an unoffensive thing be so deadly?

Armored Blow - Steady Stance : Armored Stance would've been pointless because everything is armored when you have armor, and it doesn't add anything to the stance.

Darting Blow - Agile Stance - How can a stance be Darting when your just standing there, may be your in a darting position, but agile stance actually is a common thing to say about a stance.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

She could be puking blue Mountain Dew. I think there's a blue Mountain Dew.

Voltage.

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

plus it goes with the colour scheme.

The last time we tried to pull for characters based on their color scheme, someone ran home crying.

24 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Death Blow - Fierce Stance : Death Stance how can an unoffensive thing be so deadly?

Armored Blow - Steady Stance : Armored Stance would've been pointless because everything is armored when you have armor, and it doesn't add anything to the stance.

Darting Blow - Agile Stance - How can a stance be Darting when your just standing there, may be your in a darting position, but agile stance actually is a common thing to say about a stance.

This is what happens when the localization team unknowingly digs themselves into a hole and is too stubborn to dig themselves out.

29 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Funny thing about steady stance is that we already have a steady blow, which grants Spd/Def. So what will the stance equivalent of that be called then? Same goes for swift stance being the parallel to swift strike, leaving the question of what the equivalent to swift sparrow will be. Sparrow stance?

Translators have a really deep hole to climb out of here

Edited by Korath88

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Funny thing about steady stance is that we already have a steady blow, which grants Spd/Def. So what will the stance equivalent of that be called then? Same goes for swift stance being the parallel to swift strike, leaving the question of what the equivalent to swift sparrow will be. Sparrow stance?

Atk/Spd will be Swift Stance so that Spd/Res can be Strike Stance.

The English Blow and Stance skills are a mess.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Atk/Spd will be Swift Stance so that Spd/Res can be Strike Stance.

The English Blow and Stance skills are a mess.

Isn't Sharena's Spd/Res Stance already Swift Stance?

9 minutes ago, Johann said:

It is, which is why I called it the parallel to swift strike which also grants Spd/Res 

Strike stance can't exist as it's basically the skill term like ~blow, used in mirror strike as well. 

Agreed that the blow skill naming is a complete mess, and doesn't even use consistent naming, alternating between blow, strike and sparrow. Like seriously, what?

Spoiler

Full list:

Atk: Death blow/Fierce stance

Spd: Darting blow/Darting stance

Def: Armored blow/Steady stance

Res: Warding blow/Warding stance

Atk/Spd: Swift sparrow (the biggest offender here)/??

Atk/Def: Sturdy blow/Sturdy stance

Atk/Res: Mirror Strike/Mirror stance

Spd/Def: Steady blow/??

Spd/Res: Swift strike/Swift stance

Def/Res: Bracing blow/?? (Probably bracing stance)

Edited by Korath88

44 minutes ago, Johann said:

41 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Strike stance can't exist as it's basically the skill term like ~blow, used in mirror strike as well. 

That was meant to be a joke.

42 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Agreed that the blow skill naming is a complete mess, and doesn't even use consistent naming, alternating between blow, strike and sparrow. Like seriously, what?

Swift Sparrow was a flub of an attempt to translate the skill's name.

All of the skills in Japanese follow the same naming scheme:

• Atk: 鬼神 (kishin), "fierce deity"
  • Spd: 飛燕 (hien), "flying swallow"
  • Def: 金剛 (kongou), "diamond" or "adamantine", i.e. an indestructible substance.
  • Res: 明鏡 (meikyou), "clear mirror"
  • Player phase: 一撃 (ichigeki), "single hit", i.e. "strike"
  • Enemy phase: 構え (kamae), "stance"
  • Enemy phase + special charge speed: 呼吸 (kokyuu), "breathing"

Thus, the player-phase Atk skill is 鬼神の一撃 (kishin no ichigeki), "fierce deity strike". The enemy-phase Def/Res skill is 金剛明鏡の構え (kongou-meikyou no kamae), "diamond clear mirror stance".

Swift Sparrow in Japanese is 鬼神飛燕の一撃 (kishin-hien no ichigeki), "fierce deity flying swallow strike". However, being the first of its kind of skill, I'm sure the localization team tried to get fancy and translated just the 飛燕 (hien) part for whatever reason, resulting in a skill whose name is just the "darting" in "Darting Blow", but with a sparrow instead of a swallow.

Probably because every high schooler out there would be too busy giggling at "swallow" and "blow".

And what the Japanese naming scheme gets for free is an obvious mapping to the elements (and colors), hence why each skill icon is the color that it is.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Probably because every high schooler out there would be too busy giggling at "swallow" and "blow".

What they should really be questioning is whether a swallow can carry a coconut.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Nobody said he had to be an archer.

Weren't people saying the weapon was a bow? I haven't looked too much into this, admittedly.

Stats are here.

Spoiler

f9hcqywrlst01.png

I'm more interested in M!Kana's artist though. That style seems familiar but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Edit: Kaze'd lol

Edited by Korath88

Spoiler

Kaze is voiced by Xander Mobius now huh? As much as I like hearing Xander Mobius's voice I kind of liked Kaze's old voice actor in Fates.

Edited by NSSKG151
spoilers

1 minute ago, Coolmanio said:

I put it in the title that Datamine stuff is here. I was told I just need to do that and it should be fine. 

But I will edit it just in case.

Oh. A datamine warning should do then

Edited by silveraura25

Spoiler

Kaze has poison strike and Atk smoke, along with Iceberg and barb shuriken+

Honestly, Kaze doesn't look nearly broken enough for IS to pull an Ayra with, so it's pretty safe to assume he's free.

Edited by Korath88

24 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Stats are here.

Hide contents

f9hcqywrlst01.png

I'm more interested in M!Kana's artist though. That style seems familiar but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Edit: Kaze'd lol

Are these neutral IVs?

33 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Literally says "kawasumi" right on the screenshot. That's Gray's artist.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Literally says "kawasumi" right on the screenshot. That's Gray's artist.

Ah, right. The art style was just different enough to throw me in for a loop. Honestly I tend to forget the names of artists that have only drawn one character this far.

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Anyone know Make Kana’s skills? It’s the only set I’m still in the dark about.

Spoiler

Water Breath+, Dragon Fang, Brazen Def/Res 3, Fortify Dragons

Spoiler

With Shigure having 37 neutral Spd, Cordelia and Tana just got another competitor for Firesweep Lancer.

Hinoka's got 32/35 offenses which is pretty disgusting so there's a bit more reason to pull for her though Brave Lyn has my attention.

12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I like Hinoka but her neutral face is a bit unsettling, to the extent I thought she was drawn by Male Grima's artist at first.

Haha, I had the same impression. Also the armored parts look strange combined with her signature dress.