Wings of Fate Summoning Event (April 24 ~ May 9): Shigure, Kana (F), Hinoka (WITH DATAMINE 4/24/18)

Coolmanio

The 4-5* pool is so shallow now that a double demotion isn't as ludicrous a suggestion as it would have been in the past.

(Not saying I'm expecting it, just that it wouldn't be a shock either)

Edited by Humanoid

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

The 4-5* pool is so shallow now that a double demotion isn't as ludicrous a suggestion as it would have been in the past.

The "4-5-star pool" means pretty much nothing from a functional standpoint, though. Every demotion is observable as an addition to the 4-star pool, not as a removal from the "5-star pool" and an addition to the "4-5-star pool".

And the 4-star pool is far from shallow.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The "4-5-star pool" means pretty much nothing from a functional standpoint, though. Every demotion is observable as an addition to the 4-star pool, not as a removal from the "5-star pool" and an addition to the "4-5-star pool".

And the 4-star pool is far from shallow.

Since they seem reluctant to demote from 5* exclusive to 3-4*, it does serve as a halfway house for future demotions, even if it takes another year. Admittedly it's a sample size of one, but a planned series of one-step demotions seems marginally more likely than a single two-step demotion. It can be useful for planning out a demotion roadmap, so to speak.

12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

(Not saying I'm expecting it, just that it wouldn't be a shock either)

Shigure has comparable stats to the current 2 best lance fliers with 33/37, compared to Cordelia's 35/35 and Tana's 34/36, and is a full BST bin above the latter 2. He also has the Wo Dao lance variant,  which is more valuable than water breath, even if his other 2 skills are nothing special. I'm honestly not seeing a demote here, but we did get 4* Soleil so who knows at this point.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Probably because every high schooler out there would be too busy giggling at "swallow" and "blow".

My friend's cousins in elementary school already giggle about that stuff, although they use more explicit terms. They still do not quite get the slightly more subtle terms, so I assume they got their sex ed pretty early but they have not found their father's treasure stack under the bed yet.

It is pretty entertaining.

46 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I like Hinoka but her neutral face is a bit unsettling, to the extent I thought she was drawn by Male Grima's artist at first.

I was wondering what you were talking about until I stared at her face for a few seconds. She could totally pass for FH!M!Robin if she dyed her hair!

I was also looking at her battle sprite in the video and her kinshi looks kind of dead too. The kinshi never blinked and its eye was closed shut the whole time, kind of like Henry.

Welp...

Got pity broken by a Brave Lucina, who I already had...
Also had a ton 4-3 units pulled... My most common was Female Corrin and Lukas. Maybe next big update they should make it a lil easier to obtain a 5* instead of getting bombarded with 4-3 star units and pushing 4.50%...

Also my hell is Blue.

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

16 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, this idea really should've sent in with people after Thracia and its two alts for the price of one deal. Though if people want to waste their time getting triggered every time we get a non-seasonal alt so every banner from now on, they can go right ahead for all I care. If nothing else, I find their salt to be entertaining.

I wonder what sort of person one would have to be to actively take joy in other players realizing that the odds of their favorite character ever getting into the game is very rapidly decreasing to zero.

Not a remotely good one, certainly.

ReinLyn + 2 dancers conquered the new Lunatic CCs.

For first session, got 3 reds, 1 green, and 1 colorless. Bleh, got 3* Sheena and 3* Jakob. Sheena had to be +Spd/-Atk.

Got Hinoka with about 150 orbs, so pretty much exactly average.

Along the way, I managed to get 4* versions of Klein, Lucius, and Nanna, so now Soleil is my only missing 4*. Also a new 5* Sothe, who's +Atk/-HP instead of +Def/-Atk, which is a great improvement. I hadn't even realized my old Sothe was -Atk: with LaD and Peshkatz he reaches 52 Atk anyway.

Taking a listen to Kaze's lines by Xander Mobus and I just don't think they work. It's a shame the guy who voiced Kaze in Fates isn't doing the lines here (it's not like he never worked on Heroes, he's voiced Xander here and in Warriors)

Also got -Spd Kinoka. Least it didn't take 100 orbs.

@Vaximillian Awwww, no "The pain will pass" quote for Kaze :( 

That was my favourite special quote. Also VA change will take some getting used to.

Matt Mercer sings again which is neat. Also I totally forgot he was a painter, his singing (and being a singer in his alt) made me forget about his other creative interest lol

Shigure's JP VA is Otabek from Yuri on Ice. This makes me happy on so many levels. I never knew that. XD Matt Mercer is also perfection. His chuckle for Shigure is excellent. 

Poor M. Kana. XD Reminds me of class today. My students were watching a video of different children from around the world introducing their greetings, and we get to this little boy from Australia who straight up sounded like he was doing a bad imitation of Mickey Mouse. Naturally the loudest boy in class screamed, "WHY'S HE SOUND LIKE A GIRL? DO I SOUND LIKE THAT?" I feel like little Kensuke would be offended by this as well. XD

Finally a bow flier, though honestly I'd hoped Reina would get some love, instead of yet another royal alt. She kind of got shafted in her own game for being avatar sexual for absolutely no reason, but I still kind of liked her.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Shigure's JP VA is Otabek from Yuri on Ice. This makes me happy on so many levels. I never knew that. 

If you like his voice then I suggest checking out "Megalobox". He's voicing the main character

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Shigure's JP VA is Otabek from Yuri on Ice. This makes me happy on so many levels. I never knew that. XD Matt Mercer is also perfection. His chuckle for Shigure is excellent. 

Poor M. Kana. XD Reminds me of class today. My students were watching a video of different children from around the world introducing their greetings, and we get to this little boy from Australia who straight up sounded like he was doing a bad imitation of Mickey Mouse. Naturally the loudest boy in class screamed, "WHY'S HE SOUND LIKE A GIRL? DO I SOUND LIKE THAT?" I feel like little Kensuke would be offended by this as well. XD

Shigure is Otabek? Huh, he's already pretty cultured enough now that adds another dimension haha

As a person from Australia, now I'm curious was it the voice or did the accent play a part? 

I hope we get free Reina from a future TT or something. Variety is nice and she does not necessarily have to have the same stats as Hinoka.

27 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I hope we get free Reina from a future TT or something.

Unless the prodigal mass injection happens, Reina will never be a thing.

25 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

If you like his voice then I suggest checking out "Megalobox". He's voicing the main character

Oooh. I may have to check it out. To be fair, I'm a fan of Otabek because Yuri on Ice is one of my fave anime, but I do enjoy his VA, and I'm always up for new anime!

25 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Shigure is Otabek? Huh, he's already pretty cultured enough now that adds another dimension haha

As a person from Australia, now I'm curious was it the voice or did the accent play a part? 

I hope we get free Reina from a future TT or something. Variety is nice and she does not necessarily have to have the same stats as Hinoka.

Shigure as a quiet, athletic bad boy with a motorcycle when? I would go bankrupt for that alt.

It was definitely the voice. The little boy's pitch was so high, you couldn't distinguish his "hello" from an American "hello." Usually, I love playing audio material for the kids so they can hear different accents, and most of the time they can tell the difference, but this poor little boy sounded more like someone was violently twisting his arm to get him to talk for the video. XD