Wings of Fate Summoning Event (April 24 ~ May 9): Shigure, Kana (F), Hinoka (WITH DATAMINE 4/24/18)

Coolmanio

I got a +Spd -HP Hinoka with 9 orbs! Yay! Thinking to give her Swift Sparrow instead of Atk/Spd Bond. And now, with Hinoka in my army, I will keep my orbs for the Legendary Banner.

Also, I am surprised with M!Kana! His stats and skills are great! I need get all 3 Kanas in this next GHB.

Kaze looks to be a good unit too! Now we have the NY!Takumi's Kagami Mochi as the Barb Shuriken. Also, he has Atk Smoke and... 34 RES?! He is a really good Def Ploy user. I hope he is a free unit.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

He is a really good Def Ploy user. I hope he is a free unit.

Oh yeah. Def ploy with him can be fun. I'd slap fury on him and refine his dagger for a spd upgrade. 41 SPD is decent enough without buffs.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh yeah. Def ploy with him can be fun. I'd slap fury on him and refine his dagger for a spd upgrade. 41 SPD is decent enough without buffs.

Yeah. Spd or Res refinement are the best for him. Sadly... he has IVs, so he is not a TT+ reward or GHB unit. He can be in the next main banner, or in a Voting Gauntlet banner.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. Spd or Res refinement are the best for him. Sadly... he has IVs, so he is not a TT+ reward or GHB unit. He can be in the next main banner, or in a Voting Gauntlet banner.

Actually, NY!Corrin had iv’s in the datamine for the New Years banner, yet he was a free unit. So it’s anybody’s game how Kaze will be Obtained. I’m guessing he’ll be an Ayra/Rhajat case

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

His IVs can easily be calculated just like the rest of the free units. Gamepress isn't necessarily spreading misinformation, they just don't know how Kaze will be distributed

@PoimagicThere'd been a follow-up trailer to the regular one then. There was a Rhajat showcase right after they finished showing off the units in the Fates kids banner. They're probably just delaying his release for a future event

Edited by silveraura25

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Actually, NY!Corrin had iv’s in the datamine for the New Years banner, yet he was a free unit.

I didn't know NY!Corrin had IVs in the datamine, or at least I don't remember it...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Unless the prodigal mass injection happens, Reina will never be a thing.

There is absolutely no basis for that claim.

Reina scored #197 on CYL2. Shigure scored #226, and we just got our second copy of him.

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

There is absolutely no basis for that claim.

Reina scored #197 on CYL2. Shigure scored #226, and we just got our second copy of him.

Call me when she gets in, and I’ll buy a hat, and then livestream me eating it.

Shigure was already in the game, technically, so adding an alt was easy. CYL doesn’t matter anymore.

9 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Weren't people saying the weapon was a bow? I haven't looked too much into this, admittedly.

No, people only think that because colored bows were found in the game data. Nothing has stated that the legendary hero will be a bow wielder.

12 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Kaze looks so pretty! I really hope he’ll be free; if he’s on a banner I know I’m going to spend all my orbs on him.

I hope so... I want Kaze so much. He is one of my favorite units in Fates.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Wow, Kaze's stats don't look that great. I figured he'd have great Spd and Res, but that Atk is awful. Oh well, I guess I should've expected as much from a dagger unit.

35 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Call me when she gets in, and I’ll buy a hat, and then livestream me eating it.

Shigure was already in the game, technically, so adding an alt was easy. CYL doesn’t matter anymore.

CYL doesn't matter anymore? What exactly are you basing that on, and what do you think is determining which new characters get in?

I am looking forward to M!Kana and he looks good, plus I will finally have a dragon skill since The game refuses to give me any of the dragon units with buff skills.  Kaze looks pretty good as well, I want him so much and I will have to think about builds.

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

CYL doesn't matter anymore? What exactly are you basing that on, and what do you think is determining which new characters get in?

I think the CYL still has value to give life to some unnoticed characters (Leif ended up pretty high for pretty much that reason).

After the pain that was the last banner (got up to a 5% pity rate and still nada), this one was much nicer! Got a wonderful +spd/-def Hinoka in about 22 orbs (what I wouldn't give for a Faye right about now), so now I can start saving for the next legendary banner for F!Grima!

6 hours ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

Maybe next big update they should make it a lil easier to obtain a 5* instead of getting bombarded with 4-3 star units and pushing 4.50%...

5-stars are supposed to be rare, and yet we already have a base 6% chance of pulling a 5-star of some sort on each pull, and the rate increases on failure.

For comparison, Fate/Grand Order has a 1% chance of pulling a 5-star (0.7% focus and 0.3% non-focus if there is only one 5-star on the banner) and a 3% chance of pulling a 4-star.

The Pokémon Trading Card Game Jungle expansion (the first expansion back in 1999) had a a guaranteed rare in each booster pack of 11 cards, but only a 50% chance that the rare was a holographic card, which is a 4.5% chance of any one card being holographic.

5 hours ago, pullofthebush said:

Urgh... Hinoka was my free pull, but she's +DEF -RES. I'm happy because she might still be useful for those damn Infernal GHB flier quests, but those IVs are really really bad...

She might actually survive a counterattack without buffs, at least. Honestly, I'd put [+Def, -Res] relatively high if you intend to keep her unique weapon.

3 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

It was definitely the voice. The little boy's pitch was so high, you couldn't distinguish his "hello" from an American "hello." Usually, I love playing audio material for the kids so they can hear different accents, and most of the time they can tell the difference, but this poor little boy sounded more like someone was violently twisting his arm to get him to talk for the video. XD

I'm laughing way too much at that. I feel awful.

Anyway, got a +HP/-DEF Hinoka on my second pull so I'm pretty stoked. Ideal, no, but she's got pretty sweet magic bulk and her physical bulk is only moderately more garbage. Plus, her offensive line is plenty good already. As sweet as Warrior Princess is, I think she'll be getting a brave bow too. Also, been a blast to level up.

Kaze looks decent enough. That strength is a little low, but his speed is nice, that dagger is sweet, attack smoke is always nice, and his res is amazing. All in all, he seems decent, but not particularly great which gives me hope he'll  be a TT unit. I have a feeling a lot of people will be foddering him off though.

M!Kana has a surprisingly loaded kit for a GHB. His attack might be a bit low, but for a dragon I suppose that's not nearly as much of an issue. I just wish I liked the way the Fates manaketes looked.

F!Kana and Shigure both seem good, but I wouldn't be surprised if either dropped. I'm actually leaning toward Kana, but who knows. Wo Dao was 5* for a bit, and Shigure's stats are a good bit better than Karel's. His other skills aren't great, but F!Kana's stats don't blow me away either and her kit doesn't really seem significantly better than the one they're giving out for free.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I think he might meant how CYL winners getting non-seasonal alts aren't that special anymore, but I might be wrong in understanding what he said

Looking over things again, I'm pretty sure Shigure isn't dropping if one or the other isn't. Ward fliers is 5*-exclusive thus far, he's arguably the best firesweep flier, has actually semi-respectible bulk, and freaking lance wo dao. Darting Stance is unimpressive comparatively, but like I said earlier, Kana doesn't actually seem any more impressive than the GHB one and has insane competition from Myrrh and M!Grima in the green dragon category.

39 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

After the pain that was the last banner (got up to a 5% pity rate and still nada), 

Ditto that my friend, really wish the pity rate was universal instead of just per banner. Would stop all that hard work feeling completely wasted when you get absolutely zilch in the final hours. Of course the fact that it works that way is what got them ten bucks off me once when I was desperately trying to fish for Ninian so I suppose it works for them (of course as an additional to that, the fact that I got nothing even after spending money has basically guaranteed I'll never spend money on the game again so maybe they should make pity rates universal. Of course that could just be me).

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

Looking over things again, I'm pretty sure Shigure isn't dropping if one or the other isn't. Ward fliers is 5*-exclusive thus far, he's arguably the best firesweep flier, has actually semi-respectible bulk, and freaking lance wo dao. Darting Stance is unimpressive comparatively, but like I said earlier, Kana doesn't actually seem any more impressive than the GHB one and has insane competition from Myrrh and M!Grima in the green dragon category.

Ward Fliers is a far more likely skill to drop right now than Goad Dragons. All dragon buff skills have been initially introduced at 5*, while Ward Fliers dropping would fit the precedent of adding 4* access to buff skills formerly 5* exclusive like Goad Armor and now Fortify Dragons. Also, Kana is a far rarer unit type.

My impression is that unit drops have tended to be a lot more signified by skills and unit type than stat distribution.

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I think he might meant how CYL winners getting non-seasonal alts aren't that special anymore, but I might be wrong in understanding what he said

I don't think that makes sense in context.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think that makes sense in context.

Oh. I thought you were talking about the first paragraph he wrote, not the second. Sorry

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

Ward Fliers is a far more likely skill to drop right now than Goad Dragons. All dragon buff skills have been initially introduced at 5*, while Ward Fliers dropping would fit the precedent of adding 4* access to buff skills formerly 5* exclusive like Goad Armor and now Fortify Dragons. Also, Kana is a far rarer unit type.

My impression is that unit drops have tended to be a lot more signified by skills and unit type than stat distribution.

I was thinking Goad Dragons was already available for some reason. But now that you mention that, Kana would make more sense. Stackable offensive dragon buff is pretty sweet. Works out for me because I'm way more interested in Shigure than Kana, if they do stick to that logic and don't pull a we're not dropping anyone.

In general, though, I have to say I'm glad they seem to be out of their armor rut. Seemed like for a little bit there it was mostly armors getting all the shiny new skills and great new units. Seems like they're in dragon/flier mode now, but at least it means they're trying to spread the love. I was worried they were going to stick to only armors ever since that seems to be what the whaliest of whales want due to scoring.

Story side note, was anyone else super disappointed by the rite of ice?

Edited by bottlegnomes