Wings of Fate Summoning Event (April 24 ~ May 9): Shigure, Kana (F), Hinoka (WITH DATAMINE 4/24/18)

Coolmanio

23 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Looking over things again, I'm pretty sure Shigure isn't dropping if one or the other isn't. Ward fliers is 5*-exclusive thus far, he's arguably the best firesweep flier, has actually semi-respectible bulk, and freaking lance wo dao. Darting Stance is unimpressive comparatively, but like I said earlier, Kana doesn't actually seem any more impressive than the GHB one and has insane competition from Myrrh and M!Grima in the green dragon category.

Kana will live in the 5 star exclusive, thanks mostly to Goad Dragons.

Edited by Troykv

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Iridium said:

I wonder what sort of person one would have to be to actively take joy in other players realizing that the odds of their favorite character ever getting into the game is very rapidly decreasing to zero.

Not a remotely good one, certainly.

Except that’s not what I find funny at all, so thanks for jumping to that false conclusion. I only get mild amusement from people being like “ew, an alt” whenever we get one on a regular banner when it’s pretty damn obvious that they aren’t going to stop coming anytime soon. Nothing more.

My money is on Kana getting demoted after the banner.  If only because it's been nearly a year since a new green unit got dropped from 5* exclusivity, which is frankly ridiculous.

20 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Atk/Spd will be Swift Stance so that Spd/Res can be Strike Stance.

The English Blow and Stance skills are a mess.

May be they could give an option one day where a player can choose to update Skill Names and Icons on a character that's listed as outdated. That way you don't force a name change on something people brought with money, but leave it an option that isn't too weird and specific because it updates every single thing it can at once in a character's skill list.

2 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

May be they could give an option one day where a player can choose to update Skill Names and Icons on a character that's listed as outdated. That way you don't force a name change on something people brought with money, but leave it an option that isn't too weird and specific because it updates every single thing it can at once in a character's skill list.

A feature like that would be a huge waste of development time and money, especially when the problem is not with the code or even with the original untranslated string files, but with the localization team's flubbed up translations.

Any company worth its salt would tell the localization team to just go update the strings.

The players bought the characters and the skills, not the names of the skills (unless you're making a meme build with themed skill names, at which point whoopdeedoo).

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

A feature like that would be a huge waste of development time and money, especially when the problem is not with the code or even with the original untranslated string files, but with the localization team's flubbed up translations.

Any company worth its salt would tell the localization team to just go update the strings.

The players bought the characters and the skills, not the names of the skills (unless you're making a meme build with themed skill names, at which point whoopdeedoo).

Oh I was just thinking cautiously because I've heard there are laws in place for GACHAs not being able to change up stats of characters and stuff. I thought that applied to names too. If there's no legal problems then I would just straight up make the localization team fix the names.

Also on a different topic that I remember made me kind of irritated. Kaze only has 36 neutral Spd when he's one of the fastest Spd growing characters in Fates. That's kind of disappointing. I'd hoped for at least 39 neutral Spd considering Lon'qu has 39 neutral Spd. I mean his 34 Res wasn't even needed because Kaze's Res was only at 50% Growth so 31-32 Res would've been more accurate to his Fates counterpart.

5 hours ago, Ae†her said:

Oh I was just thinking cautiously because I've heard there are laws in place for GACHAs not being able to change up stats of characters and stuff.

There is no such thing.

Complete Gacha is what comes to mind when there's talk of Gacha laws. It became illegal in Japan in 2012
"Complete gacha" (コンプリートガチャ), also shortened as "kompu gacha" or "compu gacha" (コンプガチャ), was a monetization model popular in Japanese mobile phone video games until 2012. Under complete gacha rules, players attempt to "complete" a set of common items in a particular loot pool in order to combine them into a rarer item. The first few items in a set can be rapidly acquired but as the number of missing items decreases it becomes increasingly unlikely that redeeming a loot box will complete the set. This is particularly true if there are a large number of common items in the game, since eventually one single, specific item is required.

Edited by silveraura25

On 4/23/2018 at 8:53 PM, MisfitMiju said:

those who are actual fans of reina have my condolences she'll come eventually though, and we can finally have the christmas ninjas now. 

I don't mean to be rude, but can we please stop saying this? There is absolutely zero guarantee the lesser popular characters are going to be added and with the practice of three new units per banner, characters slots have become extremely competitive. Reina's chance to be added is over. What? Are we going to cycle through every other game before we finally get to another Fates banner again? Then, hope that Reina is the "dud" unit they choose (like Oscar/Tailtiu/Male Morgan)? 

Imagine being a Thracia fan and looking forward to that games plethora of notable characters. Orsin, Lifis, Machyua, Eyvel, Sara, Lara and so on... Only to get a second Reinhardt and Olwen. The first, to cash-in on his surge of popularity. The latter, to seemingly justify having a Reinhardt alt.

The reality is, it's not happening. The chances for a "lesser" character to be added are so astronomically low at this point. And, this will never change unless Intelligent Systems either: stops relying on alts to make money or they re-assess how they release banner units (eg. ditch the 3-units-per-banner). It's beyond a joke at this point and selling this false hope that "no matter who your favourite is, they'll be added one day! Don't give up hope!" is a pretty big eye-roll with the current state of affairs.

21 hours ago, Othin said:

There is absolutely no basis for that claim.

Reina scored #197 on CYL2. Shigure scored #226, and we just got our second copy of him.

Your posts regarding the topic of Reina being added are... pretty ridiculous.

Not only is #197 a completely unremarkable position, but expecting Reina at this point of time is pretty nonsensical. Banners (generally) contain three new additions to the roster. Out of these additions, one unit ('the seller') is going to be an alt of an existing character. The second character, the other 5*, are the semi-popular units (ie. Kana, Morgan). And finally, we have the 'dud' unit (ie. Shigure, Tailtiu, Oscar, male Morgan), a relatively minor character with a small fanbase - if any. With the current trends of new units, Reina's only hope being added to the game is being chosen as that 'dud' unit. Now, taking into account that we've just had a Fates (Hoshido?) banner, we need to fast forward through now months and months of seasonals and banners that focus on other games (Tellius/Elibe/Archanea) or sub-themes (Fallen Heroes, Laguz)... and we're coming close to potentially even a year from now before we get another Fates banner. From there, we once again, reapply the recent banner trends... and what do you know? We get an alternate Camilla, a semi-popular unit like Ophelia and the dud unit is Benny. Great, no Reina. Again. If it is Reina, by some miracle, then replace the same issue with another lesser character like Benny or Nyx, etc. If you're a fan of relatively lesser popular characters like this, it's better to pack-it-up unless there's changes.

Honestly, I think falsifying this idea of hope that Reina will be added is actually pretty toxic to fans who do want her in the game. Unless Intelligent System responds in kind to the recent backlash, Reina (and Knoll) are not happening. There's a reason we have Hinoka now, not Reina. 

1 hour ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I don't mean to be rude, but can we please stop saying this? There is absolutely zero guarantee the lesser popular characters are going to be added and with the practice of three new units per banner, characters slots have become extremely competitive. Reina's chance to be added is over. What? Are we going to cycle through every other game before we finally get to another Fates banner again? Then, hope that Reina is the "dud" unit they choose (like Oscar/Tailtiu/Male Morgan)? 

Imagine being a Thracia fan and looking forward to that games plethora of notable characters. Orsin, Lifis, Machyua, Eyvel, Sara, Lara and so on... Only to get a second Reinhardt and Olwen. The first, to cash-in on his surge of popularity. The latter, to seemingly justify having a Reinhardt alt.

The reality is, it's not happening. The chances for a "lesser" character to be added are so astronomically low at this point. And, this will never change unless Intelligent Systems either: stops relying on alts to make money or they re-assess how they release banner units (eg. ditch the 3-units-per-banner). It's beyond a joke at this point and selling this false hope that "no matter who your favourite is, they'll be added one day! Don't give up hope!" is a pretty big eye-roll with the current state of affairs.

I'm a Thracia fan and I wasn't expecting more than 4 new characters to be added in the first Thracia banner: Leif, Nanna, Finn, and some other character. Obviously, I was hoping that fourth character would be Osian. It turned out to be Saias, which is perfectly reasonable in my book.

1 hour ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Your posts regarding the topic of Reina being added are... pretty ridiculous.

Not only is #197 a completely unremarkable position, but expecting Reina at this point of time is pretty nonsensical. Banners (generally) contain three new additions to the roster. Out of these additions, one unit ('the seller') is going to be an alt of an existing character. The second character, the other 5*, are the semi-popular units (ie. Kana, Morgan). And finally, we have the 'dud' unit (ie. Shigure, Tailtiu, Oscar, male Morgan), a relatively minor character with a small fanbase - if any. With the current trends of new units, Reina's only hope being added to the game is being chosen as that 'dud' unit. Now, taking into account that we've just had a Fates (Hoshido?) banner, we need to fast forward through now months and months of seasonals and banners that focus on other games (Tellius/Elibe/Archanea) or sub-themes (Fallen Heroes, Laguz)... and we're coming close to potentially even a year from now before we get another Fates banner. From there, we once again, reapply the recent banner trends... and what do you know? We get an alternate Camilla, a semi-popular unit like Ophelia and the dud unit is Benny. Great, no Reina. Again. If it is Reina, by some miracle, then replace the same issue with another lesser character like Benny or Nyx, etc. If you're a fan of relatively lesser popular characters like this, it's better to pack-it-up unless there's changes.

Honestly, I think falsifying this idea of hope that Reina will be added is actually pretty toxic to fans who do want her in the game. Unless Intelligent System responds in kind to the recent backlash, Reina (and Knoll) are not happening. There's a reason we have Hinoka now, not Reina. 

I didn't say Reina will necessarily be added, but her odds of being added are at least as high as most units who ranked below 200, and we get units ranked below 200 all the time. Hell, the previous Fates banner had Siegbert and Shiro as the 5*s, whose CYL1 rankings were 369 and 250, respectively.

I think any playable character on the top 300 has at least a decent chance of being added eventually. Not necessarily anytime soon, but eventually. Sadly, Osian isn't one of those characters on the top 300. I certainly think Reina has better odds of getting in than he does. But I don't see any need to fuss about that. That's just how it goes.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'm a Thracia fan and I wasn't expecting more than 4 new characters to be added in the first Thracia banner: Leif, Nanna, Finn, and some other character. Obviously, I was hoping that fourth character would be Osian. It turned out to be Saias, which is perfectly reasonable in my book.

Saias was not a banner unit. I understand why you're coupling the free units with the summonable units since they're all new units, but the issue of alts and "taking" roster slots from pre-existing characters is only in relation to summonable units. I feel that distinction is important. 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I didn't say Reina will necessarily be added, but her odds of being added are at least as high as most units who ranked below 200, and we get units ranked below 200 all the time. Hell, the previous Fates banner had Siegbert and Shiro as the 5*s, whose CYL1 rankings were 369 and 250, respectively.

The Children of Fates banner was very odd in general, I very much doubt we're going to get a banner like that unless they start reassessing how they release new units. I agree that within the 100-200 range, a character has the possibility to be chosen as the "dud" unit (for example, L'Arachel) and whilst Reina falls within that category, the character selection has such a huge variation that it's almost impossible to predict. In Hoshido alone, Reina's competing with quite a few other "dud" units (Orochi, Rinkah, Hayato) and if I had to guess... I really don't see them choosing Reina over Rinkah, at the very least. 

I think it's fair that Reina and Knoll fans feel cheated. I'm not really a fan of either (although I don't dislike either and the recent attention ironically made me like them more), but I feel a Hinoka alt is pretty unnecessary (not nearly as much as Reinhardt/Olwen, however). She's most definitely more marketable than Reina, but it's not like Hinoka is a "seller" either...

Looks like I'm leaving this banner with nothing just like the last one... I'm seriously on my last nerve here and am getting disinterested in summoning all together. I don't get anything good out of it anymore, there's no point in continuing. At least I save my money.

There are no free orbs left that I can get. Except for TT, but that's not many at this point.

13 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Saias was not a banner unit. I understand why you're coupling the free units with the summonable units since they're all new units, but the issue of alts and "taking" roster slots from pre-existing characters is only in relation to summonable units. I feel that distinction is important. 

The Children of Fates banner was very odd in general, I very much doubt we're going to get a banner like that unless they start reassessing how they release new units. I agree that within the 100-200 range, a character has the possibility to be chosen as the "dud" unit (for example, L'Arachel) and whilst Reina falls within that category, the character selection has such a huge variation that it's almost impossible to predict. In Hoshido alone, Reina's competing with quite a few other "dud" units (Orochi, Rinkah, Hayato) and if I had to guess... I really don't see them choosing Reina over Rinkah, at the very least. 

I think it's fair that Reina and Knoll fans feel cheated. I'm not really a fan of either (although I don't dislike either and the recent attention ironically made me like them more), but I feel a Hinoka alt is pretty unnecessary (not nearly as much as Reinhardt/Olwen, however). She's most definitely more marketable than Reina, but it's not like Hinoka is a "seller" either...

I don't think summonable vs free is a particularly relevant distinction. I expected three new units on the banner and one new free unit. It turned out to be two new units on the banner and two new free units, which is about the same. Only real loss is Finn not getting a personal weapon, which I agree is unfortunate, but there was no reason to expect more than four new units total.

There will be plenty more Fates banners. The previous one was just four months ago, after all. And this one had two units from outside the top 100: Shigure and Male Kana.

Right now, non-OCs not yet available in Heroes who made the top 100 of CYL2 are:

1. Selkie (21)
  2. Owain (26)
  3. Kliff (33)
  4. Keaton (34)
  5. Aversa (41)
  6. Ishtar (43)
  7. Panne (44)
  8. Kaden (46)
  9. Maribelle (51)
  10. Sumia (53)
  11. Velouria (54)
  12. FE10 Tibarn (58)
  13. Ophelia (61)
  14. FE10 Haar (64)
  15. Lewyn (65)
  16. FE9 Ranulf (69)
  17. Louise (72)
  18. Severa (73)
  19. Rinea (76)
  20. Nils (81)
  21. Rinkah (83)
  22. Flora (85)
  23. FE9 Lethe (86)
  24. FE10 Ranulf (87)
  25. Canas (89)
  26. Lilith (91)
  27. Cormag (100)

Counting Ranulf just once, that's 26 characters. If they add an average of two Top 100 units each month, they'll run out in about a year. Of course, in a year, we'll have a new CYL, probably with a lot of still-missing units going up in the ranks. And Reina could very well be one of them!

Over the course of the first four months of 2018, they've added 18 new characters. Of those, 8 were on the top 100 of CYL2 (Micaiah, Myrrh, Marisa, Female Morgan, Male Morgan, Leif, Female Kana, and Kaze), while the other 10 (Sothe, Oliver, L'Arachel, Lyon, Hardin, Gerome, Nanna, Finn, Saias, and Male Kana) were not. So two Top 100 units per month seems accurate enough, but we're also getting at least as many units from later in the rankings.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't get anything good out of it anymore, there's no point in continuing. At least I save my money.

I think saving money and consistently getting good units are mutually exclusive. Having real fun in gachas is not cheap!

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think saving money and consistently getting good units are mutually exclusive. Having real fun in gachas is not cheap!

I suppose, yeah.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Looks like I'm leaving this banner with nothing just like the last one... I'm seriously on my last nerve here and am getting disinterested in summoning all together. I don't get anything good out of it anymore, there's no point in continuing. At least I save my money.

There are no free orbs left that I can get. Except for TT, but that's not many at this point.

How many orbs did you use trying to get what you want from this banner? I've been routinely taking 150-200+ orbs per focus unit for the last few months. And my new Hinoka was even 250 with a terrible -atk bane to boot. So I'm certainly feeling a bit battered too.

But from what I've seen, your luck in getting 5*s has sounded pretty good on average, so maybe you're just expecting too much from the gacha. It's easy to start feeling entitled to good pulls after a good streak and you get blown back when a bad run happens.

5 hours ago, Midnox said:

Saving my orbs for next big banner. If any of these guys is worth it, I'll wait for hero fest, or legendary banner 

If it matters at all, all three look pretty impressive. Shigure is probably the worst and he's still got potentially Tana level offense with an actually halfway decent def stat. Give him fury, a def boon, and a +Def slaying lance and he'd have 37 def and 40 HP.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Give it some time. Things seem to go I phases. I had one point where I'd gotten a grand total of 3 new character, one 5*, in the last 100 pulls I'd done. Recently, on the other hand, I've been doing pretty well. But yeah, don't get too discouraged. Your luck will probably turn around eventually.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I used to come consistently get good units, but now all I get is squat. Maybe there's some kind of hidden beginners luck algorithm. Or maybe it's just the rng gods playing a joke on me.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

@Anacybele The trick is to just develop a great deal of patience and narrowing down what it is you actually want. I, for one, hoard all of my orbs and only summon on the Legendary Banners because of the higher 5* rates, and the limited availability characters (even though I don't particularly care for most seasonals). Every character will come back at some point or another, and I simply have to remind myself that it's only a matter of time before the newest ones appear here. I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking I'll get everything I truly want (I'll probably never summon Gunnthra), but I know when to restrain myself into throwing orbs at something I only halfheartedly want.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

If it matters at all, all three look pretty impressive. Shigure is probably the worst and he's still got potentially Tana level offense with an actually halfway decent def stat. Give him fury, a def boon, and a +Def slaying lance and he'd have 37 def and 40 HP.

I may attempt to get any of those when they show up in a fest or legendary banner, plus I'm saving for Myrrh and MGrima

46 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I used to come consistently get good units, but now all I get is squat. Maybe there's some kind of hidden beginners luck algorithm. Or maybe it's just the rng gods playing a joke on me.

I am pretty sure it is random. A lot of 5* units I got lately are [+Atk/Spd, -HP/DEF/Res], so that is pretty sweet. I remember summoning around 20 BB!Cordelias until I finally got a +Atk one last year.

47 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'll probably never summon Gunnthra

You just need to sell your soul more Orbs soaked in blood and sweat to obtain Anna's blessings.