Wings of Fate Summoning Event (April 24 ~ May 9): Shigure, Kana (F), Hinoka (WITH DATAMINE 4/24/18)

Coolmanio

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

You just need to sell your soul more Orbs soaked in blood and sweat to obtain Anna's blessings.

Thing is, I'm totally accepting about never managing to summon her or any other unit I don't have. However, I still got beef with how she got cheesed in story after they hyped up our "meeting" over months of dialogue.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People going around saying so-and-so got cheated out of a place on the banner speak as if any specific character (that isn't an unimplemented main character) ever deserves a spot on a banner.

The only characters so far that have "deserved" their spot on their release banner have been Sigurd, Leaf, Ike, Micaiah, and Sothe.

Knoll has no rightful claim to Gleipnir in the same way that Duessel has no rightful claim to Garm. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if an alt Lyon with Gleipnir and a Vigarde with Garm were added first, even if I don't expect that to ever happen.

Reina has no rightful claim to being the first bow flier in the game.

You can't be cheated out of a spot that wasn't yours to begin with.

If anything, Lucina was cheated out of a spot in the Branded King banner.

I hate muscle memory. I can't type "Reina" without it turning into "Reinhardt" unless I actually think about my typing.

43 minutes ago, Johann said:

Thing is, I'm totally accepting about never managing to summon her or any other unit I don't have. However, I still got beef with how she got cheesed in story after they hyped up our "meeting" over months of dialogue.

We can demand them bring Gunnthrá back to life and compensate us with a free copy for breaking our hearts. It is sacrilege to kill precious waifus.

Surtr will pay with his life ass. The way he groped Gunnthrá and molested Veronica and Xander will not go unpunished. Surtr will never again experience the sweet kiss of death, and he will be eternally bound to the pain and humiliation from Reinhardt's Master Sword and Thunder Fists.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can't be cheated out of a spot that wasn't yours to begin with.

Who the hell is Leif? Reinhardt is being cheated out of being the protagonist of Thracia 776 remake!

Edited by XRay

I picked up Gunnthra randomly during my lucky period. Now she's one of my MVPs.

Honestly, I wish they'd just throw a bunch of characters into the lower, non 5* brackets. That way summoning could actually feel like you're gaining something, instead of seeing the same ten or twenty faces again and again and again. Reina isn't a big character, she doesn't need the fanfare of a banner. Just make her available in the next update and hooray, we have another bow flier to fill out the weapon types.

Edited by Jotari

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

We can demand them bring Gunnthrá back to life and compensate us with a free copy for breaking our hearts. It is sacrilege to kill precious waifus.

Surtr will pay with his life ass. The way he groped Gunnthrá and molested Veronica and Xander will not go unpunished. Surtr will never again experience the sweet kiss of death, and he will be eternally bound to the pain and humiliation from Reinhardt's Master Sword and Thunder Fists.

Part of me still suspects some kind of Awakenings-style Paralogue will happen eventually, where they come up with a story excuse to bring Gunnthra back for a free recruit. Killing her off was a pretty weak narrative choice, and I suspect the only reason they did it was to make us hate Surtr, who most people were probably indifferent to before. 

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

Part of me still suspects some kind of Awakenings-style Paralogue will happen eventually, where they come up with a story excuse to bring Gunnthra back for a free recruit. Killing her off was a pretty weak narrative choice, and I suspect the only reason they did it was to make us hate Surtr, who most people were probably indifferent to before. 

I'm half-expecting them to pull another Bramimond and Ninian situation out their ass with Nifl.

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Part of me still suspects some kind of Awakenings-style Paralogue will happen eventually, where they come up with a story excuse to bring Gunnthra back for a free recruit.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm half-expecting them to pull another Bramimond and Ninian situation out their ass with Nifl.

I sincerely hope so. I already got a Gunnthrá a while back, but she got a bad nature, so I certainly would not mind getting a neutral nature one!

10 minutes ago, Johann said:

Killing her off was a pretty weak narrative choice, and I suspect the only reason they did it was to make us hate Surtr, who most people were probably indifferent to before.

It did not feel weak to me though. It was shocking and bit painful! Surtr deserves every bit of hate. Not only was he annoyingly prideful and cocky, he beats women too!

Just now, XRay said:

I sincerely hope so. I already got a Gunnthrá a while back, but she got a bad nature, so I certainly would not mind getting a neutral nature one!

It did not feel weak to me though. It was shocking and bit painful! Surtr deserves every bit of hate. Not only was he annoyingly prideful and cocky, he beats women too!

I don't mean weak as in unable to elicit emotion, but weak as in uncreative and it falls into the cliche of "kill female character simply to elicit emotion in the audience/certain characters". Gunnthra's death kind of defines her more than anything else, as far as the plot goes.

People are still using CYL as an estimate to argue for character X's eventual inclusion ... I thought we would know better by now. You guys really should stop expecting IS to include the more obscure characters from Fire Emblem any time soon if at all. This also extends to obvious clones (RIP Lance, Dieck and God Rutger).

Especially after the introduction of Alts in the regular Summoning Pool no one should expect it anymore. Perceived niches like first Bow flier or Gleiphnir user weren't exclusive to Reina and Knoll respectively in the first place and are perfect fits for Alts, be it regular or Legendary.
For Reina specifically her chance to be in the game is basically over (or at least for a couple of years) because if we get another Fates banner it's probably going to be based around Nohr. Remember that Fates still dominates the character roster both regular and seasonal wise while other games still have more popular and important characters that aren't in Heroes (Tellius being the big one). That alone makes at least another Hoshido-themed banner unlikely.

So basically if you really want to have a character in Heroes you have to meme him/her into the game.

Btw. anyone else expecting that we are going to get a Nohr banner next? Based on the inclusion of Shigure and the last story chapter it would make sense if the next story segment has Nohrian Heroes. I could easily see a banner consisting of an Alt, Charlotte and Silas with Flora as potential GHB. I

Edited by Zeratul

4 hours ago, Alkaid said:

How many orbs did you use trying to get what you want from this banner? I've been routinely taking 150-200+ orbs per focus unit for the last few months. And my new Hinoka was even 250 with a terrible -atk bane to boot. So I'm certainly feeling a bit battered too.

But from what I've seen, your luck in getting 5*s has sounded pretty good on average, so maybe you're just expecting too much from the gacha. It's easy to start feeling entitled to good pulls after a good streak and you get blown back when a bad run happens.

Probably close to 80 or so now.

It used to be pretty good on average. That was basically a couple months ago now at this point. I know luck can be bad sometimes, like I had bad luck trying to get a better Ryoma when he was on the one legend banner... I pulled him, but he was -Spd just like my first one. >_> But luck like I've been having now is just frustrating...

I tried several more times for Hinoka today and still didn't get her...even with some free orbs I actually managed to get after all. :(

3 hours ago, Johann said:

@Anacybele The trick is to just develop a great deal of patience and narrowing down what it is you actually want. I, for one, hoard all of my orbs and only summon on the Legendary Banners because of the higher 5* rates, and the limited availability characters (even though I don't particularly care for most seasonals). Every character will come back at some point or another, and I simply have to remind myself that it's only a matter of time before the newest ones appear here. I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking I'll get everything I truly want (I'll probably never summon Gunnthra), but I know when to restrain myself into throwing orbs at something I only halfheartedly want.

Yeah, I guess so...

43 minutes ago, Johann said:

Killing her off was a pretty weak narrative choice, and I suspect the only reason they did it was to make us hate Surtr, who most people were probably indifferent to before. 

Well, Surtr really did nothing remarkable as a villain so him killing Gunnthrá, wounding Xander and nearly killing Veronica was just there to reaffirm his status as the big bad as well as making the audience discard any crazy ideas of him being redeemed or having any “good” traits at all. 

As for Reina, nothing’s really stopping her from being a GHB reward, an Orb Pack bonus or a TT reward in the future. FEH loves to hand out welfares like candy. The Hinoka variant was just the first one to make it into FEH.

Edited by Lord-Zero

5 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

I could easily see a banner consisting of an Alt,

Magical Girl Ore Xander. Floating flying staff user to complete Xander Emblem with one Xander of every color (unfortunately not one Xander of every movement type, though).

9 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Btw. anyone else expecting that we are going to get a Nohr banner next? Based on the inclusion of Shigure and the last story chapter it would make sense if the next story segment has Nohrian Heroes. I could easily see a banner consisting of an Alt, Charlotte and Silas with Flora as potential GHB. I

Yeah. It’s most likely a Nohr banner. Charlotte, Iago, Hans, Flora, Arete, Garon (though I think he’ll probably be the next Legendary Hero), Zola, Izana, Silas, Camilla alt, Elise alt, Odin alt. It could be a banner with any of those characters. 

If we do get a Nohr banner, I do hope Silas is in it! he'd kinda mirror Kaze too, being another character with a close connection to Corrin just as Kaze has (he becomes his/her retainer and was present when Corrin was kidnapped).

6 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Charlotte would be cool, she will finally have join the game in her regular form. I do not think we have any female axe infantry besides Anna and PA!Azura, so having another one would definitely be cool.

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

an Orb Pack bonus 

They should allow us buy each pack 11 times so we can +10 some units.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Magical Girl Ore Xander. Floating flying staff user to complete Xander Emblem with one Xander of every color (unfortunately not one Xander of every movement type, though).

Maybe the next, next Xander will be an armored dagger unit that comes with Firesweep Dagger with Luna built in.

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

Elise alt

I want ninja Elise!

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Charlotte would be cool, she will finally have join the game in her regular form. I do not think we have any female axe infantry besides Anna and PA!Azura, so having another one would definitely be cool.

Well, it makes sense, there are non many options anyway (Outside of Charlie, the only other options I think are Rinkah, Echidna and Mackyua).

21 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

People are still using CYL as an estimate to argue for character X's eventual inclusion ... I thought we would know better by now. You guys really should stop expecting IS to include the more obscure characters from Fire Emblem any time soon if at all. This also extends to obvious clones (RIP Lance, Dieck and God Rutger).

Especially after the introduction of Alts in the regular Summoning Pool no one should expect it anymore. Perceived niches like first Bow flier or Gleiphnir user weren't exclusive to Reina and Knoll respectively in the first place and are perfect fits for Alts, be it regular or Legendary.
For Reina specifically her chance to be in the game is basically over (or at least for a couple of years) because if we get another Fates banner it's probably going to be based around Nohr. Remember that Fates still dominates the character roster both regular and seasonal wise while other games still have more popular and important characters that aren't in Heroes (Tellius being the big one). That alone makes at least another Hoshido-themed banner unlikely.

So basically if you really want to have a character in Heroes you have to meme him/her into the game.

I think we all know their method of business by now.  Release the 10 most popular characters in the series in various costumes over and over and over again.  Doesn't people have to be happy about it.

Please stop talking about a Nohr banner next. Please. If we get normal Charlotte and/or a Camilla alt or something from it I'm gonna die. My orbs can't handle all this stuff going on at the same time. Have mercy. And I had hoped to start stashing for brides/summer too, but Hinoka's already smashed that idea.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It used to be pretty good on average. That was basically a couple months ago now at this point. I know luck can be bad sometimes, like I had bad luck trying to get a better Ryoma when he was on the one legend banner... I pulled him, but he was -Spd just like my first one. >_> But luck like I've been having now is just frustrating...

I tried several more times for Hinoka today and still didn't get her...even with some free orbs I actually managed to get after all. :(

Only 80? That's not many at all, honestly. And think you said you've gotten 2 Kanas now too, so that's actually really good overall. You may not have who you wanted yet, but that seems pretty above average so don't feel too bad. I'd kill to not be spending 150+ orbs per focus unit, and usually with bad IVs lately too.

22 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Hold on a second. You say CYL doesn't matter, and then in the next breath you say the more obscure characters don't matter. CYL is exactly what shows Reina isn't one of the more obscure characters. Are you arguing for popularity mattering, or not?

"If we get another Fates banner" is quite a strange way to look at it, when we just got two Fates banners in just over four months. There will be plenty more Fates banners coming over however many more years Heroes lasts. Not necessarily anytime soon, but eventually.

We've been getting like 4 new characters per month. If Heroes keeps that up for another four years, that's about 200 more new characters. If Reina retains her popularity, it would be very strange for her to not be one of those 200. (She's currently 197 on CYL2, which makes her something like the 80th highest-ranked character not yet in Heroes.)

34 minutes ago, XRay said:

They should allow us buy each pack 11 times so we can +10 some units.

Me too. I mean, shit, I would've bought 9 BKs so I could, and I never buy orbs. Or hell, let me buy Camus so I don't have to wait 7 years to +10 him and have a unit who's so painfully behind he's where Odin is now.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Well, at  least full Camilla emblem is assured. (I have enough orbs to have a fair chance)

I mean I get it that Reina has little chance to appear. But still, if they don't implement Rinkah (Place 83) in the future I would feel pretty bummed and I don't know if the next CYL is worth anything for trying to hint some wishes. Top 100 should have a fair chance if not already implemented. Much worse would be if Aversa does not appear, if place 41 is not a number to look it I really don't know anymore. 

I just realized that Wrys is one Place behind Hinoka in CYL2. Pretty shocking...

I know that I shouldn't focus too much on the gauntlet. And it may not represent the true popularity. But still, why bother with it in the future if it should have no influence beside some of the top units.

Honestly I don't wish for the next banner to be a Nohr banner, because I don't accept this one as a Hoshidian banner with the 2 Kana fillers who have stolen 2 spots. And they have been pretty predictable. It's like the bad booking with Roman Reigns in WWE and such was my reaction on this banner. 

24 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Only 80? That's not many at all, honestly. And think you said you've gotten 2 Kanas now too, so that's actually really good overall. You may not have who you wanted yet, but that seems pretty above average so don't feel too bad. I'd kill to not be spending 150+ orbs per focus unit, and usually with bad IVs lately too.

What? Dude, 80 is a lot. At least to me. And that's terrible luck there, because I didn't want her and having to pull green pretty much always meant I had no colorless in that session.

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I guess so...

150 is about the average orbs for pulling sniping a specific focus unit from a 3-character banner. Although color is also a factor: blue and colorless are both close to that average, while green needs fewer orbs and red needs more. For a 4-character banner, it's more like 200, while for a legendary banner, it's more like 225.

Of course, whatever the average is, it can easily be a lot less or a lot more. But it's useful to keep in mind what to expect when going in.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

150 is about the average orbs for pulling sniping a specific focus unit from a 3-character banner. Although color is also a factor: blue and colorless are both close to that average, while green needs fewer orbs and red needs more. For a 4-character banner, it's more like 200, while for a legendary banner, it's more like 225.

Of course, whatever the average is, it can easily be a lot less or a lot more. But it's useful to keep in mind what to expect when going in.

I've only had to use more than 150 orbs to get a focus unit like...twice. :/

Just now, Anacybele said:

I've only had to use more than 150 orbs to get a focus unit like...twice. :/

That's quite lucky, then.