Wings of Fate Summoning Event (April 24 ~ May 9): Shigure, Kana (F), Hinoka (WITH DATAMINE 4/24/18)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Actually while they are named Kinshi in Fates I’m pretty sure that the inspiration of the bird comes from the mythological Basan. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basan

Even better. They are a thing that is a thing in Japanese mythology either way. Thank you for clarification.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's lots of little things about this banner that get to me.

From not being interested in the kids as characters to seeing Kaze being some unknown reward (TT mini?) to Hinoka. F!Kana is not one I'm that interested in barring skillset, Shigure has a Wo Dao lance and of all things Darting Stance (Which is a bit weird yeah). As for Hinoka (Calling Kinoka from now on). 1. More alts. Shit. As someone said, Reina is a thing. 2. Her skillset's ridiculous, she's a flier dot (like if Hinoka has FF), she has A/S bond (I do love that skill on LALyn) and she has an armourbreaking bow. 3. Annoyingly I kind of want her. I feel like I screw the game over every time I go for an alt but dammit they know what they're doing.

I think I'll still wait to see the legendary banner and decide after that.

Edited by Dayni

20 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Archers on chickens that are vulnerable to arrows is something I'd expect them to come up with while smoking weed. The rest is filled in by whatever they can find to not question this decision. Why not make bulky armor units that can use magic. Oh wait... Genealogy did it already

Tone it down, yo.  Fire Emblem is a series where kids turn into dragons, horses can charge through a castle, and pegasi are sexist.

Honestly, the worst thing about a flying archer is "how the heck do you aim that thing while your mount is moving in three different directions".

Hey, Pegasi are no longer sexist. Progression!

Also, first male flier to be added to he summoning pool since the start of the game. This includes seasonals. 

I would say I was imagining things, but still one range melee of a type that we already have in the pool, so that checks out. Why give us two range male fliers or a male flier refresher...

That minor annoyance aside, I'll still pull for him. No interest in Kana and I don't really like Hinoka's art. Also wish it wasn't back to three person banners - and I agree Reina could have been good to have on the banner. It's not like people aren't going to pull for the first bow flier...

Also interested in Kaze, especially to see how he'll be introduced. Of course, they can add him to a random banner but they did tell us they were going to do that last time, especially after the Ayra backlash...

29 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Tone it down, yo.  Fire Emblem is a series where kids turn into dragons, horses can charge through a castle, and pegasi are sexist.

Honestly, the worst thing about a flying archer is "how the heck do you aim that thing while your mount is moving in three different directions".

That was the Kaga stone age where high fantasy was starting to hit waves in Japan. Though the things you mentioned are relics that have carried over. There was the Judgral renaissance, but Kaga left because Playstation had better hardware than N64 according to him. But horses, I wish dismounting came back. Horses need something to balance them in mainstream FE games. Otherwise it's "horses are the best units" and "cavalry is the best promotion choice".

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

But I want Party Hat Lissa alt!

Somewhat Ideally speaking: Tap Dungeon Reward

Somewhat problematic: Upcoming Gauntlet Banner

Me too, I just don't want her to come under fire for getting another alt, she's too precious for that

It might be another Ayra situation...I hope not.

Kinda hoping we'll get him through a time based challenge, because, well...he's fast, sooo...mind you, I don't think people will take kindly to that.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Berwick is that way →

Berwick used to be two suburbs away from where I lived as a kid. And it was that direction on a map.

Edited by Humanoid

They are all terrible, low quality characters except Hinoka, who is average. Bad banner with two alts, including another version of a character who couldn't even make it on the top 150 of both "Choose Your Legends" polls when there are many characters who are more popular, better and are not in the game/do not have a regular version.

When's Charlotte?

(Also Ophelia, Renault and Isadora)

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I analyzed the stats which I could

A bad idea to look into the trailer stats too much. They can be and often are underlevelled.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

A bad idea to look into the trailer stats too much. They can be and often are underlevelled.

Recently they've been accurate. Ever since L'Ephraim

I like Shigure somewhat but I'm probably going to save my orbs for now. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get demoted to 4* as soon as the banner ends anyway.

I do wonder how they'll add Kaze. Another Tempest Trial right after the one that's active now sounds a bit tiring but it would also be a bit weird to have another TT later on and have him as a reward there.

2 hours ago, Lau said:

Me too, I just don't want her to come under fire for getting another alt, she's too precious for that

Kinda hoping we'll get him through a time based challenge, because, well...he's fast, sooo...mind you, I don't think people will take kindly to that.

Any particular reason why you want to get him through a time based challenge besides speed being a ninja thing?

3 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

The name of the banner can easily be changed to be whatever IS wants it to be. Three out of four characters of the batch are kids (even the Fates kids batch knew what it was doing). Would've been considered more logical to have Lucina (not that I care about her even at all), but they ended up deciding to make a Chrom alt. Though I guess they just wanted him to be the Robin killer or something

And yet they chose to have Chrom on the banner and name the banner "The Branded King". Those two choices speak volumes of their intent.

If it were intended to be a children of Awakening banner, they would have added someone other than Chrom in that slot and named it accordingly, but they didn't. The argument that the banner "was meant to be" a children of Awakening banner holds no water.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

What kind of animal is Hinokas mount? Looks like a turkey or peafowl. 

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:
2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Actually while they are named Kinshi in Fates I’m pretty sure that the inspiration of the bird comes from the mythological Basan. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basan

金鵄 (kinshi) literally means "golden kite" ("kite" as in the bird of prey) and references the one in the story of Emperor Jinmu, the first emperor of Japan.

As for the actual design, it's pretty clearly based on the Chinese phoenix, seeing as it has the crest of a pheasant and the tail of a peacock, as is standard in modern depictions of the creature.

1 hour ago, Lau said:

I'm pretty sure they learned their lesson. Rhajat was featured on the same trailer as Children of Fate despite her release being on a different banner. I'm expecting a similar situation as Clive, where he was released as a Tempest Trials reward several weeks after his implementation.

And here we have a prime example of a useless alt who can be replaced. Geez IS, its going to be 2090 before you get every character in the game.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And yet they chose to have Chrom on the banner and name the banner "The Branded King". Those two choices speak volumes of their intent.

If it were intended to be a children of Awakening banner, they would have added someone other than Chrom in that slot and named it accordingly, but they didn't. The argument that the banner "was meant to be" a children of Awakening banner holds no water.

So if a batch of characters featuring 3 Shadow Dragon characters and Chrom as well as the banner being called "branded king", does that mean the theme isn't Shadow Dragon and Chrom doesn't stick out like a sore thumb?

Wow the level of salt in here is truly staggering. I am not a fan of the current "at-least-one-alt-per-banner" approach (I am not counting Shigure as one btw), but this has sadly become the reality for now. Maybe with enough feedback Intsys will dial it down again, but trash talking the characters in the mean time leads nowhere. It's actually rather rude to the fans of the character involved. At this point people are hoping their fave does not get an alt, just so they don't have to deal with the drama being flung their way.

I am more sick of the hate than I am of alts at this point.

Edited by Nanima

7 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Wow the level of salt in here is truly staggering.

You should've seen the Nintendo Direct. FE Kirby memes were running rampant after that

4 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Wow the level of salt in here is truly staggering. I am not a fan of the current "at-least-one-alt-per-banner" approach (I am not counting Shigure as one btw), but this has sadly become the reality for now. Maybe with enough feedback Intsys will dial it down again, but trash talking the characters in the mean time leads nowhere. It's actually rather rude to the fans of the character involved. At this point people are hoping their fave does not get an alt, just so they don't have to deal with the drama being flung their way.

I am more sick of the hate than I am of alts at this point.

Eh every banner is going to have salt (especially with alts) so best not to take it too into heart.

I'll just take what I can get. Sure no Reina is disappointing but Hinoka finally gets some love so I'm just celebrating that :) She always seem to be not as popular as the other royals.

Shigure finally gets a proper version of him. Male flier with Wo Dao Lance with rare skills is nice. I do prefer PA!Shigure's outfit and art though.

We also get a free blue dragon (a good colour to resist Falchions depending on Kana's stats) and hopefully Kaze is free. At least Saizo is finally not alone, and the three ninjas are now together! Ninja Triangle Attack when

And Hoshido fans at least have something to look forward to since they don't get as much love as Nohr characters

16 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

So if a batch of characters featuring 3 Shadow Dragon characters and Chrom as well as the banner being called "branded king", does that mean the theme isn't Shadow Dragon and Chrom doesn't stick out like a sore thumb?

But that wasn't banner of Chrom and 3 Shadow Dragon characters. It was Chrom, his best friend's kids, and the guy that gave his daughter the idea of wearing a mask. Chrom literally was the centerpiece of the banner and the character that they all had a relationship to (and exactly one step removed for each one, too).

With all obviousness, a banner featuring 3 Shadow Dragon characters and Chrom wouldn't be named "The Branded King" in the first place. You're trying to invoke a slippery slope where one doesn't and couldn't exist.

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Eh every banner is going to have salt (especially with alts) so best not to take it too into heart.

It gets extremely annoying when half of every page is the exact same flavor of salt as the threads for the last four banners. I'm convinced I'm going to develop hypertension by the time the banner is actually released.

And some of the posts actually are rude.

Edited by Ice Dragon

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But that wasn't banner of Chrom and 3 Shadow Dragon characters. It was Chrom, his best friend's kids, and the guy that gave his daughter the idea of wearing a mask. Chrom literally was the centerpiece of the banner and the character that they all had a relationship to (and exactly one step removed for each one, too).

With all obviousness, a banner featuring 3 Shadow Dragon characters and Chrom wouldn't be named "The Branded King" in the first place. You're trying to invoke a slippery slope where one doesn't and couldn't exist.

My apologies. I didn't know the connection regarding the mask. I'll stop the Awakening kids banner proclamations. However, I still can't personally condone Chrom being in that banner. I went too far ahead of myself and tried to find fault in your logic just to prove my point when all I could do is make weak arguments. But, let's just leave it at that

Edited by silveraura25

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It gets extremely annoying when half of every page is the exact same flavor of salt as the threads for the last four banners. I'm convinced I'm going to develop hypertension by the time the banner is actually released.

And some of the posts actually are rude.

I see this sadly a lot in the FE fandom as a whole, not just Heroes.

Moving on, i just had a random thought. This new set of characters had a proper character after his alt version (Shigure) and the missing sibling of a current character (Kaze).

I wonder if whenever we get the more Conquest-focused banner we will get the other proper character after an alt (Charlotte) and the other missing sibling of a current character (Flora). Or maybe if Flora would be a GHB (she is fought in all three routes), then maybe the free unit could be the other character that joins you regardless of your path (Silas, also a parrallel to Kaze) but that's just me hoping.

Hopefully not so soon after this banner though, for variety reasons (and less complaints)

If I ever get Alt Hinoka I am so pairing with her regular Hinoka for that sweet Hone Fliers + Hinoka's Spear boosting each other

One complaint I do have about alts is that I can't tell them apart in the arena selection screen since they don't carry their weapons there. Just doing my single-character AA run for the quests and I can't tell whether this Reinhardt being offered is might or magic. This is obviously only applicable to alts with the same movement type as the original.

(After YOLOing it, it appears the new one has a white horse instead of a brown one)