Grand Hero Battle - Kana (M): Dragon Spawn (May 3rd, 2018 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I wonder why they put one Kana as a GHB but gave us both Morgans in a summoning banner.

It's a similar situation with the original Robins: male Robin is a regular summoning unit; female Robin is a GHB unit.

I wonder what skills he'll have as well. I feel like GHB units, at least more recent ones, often have at least one spicy skill, like defense/speed ploy. The most obvious thing Kana could provide would be a still rare dragon buff. 

I'd be happy with more units that know Reposition though. 

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

If Kaze is the reward for the May TT then surely it suggests the next banner from the 10th of May is Fates as well. Can't imagine that would go down well.

Cue Nohrian banner with Camilla#4.

3 hours ago, Thane said:

His title is Dragon Spawn? Hah! 

Odd choice for a GHB though. I sort of feel bad we have to beat up a kid. 

But dragons!

I think Kana being a Grand Hero Battle is pretty fitting, it could go down with Kana transforming into his Dragon form the first time, losing control and becoming hostile just like us in Fates... or they could slap some generic Kana quote and call it a day.

I'd like to see Iago or Ganon someday, but I guess Kana will do for now. Let's see if he has any good skills to fodder off since I'm not particularly interested in my own son. (yikes)

Hopefully he's usable. I detest using Nowi and he'd be a great replacement for her. Can't wait to tackle this map. It's on a very busy day however, in an even more busy week.

27 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Hopefully he's usable. I detest using Nowi and he'd be a great replacement for her. Can't wait to tackle this map. It's on a very busy day however, in an even more busy week.

Why? Loli? Overrated? Most builds are sameish? Though I'd probably never use Nowi. I'm not that fond of her artwork (I prefer the Awakening one)

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Why? Loli? Overrated? Most builds are sameish? Though I'd probably never use Nowi. I'm not that fond of her artwork (I prefer the Awakening one)

She's annoying, her appearance is cringeworthy and wholly inappropriate in nature and her dragon form is ugly. I use her strictly because she's incredibly powerful and I promoted her because she was a TT bonus unit at the time. Even then she mostly collects dust and I lament whenever I'm forced to run her. Unfortunately I don't care about F!Corrin and while I'd rather raise her, I don't care about her enough to sacrifice efficiency. Even if it means I'm stuck with Nowi.

If Kaze is the reward of the next TT+, that's could be good or bad. Good to have a free unit, and Kaze is one of my favorite units from Fates, but bad because he can have a normal dagger instead of having a unique one. From the TT Rewards, only Black Knight had a weapon which cannot be inherited. Masked Marth had one as well, but... you now... Masked Marth is clone of someone else. I am afraid of Kaze having Smoke Dagger too.

For M!Kana, I believe he will have Water Breath or Dark Breath (like his mother)

Also, I believe Water Breath+ can be refined. Normally, refined breaths add the "target the lower stat in ranged units" effect, but Water Breath already has it. Or the weapon will not be able to refine or the refinement only will give it bonus stats (+Atk, +Spd, +Def or +Res).

Now with Shigure. He is the unit I can see being demoted to 4 stars, but what skill will be available as 4 stars: Darting Stance (exclusive to Spring Sharena)* or Ward Fliers (exclusive to Minerva and New Year Camilla)? I believe will be the C-Skill avaiable as a 4 stars skill, and the A-Skill will be exclusive to 5 stars.

* Edit: Sharena only has Darting Stance 1, being a required skill for her Swift Stance skill.

Edited by Diovani Bressan
Corretion.

19 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Also, I believe Water Breath+ can be refined. Normally, refined breaths add the "target the lower stat in ranged units" effect, but Water Breath already has it. Or the weapon will not be able to refine or the refinement only will give it bonus stats (+Atk, +Spd, +Def or +Res).

Now with Shigure. He is the unit I can see being demoted to 4 stars, but what skill will be available as 4 stars: Darting Stance (exclusive to Spring Sharena) or Ward Fliers (exclusive to Minerva and New Year Camilla)? I believe will be the C-Skill avaiable as a 4 stars skill, and the A-Skill will be exclusive to 5 stars.

It'll probably be dark breath since IS could't bear to give us a possibly new meta weapon. Who knows.
Sharena has swift stance (spd/res) though a weaker version of darting stance is within her base kit. Stance skills will highly likely end up being 5* locked since that's how IS is preferring to handle stance skill distribution

Edited by silveraura25

Just now, silveraura25 said:

Sharena has swift stance (spd/res) though a weaker version of darting stance is within her base kit. Stance skills will highly likely end up being 5* locked since that's how IS is preferring to handle stance skill distribution

Oh, you're right. I searched for Darting Stance on the FEH Wiki, and Sharena appeared and I didn't notice she only has Darting Stance 1.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

From the TT Rewards, only Black Knight had a weapon which cannot be inherited. Masked Marth had one as well, but... you now... Masked Marth is clone of someone else. I am afraid of Kaze having Smoke Dagger too.

Don't forget Joshua.

I think it's highly unlikely for Kaze to have an old dagger, since all the inheritable non-seasonal daggers are from 1.0 and therefore are way behind the power level of the refined versions. Like with Water Breath on Kana, I'm guessing we're finally getting some sort of new regular dagger, but who knows what.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Don't forget Joshua.

I think it's highly unlikely for Kaze to have an old dagger, since all the inheritable non-seasonal daggers are from 1.0 and therefore are way behind the power level of the refined versions. Like with Water Breath on Kana, I'm guessing we're finally getting some sort of new regular dagger, but who knows what.

Actually, I forgot about Joshua.

I hope Kaze to have a new dagger. Could be Kaze's Needle or a Shuriken.

In Fates, Kaze's Needle grant +4 Spd to allies in 2 spaces if user started the combat. It could be "Grima's Truth" in dagger form, although it would make it a weaker version of Peshkatz.

22 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Actually, I forgot about Joshua.

I hope Kaze to have a new dagger. Could be Kaze's Needle or a Shuriken.

In Fates, Kaze's Needle grant +4 Spd to allies in 2 spaces if user started the combat. It could be "Grima's Truth" in dagger form, although it would make it a weaker version of Peshkatz.

Some sort of weapon named Kaze's Needle could make a lot of sense, whatever its effect is.

Spoiler

Kana has water breath+, Dragon fang, Brazen Def/Res and Fortify Dragons. Damn, those are some really good skills to fodder.

This is far worse than the Takumi/Saias fodder dilemma. 3 Kanas are hardly enough 

Edited by Korath88

7 minutes ago, Korath88 said:
  Hide contents

Kana has water breath+, Dragon fang, Brazen Def/Res and Fortify Dragons. Damn, those are some really good skills to fodder.

ooooooo yeeaaaaaaaaa. I'm promoting this baby

Well worth a promotion but not too sure he'd actually see a ton of use outside AA for the time being since Fortify is already covered by the everpresent Ninian and Lighting Breath+ is more than I'd want to invest in the short term. It does lock in Sothe and Kana as my next to 5* promotions, poor Xander and Camus keep getting bumped.