Grand Hero Battle - Kana (M): Dragon Spawn (May 3rd, 2018 ~)

Coolmanio

@mcsilas sorry for late response.

So many questions during the first video, all of which were answered quite beautifully. Sending Shiro up alone, having Rhajat tank the entire right side of the map, not attacking with Soleil. It all makes me go “why?” but it works out in end. Shiro being -def still has a scary ignis and I love it.

Not a big fan of KHinoka r̶e̶i̶n̶a̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶?̶ but I can’t deny her usefulness. She and Airzura make this map a cinch. Ironic that M!Marth, a dragon slayer, doesn’t get to slay the dragons. Seeing your Lyon makes me want to build him but I can’t decide between promoting him or Sophia so I just end up procrastinating it.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Ginko said:

After knowing your Shiro and Siegbert, they are good with boon. but may I ask a question, are you always having -DEF curse on your units when they need it?

Shiro won't have a problem because Bright Naginata can fix his -DEF but Siegbert is another story.

However, I'm impress that you clear this map without a dancer. You really take your time about it. That Ignis at the end is brutal. I switch my Shiro to use Ignis sometimes on arena offense, he can nuke everything not green with that massive power.

Actually my most common bane in my main is -Spd (like my original Shiro and this Soleil). So it was just coincidence. The boons make up for it, and Siegbert normally has Desperation as well, and when it's active, the -Def doesn't matter to match.

Ironically my original Shiro might have survived the dragons here better because he was +Res haha. But yes Bright Naginata is great and fixes that bane pretty well. Although I wonder if Shiro getting the Harmonic Lance + Close Def would be an interesting alternative (+6 Def/Res and then +10 damage on specials on both phases). A bit expensive to get though.

And yeah definitely upgrading Kana though since I have no good Nowis and I like him better anyway. 

@NegativeExponents- Yeah I went with Lyon since he was cheaper to build. My 3 star Sophia needs feathers, a 5 star Henry, and a rare Roy so Lyon was easier to use.

And yeah the first turn with the Fates kid was the trickiest. Most of them didn't have the mixed bulk to take an archer and the red dragon without a defense tile, which is why i went to the right side. I'm glad Rhajat survived the red manakete!

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Although I wonder if Shiro getting the Harmonic Lance + Close Def would be an interesting alternative (+6 Def/Res and then +10 damage on specials on both phases). A bit expensive to get though.

Harmonic Lance has 14 MT (Def refine give 4 def) +10 only special trigger. Using Harmonic Lance is not good vs Guard unit while Bright Niginata is better for raw damage.

Simple weapon damage after QR will be like

Harmonic Lance: 14 + [14 +(X+10)] = 38 +X

X is Bonfire /Ignis proc

Bright Naginata: (16+4)+[(16+4) +X] = 40 + X 

X is Bonfire/Ignis proc

So if he face guard unit he will do only 28 dmg with Harmonic and 40 dmg with Bright.

In the end, Bright is better overall.

@Zeo @mcsilas @mampfoid @NegativeExponents- For some reason, YouTube will no longer let me upload videos from my phone. I have no idea why...so I decided to try out Vimeo instead. Video uploaded quicker. And I didn't get any weird errors. >.> So that's a plus. This one's a little late because I was waiting to hear from some YouTube help forum. Never did. But here's my hero team slowly picking off dragons. XD It might be a little painfully slow to watch. Looking forward to trying out the new GHB. Eventually I'll get around to trying the other ones too.

@Rafiel's Aria Great tactic using the red dragon as an obstacle so Kana can't harm Micaiah! That trench tile is actually great for your ranged units as well!

As for the Youtube thing, I think it's because of ContentID? For some reason if you have the unedited FEH music then your video may be compromised or something. I think I read @Infinite Dreams had a similar situation as well?

That's also why I use different music and mute FEH music when I do my videos.

@Ginko Ah thanks for that, I forgot to take into account the actual weapon might! I hadn't taken Guard units into account as well, so good point!

@Rafiel's Aria Eh, I’d say its about regular length for this map. I keep thinking the Red Dragon should be doing more to Micaiah but refined breaths aren’t a thing here. I liked that you kept it alive to keep Kana at bay.

Yeah, uploading to YouTube on mobile is crap. My videos frequently got stuck uploading forever. And not as in, it took a long time, but more of an, it seriously wasn’t uploading at all. I don’t have that issue now that I do it through a laptop but I understand how frustrating it can be.

@Rafiel's Aria Perhaps the most satisfying thing to watch was the red dragon doing virtually no damage to Micaiah. This is why you refine the breaths, right here. It's interesting that you could potentially have issues on youtube due to using the standard music instead of adding music of all things. I've never even tried to use the in-game music which is really something else.

Video length was fine by the way.

On 5/12/2018 at 5:58 AM, mcsilas said:

As for the Youtube thing, I think it's because of ContentID? For some reason if you have the unedited FEH music then your video may be compromised or something. I think I read @Infinite Dreams had a similar situation as well?

I never found out what it was, but the video that was removed had no sound, actually!  I ended up appealing it, and they put the video back up without saying anything.  I guess it just got flagged by mistake?  It was weird, hehe.

• 4 months later...

Alright, Kana's back for a rematch.

Cleared with the Askrtrio + M!Robin, started with Robin tanking the manakete and archer, retreating and getting kills as needed. Sharena probably didn't need Fury but it probably helped, Noatun's refine was clutch as all hell allowing Anna to take out the mage and be right next to Kana, who she would have 1-rounded (Unboosted, as she has Swift Sparrow) but for his Brazen skill.

Armours were too easy when I have Maltor, Garmphraim, Tharmas and FrankenJakob (Who as usual did nothing barring giving Atk/Spd). Hector starts, Tharmas continues and Ephraim finishes Kana to end the map.

The Kana clear took a little bit. Pretty much messed it up, but cleared with M!Kana, Myrrh, M!Tiki and Ninian. I start off by having Kana tank with +6 to all stats, then pull back and allow Tiki to take over. The other Kana was so scared of her he went for Myrrh, while Tiki eventually gets swapped up by M!Kana, but the archers and Manakete are dead because of Tiki. However, the mage and Kana are together, which is bad for me killing Kana with Kana. I pull this off by leaving Tiki in range of the make, which splits them up and allows Kana to beat himself and Tiki takes out the mage.

Edit: M!Kana's 4*, hence the difficulty with damage dealing.

Edited by Dayni

Brave Hector and Brave Ephraim are very powerful for the armor quest. Also I didn't finish the Infernal difficulty before, but it wasn't actually that hard - I just got trouble because of the defensive terrain in my early days. Will try to do the Kana and Anna quest when I have more time.

I did armor quest with Brave Ephraim and Legendary Tiki. Halloween Myrrh was there but didn't do much and the 4° armor was a lv17 Gwendolin. :P:

Now i only need to raise Kana up to lv40 to finish the quests. And do Infernal i guess.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

(sigh) i am struggling on the 2nd Kana map. 
my dumb Falchion hitters can't hit Kana, Tiki gets hurt..(sigh). i want multiple Kanas :(

Try bringing Inigo, Tiki, and Brave Ephraim, and having them get into position like this:

kanaGHB1.jpg.c00aa30f31d63ec13d741763536856ad.jpg

From there, with Armor March, Tiki can get closer (with Inigo's help) and take out Kana. As long as she's not -Spd, she'll kill the rest of the enemies while just standing there.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Try bringing Inigo, Tiki, and Brave Ephraim, and having them get into position like this:

kanaGHB1.jpg.c00aa30f31d63ec13d741763536856ad.jpg

From there, with Armor March, Tiki can get closer (with Inigo's help) and take out Kana. As long as she's not -Spd, she'll kill the rest of the enemies while just standing there.

thanks for this.! i just beat the second map when you posted this. 
would this solution work for Infernal?  Right now, I am using Brave Lyn, OG!Olivia (for the Hone Attack), Ethlyn and Fjorm, but not working as of yet. but i can switch to the others i think if this doesn't work.

9 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

thanks for this.! i just beat the second map when you posted this. 
would this solution work for Infernal?  Right now, I am using Brave Lyn, OG!Olivia (for the Hone Attack), Ethlyn and Fjorm, but not working as of yet. but i can switch to the others i think if this doesn't work.

I'll give it a shot, you'd definitely need an archer or something to take out the lance flier with the Slaying Spear, since that'll kill Tiki for sure

1 minute ago, Johann said:

I'll give it a shot, you'd definitely need an archer or something to take out the lance flier with the Slaying Spear, since that'll kill Tiki for sure

Yah Im giving it a run right now. so far. this is what's going on. 
Tiki gets into position, Tiki gets hit by Kana and someone else. 
Ethlyn Heals Tiki, Tiki Kills Kana. 
Tiki takes out Red Mantake , Tiki gets killed by Green mage.

I could go the other way, and use Brave Lyn - but she needs the attack boost from OG!Olivia or she's not even touching that Peg night, and she ends up being killed by it in the next round. 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

Yah Im giving it a run right now. so far. this is what's going on. 
Tiki gets into position, Tiki gets hit by Kana and someone else. 
Ethlyn Heals Tiki, Tiki Kills Kana. 
Tiki takes out Red Mantake , Tiki gets killed by Green mage.

I could go the other way, and use Brave Lyn - but she needs the attack boost from OG!Olivia or she's not even touching that Peg night, and she ends up being killed by it in the next round. 

Yeah I ran into a similar problem. Gotta find a way to kill that green mage.

What seal are you giving Tiki? Quick Riposte might be enough for her to finish off Kana in that first turn, and leave the green mage messed up enough for her to finish him off. At that point, you just have the archer and pegasus to deal with

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah I ran into a similar problem. Gotta find a way to kill that green mage.

What seal are you giving Tiki? Quick Riposte might be enough for her to finish off Kana in that first turn, and leave the green mage messed up enough for her to finish him off. At that point, you just have the archer and pegasus to deal with

Tiki has....Speed Plus 1. 
Lyn has +Atk 1 (negating the need for OG! Olivia, so now i have Summer!Micaiah in play but no healer. 

damnit. i forgot about Kana's wrath. killed Tiki right away (I had Ephiriam knock him down)

Edited by daisy jane

Just now, daisy jane said:

Tiki has....Speed Plus 1. 
Lyn has +Atk 1 (negating the need for OG! Olivia, so now i have Summer!Micaiah in play but no healer. 

I tried it just now with Brave Lyn, Inigo, Tiki, and Christmas Robin (my only Armor March guy), and was able to win by just giving Tiki Quick Riposte seal. The Atk+Spd boosts from Inigo helped, though I'm not certain they were necessary. I know you have him so you can definitely get those buffs if you need them. Have Tiki on that first defensive tile (to the left of the tree) and she should clean it all up on her own. As long as Tiki isn't get hit by Kana's special, she should be fine for HP and not need any healing.

26 minutes ago, Johann said:

The lance flier was a bother for me but i just used Tiki with reposition and Myrrh with swap to put her in a safe spot, then baited him with Brave Ephraim. Even with that slaying spear he isn't strong enough to him.

25 minutes ago, Johann said:

I tried it just now with Brave Lyn, Inigo, Tiki, and Christmas Robin (my only Armor March guy), and was able to win by just giving Tiki Quick Riposte seal. The Atk+Spd boosts from Inigo helped, though I'm not certain they were necessary. I know you have him so you can definitely get those buffs if you need them. Have Tiki on that first defensive tile (to the left of the tree) and she should clean it all up on her own. As long as Tiki isn't get hit by Kana's special, she should be fine for HP and not need any healing.

alrighty. 
So i moved Lyn in the corner to take out the Flyer. (the upper left one). 
Kana keeps changing his tactics. I have Tiki by the tree but then sometimes he moves, triggering wrath. I could move Tiki, to take out the mage, use Ephriam to take out Kana but then i have that Red Manatke killing Ephriam. 

HAAHH!  I did it! :) Thanks for your help!
It just took a few adjustments, but i cracked it :) but wouldn't have figured it out without your suggestions.

those orbs are just gonna have to stay where they are coz this was a headache normal mode lol

Edited by daisy jane