Grand Hero Battle - Kana (M): Dragon Spawn (May 3rd, 2018 ~)

Coolmanio

26 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

alrighty. 
So i moved Lyn in the corner to take out the Flyer. (the upper left one). 
Kana keeps changing his tactics. I have Tiki by the tree but then sometimes he moves, triggering wrath. I could move Tiki, to take out the mage, use Ephriam to take out Kana but then i have that Red Manatke killing Ephriam. 

Hmm ok, I went ahead and made a video, that should help:

So long as she has Quick Riposte, she should be ok. My Tiki is neutral, no merges, but I don't think there would be any issues with other Tikis

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any recommendations for a budget Anna build that goes well with M!Kana, L!Ike, and Ninian or M!Kana, Ninian, and M!Grima that's good for the Lunatic version of this? Also, are there any lvl40 M!Kanas that may be easier for Anna to KO in other maps? (I know M!Kana appears in a story map at least once, but I'm not sure if he's lvl 40.)

35 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Any recommendations for a budget Anna build that goes well with M!Kana, L!Ike, and Ninian or M!Kana, Ninian, and M!Grima that's good for the Lunatic version of this? Also, are there any lvl40 M!Kanas that may be easier for Anna to KO in other maps? (I know M!Kana appears in a story map at least once, but I'm not sure if he's lvl 40.)

For these quests just go to arena assalt. Enter a battle with only 1 lv40 units and there's good chance that a M!Kana will show up.

For clearing maps with Kana and Anna i just stuck supporting seals on them and left the job to be done by 3 party members. In my case H!Myrrh, Brave Eph and L!Tiki. Same tactic i use to run the armor quest with a lv 17 gwendolyn.

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

For these quests just go to arena assalt. Enter a battle with only 1 lv40 units and there's good chance that a M!Kana will show up.

For clearing maps with Kana and Anna i just stuck supporting seals on them and left the job to be done by 3 party members. In my case H!Myrrh, Brave Eph and L!Tiki. Same tactic i use to run the armor quest with a lv 17 gwendolyn.

You mean enter AA with 3 lvl 39's or something and 1 lvl40? Just clarifying to make sure I read that right.

As for your list of the ones you used, I only have Brave Ephraim, but wouldn't that make giving the killing blow to Anna difficult anyway? I've never liked using her. She dies to everything... x_x I've always been at a loss on how to build her, so I just maxed out her native abilities/level and left her alone, but she's necessary for getting another copy of M!Kana, so I don't have much of a choice but to use her this time.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Also, are there any lvl40 M!Kanas that may be easier for Anna to KO in other maps? (I know M!Kana appears in a story map at least once, but I'm not sure if he's lvl 40.)

Easiest way to get those kills:

1. Take a 4* melee infantry or flying character (level 40, no merges) and unequip everything except their weapon. Pick someone who can probably take on an enemy alone. Don't do this with Kana or Anna if you need them to get their kills.
  2. Send them into AA completely alone and pick the easiest difficulty, preferably with color advantage. You will only fight a single enemy, and a lot of them are probably going to be Kana
  3. Keep picking the easiest difficulty, which will always be a single weak unit. Due to how it's scaled, you will often encounter a weaponless Kana, though some will still be equipped.

I was able to do the quest using a 4* level 1 Kana, though I had to buff him like crazy to actually do damage. If you've actually leveled him, you shouldn't have an issue.

Edited by Johann

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Easiest way to get those kills:

1. Take a 4* melee character (no merges) and unequip everything except their weapon. Fae or Hawkeye are great choices. Don't do this with Kana or Anna if you need them to get their kills.
  2. Send them into AA completely alone and pick the easiest difficulty, preferably with color advantage. You will only fight a single enemy, and a lot of them are probably going to be Kana
  3. EacDue to how it's scaled, you will often encounter a weaponless Kana, though some will still be equipped.

I was able to do the quest using a 4* level 1 Kana, though I had to buff him like crazy to actually do damage. If you've actually leveled him, you shouldn't have an issue.

Thanks for the step-by-step, but I keep getting Anna opponents (trying this with a levl1 4* Hawkeye.) He only has his weapon equipped. Am I doing something wrong? Was he supposed to be lvl 40 or something?

Just now, Mercakete said:

Thanks for the step-by-step, but I keep getting Anna opponents (trying this with a levl1 4* Hawkeye.) He only has his weapon equipped. Am I doing something wrong? Was he supposed to be lvl 40 or something?

Oh he's supposed to be level 40, my bad, I forgot that part. I only recommended Hawkeye because he'll be fine killing Kana on his own when matched at the same level. You can really use any character, it's just that it works best if it's an infantry or flying melee to match Kana's stats.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Oh he's supposed to be level 40, my bad, I forgot that part. I only recommended Hawkeye because he'll be fine killing Kana on his own when matched at the same level. You can really use any character, it's just that it works best if it's an infantry or flying melee to match Kana's stats.

Ah, okay. Um but Anna's the one who need to kill Kana the most. How do I get her to be the one to do it if Hawkeye's facing him? Do I lose intentionally or something?

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Ah, okay. Um but Anna's the one who need to kill Kana the most. How do I get her to be the one to do it if Hawkeye's facing him? Do I lose intentionally or something?

Nono, you beat the first match as whoever you sent out first, which in my example, would be Hawkeye. Every battle onward, you pick the easy fight, and you can then field Anna/Kana, and even bring support if you need it. I can make a little video if it would help.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Nono, you beat the first match as whoever you sent out first, which in my example, would be Hawkeye. Every battle onward, you pick the easy fight, and you can then field Anna/Kana, and even bring support if you need it. I can make a little video if it would help.

No, I got it. Thanks for the trick! It worked! But, of course it did, since you guys know what you're doing. Man, I'm going to do this every time these sorts of quests come up, now. Thanks a bunch!

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

No, I got it. Thanks for the trick! It worked! But, of course it did, since you guys know what you're doing. Man, I'm going to do this every time these sorts of quests come up, now. Thanks a bunch!

No problemo, though if you ask me, the real MVPs are all those people fielding level 40 Kanas out there for everyone. Whenever we get quests like this, you're bound to find the proper units this way, though it can be tricky to get the Arena score value to match theirs.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

No problemo, though if you ask me, the real MVPs are all those people fielding level 40 Kanas out there for everyone. Whenever we get quests like this, you're bound to find the proper units this way, though it can be tricky to get the Arena score value to match theirs.

I agree completely! When people'd talk about AA and beating those GHB quests, I thought everyone was just so much better than me, or really knew how to use the Askr trio. Turns out, people were helping each other out in ways I didn't expect! It's pretty cool, and really fits with the overall theme found in FE!

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

I agree completely! When people'd talk about AA and beating those GHB quests, I thought everyone was just so much better than me, or really knew how to use the Askr trio. Turns out, people were helping each other out in ways I didn't expect! It's pretty cool, and really fits with the overall theme found in FE!

I think the only way you can like, 100% screw yourself over on these things is to have not kept a Fjorm for those quests that require she be present in the actual battle. Can sometimes get the kills in Rival Domains or Grand Conquest if you're lucky, though.

8 hours ago, Johann said:

I keep meaning to do this ever since I learned the trick. But I never really remember to do so. Plus I would be one of the ones that don't actually send them out weaponless because I would never remember to reequip their stuff until I ran into something where I needed them in AA. At which point I would be rather annoyed.

That said I built Kana up a while back for some reason so I didn't need to cheese AA with him. He was easily able to kill himself during the have him on your team quest. My 4* Anna was the one that wasn't going to work so well. Sure if I got him alone, but the enemies are kinda bunchy on this map so I figured she would drop for sure.

Edited by Usana

@Usana   @Zeo @mampfoid @NegativeExponents-  @Nanima  @Ginko

So M Kana is back so here's some new clears.

First is an idea that popped up while I noticed we had to use Anna and M Kana for the orb quests. Behold, the -A(n)na team! Anna, Kana, Nanna and Hana!

Team is neutral M Kana, neutral Anna, +Spd/-HP Hana 4*+1 and +Atk/-Def Nanna

Music is tachi bou ke -Instrumental- (Psycho Soldier Team Theme) from the King of Fighters XIV soundtrack.

Boy Male Kana is tanky on a defense tile. Close Def and defense tiles are a drug. Technically if I refined Water Breath, I didn't need Drive Res on Anna, but she already has it for arena score so I might as well use it. 

It was refreshing to dust out an early Hana again which I haven't used in forever. Technically she didn't need the Brave Sword to double the mage, but it was important that she baits the one of the ranged units on the right.

Now for my second clear, a second Fates kids theme clear, now that I promoted a Shigure since the last clear.

Team is +Spd/-Def Siegbert, +Atk/-Def Shiro +1, neutral M Kana and +Atk/-Res Shigure.

Music is Past Below (Flow) from Fire Emblem Fates

I don't think we're getting Revelations maps anytime soon, so might as well use it here.

Anyway, starting tactics are similar to the above clear, but this team wasn't as colour-balanced. Still, Kana sure controlled the situation distracting everyone. Siegbert becomes a tactical delete option with Drag Back and Galeforce while Shigure distracts the flier.

Sorry for the late replies again, weekend was busy and I had difficulties to find a moment to watch videos. 

On 14.10.2018 at 10:29 AM, Hilda said:

Kana vs Askrtrio and Veronica Infernal.
No Skill inheritance, Annas Quest done.

Your ability to accept absurdly unfavorable match-ups is way greater than mine, but it is necessary to pull these clears off. The big defensive area is helping, but also making it one of the longer clears. 

Perfectly timed Vantage Astra in the end. Alfonse is benched like in the good old times, I guess he has to avoid Kana. 

Congrats! 

23 hours ago, mcsilas said:

First is an idea that popped up while I noticed we had to use Anna and M Kana for the orb quests. Behold, the -A(n)na team! Anna, Kana, Nanna and Hana!

LOL, I don't even have to watch the video to love this clear. Shanna would fit the theme even better than Hana and Kana (or Tana) btw. 

Kana is really tanky, he even beats his infernal self with double HP.

Will you promote Hana? I gave mine the same nature/set, but at 5* and not using her makes me a little sad. 

On 14.10.2018 at 11:29 AM, mcsilas said:

Now for my second clear, a second Fates kids theme clear, now that I promoted a Shigure since the last clear.

Don't you like Shigures Swift Stance? You could make a Swift Stance 6 Shigure with the new seal. (I'm not convinced of it's usefulness either btw.). 

Kana tanks the hell out of this map again, at least the other kids get something to do as well. 

Congrats on both clears! 

@mampfoid

Oh you know what, I forgot Shanna existed as a unit. Too busy being used as fodder

I don't have a level 40 Shanna so she slipped my mind

Yeah, not gonna promote Hana anytime soon. Not really that interested in her but she was one of my first proper red units so it was good to dust her off again.

Too bad about you not using yours as well. Such is powercreep.

As for Shigure...yeah I'm saving SP for Life and Death and Firesweep. Plus I just got the Darting Stance seal so no need to learn it now really.

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Too bad about you not using yours as well. Such is powercreep.

Perhaps if BH!Celica wasn't a thing, I would have made Hana a Galeforce unit. But now even Lon'qu would be a better candidate. 

@mampfoid 

So here's finally a full Taku clear:

Took the music from the in-game chapter this time. 

Overall this map wasn't too much trouble. Getting past the added defense was a bit of a pain, but nothing I would call a challenge. Maybe I'll try a Hoshido clear with Og!Takumi, Nyakumi, OG!Sakura and Sakunyan later.~

@mcsilas The first one was a really cute idea for a clear. I love how both times Kana can stay right on the playing field without much to fear. He's a pretty awesome little guy really. 

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

So here's finally a full Taku clear:

Nice! It took a lot of chipping and three Takumis to finish Kana, that's one bulky dragon. 

In the end the map design worked in your favor, the enemies where stuck at the choke point and Taktak doesn't care about rivers. 

Congrats! 

26 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nice! It took a lot of chipping and three Takumis to finish Kana, that's one bulky dragon. 

In the end the map design worked in your favor, the enemies where stuck at the choke point and Taktak doesn't care about rivers. 

Congrats! 

Yeah Kana is a tenacious little bugger, even without the defensive tile. It does show where archers current weakness lies, but so long as it's possible to work around my Takus are fine. 

It was fun exploiting the map designs weakness, when it is normally intended to screw with you instead. It was fun to have them all line up like at a shooting range.

Thanks!