Why is the Ike x Lethe ship so rare?

IEatLasers

Just asking 

it’s my preferred one and I read somewhere someone else bring it up and I was so surprised 

I mean her ending in PoR changed with Ike Support, their supports also make for a really cute and natural relationship and he isn’t nervous around her like other girls 

RD was bot completed but data shows he was meant to have More supports with her...

but i only ever see Soren (who I thought was just supposed to be his best friend? I’m lesbian and don’t pick up the best on guys cues, admittedly but I didn’t see anything) 

and Elicina...who has a canonical option, and less flirting with Ike than Lethe does...and Ike is vocally opposed to being nobility/royalty and her ending enforces that she still is...

Lethe makes most sense to me! And the ending is vague enough that it implies Ike is just in hiding, since Priam exists he’s probably just avoiding becoming famous. Lethe could still exist but Ike would not be able to “exist” because as the leader his name would have to change so if Lethe married a random Beorc nobody would notice...  

if the queen did that draws more attention 

thats just some thoughts i had today btw I want FE16 news 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because people would have to actually use a Laguz unit to see that pairing. Same reason why all supports involving beasts aren't well known while all supports involving fliers and cavalry are.

I also never got the impression Ike has anxieties around women? It's more like an intense indifference to women.

1. What was said above, people might not use Lethe enough and as a result, not see the support/pairing potential.

2. Ike x Elincia and Ike x Soren are just too popular. I personally prefer Ike x Elincia. I'm not into homosexual ships and don't do them unless the character is definitely gay/lesbian, and we have no confirmation of this for these characters. I also don't like Soren and only see him and Ike as close friends anyway. Soren's thing with Ike seems to be a rather unhealthy obsession rather than anything romantic (though that's just my interpretation) and Ike doesn't have any implied sexuality.

That said, I'm okay with Ike and Lethe. It just stinks that if they have kids, Lethe would lose her laguz abilities and I don't think she wants that. So Ike would sadly go childless and I like the idea of him being a cool dad. I suppose they could adopt, but I like it even more if Ike has his own kid.

Edited by Anacybele

Because Male Protag x Female Protag and gay ships are more popular really, so people tend to go Ike/Elincia or Ike/Soren. I'm not fond of either tbh since Ike/Elincia just doesn't work for the characters because of who they are as people and Soren is just a meh character to me.

I like Ike/Lethe, but I prefer Ike/Ranulf personally since I feel like Ike and Ranulf have genuine banter and a good friendship and could make a cute couple.

Lethe would lose her beast powers if she mated with Ike.  I don't know if they actually have to conceive a child together or if the first taste of the kitty loses Lethe her powers.

16 minutes ago, unique said:

Don't kink shame Ike.

Ike x Lethe is my favorite Ike ship, the only other one I kind of like is with Elincia, but that's definitely not canon after Radiant Dawn. also heck no to Ike x Soren I don't know how or why that gained traction and became so popular but I really don't like it, or Soren as a character, and as far as I can see, there's no way it happened please stop pushing that ship please 

Their supports are great, and Ike with someone who's a strong fighter and pushes him to be better just seems like a strong fit for him, and Ike seems like a really strong fit for Lethe as well for similar reasons. I love their supports, and it's a very unconventional relationship compared to what other FE main characters get. 

23 minutes ago, TadpoleSuperHero said:

also heck no to Ike x Soren I don't know how or why that gained traction and became so popular but I really don't like it, or Soren as a character, and as far as I can see, there's no way it happened please stop pushing that ship please 

Seriously, this... I hate when people insist Ike is gay when there's no actual confirmation of this. If you want to headcanon it, go ahead, that's fine, but don't shove it in people's faces or insist that your headcanon is the only correct one.

Besides, Outrealm Gates are a thing now, so basically anything can be canon. xP

But let's not open that can of worms, or this thread could get locked.

Edited by Anacybele

Tbh tbh
>Ike
>Romance

like, i could see PoR Ike in a romance yes (Ike x Elincia or Ike x Lethe), but not RD Ike xD

Also, wasn't Ike x Mia suppossed to be a thing before it got scrapped? I mean, while i do ship Mia x Rhys, Ike and Mia are both swordheads, so Ike x Mia also fits xD

2 hours ago, Azz said:

Because Male Protag x Female Protag and gay ships are more popular really, so people tend to go Ike/Elincia or Ike/Soren. I'm not fond of either tbh since Ike/Elincia just doesn't work for the characters because of who they are as people and Soren is just a meh character to me.

I like Ike/Lethe, but I prefer Ike/Ranulf personally since I feel like Ike and Ranulf have genuine banter and a good friendship and could make a cute couple.

I don’t care for Ike and Ranulf. Yeah they have some good banter but Ranulf is so loyal to Skrimr him just going either to sea or into hiding with Ike makes no sense. 

To ne what makes sense (I stole this read it long ago): Ike hates fame. Lethe is kinda a nobody after the war, but her ending they say that want to see each other more and become partners after the fighting is done. Lethe does say she doesn’t care but her ending of PoR implies she didn’t mean it. 

Soren needs Ike to function. 

Ike gives up the fsme he never wanted by changing his name 

Soren is branded 

ikes kid is branded (a great ending to a story about the war between the two races the main character uniting them in more ways than one)  

then Soren would meet ikes kids and probably tell them some legends.

Hence Priam  knowing Ike’s story and obsessing over him! 

Also...Lethe would lose her powers but she cares about Ike and even her dialogue (what little there is) makes it seem like she values who she is and what she likes more than the actual transforming itself. If she were truly in love I think she’d give it up easily. 

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It just stinks that if they have kids, Lethe would lose her laguz abilities and I don't think she wants that.

Haven't played PoR in a while, but is this something that usually happens when a Laguz gives birth? Or does that have something to do with Ike being a Beorc?

5 minutes ago, Power Master said:

Haven't played PoR in a while, but is this something that usually happens when a Laguz gives birth? Or does that have something to do with Ike being a Beorc?

It doesn't explain why, it just says that a laguz loses their abilities if they have a child with a beorc. If the laguz is female, she loses her abilities as soon as she gets pregnant. If male, he loses his abilities when the child is born.

Ike and Mia were going to have support convos in PoR, but nothing says they were going to have a paired ending in RD or anything. Ike and Zihark were going to have conversations too, and an A support between them would've changed the ending dialogue they had. There's unused ending dialogue between them.

Edited by Anacybele

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It doesn't explain why, it just says that a laguz loses their abilities if they have a child with a beorc. If the laguz is female, she loses her abilities as soon as she gets pregnant. If male, he loses his abilities when the child is born.

Is that the timing of the power losing?  I remember the whole power loss, but don't remember them saying exactly when it happened.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Is that the timing of the power losing?  I remember the whole power loss, but don't remember them saying exactly when it happened.

They said it when they mentioned Lehran and Almedha having children with beorc. It said Lehran didn't lose his powers until his child was born while Almedha lost hers as soon as she got pregnant.

I like to think Ike and Lethe had a romance, but neither one of them was the marriage type, so they just went their separate ways. Could even be between PoR and RD. Doesn't have to result in whatever made Priam a thing, but it could, if it happened after RD.

After that, if that even happens, Soren for life. I can't picture either of them living apart from each other, gay or not. Though personally I like the gay/bi idea.

That's all just headcanon for me though, nothing against the Elincia ship/shippers. I think it's a cute ship, even if it's not my thing. It wouldn't destroy me to find out it was canon.

Ranulf x Ike I'm not so fond of. Nothing against the shippers, I just don't think Soren would lose Ike to another man. If Ike were 100% straight, I think Soren would step into the background. But if he were gay/bi, I feel like Soren is the closest person to Ike, and it would just end up that way eventually.

Edited by Cornguy

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Tbh tbh
>Ike
>Romance

like, i could see PoR Ike in a romance yes (Ike x Elincia or Ike x Lethe), but not RD Ike xD

Also, wasn't Ike x Mia suppossed to be a thing before it got scrapped? I mean, while i do ship Mia x Rhys, Ike and Mia are both swordheads, so Ike x Mia also fits xD

Just popping in, but the Ike/Mia support appears to be a complete myth. For a good while, it kept getting inserted to the pages on the wiki, but everything from IS says those two units were never meant to support.

Mia's cut supports were with Marcia and Nephenee.

While Ike had a cut support with Zihark.

45 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Just popping in, but the Ike/Mia support appears to be a complete myth. For a good while, it kept getting inserted to the pages on the wiki, but everything from IS says those two units were never meant to support.

Mia's cut supports were with Marcia and Nephenee.

While Ike had a cut support with Zihark.

Really? Huh, I never knew this at all. But I see.

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

They said it when they mentioned Lehran and Almedha having children with beorc. It said Lehran didn't lose his powers until his child was born while Almedha lost hers as soon as she got pregnant.

Okay, that's probably understandable. For females, transforming with a child in them is likely dangerous due to the body shape changing (then again, I have no idea how Laguz physiology is set up :P). I got nothing on how males lose their abilities, though. Simply conceiving with a Beorc shouldn't do anything to your abilities, but I guess that's just the "magic" of a video game. Who really knows? It's also possible Lehran and Almedha were special cases. Until someone else goes through the same thing, one event isn't exactly solid information.

Here I am speculating about how a fictional and theoretical childbirth occurs, so on topic!

Looking up simply "Ike x Lethe", I found a lot of fanfiction and fanart. Certainly not as popular as Ike x Elincia or the others, but it still seems to be a fan favorite.