• Brand new maps! 
  • Brand new charcters! 

Get Involved! 

My email - ethanbrooks13@gmail.com

Discord Topic - https://discord.gg/u8BFwM6

FE Universe Post - http://feuniverse.us/t/fire-emblem-tales-of-the-stones/3692

My discord - ethanb2309#5114

UPDATE 02/06/18 

The game is progressing and it is ready to release, however we have two massive glitches that are preventing the game release. As such we cannot put the rom out until they are fixed. I am hoping that it is resolved soon, but if anyone would know to help or can recommend places to go to it would be really appricated! 

UPDATE - 30/05/18

The game is coming along nicely, I would like to thank my wonderful team for sticking with me and we just need to finish items and do a test run then the game will be ready for release! As such anyone who is intrested in playing should get in contact to secure a place, you can reach me through the details provided above. In the meantime please enjoy this sneak peek of the first boss and map for the game! 

image.thumb.png.8fa595eaf39f4140f8373eec7e68c0aa.png

image.thumb.png.53a8952e844455c0f7b80e5eb44ff752.png

image.thumb.png.598958cc7dadfb3e7bdfdbc13cd7108f.png

UPDATE - 19/05/18 

Apologies for not keeping the topic updated, however I am happy to announce we are still developing the game! The first version that me and my team is planning to release will be out soon, we are just doing finishing touches like item icons and class stats. In the meantime anyone who is willing to help would be appricated, and I thank my current team for sticking by the project. To keep you intrested here's some details and screenshots.

Plans for Fire Emblem Tales of the Stones V1.0 release.

• Three brand new classes to the fire emblem series.
  • 4 exciting maps to play on.
  • A fully fleshed out narrative.

New items and weapons!  

ORGINAL POST 

On the distant horizon... a new Fire Emblem fan game is coming on your computer! But it (HOPEFULLY) won't take a year of no news like Nintendo, this game is set 15 years after the events of FE8 and follows the events of a young merc who has to flee Grado and unite the nations to take back your homeland! 

Here's the details - 

-A Fire Emblem game that is divided into 10 arcs! 

-All new charcters and classes that will be available to you! 

-A BRAND NEW! AND ORGINAL STORY! 

-Meet new friends, and old ones turned foes. 

-And discover new people and places that weren't known of Magvel 15 years ago!

The game will be released in updated patches based on Arcs, Arc 1 should be released within the next two weeks and a delay at most of a month for new game arcs. I hope you will all look forward to this game, and please use this topic as a discussion point. I hope you all enjoy it! 

Also anyone who can contribute in any way would be appreciated as this an ambitious project and you will all be credited in the games credits and any future posts!

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Ethan Brooks

2 hours ago, Ethan Brooks said:

And discover new people and places that weren't on Magvel 10 years ago!

So are all the new people 10 or younger?

2 hours ago, Ethan Brooks said:

A Fire Emblem game that is divided into 10 arcs! 

unless your arcs are 2-3 chapters each this is incredibly ambitious and unrealistic given the constraints of GBA hacking.

There's really not much to go off of here, no screenshots of anything that's a work in progress, no real proof that it exists in general.

Concept posts like these are a dime a dozen, we all just want to see something that shows you've been working on it. It doesn't have to be good, the first attempt usually never is, but showing that work has been done in some form beyond writing puts you well ahead of the other posts that talk about their idea and have nothing to back them up.

1 hour ago, InvdrZim13 said:

So are all the new people 10 or younger?

unless your arcs are 2-3 chapters each this is incredibly ambitious and unrealistic given the constraints of GBA hacking.

There's really not much to go off of here, no screenshots of anything that's a work in progress, no real proof that it exists in general.

Concept posts like these are a dime a dozen, we all just want to see something that shows you've been working on it. It doesn't have to be good, the first attempt usually never is, but showing that work has been done in some form beyond writing puts you well ahead of the other posts that talk about their idea and have nothing to back them up.

It's super early on like chapters 1 2 and 3 are finished but the story is not yet implemented.

2 hours ago, scp omerta said:

It's super early on like chapters 1 2 and 3 are finished but the story is not yet implemented.

Show maps, show something. "Look we have something, it isn't much but here it is" is infinitely better than "here's my very barebones idea".

18 minutes ago, InvdrZim13 said:

Show maps, show something. "Look we have something, it isn't much but here it is" is infinitely better than "here's my very barebones idea".

Agreed, an idea is good, but you should have something to show for it before actually telling people about it. I've learned that the hard way. 

A playable demo should be released today or tomorrow, only the opening story is available. (None in between chapter story yet)

(Some classes are also not as seen in these pictures because of the modding tool I use is weird.)

Also some old friends return.

5adf39649242d_oldfriends.thumb.PNG.eb31416857c225335567bbaff023f099.PNG

His affin is fixed.

map 3.PNG

map 4.PNG

Edited by scp omerta

11 minutes ago, scp omerta said:

A playable demo should be released today or tomorrow, only the opening story is available. (None in between chapter story yet)

(Some classes are also not as seen in these pictures because of the modding tool I use is weird.)

Also some old friends return.

5adf39649242d_oldfriends.thumb.PNG.eb31416857c225335567bbaff023f099.PNG

His affin is fixed.

map 3.PNG

map 4.PNG

I can indeed confirm that this post is correct! Look forward to the first few maps being released soon!

11 minutes ago, scp omerta said:

Ya that part was my bad, I didn't send him any.

40 minutes ago, Warlock said:

Perhaps adding screenshots in the main post will likely show people that you're not fooling them and will stop these "give me an evidence" sort of posts.

Well I can confirm that a new screenshot will be posted at least weekly, (HOPEFULLY) but the first post was just to generate hype, but I have a basic storyline worked out, just needs some finer tweeks, unfortunately my co-writer is unwell rn so I'll need to wait for him to get back before most of the deeper writing can commence 

Exciting updates are on the horizon, as the first version of the game is now available for download! Please be nice with the comments as this is the first version of the game, and we had a lot of problems. But I do hope you enjoy this! 

Includes 

-3 Prologue chapters 

Please Note 

-Unfortunately chapter 4 crashes when played but you can look at foes. 

Plans for next update 

-Prologue chapters completed 

-Narrative Included

-NO MORE BUGS! :)  

Also anyone who can help with anything would be really appreciated!

Also note that you will need to use nups to patch it. 

Story

Takes place 15 years after sacred stones, focuses on a young boy named Ethan and his adventures. You can meet new people and old known people. Sometimes things doesn't go the way Ethan hoped for.

Download : Fire Emblem TOTS (V.0.01) 

ags[1].png

gas.png

asd.PNG

colm.png

Edited by Ethan Brooks

. . .and I can't apply the patch.  Did you zip it?

I recommend NOT putting decimals in the file name, because it confuses the everliving daylights out of Windows.

Your patch is an empty file. only the ups header, with the checksum for the new rom and old rom being the same. did you use your edited rom as the base for the patch? you need to use a clean fe8 rom as a base rom.

EDIT: also, upload a patch as a .ups, for easiness of reckognizing what it is.

Edited by Kirb1337

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I recommend NOT putting decimals in the file name, because it confuses the everliving daylights out of Windows.

My apolgies, but I do not know about that, you'd have to ask my aassociate, but thank you for the advice. :)

When you make the ups don't forget to include .ups in the name of the file, otherwise the user has to rename it to include the file extension.

And like eclipse said, NUPS says the files don't match, and when you force the patch, it's still vanilla FE8.

And final third thing, don't make your in game screenshots so massive, it just looks stretched out and bad.

2 hours ago, InvdrZim13 said:

When you make the ups don't forget to include .ups in the name of the file, otherwise the user has to rename it to include the file extension.

And like eclipse said, NUPS says the files don't match, and when you force the patch, it's still vanilla FE8.

And final third thing, don't make your in game screenshots so massive, it just looks stretched out and bad.

ah ok thanks.

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:55 PM, eclipse said:

Thanks for that advice :)