Top 10 settings that Fire Emblem Switch NEEDS to take place in

ViceTOLUCT

1. A post apocalyptic future where the main protagonists try to undo the damage the antagonist did

2. A sci-fi setting where alien parasites try to take over the human race and countless other planets

3. A wild west setting.

4. A Steampunk setting.

5. A modern setting.

6. A continent where people mainly use Magic.

7. An underwater setting.

8. An underground setting.

9. A story where the Fire Emblem is evil and the protagonists have to destroy it before it destroys the world.

10. A continent that is floating in the air, and one of the antagonists tries to destroy it's power source to make it fall to the ground.

11. In a sewer system with 4 cheese pizza eating mutant reptiles

12. In a maximum security prison

13. On the grassy knoll before JFK's assassination

14. On the set where they faked the moon landing

15. Inside Mario's hat

19. A Middle Eastern inspired setting would be cool. Imagine playing through a game where the protag is basically the Fire Emblem version of Lawrence of Arabia!

20. A country during a Civil War. Not everything has to be on a continental or global scale. 

21. Maybe have the Fire Emblem Switch takes place around in the same year and timeline as Awakening. I do like to hear about the other continents how they managed to be evolved like Ylisse and Valm.

22. Maybe have one of the protagonists explore the area to find new land.

23. In a slideshow article on Buzzfeed.  Seriously can't help but think of that kind of trite whenever I see "top 10" anythings.

24. On the battlefield known as love.

25. On the high ground, Anakin!

26. In Serenes Forest (the website, not the actual location).

28. The number I just skipped.

29. Seymour's kitchen, at precisely the time he cultivated that "aurora borealis".

30. Within Tingle's Freshly-Picked Rosy Rupee Land... OR

31. On Tingle's Ripened Balloon Trip of Love, aka not!The Wizard of Oz.

32. In that one room with the kid that wants you to get the fuck out of his room because he's playing Minecraft.

33. Fateslandia, but everyone is either a clone of Oboro or Laslow and they are all in their undies because they waged a five-year war against an army of Sophies ヽRGaYS2c.pngノ

34. In the world of Super Smash Bros.

35. Somewhere in the Star Wars universe.

36. On a shard of Eador.

37. On the series of islands that Sir Christian got stuck on in Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

38. In a pen and paper roleplay game. Or in a board game. Or Munchkins.

3 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

17. The virtual world of a popular MMORPG.

So basically TMS#FE but with way more people.

39: Disboard

40: The World That Never Was

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

38. In a pen and paper roleplay game. Or in a board game. Or Munchkins.

41: In a text-only game. Also screw you for being the cause of me wasting an entire week on TVTropes after a mostly innocuous search for the exact definition of Rule 63.

43. It needs to take place in Archanea, but Gotoh sees a vision of Medeus getting resurrected in Mystery of the Emblem and his future self sends himself a vague message to his present self saying the words "He must win!"

25 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

So basically TMS#FE but with way more people.

Actually, I wrote this comment with Sword Art Online in mind (because I know a lot of people hate it), but I guess that works too.

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

44. Inside the mind of Tommy Wiseau.

"You're tearing me apart, Lissa!"

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Also screw you for being the cause of me wasting an entire week on TVTropes after a mostly innocuous search for the exact definition of Rule 63.

There's a such thing as an innocuous search of the rules of the internet?

And only a week on TvTropes? Hah! I once wasted an entire summer on TvTropes! Then again, I was recovering from back surgery... (which is how I got my awesome scar that I will always bring up whenever I get the chance)

...May I ask what I did to cause you to go onto Tv Tropes and/or research rule 63? I'm curious how this situation came about, and If I've wronged you in any way, I wish to make it up to you (somehow, as there's not much I CAN do in an internet forum...).

To continue the thread:

45. Middle-Earth

46. Midgard which I could actually see working, as the game is basically Fire Emblem but quirkier already.

47. In the Lego universe.

47.5 On that note, in the world of Bionicle.

48. Mars

49. In the world of Killer Instinct because (Mortal Kombat to violent (no duh)) I'm pretty certain they can fit Fire Emblem mechanics in a world with Tibetan Ninja's, were-wolfs, vampires, walking skeletons, evil mega-corporations, culturally-correct Native Americans with lighting powers, a 1000-year old sorcerer, a rock monster, an immortal barbarian, an ice alien, a Japanese ghost, a dagger-wielding Incan warrior, killer robots, cybernetic dinosaurs, spider-assassins, Deadpool on fire, a nunchuck-wielding fashion-designer with a dragon, a boxer, two intergalactic conquerers, and a mercenary spy that one ups them all in awesomeness.

Edited by Hawkwing
Forgot Mira, Maya, Spinal, and Sadira.

There's a such thing as an innocuous search of the rules of the internet?

And only a week on TvTropes? Hah! I once wasted an entire summer on TvTropes! Then again, I was recovering from back surgery... (which is how I got my awesome scar that I will always bring up whenever I get the chance)

...May I ask what I did to cause you to go onto Tv Tropes and/or research rule 63? I'm curious how this situation came about, and If I've wronged you in any way, I wish to make it up to you (somehow, as there's not much I CAN do in an internet forum...).

I said mostly, didn't I? I was speaking with a coworker at one point and telling her about my writing and mentioned Mary, a character who is basically me but Rule 63'd, and she asked me what Rule 63 meant, so I went to look up the exact meaning. I saw TVTropes and was like 'oh hey, Hawkwing recommended them' so I pulled it up and that kind of backfired for a week. I actually still have a lot of things I was meaning to look at as well(like the full list of the rules of the internet so I know what they are because I'm only familiar with 63 and of course 34, though I could have sworn I saw something about a Rule 70 at some point), but my comp crashed and I lost the tabs and didn't have any of it written down. You don't have to make anything up to me, most of the time if you see me saying stuff like that you can ignore it as me making noise.

Anyways, On-Topic...

47.5 On that note, in the world of Bionicle.

*47.75 Specifically in Metru Nui for a mix of steampunk and futuristic.

51: The world of Xenoblade for @Armagon's sake.
52: Hogwarts(I mean, we're casting magic already...).

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

The world of Xenoblade for @Armagon's sake.

Fire Emblem but it takes place on the bodies of Titans. Or on a whole different planet. Or space itself. I'd be down for that. Remember when Awakening was supposed to take place on Mars?

53. On the seven seas. Give me Pirate Emblem.

45 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

With Shanty Pete as Protag for @DisobeyedCargo's sake? I'm down.

Hell yes 

let him sail all across the archanean/Valentian/jugdralian seas, stoping at port towns like furia harbor to buy supplies, battles take place on individual islands, this could work guys.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I said mostly, didn't I? I was speaking with a coworker at one point and telling her about my writing and mentioned Mary, a character who is basically me but Rule 63'd, and she asked me what Rule 63 meant, so I went to look up the exact meaning. I saw TVTropes and was like 'oh hey, Hawkwing recommended them' so I pulled it up and that kind of backfired for a week. I actually still have a lot of things I was meaning to look at as well(like the full list of the rules of the internet so I know what they are because I'm only familiar with 63 and of course 34, though I could have sworn I saw something about a Rule 70 at some point), but my comp crashed and I lost the tabs and didn't have any of it written down. You don't have to make anything up to me, most of the time if you see me saying stuff like that you can ignore it as me making noise.

Wait, people trust me enough to click on the links I placed in my signature?

Ah, you will very much learn to both thank and curse TvTropes for enhancing the viewing/playing/reading experience by showing how clever and deep even simple works can be, but it will also show how cliched even the most original works can be. You will lose some of your innocence and become jaded, but you'll also become more aware and respectful how and why some cliches and tropes are utilized.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

*47.75 Specifically in Metru Nui for a mix of steampunk and futuristic.

Yeeeeeeeeeeesss. I remember getting one of those lore books you can buy at those school book fairs, and I loved how much detail there was for things that might never be brought up in the series proper. I also remember reading quite a few of those young adult books at the library, and for a toy line, they're surprisingly good. Even more interesting is that they were all written by one guy.

As for the topic itself:

54. In the world of Kid Icarus

55. In the world of Team Fortress 2

56. In one of those stick animations:

56.1 where everyone fights each other.

56.2  where everyone fights each other to synchronized music.

56.3 in a collab.

56.4 In a collab where everyone fights each other.

56.5 In a collab where everyone fights each other to synchronized music.

56.6 in a collab with doors.

56.7 In a collab with an obstacle course.

56.8 In a land called Inamorta Any Stick War fans here?

56.9 On that beach where Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 4 takes place.

56.95 In a land called Inamorta on that beach where Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 4 takes place in a collab where everyone fights each other to sychronized music with doors and an obstacle course.

57. In a world where everyone was Kung-Fu fighting.

57.5 With stepladders.

58. Daggerfall

59. Morrowind

60. Tamriel

61. Skyrim

62. On a plane of Oblivion

63. The Mushroom Kingdom

64. Hyrule

65. Hillys

66. Arstotska

67. The Dragon Ball universe

68. The Marvel Cinematic Universe

69. In someones backyard.

Edited by Hawkwing
Forgot to finish a sentence. I would have added links to the stick animations, but I don't think there's any ONE good example I could provide that wouldn't have left me wanting to add 2-3 more.

20 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

54. In the world of Kid Icarus

At the end of the game, you defeat the big bad dragon. Everything's good again, the credits are rolling when suddenly *BAM*! Hades rips apart the credits and makes a joke about how he tricked you into thinking the dragon was the final boss.