Testing: New generic banners + increased avatar size

VincentASM

9 minutes ago, Zeratul said:
  Hide contents

image.thumb.png.6013a01bec6331c4ae6ede5163a3ebb8.png

Focused like this it actually doesn't look too bad.
Though there was one instance where it was more "blurried" but I don't seem to be able to replicate it. Maybe it was a loading issue.

I changed the banner image to a different one before you posted ^^

Anyway, I just had enough time to add a character to the Night Forest banner. Hope it looks OK. Didn't realise it was midnight already...

@VincentASMUsing the default theme, but I'm not too crazy about the notifications blending in with the background. Seems worst of all with the default theme. Maybe either a more contrasting color than white, or perhaps a little box around those items and shift the art over a little?

Edited by Johann

20 hours ago, Johann said:

@VincentASMUsing the default theme, but I'm not too crazy about the notifications blending in with the background. Seems worst of all with the default theme. Maybe either a more contrasting color than white, or perhaps a little box around those items and shift the art over a little?

image.png.8e149d5e98dde2e1f19a6acdc07df68d.png

I've added a translucent box now. Hope that works : )

Also, you may have noticed another change to the default banner...

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Hi Leanne.
This might be a stretch, but does the software allow to randomly cycle between banners? Would be cool to have different characters and stuff.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I've added a translucent box now. Hope that works : )

Good touch, thanks!

I actually wanted to make a thread addressing the one color space at the top of the forums page, and if imagery could be added like drawn trees for Serenes Forest or stars in the night sky for Night Forest, but I didn't know if it was out of place so I didn't. Anyways, I like the changes so far. I see there's still some tinkering going on because of the way Leanne's image is looking a little weird, but I'm glad that the blank one-color space is being replaced with some imagery.

I love the new header! Really brightens up the place :D

Do you have a link to the image used, please? Especially the version with Leanne (and hopefully any other characters)! I'n pretty sure I've seen all three herons in that style but I can't find it...

19 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Hi Leanne.
This might be a stretch, but does the software allow to randomly cycle between banners? Would be cool to have different characters and stuff.

There isn't any feature like that, but it should be possible to code in theory.

I think we very briefly had a rotating banner at one point, but that was for a very old version of the forum software. That or the code became outdated before we got to use it...

Anyway, I'll try to look into it, but don't expect it for a long time ^^;;;

17 hours ago, Ae†her said:

I actually wanted to make a thread addressing the one color space at the top of the forums page, and if imagery could be added like drawn trees for Serenes Forest or stars in the night sky for Night Forest, but I didn't know if it was out of place so I didn't. Anyways, I like the changes so far. I see there's still some tinkering going on because of the way Leanne's image is looking a little weird, but I'm glad that the blank one-color space is being replaced with some imagery.

We had some actual banners a while back, but the latest big forum update kind of broke them. Sadly, we just never got around to updating the banners >___<

By weird, do you mean the fading out along the edges? Or something else? That's because Leanne and the logo are placed on top of the background image and there's automatic padding around the edges.

15 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I love the new header! Really brightens up the place :D

Do you have a link to the image used, please? Especially the version with Leanne (and hopefully any other characters)! I'n pretty sure I've seen all three herons in that style but I can't find it...

Yeah, it is Leanne's newest card from Fire Emblem Cipher.

@Kirie compiled a bunch of cards from the same series over here. (Be wary of mild Tellius spoilers and what ifs.)

13 hours ago, unique said:

i like the new night forest banner but also it kinda makes it look like lehran's setting serenes on fire 

Hahaha, I was a tiny bit worried it might look like that. The other reason I chose him is because he was canonically at the forest during the fire.

8 hours ago, Septimius Severus said:

I like the new avatar size and banners. They look great~

I'm also seconding this.
Please keep it forever.

Oh dear, the avatar I whipped up in a few seconds has probably got more approval than some I spent hours on XD

Edited by VincentASM

12 hours ago, VincentASM said:

We had some actual banners a while back, but the latest big forum update kind of broke them. Sadly, we just never got around to updating the banners >___<

By weird, do you mean the fading out along the edges? Or something else? That's because Leanne and the logo are placed on top of the background image and there's automatic padding around the edges.

Oh I thought that that was a possibility. Life can get busy so I understand not putting it in priority again.

Also yeah, that's what I meant. The padding makes them look a little out of place because the fading around the edges. 

• 2 weeks later...

I left just before the banner were implemented, so I got a real treat when I returned. I've been using Night Forest thinking it is easier on the eyes, so I coincidentally get to see my fav Sephiran! With the tragedy that led him and Tellius to take the course it would for the next 23 years ominously in the background. Loves me my Tellius!:D:

Thank you for this!