FE:W has achieved over one million sales worldwide

Jedi

2 minutes ago, Linkmstr said:

It's nice to see that the game was able to ship 1 million units worldwide. Better chances of a sequel to be made and at least satisfy some folks that are still complaining. I remember there were people saying the game flopped on its first week in Japan (when it clearly didn't). Good times, good times...

People are still denying this is true, or getting mad that it outsold Echoes.

Kinda like they wanted it to fail hard so they try to pull that into reality with no backing.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Kinda like they wanted it to fail hard so they try to pull that into reality with no backing.

Those guys, huh? *sigh*

Edited by Linkmstr

1 hour ago, Linkmstr said:
1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Those guys, huh? *sigh*

It still baffles me that such people exist. To me, they aren't true FE fans. Why would any fan want a game in their favorite series to fail; especially a crossover we have wanted for years, all simply because it didn't have characters they wanted? And with FEW it's particularly irrational, because the game failing would mean no chance of getting a sequel with characters they do want. Honestly they should be thrilled about it selling a mil and bolstering those chances like we are.

I suppose it's just your standard troll logic; Dumb and incomprehensible no matter how you slice it.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

57 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

It still baffles me that such people exist. To me, they aren't true FE fans. Why would any fan want a game in their favorite series to fail; especially a crossover we have wanted for years, all simply because it didn't have characters they wanted? And with FEW it's particularly irrational, because the game failing would mean no chance of getting a sequel with characters they do want. Honestly they should be thrilled about it selling a mil and bolstering those chances like we are.

I suppose it's just your standard troll logic; Dumb and incomprehensible no matter how you slice it.

Granted, some of them aren't fans of the series. FE's probably the Nintendo series with the most vocal hatedom overall; I recall choice quotes from discord servers I've been in about the series "being too big for its britches" and "needing to be brought down" in regards to FEW. And this is without the hardcore Smash fandom that absolutely despises it.

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

To be honest, the people who claim there is nothing wrong with the roster and that its a good thing that the roster excluded the "crappy older games" are just as bad.

Anyhow, I don't want Fire Emblem Warriors to fail, but I ultimately didn't buy a copy. I'll likely buy one of Koei's inevitable sequels, though.  Warriors games almost always get sequels and spinoffs.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

23 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Granted, some of them aren't fans of the series. FE's probably the Nintendo series with the most vocal hatedom overall; I recall choice quotes from discord servers I've been in about the series "being too big for its britches" and "needing to be brought down" in regards to FEW. And this is without the hardcore Smash fandom that absolutely despises it.

Yeah the Smash fandom in particularly hostile to Fire Emblem for getting so much reps. I have a feeling the Donkey Kong fans in particular are the most bitter about it, at least on GameFAQs. Its not entirely undeserved though. When it comes to the amount of reps Fire Emblem really is to ''too big for its britches''. Aside from Pokemon and Mario they have the most reps. Though I always thought that was more a coincidence then favoritism on Sakurai's part. 

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Yeah the Smash fandom in particularly hostile to Fire Emblem for getting so much reps. I have a feeling the Donkey Kong fans in particular are the most bitter about it, at least on GameFAQs. Its not entirely undeserved though. When it comes to the amount of reps Fire Emblem really is to ''too big for its britches''. Aside from Pokemon and Mario they have the most reps. Though I always thought that was more a coincidence then favoritism on Sakurai's part. 

Literally the only FE character added more or less as an FE character was Robin. Lucina was an alt costume turned into a clone at the last minute, Roy was chosen as a Melee veteran to come back alongside Lucas, and one of the final DLC "slots" was specifically set aside for promotion-- and Sakurai actually initially objected to Corrin's inclusion on the basis of there being too many FE characters, only changing his mind when other members of the dev team convinced him that they could make a fun and unique moveset with the character.

But anyways, to try and re-rail things, I'm just glad that the game sold as well as it did and managed to prove a few people of the more cynical persuasion wrong.

Just now, The DanMan said:

Literally the only FE character added more or less as an FE character was Robin. Lucina was an alt costume turned into a clone at the last minute, Roy was chosen as a Melee veteran to come back alongside Lucas, and one of the final DLC "slots" was specifically set aside for promotion-- and Sakurai actually initially objected to Corrin's inclusion on the basis of there being too many FE characters, only changing his mind when other members of the dev team convinced him that they could make a fun and unique moveset with the character.

Yeah. That's what I meant it was more of an accident then design. Lucina just happened to be an easy clone for Marth, Robin more or less had to come in because Awakening deserved that and lots of fans wanted Roy back. FE just got lucky with the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Yeah. That's what I meant it was more of an accident then design. Lucina just happened to be an easy clone for Marth, Robin more or less had to come in because Awakening deserved that and lots of fans wanted Roy back. FE just got lucky with the circumstances. 

Lucky or unlucky because of how there's all that hate from other people.

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

The thing about Fire Emblem is that it is the one Nintendo franchise that rarely settles into formula. No 2 FE games are truly mechanically alike aside from the obvious core genre mechanics. There is such a substantial variation in mechanics, and thus a fractured fanbase.

4 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

To be honest, the people who claim there is nothing wrong with the roster and that its a good thing that the roster excluded the "crappy older games" are just as bad.

Yeah of course, I wasn't saying either side was right in this, but since meeting in the middle seems to be impossible for now, they went with the most marketable choices (for the most part).

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Yeah of course, I wasn't saying either side was right in this, but since meeting in the middle seems to be impossible for now, they went with the most marketable choices (for the most part).

While I can understand some of their decisions , obviously Awakening+Fates needed representation given their success, I think they made many mistakes with the final roster. Shadow Dragon really needed at least one more character, I was really hoping they'd put in someone like Draug/Roger or Camus/Hardin.

A big issue is I feel Koei's comments like "avoiding Too many Swords" and "Sexy feet" soured the fandom's view a bunch. 

I feel if they hadn't made those comments, , there would be significantly less controversy in the fandom.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

9 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

While I can understand some of their decisions , obviously Awakening+Fates needed representation given their success, I think they made many mistakes with the final roster. Shadow Dragon really needed at least one more character, I was really hoping they'd put in someone like Draug/Roger or Camus/Hardin.

Shadow Dragon really got shafted hard there. Camus I felt should have been a solid choice to pick. I mean, really. It could easily been something they could do.I wanted to see how Camus talked with Marth and others. Camus was their enemy, but here in this world, they are able to fight together. Could really have made some of the most interesting support conversations. Camus and Xander and their loyalty to their nation. 

A big issue is I feel Koei's comments like "avoiding Too many Swords" and "Sexy feet" soured the fandom's view a bunch. 

I feel if they hadn't made those comments, , there would be significantly less controversy in the fandom.

Shot themselves in the foot so hard on those comments. The thing about the feet was rather disturbing. 

Yeah....saying they wanted to avoid to many swords while only revealing sword users and making the OC's wield swords was just....clumsy. This is the first time I hear about sexy feet though. What did the devs say about it?

12 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Yeah....saying they wanted to avoid to many swords while only revealing sword users and making the OC's wield swords was just....clumsy. This is the first time I hear about sexy feet though. What did the devs say about it?

That was their reasoning for picking Linde, apparently.

Glad to hear it sold well. I hope it would encourage IS to make more spin-off games.

21 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Here is the interview :  https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-director-on-the-shadow-dragon-pack-characters-wedding-costumes-more/

It's mentioned that her selling points are her sexy feet and her lively personality despite her difficult past.

18 minutes ago, Thunderstar said:

Glad to hear it sold well. I hope it would encourage IS to make more spin-off games.

Here is the interview :  https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-director-on-the-shadow-dragon-pack-characters-wedding-costumes-more/

It's mentioned that her selling points are her sexy feet and her lively personality despite her difficult past.

If that doesn't show how moronic this game's PR is, I dunno what is.

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

If that doesn't show how moronic this game's PR is, I dunno what is.

Hey, at least it's better than Valkyria Chronicle's 4 PR saying that they created an entirely new character of seemingly some importance in the overall plot... because they didn't have a poster girl for breast fanservice.

I wish I was joking, but the official JP twitter account actually said that.

FEW's helped me be even more resolute in just ignoring PR speak.

That feet comment really was of little consequence, tbh.  Was it weird?  Yeah.  But did it affect sales?  Not even a little.  That was well beyond the point where they initially started selling the game, and I'm pretty sure going for the sex appeal (even the fetish appeal) is Koei's thing.  I'd say it was more like the icing on the cake for the PR distancing themselves from any actual relation to the public.  I'm sure even people who are into that were weirded out by it.

19 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I mean, I don't have very many issues with the game's roster (I kind of would prefer if the clones from Fates were kept to a minimum, though), but the comments I think you're referring to that imply the older games are "crappy" are complete and utter trollish trite.  I think all the games have some merit, and I don't believe there's a single "crappy" Fire Emblem.  They're all worthy enough to receive some characters, and I personally hope that from here on out they don't put in very many more Fates/Awakening characters until every game is repped by more than one character.  And I definitely hope we don't start getting half a dozen "variants" of, like, three characters like in Heroes.  Costumes don't count.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Hey, at least it's better than Valkyria Chronicle's 4 PR saying that they created an entirely new character of seemingly some importance in the overall plot... because they didn't have a poster girl for breast fanservice.

I wish I was joking, but the official JP twitter account actually said that.

Who was this "new character", and do you know if there's actually more to this character than fanservice?

I kind of stopped following discussions on that game due to spoilers.

57 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Who was this "new character", and do you know if there's actually more to this character than fanservice?

I kind of stopped following discussions on that game due to spoilers.

Minerva.

"Interesting to read that Minerva was not originally in the game and was added during development. The Twitter PR account (Nikola & Chiara's investigation diary) reveals (maybe sarcastically though) that Riley was the "stockings" girl, Kai was the "booty" girl and they were missing a "boobs" girl."

From the comments here (I did go back through at the time and google translate it to roughly the same result).

I'd personally say that's a lot more than talking about feet/legs.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/28/2018 at 8:33 AM, SlipperySlippy said:

There's absolutely merit to your deduction, but it's still a hard bargain since we can only make educated guesses.

A lot of "hardcore" Fire Emblem fans... are still fans of Awakening and Fates. I feel it's disingenuous to couple "veterans" and "veterans who dislike Awakening/Fates", when the latter is most definitely a vocal minority. 

What I think is the most believable reason for good sales is a combination of viral marketing, the booming success of the Switch & Fire Emblem: Heroes and Fire Emblem Warriors being a solid Warriors experience. Heroes has already pushed the franchise into mainstream media. And, if that games anything to go off of, Lyn looks like to be the most profitable character of the franchise considering the egregious number of alts. 

Man Lyn has nothing saber from FGO she has like 20 alts.