FE:W has achieved over one million sales worldwide

Jedi

This is surprising, but astounding news. I'm not sure if this means anything in the future but it just might be the push it'd need to get an expansion, more DLC or something.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

but it just might be the push it'd need to get an expansion, more DLC or something.

I'd like to hope if they do add more characters as DLC, the packs will come with sets of 4 playable characters instead of 3. Just to give a little more for people to play around with in the meantime, y'know?

Nice.

From what I can gather, the devs seem happy and it seems like the eventual step is FE Warriors 2 (note that this is just my guess). DLC is apparently over and there are no more plans for more.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Did Hyrule Warriors ever reach that number?

Hyrule Warriors reached a million sales as of January 2015. 

Anyway, this is good news. Glad to see FE Warriors finally break the one million mark.

I want to personally thank everyone who got the game. 

It's been a bit of a personal endevor of mine to get the word out, i'm not sure how many people I may have touched with the articles I did, but I did want to say thank you to even those who bought it for others as a gift. 

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Shipped, shipped, shipped.

... but that's still a really good sign. Plus that doesn't take virtual sales into account I'd assume.

Right. And I'm inclined to think that Nintendo is cautious about overshipping Switch games. Cartridges aren't cheap, after all, and have directly contributed to Switch ports often being more expensive to purchase than other console versions.

Impressive. I kinda assumed it would fall short of Hyrule Warriors because Fire Emblem isn't quite as big as Zelda, so I'm glad to be proven wrong.

In general I'm really happy with Fire Emblem being so alive and well sales-wise; seeing even a spinoff like hit these figures is a good sign for the future.

This is good news! Very good news. I hope this means that the Fire Emblem Warriors 2 will happen. And this time, let the other Fire Emblem come in. More support conversations, less clones, give special effects to all personal weapons, and more characters in. 

46 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

This is good news! Very good news. I hope this means that the Fire Emblem Warriors 2 will happen. And this time, let the other Fire Emblem come in. More support conversations, less clones, give special effects to all personal weapons, and more characters in. 

I agree! They don't even need to fix much, if they just have a Fire emblem Warriors game with you know, characters from every game, except only a few, everyone would be happy!

This is awesome! Now I really want that sequel that will have Ike in it! PLZ KOEI! And bring back everyone from the first game too so I can have both Ike and Freddy. <3

Holy hell, even though I tried to be optimistic I still thought it only had maybe a couple hundred thousand at most.

I guess all that gussying up of the forts really paid off.

Do we know what this number includes? I'm assuming it's overall including physical and digital sales of the game, as well as the downloadable content. 

Hopefully this means they've greenlit the sequel. I wouldn't mind new DLC, but only if it's just one more pack or so. The game's current interface isn't designed for it, they'd need a UI refresh and I doubt they'd do that outside a new game.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

This is awesome! Now I really want that sequel that will have Ike in it! PLZ KOEI! And bring back everyone from the first game too so I can have both Ike and Freddy. <3

Warriors games rarely get rid of characters outside of OC's. So, you're likely to keep Frederick.

7 minutes ago, dmurr said:

Do we know what this number includes? I'm assuming it's overall including physical and digital sales of the game, as well as the downloadable content.

When they say "units shipped", that always refers to retail copies, as you can't "ship" digital goods.  Same especially goes for downloadable content.

Nice to hear. I was always going to buy the game personally, slap the name Fire emblem on it Ill be in line.

But glad to hear that it sold well. Im not going to hold my breath for more DLC, but hopefully this means a sequel in the future. Or even just encouragement to do more crossover/spin off games for FE.

Edited by Tolvir

10 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Nice to hear. I was always going to buy the game personally, slap the name Fire emblem on it Ill be in line.

But glad to hear that it sold well. Im not going to hold my breath for more DLC, but hopefully this means a sequel in the future. Or even just encouragement to do more crossover/spin off games for FE.

I would be legitimately curious to see what crossovers Fire Emblem could have in the future. Hell, maybe they could do something as small as put the Falchion or Ragnell in Dark Souls Switch or Skyrim Switch. Maybe Ike, Marth, Lucina, or Robin could appear as a guest character in Soul Calibur. It's fun to think about.

Cool. Now we can put down the assumption that "Mario Kills Fire Emblem" eh? No genre overlap? No?

sigh...I mean, I want Mario Maker as a surprise Switch release this year, but y'all are gonna cry about it coming within a few weeks of FE Switch and just spare me.

27 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Warriors games rarely get rid of characters outside of OC's. So, you're likely to keep Frederick.

Yeah, I think I heard something like that once, which is good news for Freddy Bear alright! ^^