Need Help on Duma's Gate

So I'm on Duma's Gate on Celica's path (Act IV) and I have not been able to beat it. Any tips? Here's my team btw:

Celica: Lvl 8 Princess w/Silver Sword

Mae: Lvl 5 Priestess w/Blessed Ring

Boey: Lvl 8 Sage w/Rion Shield

Genny: Lvl 8 Saint w/Fugue Shield

Saber: Lvl 4 Dread Fighter w/Blessed Sword

Valbar: Lvl 1 Baron w/ Blessed Lance

Leon: Lvl 3 Bow Knight w/Silver Bow

Kamui: Lvl 1 Dread Fighter w/Steel Sword

Palla: Lvl 4 Falcon Knight w/Steel Lance

Catria: Lvl 4 Falcon Knight w/Silver Lance

Atlas: Lvl 3 Gold Knight w/Iron Lance

Jesse: Lvl 4 Dread Fighter w/Brave Sword

Est: Lvl 2 Falcon Knight w/Leather Shield

Deen: Lvl 2 Dread Fighter w/Iron Sword

Conrad: Lvl 7 Paladin w/ Javelin

Try and forge a Zweihander. It gives the skill Tigerstance which on something like a dread fighter, will kill absolutely anything. Forging your silver bow into a Killer Bow can also net you Hunter's Volley, which will basically kill anything, but from a great distance! Alternatively, if you're struggling because you're getting overwhelmed, I suggest trying to get your hands on a Longbow (forge a Steel Bow). That has a skill that immobilizes enemies, essentially taking them out of combat for a turn. I don't remember anything about the map specifically to give any strategies, as I don't remember having any trouble with it, but considering most of your units have reached third tier, you seem to be doing pretty well.

19 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Try and forge a Zweihander. It gives the skill Tigerstance which on something like a dread fighter, will kill absolutely anything. Forging your silver bow into a Killer Bow can also net you Hunter's Volley, which will basically kill anything, but from a great distance! Alternatively, if you're struggling because you're getting overwhelmed, I suggest trying to get your hands on a Longbow (forge a Steel Bow). That has a skill that immobilizes enemies, essentially taking them out of combat for a turn. I don't remember anything about the map specifically to give any strategies, as I don't remember having any trouble with it, but considering most of your units have reached third tier, you seem to be doing pretty well.

Who should hold said Zweihander

I actually just did this chapter the other night. The boss needs to go down ASAP since he's the biggest source of damage thanks to his AoE ability.
Did you pick up the mage ring? Equipping that will give one of your casters incredible range so that they can nuke the boss along with the help of Leon since his range is also excellent.

Also, try having as many of your casters equip rings as possible, instead of shields. This will cut down on how much healing you have to do after the boss's AoE, since they'll be able to heal themselves. And since the game gives you a warning when he's about to do it, you could move some of your physical units next to Genny beforehand. She'll automatically heal them a little at the start of the next turn.

2 hours ago, Nintenderper said:

Who should hold said Zweihander

What Tigerstance does is add Skill to your Attack to deal a tonne of extra damage. So theoretically, who ever has the best skill should use it as they'll deal the most damage. Practically speaking, however, any of your Dreadfighters should be dealing enough damage to one shot anyone that isn't Dragon Shield Jedah.

This map pretty much requires you to turtle the hell out of it to get through. That's honestly all the advice I can give. Just know that Duma's Gate has to be one of if not the absolute worst designed map in the entire franchise, and it isn't out of place to have trouble with it.

Edited by CatManThree

You could always use the revive shrine after you finish that chapter if some characters have died this could save unnecessary resets. Or you just could continue not every unit has to survive.

(only up to 3 units each can be revived on both Celica's and Alms paths) 

Yeah, I second CatManThree, slow and steady.

My Boey was AWESOME on this map though, the boss attacked him and he dodged and killed him with a critical and proceeded to do the same to a random arcanist right after that. I think he was holding a magic ring of some sort?