2018/19 NFL Season (the Buffalo Bills are worse than pizza with pineapple on it)

Life

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

I dunno what you mean by "passing behind the line on 3rd and 20" because I'm pretty sure it's logical to go for the riskier pass option with long to go. Otherwise, that's a start (only because I didn't exactly pay attention to the defense and haven't been watching too much with how busy I am), but you're not descriptive enough on preparation. What do the coaches specifically have to prep the players for? What can they control? How much are the players letting them control? And keep in mind you're talking about preparation that resulted in losses against very great teams (though you got me on the Browns unless you're factoring in the distractions).

Weren't you just arguing against that in our last conversation where I was ironically downplaying your kings claim? In any case, fair point, but finishing strong is very important.

And again we go to your perception of "mediocre" which I'm certain practically everyone else established as different from the norm here. 10-6 or better does not qualify as "not very good" in the eyes of many a person I've talked to, including in this thread. You're not going to get your wish now. You'll have talk about getting it when and if the losing gets out of hand (or the coaches get involved in a scandal, which is a different matter entirely).

So wait and see, or burn yourself out mentally calling for this now to our confusion.

I mean throwing a pass to someone behind the line of scrimmage. You have a very low chance of getting a first down or even much extra yardage for a punt in this case. And the coach preps the players to play, of course.

Huh? Arguing against penalties? What?

That record in itself is good, but when you then go one and done in the playoffs and some of those wins were ugly or close, it just feels meh.

Okay.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That record in itself is good, but when you then go one and done in the playoffs and some of those wins were ugly or close, it just feels meh.

Well, it would feel "meh" if you're used to always going to the playoffs. Which still tells me that you're unappreciative of this organization because some teams DON'T even get to be "one and done" in the post-season.

Like mine, as I've pointed out many times over.

34 minutes ago, Life said:

Well, it would feel "meh" if you're used to always going to the playoffs. Which still tells me that you're unappreciative of this organization because some teams DON'T even get to be "one and done" in the post-season.

Like mine, as I've pointed out many times over.

Yeah, true, I'll admit to being rather used to getting into the playoffs. But that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed/upset with the way we got there or with the way we end up losing the first game or whatnot.

@AnacybeleI'm not talking about penalties, I'm talking about the close wins stuff.

On 9/29/2018 at 12:03 AM, Anacybele said:

So? Having a few close wins doesn't mean you're not a great team.

On 9/30/2018 at 9:32 AM, Anacybele said:

Uh, duh? You think I don't know how bad our defense has generally been? Shazier didn't go down until December though, and most of those close games came at around that time of the season as well. We still made a deep playoff run and if it wasn't for the fact that the Jags are our kryptonite, we probably would've at least made the AFC title game again.

On 9/30/2018 at 7:18 PM, Anacybele said:

Saying they were the two best teams in the AFC does not mean saying they're on the same level. Pats were probably the best, with us at second best. But no other AFC team was as good.

Funny you mention we were the second best, we "made a deep playoff run" (in spite of losing the first game, which I acknowledge) and even justify our close wins to the point of saying we could have gone to the AFC title game, but one conversation about firing coaches later and suddenly we were mediocre last season?

That's not consistent.

12 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

@AnacybeleI'm not talking about penalties, I'm talking about the close wins stuff.

Funny you mention we were the second best, we "made a deep playoff run" (in spite of losing the first game, which I acknowledge) and even justify our close wins to the point of saying we could have gone to the AFC title game, but one conversation about firing coaches later and suddenly we were mediocre last season?

That's not consistent.

You misunderstand. I meant that we were a great team if we're only talking about last season. But if we're talking about other recent seasons along with that one, then you can see that the close and ugly wins are starting to pile up too much. One season alone doesn't mean much. But multiple recent ones? That's where I say we were mediocre overall. Sorry for the confusion.

Well, Week 5 is upon us and the Bills have the... 3-1 Titans?

Yeah, we gonna lose this one too.

QBs should be banned from ever taking timeouts. I rage every time I see a QB take a silly timeout when I know that I'll need it at the end of the half or game.

Edited by Life

Another day, another ridiculous set of penalties from this Steelers D... Though I call BS on the roughing call Watt got. He barely touched Matt Ryan's leg. It was literally a brush. Matt Ryan stumbled after, but he was still upright and it wasn't because of the hit. This roughing call crap is stupid and the NFL needs to stop defending it. :/

That was not a good throw, Ben. And Cleveland is going to make this division competitive. AFC North is fun this year.

• Life changed the title to 2018/19 NFL Season (At least we're punting well!)
44 minutes ago, Life said:

Why, what's happening? I'm paying attention to Bills/Titans (which is surprisingly competitive).

The Lions, the worst team in the division, are shutting out the Packers.

Which I'm cool with, but it just shows how every team is just fucked.

Edited by Slumber

8 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The Lions, the worst team in the division, are shutting out the Packers.

Which I'm cool with, but it just shows how every team is just fucked.

To be fair, it’s no thanks to the Packer’s kicker, who’s missed a whopping 3 field goals.

Just now, SilvertheShadow said:

To be fair, it’s no thanks to the Packer’s kicker, who’s missed a whopping 3 field goals.

It's been a bad season for kickers.

This "roughing the QB" penalty stuff is starting to get ridiculous. Jerry Hughes actually had to pull up on an obvious sack because he was worried about taking the penalty.

• Life changed the title to 2018/19 NFL Season (Clearly a good kicker is hard to find)
58 minutes ago, Life said:

Because of course we turn over the ball with 8 minutes left. What a Bills move.

This team is KILLING me.

Quit bitching. You still won the fucking game. Where was the offense, today? Why can't the O-line do it's job?

Edit: Yikes, Browns might tie another game. With the Ravens.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

1 minute ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Quit bitching. You still won the fucking game. Where was the offense, today? Why can't the O-line do it's job?

That was a close game. And remember, Allen still had to pull off his first career game-winning drive to pull it off.

This NFC Championship rematch is pretty boring so far.

Also I am still having a tough time digesting the fact that the Browns are an actual team now. A team that SHOULD have more wins than losses.

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, Life said:

This "roughing the QB" penalty stuff is starting to get ridiculous. Jerry Hughes actually had to pull up on an obvious sack because he was worried about taking the penalty.

I agree, the refs threw a roughing call on TJ Watt for just brushing Matt Ryan's leg. Matt Ryan stumbled, but that wasn't until over a second after. The brushing didn't cause it. What are defensive linemen supposed to do on the QB anymore?!

Besides this though, what a day for football. :P

Steelers blow out the Falcons 41-17, WOOT.

The Ravens lost to the Brownies in OT. lol

Graham Gano kicked a fucking 63 yarder to win for the Panthers!

sucks that it was the ravens that lost, but i'd pick the browns to win over any other team right now. i love an underdog.

this rams-hawks game is classic. sucks that we aren't humiliating them again, but it's been good. goff returning to form of overthrowing passes a bit lol.

Nevermind, this NFC Championship rematch is great.

If only this is how things turned out 9 months ago.

EDIT: Watch the Vikings lose this.

Edited by Slumber