2018/19 NFL Season (the Buffalo Bills are worse than pizza with pineapple on it)

Life

Conner is basically burning the Browns D all by himself now. lmao

There was no excuse for that botched kickoff earlier though. It's just lucky that it didn't cost this team much...so far.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I feel like home crowds naturally have plenty of unruly fans; they always seem to boo penalties against their team even when the replay proves that the penalties were right, for one thing. Regardless, it's wrong to judge every single person of a team fanbase to all be like each other. I don't care if you're talking about the Pats, Eagles, or the Bengals; they have their fair share of good eggs in spite of their respective reputations.

I also looked up "Green Bay" on Google, went into the news search and didn't see anything like that. Should I use other terms or something?

I don't know when I ever did that. I never said "Every single fan of Green Bay is awful", just that, collectively, as a group, the Packers have one of the most notorious fanbases in the NFL.

Look up "Titletown" and "Lambeau Field neighborhood". You'll get a bunch of Packers-related housing development stories that all serve to make Green Bay more Packers-centric. The Green Bay Packers have turned Green Bay into the Packers' Green Bay.

Edited by Slumber

Bears went from first to last, last week.  Now they have gone from last to first this week!  NFC North is going to be tight.  However after seeing the Packers vs Rams, the Packers look super strong and probably the best team in our division.  

i dunno, looking at it holistically, packers are too reliant on one or two players (you know who they are). even with 2 weeks of prep, they still weren't able to dominate once we got the safety. i don't have high hopes for them against the pats, despite how badly i want the pats to lose. 

i think each the nfcn doesn't know who the hell should be dominant. it seems to change week to week. 

Edited by Phoenix Wright

• Life changed the title to 2018/19 NFL Season (Rather than be mediocre and patch shit up with Band-Aids, the Buffalo Bills are finally garbage)

I couldn't even bring myself to watch the game last night. Just listened to the radio broadcast instead.

I miss watching football by just listening to the radio broadcast. Maybe I'll start doing that for the rest of the season because it hurts to watch this squad play.

9 hours ago, Phoenix Wright said:

i dunno, looking at it holistically, packers are too reliant on one or two players (you know who they are). even with 2 weeks of prep, they still weren't able to dominate once we got the safety. i don't have high hopes for them against the pats, despite how badly i want the pats to lose. 

i think each the nfcn doesn't know who the hell should be dominant. it seems to change week to week. 

It is true teams usually come out very strong after biweek.  However what wasn't surprising is Aaron Rodgers being good, it was more how great overall their defense seemed through much of the game.  They were getting a lot of pressure fairly consistently on Jared Goff, and they were mostly really good at containing runs up the gut.  

The Pats...it is always hard to bet against them.  If a team beats them it is almost never easy, and so often they completely take the opposing team out of their element and comfort zone.  Still I'm definitely watching the game.  The MJ promo was a nice touch hyping it as Rodgers vs Brady.  Though we know with football being the ultimate team sport it is pretty darn hard to make such comparisons.  

• eclipse changed the title to 2018/19 NFL Season (the Buffalo Bills are worse than pizza with pineapple on it)

Things seem to be going great for the Steelers right now after their 1-2-1 start. Not so sure about the whole "we need to change the staff around" business right now. :P But of course, we gotta keep this going as far as we can.

Also, looks like the Rams finally got taken down, huh...

well, the game was disappointing, but i think the most important thing is that i definitely saw the potential for a win from the rams there. the last 3 weeks could've gone either way, and it's because of our defense this time. peters needs to be better. our offense was on fire.

i don't mind a loss. it's ok for a superbowl-bound team to not look on top of things every once in a while. and tbh, this wasn't that bad a showing by the defense. they gave the saints a 21-point head start after all...

i wanna see a first round bye. i don't care how the season goes as long as we get that. when we meet the saints again we're taking the w.

On 10/30/2018 at 9:46 PM, Lewyn said:

It is true teams usually come out very strong after biweek.  However what wasn't surprising is Aaron Rodgers being good, it was more how great overall their defense seemed through much of the game.  They were getting a lot of pressure fairly consistently on Jared Goff, and they were mostly really good at containing runs up the gut.  

The Pats...it is always hard to bet against them.  If a team beats them it is almost never easy, and so often they completely take the opposing team out of their element and comfort zone.  Still I'm definitely watching the game.  The MJ promo was a nice touch hyping it as Rodgers vs Brady.  Though we know with football being the ultimate team sport it is pretty darn hard to make such comparisons.  

i'm confused by what happened in the 4th quarter. the packers were playing pretty amazingly up until 11 minutes left to the game. i don't follow the packers too closely, but that's pretty atypical, right?

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I just want the Lions to win next week so I can rub it into this obnoxious dude I know that the Packers are in last place in the division.

But the Lions will be playing the Bears, and the Dolphins are a toss up for the Packers next week, so I probably won't get my wish this season.

Holy crap, I did not expect the Steelers to be winning this game like this, let alone against the 6-2 Panthers. Hopefully (well, hopefully in my case) they don't let it go to their heads, even as they go to face the struggling Jaguars.

20 hours ago, Slumber said:

The Bills are now slightly better than pizza with pineapple on it. The Cardinals should be the new "Wow they're terrible" team.

what a weird week.

despite being terrible, i'm impressed they held the chiefs to the lowest score of the year.

21 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

That was a treat. The Titans held down the Pats the entire game and didn't give them the edge. That was a really good game, @chococoke.

i hate the titans but not anywhere close to how much i hate the pats! very uncharacteristic of them.

more rams defense woes. they've got a bad sense of "bend, don't break."

edit: weird flex but ok.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Man, Steelers aren't looking too well. Already some interceptions and no points overall the 1st half so far, even if the Jaguars, in spite of their record, have the 2nd best defense. At least we've held them to 9 points, but we need a wake-up call during halftime.

Edit: Man, that roughing the passer penalty was a bad call by the refs, and I say that as it saved us a turnover.

Edit 2: Holy snap, we just managed to snag that win amid everything. Phew...

Edited by NoirCore

sports are in danger of being bad and not okay

EDIT: SPORTS FUCKING SUCK

EDIT2: can anyone deep web hitman me real fast

EDIT3: no_sports.png

(courtesy destructiondragon360)

Edited by Integrity

i'm breaking forum rules and warning myself for it because sports suck and i hate them this week

EDIT: JYOSUA MADE ADMINS UNWARNABLE WHAT A MOTHERFUCKER

Edited by Integrity

3 minutes ago, Integrity said:

i'm breaking forum rules and warning myself for it because sports suck and i hate them this week

EDIT: JYOSUA MADE ADMINS UNWARNABLE WHAT A MOTHERFUCKER

That's sorta hilarious. Here, have a post to help you avoid double posting if you have any other remarks. :P

Worried about facing the Saints, though. They've been slamming down everyone in their path.

Well hey, look at that. 

Vikings win and Packers lose, all in the same game. This win also probably keeps the Packers out of the playoffs, so that's nice. 

Edited by Slumber