2018/19 NFL Season (the Buffalo Bills are worse than pizza with pineapple on it)

Life

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

i actually like our matchup the most now. i didn't wanna face the bears again tbh. now, if the eagles can take the saints, i think we've got something going...

Don't get me wrong. This is the matchup I wanted, but I didn't think the fans would be on me like this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001009544/article/steelers-president-open-to-trading-wr-antonio-brown

Wow, what is this. The guy that wrote this is a big idiot. For one thing, this team would never trade AB, he's too valuable. He just needs to calm his ass down. And the title is kind of misleading, as Rooney is just saying they're looking at options, not directly saying he's open to trading him. At the very least, I HOPE AB doesn't go anywhere. We've already lost Bell, I'm not ready to lose another star. And this team needs AB.

Lastly, we did NOT lose to the Bengals! How did he make this dumb mistake?

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001009544/article/steelers-president-open-to-trading-wr-antonio-brown

Wow, what is this. The guy that wrote this is a big idiot. For one thing, this team would never trade AB, he's too valuable. He just needs to calm his ass down. And the title is kind of misleading, as Rooney is just saying they're looking at options, not directly saying he's open to trading him. At the very least, I HOPE AB doesn't go anywhere. We've already lost Bell, I'm not ready to lose another star. And this team needs AB.

Lastly, we did NOT lose to the Bengals! How did he make this dumb mistake?

Can't say I agree with not trading AB. The guy is starting drama like Bell and apparently Porter did and by getting angry over something we don't even have clarity on. He did that weird "exclusive interview" teaser with the controversial James Harrison and there's a recent video of his knee being fine three weeks from the Pro Bowl he dropped out on due to said injury afterwards too and is causing quite a distraction. We may have already lost the AB we've known because if we keep him on, he might just bring us down. Trading him for something in return is a viable option, especially if his issues aren't fixed in which case they'll practically "lose" him anyways for nothing by keeping him on.

13 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Can't say I agree with not trading AB. The guy is starting drama like Bell and apparently Porter did and by getting angry over something we don't even have clarity on. He did that weird "exclusive interview" teaser with the controversial James Harrison and there's a recent video of his knee being fine three weeks from the Pro Bowl he dropped out on due to said injury afterwards too and is causing quite a distraction. We may have already lost the AB we've known because if we keep him on, he might just bring us down. Trading him for something in return is a viable option, especially if his issues aren't fixed in which case they'll practically "lose" him anyways for nothing by keeping him on.

...Seriously? How can you say we should trade a player like him? And has AB ever brought us down before? No, he hasn't. In fact, I'd say he's done more of the opposite, having single-handedly saved the day on some occasions. Christmas 2016 ring a bell, for example? He's also set up some of Boswell's game-winning FGs. That guy's been a big part of why this team's been Super Bowl level talent-wise.

Trading him at all is definitely not a viable option, you're not going to find talent like his to replace him. No current WR has played as well as he has over the years.

Don't get me wrong, he does need some attitude change right now. I don't like how he's behaving either. But we'll only bring ourselves down by trading him. The Rooneys need to tell him to knock it off and just keep playing at the level he has been.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Seriously? How can you say we should trade a player like him? And has AB ever brought us down before? No, he hasn't. In fact, I'd say he's done more of the opposite, having single-handedly saved the day on some occasions. Christmas 2016 ring a bell, for example? He's also set up some of Boswell's game-winning FGs. That guy's been a big part of why this team's been Super Bowl level talent-wise.

Trading him at all is definitely not a viable option, you're not going to find talent like his to replace him. No current WR has played as well as he has over the years.

Don't get me wrong, he does need some attitude change right now. I don't like how he's behaving either. But we'll only bring ourselves down by trading him. The Rooneys need to tell him to knock it off and just keep playing at the level he has been.

Wow, you did not like me agreeing with that guy (save for his lack of knowledge of facts), did you? I haven't even read the article. :P

Yes, seriously. It's not idiotic to consider with a distraction. Great player or not, if they're not behaving well, they might rebel on the field in terms of play, whether intentionally or not. Several years ago, Randy Moss was traded from the Pats to the Vikings and he didn't make much effort with playing since he did not want to play for them, despite the fact that he could clearly play better. I imagine there's plenty more examples of that in NFL history. It's not unreasonable to think AB could do the same with his recent antics, and it's not like the owners have a magic wand to fix whatever his problems are. Maybe his issues are unreasonable for him to have and it's his responsibility after the Rooneys or Tomlin (perhaps privately) told him to stop. In any case, the AB of today is not the AB of Christmas 2016 anymore, whether his play increased or decreased.

But I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. :P

8 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Wow, you did not like me agreeing with that guy (save for his lack of knowledge of facts), did you? I haven't even read the article. :P

Yes, seriously. It's not idiotic to consider with a distraction. Great player or not, if they're not behaving well, they might rebel on the field in terms of play, whether intentionally or not. Several years ago, Randy Moss was traded from the Pats to the Vikings and he didn't make much effort with playing since he did not want to play for them, despite the fact that he could clearly play better. I imagine there's plenty more examples of that in NFL history. It's not unreasonable to think AB could do the same with his recent antics, and it's not like the owners have a magic wand to fix whatever his problems are. Maybe his issues are unreasonable for him to have and it's his responsibility after the Rooneys or Tomlin (perhaps privately) told him to stop. In any case, the AB of today is not the AB of Christmas 2016 anymore, whether his play increased or decreased.

But I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. :P

No, I didn't like you saying AB should be traded. But I don't mean to be hostile or anything. I will admit AB's been my favorite player for several years now, so maybe I'm a bit biased.

Anyway, yeah, but I don't think AB is THAT immature. He's never had any off the field issues until now and he's been with us since 2010, about nine years now. I can't imagine that he'd suddenly become such a problem that he has to get canned. He also has a wife and kids, imagine how they'd feel if he pulled this kind of crap. Bell is single and can do what he wants, he doesn't have as much to lose. AB though? He'd probably lose quite a bit.

Besides, I do see where he's coming from in terms of being upset over missing the playoffs and stuff. He's been playing at top level for 8 years now, and still doesn't have a ring. I'd be upset too. I'd feel like no matter how well I do, something I can't control is holding me back, maybe coaching or teammates or whatever.

However, the way he's handling it is just no. He does need to chill out and take a deep breath and just play the game and hope for better.

We never seem to agree on much though, do we...? But yeah, I guess so.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No, I didn't like you saying AB should be traded. But I don't mean to be hostile or anything. I will admit AB's been my favorite player for several years now, so maybe I'm a bit biased.

Anyway, yeah, but I don't think AB is THAT immature. He's never had any off the field issues until now and he's been with us since 2010, about nine years now. I can't imagine that he'd suddenly become such a problem that he has to get canned. He also has a wife and kids, imagine how they'd feel if he pulled this kind of crap. Bell is single and can do what he wants, he doesn't have as much to lose. AB though? He'd probably lose quite a bit.

Besides, I do see where he's coming from in terms of being upset over missing the playoffs and stuff. He's been playing at top level for 8 years now, and still doesn't have a ring. I'd be upset too. I'd feel like no matter how well I do, something I can't control is holding me back, maybe coaching or teammates or whatever.

However, the way he's handling it is just no. He does need to chill out and take a deep breath and just play the game and hope for better.

We never seem to agree on much though, do we...? But yeah, I guess so.

He once sped over 100 MPH on a 45 MPH speed limit road earlier this year. And then he had that infamous "trade me and we'll see how good I am" tweet around the same time the Bell stuff happened. He's sorta sketchy recently, and all this stuff to pile on top of that isn't looking great.

I mean, I'm not obligated to agree with another Steeler fan often just because we support the same team; hell, I have seen many a Steeler fan online in some sort of comments section of a news site I was disgusted in on account of them acting illogical, biased, discriminatory, etc. due to the nature of sports fandoms. If you mean outside of sports as well, then who cares (except for moral matters, but I'm obviously not going to inquire about that here)? You have your opinions and I have mine, especially if they're on trivial matters. I'll question your logic at least if I find it odd and I care enough to inquire about it or someone else hasn't questioned you about it with similar points to me, but yeah, that's the way it is. I do agree with you on some stuff sometimes, even if I don't feel compelled to point it out often, but I do have my good share of opinions I disagree with you on.

10 hours ago, NoirCore said:

He once sped over 100 MPH on a 45 MPH speed limit road earlier this year. And then he had that infamous "trade me and we'll see how good I am" tweet around the same time the Bell stuff happened. He's sorta sketchy recently, and all this stuff to pile on top of that isn't looking great.

I mean, I'm not obligated to agree with another Steeler fan often just because we support the same team; hell, I have seen many a Steeler fan online in some sort of comments section of a news site I was disgusted in on account of them acting illogical, biased, discriminatory, etc. due to the nature of sports fandoms. If you mean outside of sports as well, then who cares (except for moral matters, but I'm obviously not going to inquire about that here)? You have your opinions and I have mine, especially if they're on trivial matters. I'll question your logic at least if I find it odd and I care enough to inquire about it or someone else hasn't questioned you about it with similar points to me, but yeah, that's the way it is. I do agree with you on some stuff sometimes, even if I don't feel compelled to point it out often, but I do have my good share of opinions I disagree with you on.

The speeding, that was dumb, I'll give you that. But I don't think it affected the team much.

That comment was made in response to some guy who said AB wouldn't be as good on another team because Ben. I'd make a similar response myself if someone said something like that about me.

Oh of course. And yeah, some fans on social media are stupid or illogical and all that. I totally agree there.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The speeding, that was dumb, I'll give you that. But I don't think it affected the team much.

That comment was made in response to some guy who said AB wouldn't be as good on another team because Ben. I'd make a similar response myself if someone said something like that about me.

Oh of course. And yeah, some fans on social media are stupid or illogical and all that. I totally agree there.

it wasn't just dumb, it was life threatening.

the steelers are an extremely unlikeable team. their star players just seem like assholes, save mah boi juju. captain fuck face seems like the biggest douche ever. i actually kinda side with bell, cause fuck (most) team owners, but don't like what he did to his teammates. i get it tho.

@The Dread Pirate Roberts yeah i get ya. kinda sucks that fans of a game are so hostile lol.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

21 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

the steelers are an extremely unlikeable team. their star players just seem like assholes, save mah boi juju. captain fuck face seems like the biggest douche ever. i actually kinda side with bell, cause fuck (most) team owners, but don't like what he did to his teammates. i get it tho.

Dude, was this all necessary? You can hate the Steelers, but I find it rude for you to shit on them towards a fan of the team.

AB is not an asshole, btw. He actually seems to be a really nice and fun guy. Kinda quiet too. He's got a wife and a few kids and he seems to always put them first. Not as sure about Bell, but James Conner did say he regularly texts him to praise him for what he's done over the season. So he might be a nice guy too, just not with his priorities quite straight.

Ben also is definitely no asshole, he's grown up quite a bit since his troublesome younger days. He's pretty humble and polite. Hell, he doesn't even seem to swear, as the one time I heard him mic'd up, he was going "gosh dang it!" and "crap" and stuff. He also doesn't bother with social media that much, though you don't have to in order to not be an ass. It just shows that he probably thinks he might use it too much if he did.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Phoenix Wright said:

it wasn't just dumb, it was life threatening.

@The Dread Pirate Roberts yeah i get ya. kinda sucks that fans of a game are so hostile lol.

Er, can you give examples (save for Ben's accusations which we're well aware of and would open a can of worms as well as Bell and Brown which you got me on as of recently, so points there)? Can't help but feel some aggression from you there and it's making me feel like you're saying I'm cheering for a team of scum. <:P 

42 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Er, can you give examples (save for Ben's accusations which we're well aware of and would open a can of worms as well as Bell and Brown which you got me on as of recently, so points there)? Can't help but feel some aggression from you there and it's making me feel like you're saying I'm cheering for a team of scum. <:P 

Yeah, this is basically how I feel too.

Besides, if any team is scum, it's the Bengals. Fuck them.

Edited by Anacybele

ben constantly throws his own teammates under the bus, among other things. brown is a diva. bell is a diva.

i mean, ben is scum, but the other players are mostly fine. and i did say star players to begin with. i don't think the steelers have more star players than the 3/4 i named (maybe they do, but i pay more attention to nfc football + afc west during the regular season).

almost every team has divas, but neither of you can deny the steelers have more drama than any other team.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

16 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this is basically how I feel too.

Besides, if any team is scum, it's the Bengals. Fuck them.

Way to make Bengals fans feel welcome here. :/ And if you're joking due to the strikethrough, it's not coming across well as a joke. I agree they have their share of jerks, but let's not stereotype whole teams by their notable players making news for the wrong reasons.

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Way to make Bengals fans feel welcome here. :/ And if you're joking due to the strikethrough, it's not coming across well as a joke. I agree they have their share of jerks, but let's not stereotype whole teams by their notable players making news for the wrong reasons.

Lord Raven insults the Bengals all the time too, dude. It's no big deal. And I didn't say that to a Bengals fan's face like Phoenix Wright here is doing to us about the Steelers. That's still worse. And I don't see you calling him out much.

Edited by Anacybele

lmao are we really gonna sit here and pretend what i'm doing is wrong? i don't care what team you root for: ben roethlisberger is fucking trash. not as a steeler, but as a human. liking him is akin to liking chris brown or kareem hunt. actually, it's worse than hunt because he at least is trying to change. sorry your sports team employs scum--they all do, or at least they all have. it's okay to like the steelers and not like the shitty people on the steelers. if you like ben, maybe you should think why being good at a sport excuses him from horrible behavior.

also, it's worse to talk shit behind one's back in general, so i'd rather do it here knowing there are steelers fans.

to further explain my points: a lot of my 'heroes' have disgraced themselves, or are close to it. louis ck (which is more subtle than the rest but i'm still not happy with him), neil degrasse tyson, richard feynman, to name a few. i used to look up to those people, but it's impossible upon learning what kind of people they are/were.

even worse, chuck berry, jimmy page, david bowie. it's a tough pill to swallow, i understand that, but you two are being soft if you can't accept that your organization isn't perfect.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

21 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

lmao are we really gonna sit here and pretend what i'm doing is wrong? i don't care what team you root for: ben roethlisberger is fucking trash. not as a steeler, but as a human. liking him is akin to liking chris brown or kareem hunt. actually, it's worse than hunt because he at least is trying to change. sorry your sports team employs scum--they all do, or at least they all have. it's okay to like the steelers and not like the shitty people on the steelers. if you like ben, maybe you should think why being good at a sport excuses him from horrible behavior.

Are you really basically saying I'm a shitty human for liking Ben? Because I do like him and I don't think he's trash at all. This is extremely rude of you and you need to just stop. And Ben was an idiot when he was younger, but he's grown the fuck up since then. Also, in no way am I saying the Steelers organization is perfect. It's far from it.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but I just went through an unrelated shitty experience and am in no mood for this kind of crap.

This all I'm saying. I have no intention of responding any further on this subject.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

dude hasnt changed at all. you gotta open your eyes.

sorry you went through a shitty experience though. hope everything works out.

I doubt you follow him as closely as I do. I watch a lot of his press conferences, seen lots of photos and videos of him, and all that stuff. I'm a fan of his team and you root for a different one. I think I'd know better than you what he's like.

Thank you though.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Lord Raven insults the Bengals all the time too, dude. It's no big deal. And I didn't say that to a Bengals fan's face like Phoenix Wright here is doing to us about the Steelers. That's still worse. And I don't see you calling him out much.

Because I haven't been active around here when Raven does it or actually noticed him doing it to the level you did? I feel like it's more of the former if not entirely such, so it's not exactly fair in that case (especially if it's from long ago, in which case that's even less of a reason to call him out). And just because there isn't a Bengals fan here doesn't mean someone of that sort who is actually respectable could come along any time, see that, and not feel welcome, even if the amount of NFL fans on this forum isn't exactly plentiful.

@Phoenix WrightOkay, then at least answer me this. Can you point out why he's scum outside of those sexual assault allegations with sources? Anything underhanded he's done since that I may not be aware of? Not necessarily denying such a possibility, just curious.

Edited by NoirCore

9 hours ago, NoirCore said:

sexual assault allegations

And there was never proof he even did these either. Heck, I read that one of the girls that accused him later said she lied about it to try getting his money. Though where I heard that, I'm not sure now because it was years ago that I found that out.