2018/19 NFL Season (the Buffalo Bills are worse than pizza with pineapple on it)

Life

8 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

...the hell?

The article does not imply in any way that only people of certain races can commit domestic violence. I do not understand how you came to that conclusion. I asked you to reread because it mentions it can occur between sexual partners, which if I understand correctly includes a woman and a man whom the woman had a baby with, which is the case here.

Please think carefully before you just out and accuse people of racism.

Then you shouldn't go saying things like "only certain people commit domestic violence." That comes off as racist or discriminatory.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then you shouldn't go saying things like "only certain people commit domestic violence." That comes off as racist or discriminatory.

That isn't even exactly what I said. "Domestic violence doesn't apply to just anyone." was my actual quote. That in no way means I implied race is a factor let alone the only factor communicated here and can very understandably imply the people should be in some sort of relationship first including having a baby, which is what the story on AB was clearly about.

You effectively accused me of racism for no good reason because you jumped to conclusions on poor, uncertain logic off a misquote. We're done talking here. I'm very disappointed, and I do not regret my choice of words you so criticized me for.

10 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

That isn't even exactly what I said. "Domestic violence doesn't apply to just anyone." was my actual quote. That in no way means I implied race is a factor let alone the only factor communicated here and can very understandably imply the people should be in some sort of relationship first including having a baby, which is what the story on AB was clearly about.

You effectively accused me of racism for no good reason because you jumped to conclusions on poor, uncertain logic off a misquote. We're done talking here. I'm very disappointed, and I do not regret my choice of words you so criticized me for.

Yeah, and those words implied to me that you think only certain people can be accused of it. If I misunderstood, I'm sorry, but I'm surprised you don't even get why I saw it the way I did. But fine, I don't want to talk about this anymore either, before it gets too out of control.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and those words implied to me that you think only certain people can be accused of it. If I misunderstood, I'm sorry, but I'm surprised you don't even get why I saw it the way I did. But fine, I don't want to talk about this anymore either, before it gets too out of control.

Well, that's right. Certain people can only be properly accused of that, which easily includes people who were in a relationship with the person they are inflicting it on are included in the group of those certain people, as said in the article. What the article does not mention (not to mention I never said anything about it) is anything about race in a similar capacity. You cannot be reasonably surprised when there are so many other logical conclusions to jump to that were actually mentioned more relevantly instead of race of all things. The only logical surprise is mine and anyone else's to your logic for thinking it's reasonable to accuse me of racism.

Now I'm done speaking on this. Point is, AB has made too many mistakes that were his responsibility to avoid and he didn't bother following said responsibilities. Because of this, he's not worth keeping on the team when he's only going to hurt it. Not going to respond to any more of your takes on this for now.

You would think someone (and because that person is the thickest person I know, I'm specifically referring to Anacybele) who habitually gets into arguments where the other person is clearly responding with a sense of irritation would realize they are the common denominator in all this. But nope, instead of trying to learn, Ana, you just try to be right. I don't care what you think you're trying to do, it is very clear to the rest of us that your inhibited pride takes over whenever anyone disagrees with you and you end up getting into a back and forth with them that straight up hijacks threads and chats. Please go and see a psychiatrist of some sort and spend the next two years fixing yourself and going outside. I'm not responding to what you think of this like ever, for the record, because I've already argued with you enough for a lifetime and I am 100% sick and tired of seeing you speak. I don't care if I get warned for saying this but there really should be a label on your profile as someone who always manages to make a discussion worse simply by being there.

@NoirCore what do you think of Pitt trying to transition tag Bell? I have no idea why they don't just let him go and get the compensatory pick bc it's very clear Bell will not play for Pitt under any circumstance. They'll get a third round pick from him most likely. And the more they do this bullshit the more likely the 2021 season will be cancelled.

(I also hope these Bell to Ravens rumors aren't true unless we truly spend the off-season completely reworking Jackson's throwing mechanics from scratch bc if we want to run the option Bell is *not* at all the ideal back for it even if he is one of the best in the league)

Edited by Lord Raven

21 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

You would think someone (and because that person is the thickest person I know, I'm specifically referring to Anacybele) who habitually gets into arguments where the other person is clearly responding with a sense of irritation would realize they are the common denominator in all this. But nope, instead of trying to learn, Ana, you just try to be right. I don't care what you think you're trying to do, it is very clear to the rest of us that your inhibited pride takes over whenever anyone disagrees with you and you end up getting into a back and forth with them that straight up hijacks threads and chats. Please go and see a psychiatrist of some sort and spend the next two years fixing yourself and going outside. I'm not responding to what you think of this like ever, for the record, because I've already argued with you enough for a lifetime and I am 100% sick and tired of seeing you speak. I don't care if I get warned for saying this but there really should be a label on your profile as someone who always manages to make a discussion worse simply by being there.

So simply because I misunderstood NoirCore here and disagreed with him, I'm incapable of learning and just want to be right? You apparently missed the part where I said I was sorry if I misunderstood. His words came off to me one way, the way he apparently did not intend. What's so horrible about that? Like I said, I apologize for the mistake.

I don't need a psychiatrist. I'm not in need of any mental help, I've felt perfectly fine. And I'd love to get out of this house more if I had a job and the weather wasn't so cold and shitty a lot lately.

And maybe I'm 100% sick of people just labeling me the way you're trying to for petty reasons. That doesn't do any of us any favors, you know.

I agree on Bell, the Steelers need to just let him go already. He clearly will not play for them anymore. Though I can't bring myself to care all that much since I've lost some respect for this organization. Too much stupid drama and too much awful coaching. Winning or losing doesn't matter, I'm just tired of all the drama and Tomlin not being able to control it. I'd rather cheer for a less embarrassing group for right now. Go Panthers.

Edited by Anacybele

Due to some RL issues, I've asked for the other mods to look at this.  In the meantime, I'm going to lock this topic.  Whether it gets unlocked will be determined by whether or not another mod wants to chime in.