2018/19 NFL Season (the Buffalo Bills are worse than pizza with pineapple on it)

Life

That's what I thought about James Harrison when he left again too. >_> But Bell is a different person and position, so who knows.

Edited by Anacybele

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, this Cleveland squad actually has an offense. New look for them.

McCarron didn't look bad on his first series but honestly, I think this is Peterman's job to lose. And I get to see Peterman all 2nd half against 3rd stringers so I want to see what he can really do.

WR battle is starting to get hilarious for WR#2 (considering that Kelvin is a weak #1). Zay Jones, Andre Holmes, Corey Coleman... this WR corps isn't that bad this year.

48 minutes ago, Life said:

McCarron didn't look bad on his first series but honestly, I think this is Peterman's job to lose. And I get to see Peterman all 2nd half against 3rd stringers so I want to see what he can really do.

WR battle is starting to get hilarious for WR#2 (considering that Kelvin is a weak #1). Zay Jones, Andre Holmes, Corey Coleman... this WR corps isn't that bad this year.

Reminder that the Browns nearly beat the Steelers in the preseason last year, and won all of their other games, the first of which was against THE SAINTS. 

The Browns, like the toddlers they are, will tire themselves out before the regular season starts. 

17 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Reminder that the Browns nearly beat the Steelers in the preseason last year, and won all of their other games, the first of which was against THE SAINTS. 

The Browns, like the toddlers they are, will tire themselves out before the regular season starts. 

Dude, you don't understand.

Tyrod Taylor
Carlos Hyde

Jarvis Landry

Josh Gordon (if he comes back)

A slew of promising WRs especially Calloway (if he can keep his shit together)

Offensively, this team can move the ball. Not on us because we're keeping the first team out so that Edmunds can learn how to command this defense (and he is a physical BEAST). But don't underrate this team. This is not the same squad as last year's.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT!

Marcus Murphy just froze everyone with a stutter step and almost hit the promised land 30 yards out because of it. Shady, this kid's coming for your job.

Edited by Life

14 minutes ago, Life said:

Dude, you don't understand.

Tyrod Taylor
Carlos Hyde

Jarvis Landry

Josh Gordon (if he comes back)

A slew of promising WRs especially Calloway (if he can keep his shit together)

Offensively, this team can move the ball. Not on us because we're keeping the first team out so that Edmunds can learn how to command this defense (and he is a physical BEAST). But don't underrate this team. This is not the same squad as last year's.

It's not like the Browns have lacked meaningful talent these last few years. I mean, they largely have, but they weren't out and out as dysfunctional as the 49ers or Rodgers-less Green Bay. I don't even think it's Jackson's fault or any of the coordinators. 

But something about putting on that gross brown helmet ruins people. Maybe they're too tight. Maybe they're like a cursed item. It's the basketball that steals talent from Space Jam, only there's about 4 dozen of them and nobody gains the power lost like the Monstars. 

Here's a storyline for you.

If Buffalo somehow manages to win the Superbowl with one of these three QBs, we can attribute it to the Browns forgetting to submit paperwork on time to sign AJ McCarron a year ago and giving Buffalo the chance to hold a proper QB tryout.

2 hours ago, Life said:

Fuck that, they have to deal with captain checkdown at QB and captain dumbass at coach...  though Tyrod may try to test deep now that he has 2 gigantic receivers and landry in the slot.

Still, I really have no faith in the Browns if Hue Jackson and Todd Haley are on the team. Todd Haley's abrasiveness mixed with Hue Jackson having no clue what the fucks going on is gonna be a bad combination.

1 minute ago, Lord Raven said:

Fuck that, they have to deal with captain checkdown at QB and captain dumbass at coach...  though Tyrod may try to test deep now that he has 2 gigantic receivers and landry in the slot.

Still, I really have no faith in the Browns if Hue Jackson and Todd Haley are on the team. Todd Haley's abrasiveness mixed with Hue Jackson having no clue what the fucks going on is gonna be a bad combination.

Since Flutie, I had 17 years of Captain Checkdowns. Trust me, Tyrod isn't as bad as guys like Trent Edwards or JP Losman.

1 hour ago, Life said:

Since Flutie, I had 17 years of Captain Checkdowns. Trust me, Tyrod isn't as bad as guys like Trent Edwards or JP Losman.

From what I've seen, he's not any better or worse. I would say his playstyle imitated 2016/early 2017 Flacco a lot. and Flacco had a bad back and recovering from an ACL tear in those seasons.

He doesn't throw many picks; he doesn't throw downfield nearly enough. He was completely flaccid in the playoffs, and wasn't impressive with his 2016 receiving corps who later went off with Goff the next year.

Also McCarron broke his collarbone, jesus.

Edited by Lord Raven

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:39 AM, Lord Raven said:

From what I've seen, he's not any better or worse. I would say his playstyle imitated 2016/early 2017 Flacco a lot. and Flacco had a bad back and recovering from an ACL tear in those seasons.

He doesn't throw many picks; he doesn't throw downfield nearly enough. He was completely flaccid in the playoffs, and wasn't impressive with his 2016 receiving corps who later went off with Goff the next year.

Also McCarron broke his collarbone, jesus.

McCarron wasn't going to win the starting job. 95% certain this is Peterman's now. He even managed to score with the training squad guys but that was a blown coverage so... yeah.

Allen's arm is electric, though.

Eh well if you're lucky, then you may end up with Peterman getting sick and Allen having Flacco's rookie season all over again. Hopefully not with the playoff run included, unless it means knocking the Patriots or Dolphins out of the division title.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the pre-season is over(For my team), I can't wait to see them in full.

The Vikings were already stacked last year, and they've somehow managed to get even better on paper, still getting better sporadically with high quality nabs out of nowhere like Iloka. They basically trimmed all the fat and put on more muscle. Really want to see how Cousins pulls the team together this year.

Or I'll just watch them crash and burn again. What's that? They're far and away consistently the best team in the history in the NFL with no Super Bowl wins? Yeah, probably crash and burn.

It looks like with Khalil Mack holding out, the Browns are showing interest of acquiring him. With the Browns having a pretty respectable defense, that would be scary.  

2 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

It looks like with Khalil Mack holding out, the Browns are showing interest of acquiring him. With the Browns having a pretty respectable defense, that would be scary.  

the raiders arent gonna trade him away

he's gonna sit out a few games, the raiders will have like zero sacks or picks, and throw a 25 million dollar contract at him

anyway the ravens are lowkey really really stacked, the young guys from last year developed hard and our wide receiving corps actually exists and complements each other

our schedule is tough but W A T C H   O U T the last time Flacco was in a do or die year this happened

(random homer fact of the day: Flacco has the most consecutive playoff games with 2 touchdown passes at 8, and he's #2 (would've been far and away #1 if Torrey Smith could tap his toes in bounds for once) for most consecutive playoff games with 3 td passes

we're gonna make waves

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

The Vikings were already stacked last year, and they've somehow managed to get even better on paper, still getting better sporadically with high quality nabs out of nowhere like Iloka.

fuck george iloka, glad hes out of our division

Edited by Lord Raven

LANDRY JONES GOT THE BOOT, AW YEAH. I never liked him and Steeler Nation in general didn't either! I knew he was going to go too! I knew it! I was telling some of my folks this, and my stepdad disagreed because Jones knew the system. But I argued that Dobbs and Rudolph were playing much better, Dobbs in particular after just one year, and I'd rather have them learn the system and be better than Jones than keep Jones around just to suck simply because he already knows the system. Also, they wouldn't drop Rudolph after they traded up in the draft to get him, and Dobbs just looked too good to cut period. Plus, he's only in year 2, like I said.

But YES! Right call, Tomlin and Colbert! It's time for Josh Dobbs and Mason Rudolph to be the backup QBs and keep grooming them to one day compete for the starting role over Ben. Ben finally has solid backups that can do their job if we need them to as well! Both Dobbs and Rudolph lit it UP on Thursday night. Dobbs also looked like Cam Newton Jr. lol

I also still demand that Rudolph put on antlers and a red nose for Christmas! :P

Good riddance, Jones, you had your chance to improve.

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Ummmmmm, about that...

...  yeah i'm caught off guard, but at least they got two firsts

but this year the raiders are gonna tank (on defense)

EDIT: also i'd rather be wrong than have mack in the AFC lol

EDIT 2: I thought about this some more. Raiders are trying to rebuild again -- their 2016 season was pretty much a fluke in some ways considering all the close games they won, they were still 2nd in their division at 12-4 and likely would've flamed out at the divisional round if Carr stays healthy. 6-10 is probably closer to the kind of team they are and Gruden's probably trying to rebuild, also having 25% of your cap in two players is a problem. Lots of picks with your franchise QB might be better than a franchise QB and pass rusher taking 25% of your cap.

Bears have a QB on a rookie contract, and might be trying to ride this window for the next 4 years.

Edited by Lord Raven

GAME DAY FOOLS

Congrats, we all made it. What a horrifying offseason it was, and hopefully the last one where Eagles fans are champions. Nothing beats Week 1 imo.

Also I've returned to my ways of foolish football gambling. This week's pick is Browns Straight Up, (+160) the Steelers are notoriously bad on the road and the wind is going to be a legitimate factor, hampering both teams' passing games. I think the combination of Tyrod Taylor + Hyde/Chubb/Duke Johnson will be too much to handle for Pittsburgh's defense. Of course, I only make terrible bets so who really knows how this will turn out.

Everyone enjoy your Glorious Sabbath

Well that wasn't pretty, but I'll take it. Defense still looks great outside of allowing that big run, but the offense needs work across the board. I really hope we have Fournette back next week we can't punt seven straight times against the Pats.