New Legendary Hero: Lyn, Lady of the Wind

Poimagic

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Told y'all it wouldn't be Takumi.

...Though my reasons ended up being completely off. One, I didn't think colored bows would be implemented this way. Two, he'd so recently gotten an alt, but so has Lyn.

I definitely expected Lyn to get a legendary alt eventually, just not this soon. Still gonna pull for her.

Uh oh, it's someone's nightmare, too much Lyn

Remember when I said that Legendary Heroes only use the same weapon as their normal versions?

WELP. THAT'S OUT THE WINDOW. :P

Spd Tactic!!!! Darn, it had to be on the worst banner possible. 

Lyn herself looks ok, her skills are pretty nice considering that the way this game works it heavily favors sticking together but her stats will tell how good she'll be in practice. Also B!Lyn for sure will get this new Mulagir down the line so meh.

Edit: I'd like to get more merges for Eirikalter and also get Witch Celica but I may have to skip on them because Spd Tactic will make my arena team perfect.

Edited by Alexmender

Came for the sweetness, staying for the salt.

Definitely pulling on this. Plenty of units I don't have and even the ones I do I don't mind getting more of. Micaiah can pity break me anytime.

On one hand, yay, a great addition to Lyn Emblem - now Lyn Emblem can have a unit of each color.

On the other hand, boo - Brave Lyn merges may have to wait. Doesn't help that Lady of the Wind is a legendary hero.

Edited by Roflolxp54

So we've got:

Green:
Lyn (Legendary)
Henry (Halloween)
Inigo

Red:
Ike (Legendary)
Eirika (Sacred Memories)
Celica (Fallen)

Blue:
Shigure (Performing Arts)
Micaiah
Ephraim (Legendary)

Colorless:
Jakob (Halloween)
Genny
Robin (Legendary)

Definitely pulling green, I want Lyn and I only have Inigo of the three.

Skipping red. I want Celica but not badly enough and I have the other two.

Blue. Ugh. I really want Shigure but I have the other two already. Not sure.

I want Jakob and Robin, so I'll pull colorless, and Genny is always good for Wrathful Staff.

I didn't think it'd be Takumi because he isn't prominent enough really. I'd be surprised if anyone but the two or three most prominent characters in each game were eligible, and for Fates that'd just be the Corrins and Azura probably.

Anyway, I'm not fussed either way about the new Lyn, will happily take her if she turns up, but the reason I will burn all my orbs on this (sorry Ayra) is Eirika, then Jakob and Henry. Genny and Micaiah would be okay too, as would be a better Ephraim. Dancers and Celica are meh, and I have enough Ikes for now. All that means I can't really snipe though, so it's immaterial, I'll probably do full sessions all the way through.

Lyn gets +9 Atk and Spd when baiting enemies though, blimey!

God, do I go for this, or continue for Hinoka? This banner has 5 units that I’d want, but It’s a legendary banner, and only the 1st legendary banner and the 3rd one had good 5 star hauls. The other has my waifu and it’s a regular banner, but she’ll come back another time

Well my bet for colored bow was either Lyn or Takumi so I can't say I am surprised.  I will be going for H!Jakob, F!Grima and L!Ephraim I will pull green some because I don't have a wind legendary hero, but I won't be going for greens unless they show up.  Colorless is what I will pull most.

*senses the salt storm*
*smiles*

Did anyone doubt that Lyn would get a Legendary variant? It's just a bit of weird timing, that's all, considering the last banners were Awakening and Fates. I honestly thought of Ryoma since he has no alts yet and Bows were getting Colors.

That being said, I'm very afraid of her. If her bulk is anywhere passable she is going to be an EP monster. Give her the DD Seal she gets +10 damage reduction with +9 Atk & Spd.

The selection itself is ... fine, I guess. There are some really good units in there (H!Jakob, Micaiah) but everything else is pretty meh.

Poor Eliwood once again ignored in favour of the female lord, That said I don't think I will pull green, a duplicate H! Henry would be nice for arena score but I don't have any use for an Inigo dupe, red is an obviously not because Ike is still there, blue is good for once and colourless looks really good 

Introdasting. I expected a Legendary Wind Lyn at some point, but I didn't expect it to be so soon, nor did I expect her to be the introduction of coloured bows. I guess Lyn Emblem got the green it was missing.

Anyway, now I'm left wondering who to put my orbs towards. I was hoping the new Legendary would be someone I wouldn't care about so I could just focus on Grima, but I do kinda like Lyn. On one hand, I have two Lyns (Brave and Valentines), and she shares her colour with Inigo (a character I already have) and Henry (a character I kinda like, but a variant I don't particularly care for), and on the other, I have both regular Robins and male Grima, and she shares her colour with Genny (a character I already have) and Jakob (a character I don't care for in a variant I don't care for). Ech, decisions are hard. Might go for Lyn since Gunnthra will be taking her place in the next Legendary banner, and unless the next Legendary is colourless again, Grima will probably be rerun next time.

We don't give out prizes for stuff like this, do we?

On 2/27/2018 at 12:39 AM, Johann said:

I definitely expect to see Lyn as the Wind hero in two months though.

On 3/22/2018 at 4:10 PM, Johann said:

I'm still expecting Legendary Lyn for next month.

Definitely pulling colorless, I really want all three of those! Any of the blue or green would be nice as well, especially Henry or Shigure. I’m not pulling red since I already have all of them.

Now I really wish I hadn’t wasted so many orbs trying to get the other Shigure :(  (is around 150 usually enough to get at least one focus unit? That’s all I’ve got left right now.)

Red: 

• FH! Celica: not in need of any more sword units but don't mind getting her
  • L! Ike: content with my neutral IV one so prefer to not get him. 
  • SM! Eirika: could replace my -ATK nature so don't mind

Blue: 

• L! Ephraim: like to get him
  • Micaiah: hoping to get her because she has nice artwork and a cool personal tome. 
  • PA! Shigure: Dancers are always nice but won't be disappointed to get him. 

Green:

• L! Lyn: Definitely want her, mainly because of her gorgeous artwork. 
  • H! Henry: need more armor units
  • PA! Inigo: same thing as Shigure

Colorless:

• L! Grima: don't mind getting her
  • Genny: please stay away from me, already have 2 of her
  • H! Jakob: don't mind. 
9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Does this mean people will start complaining about too many Lyns instead of Lucinas?

It could go either way. Some people have bias against certain characters (Camilla for me) while others might stop complaining. 

As much as I like Lyn, I think they're using her too much. 

The characters who don't need any more alts IMO are: Lyn, Lucina, Chrom, Camilla, Ike and Azura. 

Edited by Paris

...Really? FIVE god damn Lyns now?

I am extremely disappointed. This could've easily been someone else. Ryoma, Takumi, Marth, etc... Two of these guys don't even have one alt yet. Also, this one couldn't possibly be better than CYL Lyn since she has a horse. So useless regardless.

I'm only doing the free pull since there are zero characters I want from this.