New Legendary Hero: Lyn, Lady of the Wind

Poimagic

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my own reference as much as anything:

Buff Ike - I already have three, though the best is Def/HP. Don't feel the need for another just yet.

Horse Eirika - Red horse mage is one of the last niches I need to fill in my barracks, she's essential.

Evil Celica - Don't have her, but I don't particularly need nor want another infantry sword (other than Ayra for being the best one).

Horse Ephraim - Mine is HP/Atk which is quite poor, so I'd be happy to see another. Would be a big help for arena scoring too during Fire weeks.

OG Shigure - Don't have, don't particularly want, but wouldn't complain too hard either if he showed.

Micaiah - One of my biggest regrets of the year is spending a three-digit amount of orbs trying for her. Never mind that I didn't get her, even if I did it would probably be a poor decision in hindsight as she doesn't really fill a role I need. It's even more foolish because it might have cost me a Horse Eirika in the subsequent banner. That said, if she turned up here, I'd be totally fine with it.

Green Bowlyn (I really need better shorthand for her now that Bowlyn is ambiguous) - While I'm not too convinced about the utility of coloured bows, it's something new and thus something I'd like to try out. No rush though, not a must-have given I'm well served for green mages. Would prefer a future coloured bow who is not infantry.

Inigo - Got a +1 already from his launch banner, and while +Res -HP isn't stellar, it's hardly relevant on him, so meh.

Halloween Henry - Other than red horse mage, the other glaring hole in my barracks is ranged armour. Not quite as high a priority because I rarely use armoured units voluntarily, but still the second most important thing I need.

Female Grima - Got a +Res -HP one last month that I'm fairly happy with, but wouldn't say no to a merge.

Genny - Tricky one as I don't see myself using her much as an offensive weapon, but then I wouldn't fodder her away unless I got multiple. More of a novelty pull for now I think.

Halloween Jakob - See Henry.

My only real complaint is that I have to wait another week for Kaze

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Green Bowlyn (I really need better shorthand for her now that Bowlyn is ambiguous)

Wind Lyn? Lyngend? Lawyer Lyn?

Green:
Lyn (Legendary) - Going to depend on the stats
Henry (Halloween) - Would like more copies
Inigo - Bleh

Red:
Ike (Legendary) - Warding Stance fodder would be nice
Eirika (Sacred Memories) - Meh
Celica (Fallen) - Wouldn't mind having a few of those B skills kicking around for fodder

Blue:
Shigure (Performing Arts) - Bleeeeeh
Micaiah - Gimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimme
Ephraim (Legendary) - Meh

Colorless:
Jakob (Halloween) - Would like more copies
Genny - I'll take it if I get another one, don't need her though
Robin (Legendary) - Sure why not, I'll take one

Green and Blue for sure, probably a few colourless. Assuming I pull on this at all, I'm still holding off to see if they throw in anything else for Golden Week or not.

Well, I'm hyped for this. On one hand, another Lyn is a little disappointing, but still I do quite like Lyn.

Red - Overall, eh. Nice fodder, but no characters I particularly want.
Celica - Eh. I like my normal Celica better.
Ike - Warding breath fodder, which is appreciated, but eh
Eirika - Swift Sparrow fodder or maybe a better IV. But eh

Blue - Mixed, honestly. Will depend on my mood.
Ephraim - Seems like a good unit, but blue cavs is not something I really need--Camus, Rein, and now Finn keep me covered well enough even if Eph is better than two of them--and not a huge fan of him. Actually having a fire hero to round out one of each element would be nice though.
Micaiah - Eh, regular character, not a fan of that outfit of hers, and she's not exactly one of my favorites.
Shigure - Got him and with pretty solid IVs so he'd probably just be a merge.

Green - YES!
Lyn - I want her so much.
Henry - Have a pretty solid one, but armor march fodder.
Inigo - Have wanted one for a while.

Colorless - Eh. Will probably avoid.
Grima - I like her art, but I think Hinoka will be my colorless flier of choice. She also seems like she's kind of a disappointment as a unit.
Genny - Eh. She's a regular character, and what I'd want her for most is for wrathful staff fodder and I doubt I'd be getting two of her.
Jakob - Got him and with okay IVs. I wouldn't mind one with better IVs, but not enough that I really have any desire for him.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. #morethan4

There isn't a pattern anymore. Legendary heroes don't have to be connected to a banner of the same month

Lmfao ?, a 5th Lyn and she's a legendary hero with insane skills. I'm definitely heading over to GameFaqs and Reddit to bask in all of the salt. 

I'm gonna try and hold my orbs until the last day or so to see if anything pops up during golden week. If nothing of interest pops up then I'm going to pull green, Lyn's animations are amazing and I really want Henry for armor emblem shenanigans.

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

Lmfao ?, a 5th Lyn and she's a legendary hero with insane skills. I'm definitely heading over to GameFaqs and Reddit to bask in all of the salt. 

I'm gonna try and hold my orbs until the last day or so to see if anything pops up during golden week. If nothing of interest pops up then I'm going to pull green, Lyn's animations are amazing and I really want Henry for armor emblem shenanigans.

Henry is definitely good, but the other two armor mages do either tanking better (Tharja) or have better speed (Lyn)

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Really? FIVE god damn Lyns now?

I am extremely disappointed. This could've easily been someone else. Ryoma, Takumi, Marth, etc... Two of these guys don't even have one alt yet. Also, this one couldn't possibly be better than CYL Lyn since she has a horse. So useless regardless.

I'm only doing the free pull since there are zero characters I want from this.

I agree. I like Lyn, but I must admit that this is annoying. I’m tired of IS believing that the Hoshidan Royals aren’t popular as Nohrian Royals. Ryoma, Takumi, and Sakura all got in the top 20 of previous CYL polls. Takumi would have been a perfect option,  since he’s actually from a game where bows are green and has element of wind. But no. Unit wise, Genny, H!Jakob, and F!Celica are the only units that interest me. P!Shigure and Inigo are tempting, but I’ve already got enough dancers and singers. I’m going to stick to Wings of Dawn Banner mostly though.

1 minute ago, ZeManaphy said:

I agree. I like Lyn, but I must admit that this is annoying. I’m tired of IS believing that the Hoshidan Royals aren’t popular as Nohrian Royals. Ryoma, Takumi, and Sakura all got in the top 20 of previous CYL polls. Takumi would have been a perfect option,  since he’s actually from a game where bows are green and has element of wind. But no. Unit wise, Genny, H!Jakob, and F!Celica are the only units that interest me. P!Shigure and Inigo are tempting, but I’ve already got enough dancers and singers. I’m going to stick to Wings of Dawn Banner mostly though.

Yeah, I'm tired of IS shoving Nohr around a lot too. Lately they've eased up on that, but poor Ryoma still lacks an alt now and he could've easily been this legendary hero too. Not a bow wielder, maybe, but still.

Wings of Dawn? Do you mean Wings of Fate?

2 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

It's probably because they're going basing this off on characters who were the lord or one of the lords of their game. While Takumi and the other royals are important characters, they're not lord units. 

Then again, they could turn around and make Camilla #4. That would most likely cause even more salt than Lyn. Lyn is generally well while Camilla is controversial. 

Edited by Paris

HOLY CRAP YES! YES! I knew Lyn would get a Legendary variant but I didn't expect it to be now and I certainly didn't expect her to be the first colored bow unit! Lyn Emblem with one of every color is possible now! I'm spending ALL my orbs for this and I WILL spend some money if I have to, I wanna summon her so freaking bad!

Huh. I was expecting legendary Lyn eventually, but not this soon. And another green Wind legendary hero this soon is just weird.

I do think I'll pull for her, but I have all the other heroes except Shigure and Celica, so this may not be very fun. Especially since I don't have much use for additional copies of Inigo. More Henrys as Armor March fodder would be great, though.

Holy--

YASQUEEN.gif

I did not expect Lyn to be the legendary! I thought for sure it would be Takumi. 

She looks great! That animation is soooo good!

I have no orbs and no Leif after the Thracia banner but... I'll definitely use any I can get on this banner to try for legendary Lyn! 

I'm loving how much attention she's getting ever since CYL :3

3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I'm loving how much attention she's getting ever since CYL :3

I know, right? After Marth, Roy, and Ike got all the attention thanks to Smash Bros., and Lucina after Awakening, Lyn is finally getting some attention. It's awesome!

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Henry is definitely good, but the other two armor mages do either tanking better (Tharja) or have better speed (Lyn)

I was going to say that Valentine's Lyn is still probably a ways off from being rerun, but then I checked the list of seasonals and it turns out the only unit in her way is Santa Robin. She could reappear as soon as next month (but probably the month after).

Seasonals in the re-run queue:

Tharja, Camilla

Robin, Lyn, Catria

Chrom, Lissa, Airzura, Hector, Lilina, Alfonse, Sharena

Takumi, Roy, Kagero

I was expecting a Legendary Lyn eventually but I was kinda hoping it would be Ryoma this time. I like Lyn and all but did she have to wield a bow again? At least she infantry and this time as opposed to on a horse and the bow is green so that’s different. Law of Sacae is cool and so is her new Mulagir but too reliant on her partners.

Outside of that, I still love her and that sick animation and the banner is great so I’ll definitely be summoning.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Huh. I was expecting legendary Lyn eventually, but not this soon. And another green Wind legendary hero this soon is just weird.

I do think I'll pull for her, but I have all the other heroes except Shigure and Celica, so this may not be very fun. Especially since I don't have much use for additional copies of Inigo. More Henrys as Armor March fodder would be great, though.

If I'm remembering correctly (Water -> Wind -> Earth -> Fire -> Earth -> Wind), they're going in reverse order. I'd been wondering that a little after F!Grima, but this seems to strengthen, if not solidify, that. No clue why they'd do it that way, and honestly, I'm thinking it's coincidence.

Also, they've successfully baited me in regards to the upcoming new characters banner. Now, just really wish I hadn't spent all those orbs on Ayra.

Edited by bottlegnomes

All these colors are really great for me. I don't have any units besides Jakob, Ike and Micaiah off this whole banner. But at the same time I'm more interested in the upcoming brides and rerun of Charlotte in particular, so I my not pull much here. I'll probably go green and colorless if anything. F Grima for my flier collection or Genny 'cause sheep, Lyn, Inigo and Henry would all be welcome.

That said, good job on the 5th alt Lyn. At least this might mean less complaining when the next Camilla alt comes, since Lyn's gonna keep her safely outnumbered from now on it seems.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I know, right? After Marth, Roy, and Ike got all the attention thanks to Smash Bros., and Lucina after Awakening, Lyn is finally getting some attention. It's awesome!

The cherry on the cake would be her getting upgraded to playable in Smash! I think she could have a shot for DLC considering IS and Nintendo finally know how popular she is.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I'm tired of IS shoving Nohr around a lot too. Lately they've eased up on that, but poor Ryoma still lacks an alt now and he could've easily been this legendary hero too. Not a bow wielder, maybe, but still.

Wings of Dawn? Do you mean Wings of Fate?

Yeah. Wings of Fate. My bad.

5 minutes ago, Paris said:

It's probably because they're going basing this off on characters who were the lord or one of the lords of their game. While Takumi and the other royals are important characters, they're not lord units. 

Then again, they could turn around and make Camilla #4. That would most likely cause even more salt than Lyn. Lyn is generally well while Camilla is controversial. 

Perhaps, but the main thing I’m complaining about is that Lyn already has 5 variants, ( She already had a bow variation) where lords like Marth and Alm only have one and are just as popular.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I don't have W!Tharja and I'm Odin-less so Henry is my only option for a gronnblade build. I just want a +30 atk unit to play around with.

3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I have no orbs and no Leif after the Thracia banner but... I'll definitely use any I can get on this banner to try for legendary Lyn!

I understand the pain, Leif avoided me even though I was sniping red with like 150+ orbs.

3 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

If I'm remembering correctly (Water -> Wind -> Earth -> Fire -> Earth -> Wind), they're going in reverse order. I'd been wondering that a little after F!Grima, but this seems to strengthen, if not solidify, that. No clue why they'd do it that way, and honestly, I'm thinking it's coincidence.

Also, they've successfully baited me in regards to the upcoming new characters banner. Now, just really wish I hadn't spent all those orbs on Ayra.

It'd have to be coincidence. They can't just keep reversing the element order like that because the result will be that there'll be twice as many Wind and Earth heroes as there will be Water and Fire heroes. If the pattern held, then in June we'd have three Wind heroes to one Fire one.

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

The cherry on the cake would be her getting upgraded to playable in Smash! I think she could have a shot for DLC considering IS and Nintendo finally know how popular she is.

She has the best shot of any FE character, in my opinion.

Also, aside from Robin, does any other character have this many variants in the game? That's pretty awesome that she'd be the first to get to 5! I could count Robin, but since Robin and Corrin (and Morgan and Kana) are split into 2, doesn't seem entirely right.

And AND I have all the other units in this banner except for Grima and Fallen Celica, and I'm not worried about them. So all my orbs are going towards the green spots!