New Legendary Hero: Lyn, Lady of the Wind

Poimagic

Don't look at me, I may not complain about alts anymore but that doesn't mean I like them. Lyn just took it a step further than Chrom did, by getting a fifth alt already, which draws more of my ire.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Datamine:

Spoiler

Neutral 36/54/45/25/34 on enemy phase with her default kit and the presence of enough allies is pretty solid.

The Distant Def 3 Sacred Seal pushes that up to 36/54/45/31/40.

3 minutes ago, Lau said:

So what colour/weapon will the next LH be? Do we know yet?

I think we have to wait for the actual banner to drop so we can read the details to decipher what the next color will be.

Edited by Alkaid

13 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Probably just the alt in a normal banner reason then. Don't forget that Lyn is in the hearts of many players.

Zelgius and Eirika started the alts in normal banners tradition, their inclusion were pretty positive.

Ah, there it is. Lyn is in the hearts of many players so therefore she gets a pass.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In Hinoka's case in particular the most commonly cited reason is because "she took Reina's spot", which I've already argued to death in the appropriate thread to be a bogus accusation. Meanwhile, because Legendary Heroes have so far not implemented any brand new main-series characters, the same argument of "so-and-so took so-and-so's spot" is extremely difficult to argue even for the biggest haters of alts.

Oh god, the Reina argument. Kudos to you for defending ma girl Hinoka. It felt like Reina was suddenly everyone's favorite character here when Hinoka happened.

My point was, there was a tradition going on with Fjorm and Gunnthra, making it seem like Legendary Heroes were going to be purely OCs, then suddenly Ike appears but nobody questioned how random it was?

13 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Stats have been datamined already!

Reveal hidden contents

lv_1__40_legendary_lyn.jpg

All in all, she looks solid. Not game-breaking like the other Legendary units but still formidable. 

Well that explains those buffs.

Off-Topic: I really like your avatar

12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

On reflection, I really need this new Lyn to counter Valentine's Lyn. My struggles against the latter have been well-documented, especially given my reluctance to spend B Tomebreaker fodder. It's like she's perfectly designed to counter herself - colour, damage type, +9 speed and +7 res when baiting herself.

Now all we need is a 6th Lyn to counter this Lyn. High-def Red Dragon Lyn will do nicely.

Don't be stupid.

She's obviously going to be a Red Flying Dragon

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Exactly. If people are going to complain about alts I'd rather it be consistent.

I mean, people were complaining about Hinoka, so there's that. Not that made it any less annoying for me.

7 minutes ago, Lau said:

@Zangetsu Sorry, what? It wasn't directed at you, in fact, it wasn't directed at anyone. It was just a personal thought, you're free to disagree. Honestly, I don't class Takumi or Caeda as Lords, they don't have the class and/or they don't cause a game over if they die. But again, that's just me.

So what colour/weapon will the next LH be? Do we know yet?

Oh no, I wasn't saying that at all. I was just wondering why people don't consider the Royal Siblings in Fates to be Lords. I always thought Ceada was the 1st female lord in the series. I rather have that title instead of Celica, not that I hate Celica as so much I hate she's written.

I believe it should be Blue since they're going in reverse.

Edited by Zangetsu

1 minute ago, thanny said:

Zelgius and Eirika started the alts in normal banners tradition, their inclusion were pretty positive.

My impression was that the reception to Zelgius was neutral (basically just a mergeable Black Knight) and negative for Eirika (the Knoll argument that's the same amount of bogus as the Reina argument).

...meh, I'm really not feeling Lyn here.

The first colorled bow we get, and they're green? I'm starting to think that IS or whoever believes that Green units need as much powerful representation as possible, and now we have all these greens and not many reds to counter them properly.

Meanwhile, Marth still doesn't even have a swimsuit alt. I swear, he better get "The One True Falchion" with the effect "the enemy dies if they initiate combat on  this unit" for this criminal wait for even one alt when Catria gets a seasonal alt before him.

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Datamine:

Reveal hidden contents

Neutral 36/54/45/25/34 on enemy phase with her default kit and the presence of enough allies is pretty solid.

The Distant Def 3 Sacred Seal pushes that up to 36/54/45/31/40.

Spoiler

Pretty much what'd I'd expected from whalebait.

I wonder how relevant she'll be in the upper tiers of arena

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I had a feeling we might get a legendary Lyn, but not this soon. We just had that LA Lyn two months ago, CYL Lyn a few months before that, and Bride Lyn three months before that. Honestly... Are we going to get a Lyn every few months now?

This is just making me lower my opinion of her more. I might send home my CYL Lyn because I'm getting tired of seeing Lyn so much now. Not my Bride Lyn though, her IVs are too good to pass up.

You hate Lyn as a character even more because of something not related to her character? That's sorta biased, y'know. It'd be like hating Ike because you see him memed around a lot in the Smash fanbase and stuff, even though that has nothing to do with who he is.

Edited by NoirCore

It's true the response to Zelgius was neutral.  People wanted him in his red armor, and didn't like how the face looked, some called it lazy.  However since Black Knight is a TT award without benefit of bane/boon, people gave this a pass for the most part.  I didn't even make a big deal about it, other than thinking it was lazy. 

Eirika was a very negative reaction, at that time it was thought Eirika may win CYL so people were thinking 3 Eirikas!?   However more than that was people felt it was a diss to Knoll, and it made no sense for Eirika to be a tome wielder.  

Lyn stats look good, hope I pull her. 

@Zeo Darnit, this banner has the three units I really want- Inigo, Jakob and Henry. I didn't want them all in the same banner but alas.

That said, green is a really good colour to pull for me. Lyn being green is just a good side thing for me, but hey you can have another shot at completing a Lyn Emblem! (Already has a Tactic Skill ready!)

Good that we are spared from a Mist pitybreaker- I'm okay with Genny being repeated.

I wouldn't mind Micaiah but my priority is green > colourless > blue > red.

@mampfoid Seems like a good time to look for an archer right now. Armored/green archer in this banner and then flier archer in the Wings of Fate one. huh.

Wow, I can already foresee the devastation L!Lyn will be capable of if I pair her with B!Lucina. In the optimal situation she'd get +12 Atk, +15 Spd, +4 Def, +4 Res, and I could stack even more with Drive seal-equipped Fjorm+Tailtiu for a total of +18 Atk, +21 Spd, +7 Def, +7 Res if I throw in Tailtiu's Rally too. On the other hand I already have Julia as a green "murder anything and everything" unit, so I don't know how much I actually need L!Lyn. I sure as hell want her, especially since her art and animations look awesome. Guess I won't be spending any orbs looking for Hinoka. As for the other units on this banner:

• H!Henry: I couldn't give a damn about him as a character, but he's an armored mage, which I still need.
  • PA!Inigo: Also couldn't give a damn about him, and I don't use dancers, so whatever.
  • L!Ike: I wouldn't mind another one with good IVs, but he works fine as a neutral.
  • Evil!Celica: I've got enough sword infantry.
  • Horse!Eirika: I really want her both as a character and as a unit, but the other reds on this banner make me hesitant.
  • Micaiah: I'm short on blue mages, so she'd be very nice to have.
  • PA!Shigure: Whatever.
  • L!Ephraim: I could use a copy with better IVs, but the one I have now is fine.
  • F!Grima: A flying colorless dragon is cool, but I don't really need her.
  • H!Jakob: Don't care about him as either a character or a unit.
  • Genny: Already have her at +1, so pass.

I'm definitely pulling all greens and no greys, but the reds and blues are complicated. Both have a unit I really want, a legendary that I could use a better copy of, and a unit I don't care about. Is it worth it...

Ok, ok, ok, so as someone who likes Lyn more than Lucina, and was a bit annoyed by the latter getting what I perceived as too much attention(leading to me also being initially happy about Lyn taking some of her spotlight)... this is not ok. There never was anything wrong with Lucina in particular, the problem is overemphasizing one character in a series with hundreds, and Lyn doesn't get a pass in that regard afaic.

Also she isn't all that strong canonically for what it's worth(I think so, anyway? I mean their support establishes that Hector is stronger, right? And Hector and Eliwood are roughly equal, with Eliwood eventually becoming the greatest knight in all of Lycia...?), but eh.

Edited by Cysx

21 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Seems like a good time to look for an archer right now. Armored/green archer in this banner and then flier archer in the Wings of Fate one. huh.

I want to have a reason to pull blue. Hinoka didn't want to come, Jakob and Lyn don't drive me crazy for them. I'll do perhaps 1-2 full sessions since I got only Genny (-ATK), L!Ike and Micaiah from this banner and those are good/awesome fodder.

Well, Lyn's back again.

The salt is real understandable. Swift Mulagir has a better secondary, but +3 Res < +3 Spd, I doubt I'd give my B!Lyn that as is. This Lyn is absurdly dumb when enough allies are nearby, +9 Atk/Spd on EP is something that should not be okay. She also has Spd Tactic, meaning that her, Shiro, L'Arachel and Seigbert can make a Tactic Team by default.

Red has D!Ike, Swordica and Magerika, not the worst and I only have D!ike from the hero rises event. BLue has L'Ephraim, Michiah and Singure, I have none and L'Ephraim and Michiah would be nice. Green has LeLyn, Vamp!Henry and Greinigo, I already have Henry +1 but the other two would be nice to get. Colourless has Genny, F!Grima and FrankenJaokb, so this is tainted by Jakob, who pitybroke me twice in the Halloween banner (ensuring I never got Catkura), so despite there being another chance at Genny I guess I'll have to ignore this one.

Blue > Red > Green >>> Colourless for this banner.

@mcsilas Blue mage Lyn evading me still feeds me with regret (along with no Hector), Lyn Emblem will be lacking a blue, but funnily enough it'll be the same color balance as my main team.

The salt is real. I sat down at my computer for a second but certainly didn't expect this to be here. People are so mad they're saying they will only do the free pull. Seeing as I doubt there's anything I particularly need from the counter weapon banner and there's a 7 day golden week cushion I can spend safely. As for the units... well let's start with the Hero. I really thought it was gonna be Takumi, maybe that was a bit foolish but it seemed like a good setup. But with that out of the way...

LYN. LYN AGAIN! LYN.

Realistically though she didn't need another alt and even if I expected one, I didn't expect it quite this soon. Still she's my favorite character and while I'm not particularly fond of alts, I'll still pull if it's a character I like or a unit that appeals to me. Now... this entire pool is a bit conflicting for every color, but let's go into that.

Red:

• L!Ike - I have him, but Warding Breath fodder is something I can't say no to. That and another Earth Blessing.
  • FH!Celica - Not interested, not even a little bit. She might have a decent spread, but I didn't play SoV and nothing about her appeals to me.
  • H!Eirika - She's a bonus at best, I'm not interested even if I like Eirika. Still she's a red tome cav and that's something I don't have so there' that.

Blue:

• L!Ephraim - I wanted and pulled for him last time but didn't get him. He's the only legendary I don't have. I'd love to get him.
  • PA!Shigure - His spread isn't as good as Inigo's but I can do interesting things with a blue tome dancer, so he's welcome. I'd pull for him even.
  • Micaiah - Already have one of her. Another does nothing for me and since I don't care about merging her she may even be DD3 fodder depending on the nature.

Green:

• L!Lyn - Everything about her triggers nostalgic feelings. Her spread's not the most amazing but meshes nicely with her skills, and honestly it's Lyn so it wouldn't matter if she was good or not. Pulling for her for sure.
  • PA!Inigo - Already have one I'm 100% content with. But a merge would be decent. I doubt I'd switch natures at this point though. I don't really want him again though.
  • ToD!Henry - My +DEF/-RES one isn't the best nature, but I'm content and don't want another, he's bad fodder too so he's a merge at best which I don't need or care about.

Colorless:

• F!Grima - Already have 2 of her and one has a fantastic nature. More RES Smoke fodder would be cool but it's a bonus at best.
  • Genny - Serra wants Wrathful Staff but it's not something I'm pursuing right now so I don't really need more of her at the moment. Another bonus I'd say. I'd be grateful though.
  • ToD!Jakob - Didn't want him before, don't want him now. Don't care if he's meta, the unit doesn't appeal to me, the character and design even less.

No matter what color I pull there's at least one unit I don't want. Green is the land of milk and honey for most but I already have both of those units. Colorless is a solid pool but I have 2/3 of those units too. Blue is fairly safe though. Despite Green being the least enticing color (aside from Lyn) I'm going to pull regardless. And since I have no real control over what I get, I'll likely just do full pulls. Can't really avoid any one color unless I pull a Genny, Ike or Lyn, at which point I can safely avoid those colors thereafter.

It goes like this for me.

Green > Blue > Red > Colorless

Patiently awaiting the 1st.

@mcsilas @NegativeExponents- Hey, speaking of which. If this is like the F!Grima banner, there'll be a special map challenging Lyn as well. Can't wait to see what that's like. F!Grima was one of the most adrenaline rush inducing challenges in all of Heroes, if Lyn gets a special map too, I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Edited by Zeo

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

This Lyn is absurdly dumb when enough allies are nearby, +9 Atk/Spd on EP is something that should not be okay.

It is fine and okay. LOTW!Lyn is vulnerable to melee units and archers. She is hardly threatening. Players running Enemy Phase teams should have no problem countering her, especially if they run lolis; players running Player Phase teams will just snipe her with Firesweep Bow.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

My impression was that the reception to Zelgius was neutral (basically just a mergeable Black Knight) and negative for Eirika (the Knoll argument that's the same amount of bogus as the Reina argument).

But I like Knoll. :(:

Ahem. . .

For the characters. . .

Ike - Eh.  Neutral one's pulling his weight just fine.
Celica - She's light and funny, and her B skill looks hilarious.  I'd give her a whirl!
Not Knoll - I run double Leos, so not as big of a priority.  But I won't fodder her off, even if I'm still sad that she isn't Knoll.

Ephraim - Sure, why not.  He'd be a natural Fire guy, and I'm not averse to that!
Shigure - Maybe if he has a better boon/bane?  I'm pretty happy with mine ATM.
Micaiah - Any character I don't have is one that I could use.  Even if I don't like her RD incarnation.

Lyn - This should be self-explanatory.  If not, read what I said about Micaiah (minus the last sentence).
Inigo - There were more than a few situations where I wished I had him.  Would be happier pulling him than anyone else in green.
Henry - More green armor variety can't hurt.

Grima - She's different, at least.  VERY different.
Genny - Mine's -Atk, so I'll welcome one with a better bane!
Jakob - Why would I say no to the colorless archer that's tied for highest base Atk?

Most of this banner is useful, so I'm going to hope and pray that my crappy legendary banner luck isn't in effect!  Green > Red/Colorless > Blue IMO.

Based on L!Ike and Grima, I thought they would avoid doing the same color for an element in a row, but here we are with both Wind legendaries being green. Seems kinda counterproductive for team building purposes. (i.e. if I give Soren a Wind blessing he will be sharing a color either way... Oh, well, he's fine on the Earth team.) Lyn's art looks fantastic, though.

I only recently notice this but, why aren't any of Elibes legendary weapons effective against dragons? Like the main thing I remember about Muligar is it not been effective against fliers and only dragons...I guess we'll just have to wait for them to get a forge like the Binding Blade...

On topic though. I'm upset it's another Lyn, because I like Lyn. A friend pointed out in heroes she's written as "The plains, My sword" Which makes me sad as they hate Lyn and are put of playing FE 7 for the Lyn story prologue due to it.

I'm probably going to try for her as I'm a problem but the banner seems pretty decent having missed Halloween and Performing Arts (I stopped playing as I just wanted more space on my phone)

Hopefully this is the last alt she gets in a long time, Let Eliwood and Hector get some love, Lance Eli and Sword Hector wouldn't be hated. Hell let Marth get SOMETHING (Legendary Marth with Warp Staff busted, just like it is)

As a Lyn fan, I want them to stop with Lyn or everyone is going to hate Lyn.

33 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is fine and okay. LOTW!Lyn is vulnerable to melee units and archers. She is hardly threatening. Players running Enemy Phase teams should have no problem countering her, especially if they run lolis; players running Player Phase teams will just snipe her with Firesweep Bow.

Well, while I do realise it certainly possible to counter her, I still think these numbers are absurd. I didn't even mention the defences which can get the DD3 seal.

Point being that player phase is reliant on isolating her, which is something I'd be concerned about pulling off personally.

As for the dragons, I'm not all that convinced, but then again I don't have any red dragons that have been set up anywhere near correctly.