New Legendary Hero: Lyn, Lady of the Wind

Poimagic

• Lyn: Idk what's even the Point of her and being colored. Not getting owned by Cecilia? No thanks!
  • Micaiah: Have multiple good blue mages already, so no.
  • Female Robin: Have already a good copy of, so no.
  • Genny: ^
  • Ike: ^
  • Shigure: I wished for NYAzura instead of him.
  • Ephraim: It's not that I'm lacking on good cavs, but it's always nice to get him.
  • Mage Knight Eirika: The only unit from this banner I really need and want.
  • Halloween Henry: Armor speed is nice, but as an unit I don't find him too great.
  • Halloween Jakob: I remember that I hard a very hard time to take him out in the Halloween Chain Challenges.  He seems to be pretty great, so definittely interested in him.
  • Celica: I guess she's good, but I have already some good swordies.

Only Mage Knight Eirika and Halloween Jakob are really wanted. 

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Kori said:

Seems kinda counterproductive for team building purposes.

With the release of LOTW!Lyn, it is pretty safe to assume that they are doing more than 16 Legendary Heroes (4 elements * 4 colors). This is actually better for team building since we will be getting even more options (64 Legendary Heroes = 4 elements * 16 Weapons; or 256 Legendary Heroes = 4 elements * 16 Weapons * 4 movement).

31 minutes ago, DemolisherBPB said:

As a Lyn fan, I want them to stop with Lyn or everyone is going to hate Lyn.

I would not worry about that too much. I think most players are indifferent to alts, and that only a vocal minority complains about them.

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, while I do realise it certainly possible to counter her, I still think these numbers are absurd. I didn't even mention the defences which can get the DD3 seal.

Point being that player phase is reliant on isolating her, which is something I'd be concerned about pulling off personally.

As for the dragons, I'm not all that convinced, but then again I don't have any red dragons that have been set up anywhere near correctly.

You do not need to isolate her, at least not immediately. Firesweep-Poison Strike-Poison Strike will quickly bring most units down to their knees. Wards and Fort tiles are irrelevant since the 20 non combat damage is unavoidable. Isolating her and getting her off Fort tiles is only necessary (if at all) after you bring her HP down to 1 and you need to deal the killing blow. It does take patience, but since you are running Firesweep Bow, time is on your side, not the AI's.

A!Tiki and Y!Tiki with Quick Riposte should not have trouble dealing with her, especially if they run Triangle Adept or Steady Breath/Warding Breath.

Edited by XRay

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

With the release of LOTW!Lyn, it is pretty safe to assume that they are doing more than 16 Legendary Heroes (4 elements * 4 colors). This is actually better for team building since we will be getting even more options (64 Legendary Heroes = 4 elements * 16 Weapons; or 256 Legendary Heroes = 4 elements * 16 Weapons * 4 movement).

...you're probably right, since at the rate they're going, 16 legendaries would only last a year and some, and they probably plan to keep the game going for longer than that. Still. Wow. That is a lot of legendaries. Oo

And Marth still won't get one.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

You do not need to isolate her, at least not immediately. Firesweep-Poison Strike-Poison Strike will quickly bring most units down to their knees. Wards and Fort tiles are irrelevant since the 20 non combat damage is unavoidable. Isolating her and getting her off Fort tiles is only necessary (if at all) after you bring her HP down to 1 and you need to deal the killing blow. It does take patience, but since you are running Firesweep Bow, time is on your side, not the AI's.

A!Tiki and Y!Tiki with Quick Riposte should not have trouble dealing with her, especially if they run Triangle Adept or Steady Breath/Warding Breath.

Firesweep + Double Poison Strike is pretty niche (Not to mention never getting Faye), especially when this game has quite the emphasis on 1-rounding enemies. Least she doesn't get wards (Imagine if she were a bow armour). Windsweep would take the same niche, only limit the poison damage sadly. You have to work with what you've got.

Speaking of, I'm at least part of the way there with Y!Tiki, she's short Lightning Breath, TA/QR3 and is -Atk. I still have that steady Breath lying around too. If I have a good nature for A!Tiki, I could use her too with Steady Breath, I'll have to hope I can get a better one at some point, I can never seem to get one with the better boons alongside best bane (currently have one with +HP/-Spd).

25 minutes ago, Kori said:

And Marth still won't get one.

He will hopefully get one eventually. Assuming they do 4 elements of each Weapon, there are still over 50 slots left to fill.

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

especially when this game has quite the emphasis on 1-rounding enemies

Firesweep archers/healers can get away with not 1 rounding enemies more easily because they are immune to Vantage and counterattacks. Unlike other nukes, Firesweep archers/healers allows its teammates to focus more on what they are good at rather than on having high coverage.

For example, with my BH!Lyn running Firesweep Bow instead of Brave Bow, she can shut down Nowi completely. That also frees my Reinhardt to focus on what he does best, shutting down reds and magically fragile blues. Olivia is a red unit, so she has no business dealing with Nowi in the first place.

Edited by XRay

Blue is the main colour I'm going for, and Micaiah is a pity breaker I don't mind at all. I don't want any more Shigure though. One is more than enough.

Green has Inigo and Henry, who I already have and don't care for respectively, so rolling for Lyn now is a risk that doesn't seem worth it.

Not even considering the other 2 colours 

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Who did you want?

I didn’t really care who it was for this banner, I was just looking forward to the Halloween alts.

For future legendaries, I want Marth the most though. Also Eliwood, but no one else seems to care about him (I’m just glad he got an alt already, he really needed better art. He’s most of the reason I don’t dislike alts in general). Aside from them, most of my favorites don’t have any chance because I’m pretty sure the criteria for being a legendary is that they have to be either a main lord or a fates/awakening character. There also seems to be a preference for female characters and “manly” male characters, but most of the characters I like are pretty bishies. A lot of my favorite characters are none of those things, and some of them aren’t even in the game yet.

Legendary Berkut would be the best though. Or Pent, but that’s even more wishful thinking.

Once again, no duds for me. Going full circles on this one, but stopping at 3 5-stars.

F!Celica is my second chance at Chill Spd for Soren, and L!Ephraim needs merges. Among those I don't have, I could use merges for many of them, and ranged armors and dancing mages are always good for another shot at GHB Elites.

I love the art and finisher of this new Lyn but I don't like her unit design.

For 1 of each stat, Fury is better than her A skill while helping to put her into Desperation range. Her low 31 ATK and being coloured means she is no match for reds which is the most common colour. The effect of her bow means it is only effective against front liners or isolated enemies. At least she is our first green Firesweep user but most DC units are reds...

I shall pull on colourless. I need more H!Jakob and have yet to get F!Grima.

I confess I would prefer a different hero, but I am ok with Lyn (again). Now the Lyn Emblem will be completed (with one of each color). She looks to be a good unit, although I can see Vantage being more useful with Laws of Sacae than Desperation. Refined Marth is the perfect support for Legendary Lyn, because he can give her more +4 Atk/Spd/Def/Res, making Lyn having +8 in all stats in enemy's phase, and more +5 Atk/Spd because of her weapon. I am sure I will make L' Lyn and Marth have support.
The problem, for me, is... I already have the others 2 green units in the banner. I hope Lady Luck helps me in this banner, like how she helped me with Kinshi Hinoka (I got her in my 3nd summoning orbs, being the 1st the free one). I will also target the Colorless pool, because I don't have H' Jakob and L' Robin, and having more Wrathful Staffs is always good. Red is my 3rd priority, because I don't have Mage Eirika and Fallen Celica, and I can skip blue because I already have L' Ephraim and I got Micaiah as a pity breaker some time ago (although I would like some Sturdy Stance 2 and Distant Def 3). I would love to have F!Morgan in this Legendary Banner, because I want the Serpent Tome for my LA!Lyn, but sadly she is not in the banner. Maybe in the next one.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Maybe this was mentioned already and I didn't catch it while glancing through the 7 pages, but I was just reminded that Bowbreaker won't work on her because she's a green bow unit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/8f9wyb/reminder_that_as_of_4272018_update_bowbreaker/.

If they're going to introduce colored Bowbreakers, then they should have changed Bowbreaker's name to C Bowbreaker by now. That said, really obnoxious because of her stats and passives, but that seems to be archer Lyn in a nutshell. Also, I find it hilarious that sword Lyn has less base attack than archer and mage Lyn and just as much base attack as healer Lyn, but sword Lyn has unique refined Sol Katti and access to Wrath, so it evens out.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Also, I find it hilarious that sword Lyn has less base attack than archer and mage Lyn and just as much base attack as healer Lyn, but sword Lyn has unique refined Sol Katti and access to Wrath, so it evens out.

That's hilarious indeed. As you said, she has the lower base Atk, but her Desperation + Brash Assault + Wrath + Vantage or Quick Riposte SS combo makes Lyn very unique. She's still a really good unit, when having her weapon refined.

Actually, now that I look at it, promoted Lyn is Rebecca with a legendary/personal bow, personal skill, and boosted stats by being a hero introduced after CYL1.

Spoiler

Promoted Lyn has 36 HP, 31 Atk, 36 Spd, 21 Def, and 27 Res while Rebecca has 37 HP, 29 Atk, 34 Spd, 21 Def, and 27 Res. -1 HP, +2 Atk, and +2 Spd. Also, +3 Res from Swift Mulagir.

And I just realized the horror that would be BH Lyn with Swift Mulagir when she gains that in an eventual update. BH Lyn has the highest base attack out of the five Lyns at 33 attack to promoted Lyn and Valentine's Lyn's 31 attack and regular Lyn and healer Lyn's 28 attack. She'll lose out on +3 Spd and its built-in Dull Ranged against mages from not using regular Mulagir, but she'd gain +5 Atk/Spd if her nearby allies outnumber her enemies.

Edited by Kaden

I actually think I have been out alt'ed. This is the first time where an alt had me groan about how many we have.  I am not actually that interested in her, purely due to being out alt'ed.

Shigure and Miss Thani both have alluded me so it seems blue may be my best bet.

Jakob has alluded me and my F!Grima is a bit weak natured so colorless isn't bad.

Fallen Celica has alluded me and I wouldn't mind more Mage Eirika merges. So Red is okay I guess.

Green. I have Inigo. I have Henry. I don't much care for the new Lyn other than the fact that she has spd tactic. Honestly I think my problem is we already have a bowlyn. So she doesn't really do much for me. Had she been an Axelyn I may have been more excited even if all her abilities/stats remained the same even though an axe would normally have more bst than a bow.

As for pulling strat? I will likely pull full circles unless the majority is green. I am lacking a unit from every color so any unit may be good. However, since I don't much care for her who wants to bet Lyn stalks me to my bank account's grave?

53 minutes ago, Kaden said:

And I just realized the horror that would be BH Lyn with Swift Mulagir when she gains that in an eventual update. BH Lyn has the highest base attack out of the five Lyns at 33 attack to promoted Lyn and Valentine's Lyn's 31 attack and regular Lyn and healer Lyn's 28 attack. She'll lose out on +3 Spd and its built-in Dull Ranged against mages from not using regular Mulagir, but she'd gain +5 Atk/Spd if her nearby allies outnumber her enemies.

For the next update, I expect Swift Mulagir in the Weapon Refinery, alongside the Sealed Falchion. Also, I hope M!Corrin to get a refinement and Azura to get a exclusive weapon (Blessed Lance).

6 hours ago, NoirCore said:

You hate Lyn as a character even more because of something not related to her character? That's sorta biased, y'know. It'd be like hating Ike because you see him memed around a lot in the Smash fanbase and stuff, even though that has nothing to do with who he is.

Well, sorry if having a character repeatedly shoved in my face like that doesn't help my opinion of them. I didn't hate Lyn originally btw. This 5th freaking alt of her was just the last straw.

We could've had a Marth alt finally. No, instead IS feels the need to milk Lyn even more than she already was.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, sorry if having a character repeatedly shoved in my face like that doesn't help my opinion of them. I didn't hate Lyn originally btw. This 5th freaking alt of her was just the last straw.

Dont hate lyn, hate IS and whoever else is directing the release of these characters

I mean, one also has to remember that the purpose of this game is to make money and not just to please us, so I am assuming that with every release of Lyn they've made decent cash

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We could've had a Marth alt finally. No, instead IS feels the need to milk Lyn even more than she already was.

At this point it's all shoulda coulda woulda :(

But I am sure a marth alt is coming, and not only a legendary hero either

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Dont hate lyn, hate IS and whoever else is directing the release of these characters

I mean, one also has to remember that the purpose of this game is to make money and not just to please us, so I am assuming that with every release of Lyn they've made decent cash

At this point it's all shoulda coulda woulda :(

But I am sure a marth alt is coming, and not only a legendary hero either

Yeah, but IS has done some really nice things too (Summer Freddy <3 Ike as the first non-OC legendary hero!).

And yes, I'm aware. But it isn't like Lyn is the only one who brings in money. There are other super popular characters too. Marth is pretty popular and a lot of people seem to want an alt of him because he came very close to winning CYL.

Colorless is great for me. I could really use any of those three, and the chance of actually getting Nanna is appreciated. Unfortunately, rolling for Nanna reminded me of how painful colorless still is. Blue and Red are alright, but Green doesn't do much for me.

As for Lyn herself, I'm not too happy. I'm already not a fan of her character, and putting up with her noodle arms in Blazing Blade didn't help her any. Her being shoved down our throats now really isn't appealing to me. I also don't see the appeal of colored bows. The best archers in the game use the fact they have no color weakness to their advantage, and this Lyn just looks like a punching bag for any bulky red unit. Honestly I was hoping for Ced, but I knew in the back of my mind it wouldn't happen.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I wish they would have gone with OC, I am still not ok with Ike and all the follow up Legendary Heroes...

Gunnthrá said she has, at least, one other sibling. Although, the way the story is going, he/she is probably dead.
Also, there is the possibility of Bruno or Veronica become Legendary Heroes when IS decide to make both playable characters, but both need new exclusive weapons. A blue Tome with Vantage 2 and a Green Tome with "Panic Smoke" are not that amazing.

I sent in feedback saying I don't want any more Lyn alts and that this is too many versions for one character, and I encourage anyone else frustrated by this to do the same.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I sent in feedback saying I don't want any more Lyn alts and that this is too many versions for one character, and I encourage anyone else frustrated by this to do the same.

Did you add in your Feedback  we don't need more Chroms, Lucinas, Robins or Corrins too?

Just now, Othin said:

Did you say the same for all six robins

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but IS has done some really nice things too (Summer Freddy <3 Ike as the first non-OC legendary hero!).

And yes, I'm aware. But it isn't like Lyn is the only one who brings in money. There are other super popular characters too. Marth is pretty popular and a lot of people seem to want an alt of him because he came very close to winning CYL.

I like how you cite your two faves as examples for the nice things IS did

You're right, I guess they're waiting for better bait... Im thinking that Lyn isnt as popular now because of CYL and to make a ton of cash they'll release a bait banner just before legendary Marth comes out, but they still sent her in now because they know she'll bring in the dough
Marketing tactics at hand... bwahahhah