New Legendary Hero: Lyn, Lady of the Wind

Poimagic

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Do you mean element-color combo?

I meant what I said. We currently have 6 element-stat combinations: Water-Spd, Wind-Atk, Wind-Res, Earth-Atk, Earth-Spd, and Fire-Def. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a repeat before all 16 possible combinations are filled.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

According to the

It's in the trailer video.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Three of the four heroes who won the CYL 2 received Alt. in the same month!

It takes months to plan and design characters and banners and have their assets created. There is zero chance that Celica, Hector, and Ephraim were planned and designed with any knowledge of the CYL 2 winners. Assets and production work don't just magically appear out of thin air.

Adjusting the release timing or scrapping the character altogether is also not an option.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Agreed, they draw my ire. Ike drew a sigh since I'd wanted a male oc, but I didn't mind overly. Seasonals are fine, to me. I can't blame them for the Heroes they've done, since they didn't know the results of the CYL and none of those heroes had an alt, but heroes in the common pool still bugs me. I'm trying not to be as annoyed any more, but oh well.

I like seasonal units too, because it's the only opportunity to have interesting choices for Alt. Who expected Kagero, Catria, Jakob or Inigo to receive a alternative version? Not me.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

It takes months to plan and design characters and banners and have their assets created. There is zero chance that Celica, Hector, and Ephraim were planned and designed with any knowledge of the CYL 2 winners. Assets and production work don't just magically appear out of thin air.

Adjusting the release timing or scrapping the character altogether is also not an option.

That's true, but now we know the fans will get pissed if other Hector/Celica/Ephraim alt. appear before the Brave Heroes.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I like seasonal units too, because it's the only opportunity to have interesting choices for Alt. Who expected Kagero, Catria, Jakob or Inigo to receive a alternative version? Not me.

Inigo was one of the more popular characters in Awakening, which is why he received an alt in Fates, so he wasn't too left field. That being said, seeing him as a dancer was still the best moment :)

I think seasonals only annoy me if they contain a dupe character (like Xander, Chrom, Lyn, Camilla all got two seasonals each).

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I meant what I said. We currently have 6 element-stat combinations: Water-Spd, Wind-Atk, Wind-Res, Earth-Atk, Earth-Spd, and Fire-Def. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a repeat before all 16 possible combinations are filled.

It's in the trailer video.

Ah, okay.

I miss small details all the time. Thank Naga I am not in the medical field.

I'm honestly not upset by this since we knew that Lyn was going to be a legendary hero once we realized they were following the in game affinities for each character, should they have waited to release most definitely but I'm not angry, that being said not a fan of the double standard of Hinoka and Eirika getting blasted for "stealing the spot" of a character while everything with Lyn is tame in comparison. All things considered this confirms for me that canon promotions of each lord are going on these banners so I expect another salt wave again when great lord Chrom comes or grandmaster Robin.

53 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

that being said not a fan of the double standard of Hinoka and Eirika getting blasted for "stealing the spot" of a character while everything with Lyn is tame in comparison.

There might be a double standard on this particular forum, but if you go to Nintendo Mobile's YouTube account, people are actually more pissed about LOTW!Lyn than WOF!Hinoka or SM!Eirika. In fact, WOF!Hinoka's and SM!Eirika's Foci were relatively well received. Serenes Forest is not representative of the Fire Emblem community as a whole.

Here are some stuff I quoted from the General thread:

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

The Lyn banner trailer is pretty disliked on YouTube. I'm checking recent banner trailers, but I can't see any as much as disliked as the Lyn one.

57 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is interesting. A pretty sizable portion of the Japanese audience seems pretty pissed, with 592:455. The international audience reaction seems more tame with 3.7K:1.3K but the increase in the dislike ratio is still pretty clear.

The only thing left for players to do is to follow up on their words by giving Intelligent Systems less money on this banner compared to other banners. If that does not happen, then the developers will probably see the dislikes as just a vocal minority being loud.

Here are the like:dislike ratios and percentages for the following Foci videos:

Lady of the Wind (JPN): 602:467
Like: ~56.31% (602/1,069)
Dislike: ~43.69% (467/1,069)
Lady of the Wind (ENG): 3.8K:1.3K
Like: ~74.51% (~3,800/5,100)
Dislike: ~25.49% (~1,300/5,100)

Wings of Fate (JPN): 952:145
Like: ~86.78% (952/1,097)
Dislike: ~13.22% (145/1,097)
Wings of Fate (ENG): 5.1K:361
Like: ~93.39% (~5,100/5,461)
Dislike: ~6.61% (~361/5,461)

Sacred Memories (JPN): 769:91
Like: ~89.42% (769/860)
Dislike: ~10.58% (91/860)
Sacred Memories (ENG): 4.2K:197
Like: ~95.52% (~4,200/4,397)
Dislike: ~4.48% (~197/4,397)

There seems to be a trend of slightly decreasing approval ratings over time, but Lady of the Wind Foci was a huge drop from Wings of Fate, which was only released like a few days ago. If the revenue also drops in tandem with approval ratings, I am sure the developers will plan out their character releases more carefully.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

...didn't you used to say you hated Lyn because you thought her boring? Not to mention you hated Lyn even more for being in Warriors. Pretty sure you hated Lyn before this.

Point is, though, you're letting the dev's decisions not relative to a character's backstory, personality, etc. let you impact your opinions. Remember how you didn't like how people were hating on Ike for his popularity/notoriety, which also came up again when he was revealed as the first non-OC legendary hero? What's happening to Lyn here is the same thing that you were fighting against, yet you now embrace that against Lyn.

Hate Lyn for who she is, not what she's getting.

I don't remember saying any of those things, but if I did, I don't know why I did. I remember being really disappointed at Lyn getting in Warriors and Ike being left out, but nothing more.

The big difference between Ike's alts and Lyn's are that Ike has fewer, no seasonals, and one of his alts is a canon version of him. Lyn has two seasonals now, and none of her versions are actually canon except her original. Though I would say her legend version now is partially canon since it seems to be based off her promoted form.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am with you guys. Marth is the one how deserve a Alt. Poor Hero-King... the first Falchion user is the least loved by IS... poor Altean prince, forgotten in the 3-4 stars pool. 

If somehow Marth be cutted from the new Smash, I be so pissed.

Yeah, why is Marth so ignored when he's popular? Poor guy.

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Book Bro said:

This year: stop with the alt Ikes and Lyns! Lucina and the Fates royals deserve more attention!

You forgot Hector and Celica since there will more alts of them coming this year as well.

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

If the revenue also drops in tandem with approval ratings,

It doesn't. Dislikes are theoretically indistinguishable from indifference when revenue is concerned, so the only thing that matters is the number of likes.

14 hours ago, Johann said:

We don't give out prizes for stuff like this, do we?

I don't know either myself. If we do, then I demand a virtual cookie.

On 2/23/2018 at 1:34 AM, Tybrosion said:

Him being assigned earth could be a nod to the fact that earth was his affinity in the Tellius games. It probably is just a coincidence until an inevitable wind legendary Lyn comes along, but it'd be neat if it was referencing that.

And no, I'm not mad that I was actually right because I'm too jaded by IS's previous decisions to feel anything except indifference.

Anyways, I'm going to have fun avoiding reds like hell on this banner and if you know me, you'll know why. And then just to spite me, the gacha will give me a five red circle and regardless of which I pick, it'll be her.....

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Instead of Marth (because who cares really) we need more characters that aren't in the game already

How I wish there was more focus on more characters...

1 hour ago, MisfitMiju said:

I'm honestly not upset by this since we knew that Lyn was going to be a legendary hero once we realized they were following the in game affinities for each character, should they have waited to release most definitely but I'm not angry, that being said not a fan of the double standard of Hinoka and Eirika getting blasted for "stealing the spot" of a character while everything with Lyn is tame in comparison. All things considered this confirms for me that canon promotions of each lord are going on these banners so I expect another salt wave again when great lord Chrom comes or grandmaster Robin.

Lyn is on a legendary banner, which is expected to receive alts, so it doesn't really feel so much like she's 'stealing a spot'. Chrom, Reinhardt (more than Olwen for some reason, although she got some), Eirika and Hinoka all got salt. It's not really a double standard. If Lyn had been on a regular banner, she would have got just as much salt, if not more, than Hinoka.

Edited by Cute Chao

48 minutes ago, XRay said:

There seems to be a trend of slightly decreasing approval ratings over time, but Lady of the Wind Foci was a huge drop from Wings of Fate, which was only released like a few days ago. If the revenue also drops in tandem with approval ratings, I am sure the developers will plan out their character releases more carefully.

You're comparing a banner with a single alternate character with normal banners though.

I hate tome Eirika the most of all those characters but she came with L'Arachel, who is my favourite character in the franchise. I couldn't have disliked the banner.

Again like I heard someone said elsewhere the dislikes aren't gonna effect anything on them money talks obviously more if there's a huge and I mean playerbase huge boycott on this banner (likely won't) then they'll definitely notice case in point with SoVs season pass and that got huge noticed big time.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

30 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

You're comparing a banner with a single alternate character with normal banners though.

I hate tome Eirika the most of all those characters but she came with L'Arachel, who is my favourite character in the franchise. I couldn't have disliked the banner.

If we are comparing just Legendary Heroes, then FV!F!Robin and LOTW!Lyn both got really high numbers of dislikes compared to other Legendary Heroes, most likely due to the number of alts being released so frequently.

VL!Ike also proportionally got more dislikes than LL!Ephraim, most likely for the same reason as well.

I am not sure too sure why Gunnthrá got a lot of dislikes (about twice as much as Fjorm), but if I were to make a guess, I am going to assume it is due to people expecting her to be given away for free.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I don't remember saying any of those things, but if I did, I don't know why I did. I remember being really disappointed at Lyn getting in Warriors and Ike being left out, but nothing more.

The big difference between Ike's alts and Lyn's are that Ike has fewer, no seasonals, and one of his alts is a canon version of him. Lyn has two seasonals now, and none of her versions are actually canon except her original. Though I would say her legend version now is partially canon since it seems to be based off her promoted form.

Yeah, why is Marth so ignored when he's popular? Poor guy.

He is? Huh. Never noticed. 

I think it’s because:

A: Other characters such as Ike and Lyn are more popular. I’ll is the most popular male lord while Lyn is the most popular female lord. Lucina is most likely #2 and a popular character from one of FE’s most well known games. Same thing for Azura, Camilla and Chrom. Azura is a dancer which can bring in revenue because dancers are useful. Chrom is well liked. Camilla has fan service and popularity (albeit controversial).

Hector is well liked as well as Ephrai and both get bonus points for not being lords with swords.  Eirika as generally we’ll liked. Celica has the remake, good voice acting and nice design to back her up. 

B: FEH’s market in general which is mostly male. Therefore IS prioritizes them. Why pander yo the minority when they’ll bring in less revenue? As a result, they’ll have more females. I doubt this would be any different if FEH’s fan base was mostly female. They would still prioritize the majority. So they will have more male characters.Whi

C: The other popular characters are from well known and generally liked games. Marth’s games are either too old for most people to have played them or regarded decent at best with the exception of one which dint comeback out of  Japan. Additionally, the other popular characters have the advantage of their games having support conversations which helped flesh out their personality and interactions. New Mystery of the emblem had that but again, wasn’t localized. 

While Marth has Smash, so does Ike, Roy and Lucina. From my knowledge, Ike and Roy benefit from Smash more than Marth. 

In conclusion, I think those are the reasons why he hasn’t gotten an alt yet. My assumption is as about as good as good as anyone else’s so take it with a grain of salt. 

40 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Lyn is on a legendary banner, which is expected to receive alts, so it doesn't really feel so much like she's 'stealing a spot'. Chrom, Reinhardt (more than Olwen for some reason, although she got some), Eirika and Hinoka all got salt. It's not really a double standard. If Lyn had been on a regular banner, she would have got just as much salt, if not more, than Hinoka.

I guess it sorta annoyed me since neither Hinoka or Eirika had alts before and they got blasted even though with gleipnir and kinshi mounts being in the game it's more probable to put the characters who were "snubbed" in the heroes. Alts being on the legendary banner isn't a shock it's just why her out of everyone surely she isn't the only character associated to wind or the only protagonist with the potential to be an archer. I agree that if it were a regular the anger would've soared higher than it already was and I apologize for assuming based off serenes and calling it a double standard when I should've taken into account the fanbase at large especially the poor folks on reddit

Honestly, while Lyn getting a 5th is a bit much, characters like Eirika, Chrom, and Reinhardt bothered me a lot more since their alts are being added to the main banners. Legendaries and Seasonals all have had alts in them, so I'd expect her and other popular characters to get alts there, but with Normal banners it just feels pointless to me since there are other characters that can carry their banners without alt #42 propping it up.

Edited by Medeus

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It doesn't. Dislikes are theoretically indistinguishable from indifference when revenue is concerned, so the only thing that matters is the number of likes.

I will give LOTW!Lyn another day or so, but based on the total views, FV!F!Robin got ~5.5k views and LOTW!Lyn got ~5.4K views. 5.1k viewers liked FV!F!Robin while only 3.9k viewers liked LOTW!Lyn. That is a pretty significant drop in likes.

I am not sure how well views correlate to revenue since they never released detailed sales data, so I have no idea if they will see a massive 20% drop in revenue for that banner. I am hoping for a more modest 5%-10% drop so the developers will the message without being too negatively impacted financially.

7 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Honestly, while Lyn getting a 5th is a bit much, characters like Eirika, Chrom, and Reinhardt bothered me a lot more since their alts are being added to the main banners. Legendaries and Seasonals all have had alts in them, so I'd expect her and other popular characters to get alts there, but with Normal banners it just feels pointless to me since there are other characters that can carry their banners without alt #42 propping it up.

Agreed.

Essentially, Legendary Heroes banners seem like extra banners to me so it doesn't bother me that they include alternates. 

In fact, I feel this is the way they should be adding them.