Golden Week 2018 Events (Reward Maps, Log In Bonuses, Special Grand Conquests), April 27 - May 8 (Free Kaze!)

Coolmanio

Seems strange that, while in Tempest we get 4 and 5* units, these quests will give us a 3 and 4* Kaze. Shame since it means he's less available than a GHB unit, and requires significantly more feathers than a Tempest unit. On the plus side, perhaps it may mean that future Grand Conquests are going to reward us with free characters?

A bunch of free orbs, free Kazes (2 so I can even inherit his dagger to my Kagero), and no extra banner to further choke my orbs between Hinoka and the legendary banner? This is a blessed golden week indeed.

Not really looking forward to playing GC again, but if the changes are noticeable it might be a lot better this time around. Kaze is of course a great incentive to play as well. I hope free characters as a reward is something they keep doing for future ones. I don't think it would have killed them to give him as 4/5* instead of a 3/4*, though.

I don't know how to feel about Kaze. He'll probably never get promoted because I have a HUUUUGE backlog of units to promote after I'm done with my arena core. 

Anyways, I liked GC a bit more after having a better understanding of how it worked and that the "Try this!" prompt tends to be super misleading. I just hope IS fixes the maps because the first one showed that they are too lopsided. 

I'm glad about the orbs, I'll need every single one I can get to hopefully get 2 copies of LLyn (G!Lyn?) and Eirikalter/Witch Celica. Although I got a 5* from F/GO so my luck will probably stay dead when the banner comes.

Looks like Kaze gets to be a stay-at-home husband. I mean, I'm glad he's free obviously since he's not a unit type I'd ever spend orbs for, but he's also not one I'd be in a rush to spend feathers on either.

Feather queue is Sothe (tonight), Kana, Xander merges, Camus merges, then start my first 5*+10 project. Might take a couple diversions to give better weapons to Horse Catria, Frederick, Est and Hana.

I'm down with free Kaze and free orbs, but a little disappointed that he's linked to the Grand Conquest. Wasn't particularly fond of the mode, but if they're going to start giving away new units through the mode, then I'm gonna have to play. Don't want another Tobin situation where I'm left completely unable to obtain a unit I missed.

Nice to hear that we are basically getting Kaze for free. It sucks though that it will cost 42,000 feathers if you are serious about using him though. Couldn't they be nice and give him as a five star instead of three like the TT units?

Also, they are having another Grand Conquest already? Weren't they going to ask everyone for feedback or did I somehow missed that? It does look like they are already improving it by providing more lances this time.

These all look nice to me. If there is a surprise banner, great! If not, I'm actually kinda glad since more orbs can go towards the Legendary Banner. I'm most stoked about the free Kaze! Do I want him in the summoning pool? You bet (mostly for his dagger), but getting him works just as well. Unfortunately, I can't promote him until I'm done with Lucius.

Shame, GC doesn't seem to have significant changes to make the mode more fun. More lances and less differences in reward won't make me motivated to try again like last time, so I'll do what my teams did three times in a row and say "screw you". I'll get the personal level rewards and then ignore it besides quests, take whatever my team accomplishes and not bother with it otherwise. I'd like to keep my nerves intact this time.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

21 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

These all look nice to me. If there is a surprise banner, great! If not, I'm actually kinda glad since more orbs can go towards the Legendary Banner. I'm most stoked about the free Kaze! Do I want him in the summoning pool? You bet (mostly for his dagger), but getting him works just as well. Unfortunately, I can't promote him until I'm done with Lucius.

He really does need to be injected in the 3-4* pool.

Frankly, not having a Killer Dagger in the normal summon pool genuinely annoys me. 

2 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

He really does need to be injected in the 3-4* pool.

Frankly, not having a Killer Dagger in the normal summon pool genuinely annoys me. 

As someone who's starting to really enjoy using dagger units (and has always enjoyed using healers), I'd love to see more variety. We're getting it...slowly, but we're still getting it. IS was really pumped to give armors a boost for a while there, and now we're going through the dragon phase. I'm hoping sooner or later some colorless units other than bows will get some love, but we may have to go through the multicolored bow phase to get there first. XD

Not bummed out about kaze’s rarity since i’ve been swimming in feathers for most of this game’s lifetime. And when I find time to really get on this golden age of HM grinding, watch out.

This GC is a “special” case, so I’m going to assume that a free unit being passed out will not be the norm.

I'm good with this, not much else to say. I wish we were getting more than 2 Kazes. One is relegated to ATK Smoke 3 fodder for Matthew so I miss out on Killer Dagger+ which leaves me only the one which I'll probably promote cause I enjoy dagger units.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'm good with this, not much else to say. I wish we were getting more than 2 Kazes. One is relegated to ATK Smoke 3 fodder for Matthew so I miss out on Killer Dagger+ which leaves me only the one which I'll probably promote cause I enjoy dagger units.

I mean, you could always just wait for a random Brave Lyn for Atk Smoke?

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have to give it to them though. It's the perfect way to celebrate what is basically the year of alts.

The last map is hilariously enough, vs Lyn. So you can beat up all 5 versions of her at once.

Well free Kaze makes me happy and sad at the same time.  On one hand I don't have to go in to a summon and curse because the game won't give me colorless, on the other hand I can't +10 one of my all time favorites.  GC I like better then VG and RD, but I am only going to get the personal rank rewards and Kaze, the army feathers I will take but I don't care all that much about.  Of course free orbs is great since I need H!Jakob for my armor emblem team every orb will help.