Hard Mode Challenge Run

Johnnie

Currently trying a run I've been thinking about for a while now. It's the recruit everyone run.

No DLC

No Risen battles/Reeking Boxes

No Second Seals except for maxed promoted units.

To make things a little easier, I'm only pairing up units with fast supports. This leads to the following pairings:

Chrom/Sumia

Lissa/Vaike

Sully/Kellam

Miriel/Stahl

Maribelle/Frederick

Panne/Ricken

Cordelia/Libra

Tharja/Gauis

Nowi/Gregor

Cherche/Virion

Olivia/Henry

Robin/???

This does mean that Donnel and Lon'qu are permanently warming the bench since every battle I'm working on building supports. It also means that Morgan is going to be an only child. I'm thinking of making Anna the mother of my female Morgan, if only to unlock that Paralogue as soon as possible.

I just finished Chapter 7 and so far it's going well.  My units are chronically underleveled though. Assuming Frederick is a 10/1 unit, my average level is 7.2 and only Chrom and Lissa have broken double digits.

Support wise, Chrom and Sumia are locked in and my A-ranks so far are Lissa/Vaike, Sully/Kellam and Miriel/Stahl.

Has anyone tried this before? I doubt I'm the only one.

It's really difficult to use many characters at once. Most people just opt for using all deployment slots, a challenge even done on Lunatic and Lunatic+ (it's a fun challenge, actually). One the bright side, you'll get many paralogues to train up your units if you don't use the kids. 

Hoe come Chrom has broken two digits, but not Sumia? Chrom gets a lot of exp for being in the back all day, especially if his wife is strong... Sumia better be strong.

I think you'll hit a wall in chapter 17, and it will get worse from there...

Sumia has only been used enough to make sure she's going to marry Chrom. I think she's level 6 or so. I don't like the character or her class and it gives me more time to focus on other supports.

Vaike and Lissa are married and so are Stahl and Miriel. Vaike took an early promotion to Hero so I can get Sol for Owain. Stahl and Miriel are hitting the bench; Panne and Ricken do their job just as well with a little less mobility and I need to focus on other supports.

I'm about to start Chapter 9. Cordelia and Gauis are forced since I recruit their spouses here and I can do further work on Fred/Maribelle and Ricken/Panne since both couples are at B ranks. I think I can fit in Nowi and Gregor as well.

Edit: For anyone reading, I'm up to Chapter 15 now. My unmarried couples are Robin/Anna at A and both Cherche/Virion and Olivia/Henry at C. Lucina came out speedy as hell and is already wrecking things. Nowi, Panne and Sully all sealed to Wyvern to pass along Strength+2 to their kids; Miriel went Dark Mage and Kellam went to Priest to pass on extra skills to Laurent and Kjelle; and Ricken went Cavalier for fun. All are benched except for Ricken and Panne who are nearing promotion.

Vaike, Maribelle, Gauis, Henry, Chrom and Robin have all reached promotion; Vaike got Sol to pass along to Owain and is hitting the bench. If Robin and Anna reach S Rank on this chapter then I'll be ready to recruit Morgan, Owain and maybe Kjelle before proceeding.

No real issues so far and it's been fun making use of units like Ricken and Maribelle who usually end up benched ASAP. Also both Anna and Libra are much more useful and powerful than they have any right to be.

Edited by Johnnie