FE:W Q&A Giveaway the Second: Ended Light Strategist Wins the Copy

Jedi

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Finn could be a good addition to the roster.

I already have the game, so I'm just asking questions out of curiosity rather than to win a copy of FEW.

What ways do you think a playable armor knight could be implemented in FEW that would make them fun/useful (because I know speed is generally favored in this game), which lance-wielding armor knight would you like to see most, and is there anyone from Gaiden/Echoes you'd like to see enter the game alongside Celica?

Also, you mentioned wanting characters to be decloned.  How would you picture that happening, or how would you like to see it happen?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Finn could be a good addition to the roster.

I already have the game, so I'm just asking questions out of curiosity rather than to win a copy of FEW.

What ways do you think a playable armor knight could be implemented in FEW that would make them fun/useful (because I know speed is generally favored in this game), which lance-wielding armor knight would you like to see most, and is there anyone from Gaiden/Echoes you'd like to see enter the game alongside Celica?

Also, you mentioned wanting characters to be decloned.  How would you picture that happening, or how would you like to see it happen?

Make them have huge sweeping attacks like most Dynasty Warriors lancers, maybe like old Lu Bus halberd where every hit makes shockwaves, use the GBA chain link animations for their strikes making their swings even more insane.

Also give them jet thrusters for speed for giggles.

My favorite Echoes characters are Forsyth, Clive and Mae so probably them.

Decloning isn't exactly hard, you just have to match their personality with a weapon they use and use any source material you can, see Azura and Olivia for instance in terms of this being done really well for them to stand out compared to Oboro or in Olivia's case tons of swords.

Every character has that potential in FE:W so in the future I highly expect the decloning process unless they want to stick with the whole same class uses same moveset thing.

13 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Also give them jet thrusters for speed for giggles.

I'd just imagine Arden just blazing past everyone, yelling, "NOT SO LUMBERING AND SLOW NOW, AM I ALEC?!"  And then he'd hit a tree

8 minutes ago, Jedi said:

My favorite Echoes characters are Forsyth, Clive and Mae so probably them.

Heh, Forsyth in a Warriors game really would be a Forsyth to be reckoned with.  And if they didn't make him say that, I'd be gravely disappointed.

And Mae is bae, so I support you on that one.

9 minutes ago, Jedi said:

see Azura and Olivia for instance in terms of this being done really well for them to stand out compared to Oboro...

Hey now, the fashionable flashy fashionista does a fine job of standing on her own, generic lancers sharing her basic moves be damned!  'Boroblender shall blend forever!

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'd just imagine Arden just blazing past everyone, yelling, "NOT SO LUMBERING AND SLOW NOW, AM I ALEC?!"  And then he'd hit a tree

Heh, Forsyth in a Warriors game really would be a Forsyth to be reckoned with.  And if they didn't make him say that, I'd be gravely disappointed.

And Mae is bae, so I support you on that one.

Hey now, the fashionable flashy fashionista does a fine job of standing on her own, generic lancers sharing her basic moves be damned!  'Boroblender shall blend forever!

I didn't mean that Oboro didn't have a fun moveset oops I meant more that Azura just doesn't copy her for moves and they both have their personalities injected into their movesets.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

I didn't mean that Oboro didn't have a fun moveset oops I meant more that Azura just doesn't copy her for moves and they both have their personalities injected into their movesets.

Haha, I was only having a gaff.  I had a feeling you didn't mean it that way.

I'm also very glad she and Azura don't share the same moveset.  I'm of the fairly strong opinion that as someone who is primarily a performer, Azura shouldn't fight the same way as a trained soldier who apparently is of the rank of Captain.  And the same applies to Olivia compared to any swordfighter in the game.

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Haha, I was only having a gaff.  I had a feeling you didn't mean it that way.

I'm also very glad she and Azura don't share the same moveset.  I'm of the fairly strong opinion that as someone who is primarily a performer, Azura shouldn't fight the same way as a trained soldier who apparently is of the rank of Captain.  And the same applies to Olivia compared to any swordfighter in the game.

Haha sorry it's been a rough couple days my gaff/jokey readings are off. 

Yeah I love when a  character has their personality in the moveset or upbringing etc.

1 hour ago, CmdrQuartz said:

I already have the game so i don't need an entry, but to fuel the current discussion, should Lucina keep her cloned move set or get something her own?

I think considering she learned from her Dad, her becoming a semi clone and having some aspects from her reclasses would work.

1 hour ago, Elythys said:

With the success of FE:W, what kind of other gameplay do you think could work well with the FE license ?

Maybe something like Nobunaga's Ambition or Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which are basically turn by turn kingdom/tactial management of cities and so forth.

Im reminded the people that made this game also made pokemon conquest... so now im wondering how likely it is for Koei to try their own attempt at a fire emblem like game using samurai/dynasty warrior characters.

or If we will get pokemon warriors.

6 minutes ago, Thany said:

Im reminded the people that made this game also made pokemon conquest... so now im wondering how likely it is for Koei to try their own attempt at a fire emblem like game using samurai/dynasty warrior characters.

or If we will get pokemon warriors.

Can't ever be sure, but yeah Koei's been making more tactical games for ages, even before Warriors, Nobunaga's Ambition and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series are both really old.

8 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

Well this was unexpected. I hardly win anything!

Everyone has their day!