Legendary Hero Battle Across the Plains: Lyn

SatsumaFSoysoy

My dragon team (Y Tiki+2, Nowi, Ninian+1, Myrrh) took care of Infernal Lyn map pretty easily.  2nd try.  1st time I went towards the bottom bridge, eventually failed, 2nd time went to top bridge.  Eureka, success!  

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Usana Out if curiosity: How does your fire team look like?

+ATK/-HP Eirika 5*+10 Sieglinde(Eff)/Whatever/Iceberg/Fury/Desperation/Hone Speed/Whatever
-Basic Eirika

+ATK/-SPD Legendary Ephraim+1 Flame Siegmund/Repostion/Galeforce/Death Blow/Drag Back/Hone Cavalry/Heavy Blade
-Drag back can also be a few different options such as desperation.

+DEF/-HP Myrrh+3 Great Flame/Reposition/Bonfire/Distant Counter/Quick Riposte/Drive Spd/Iotes Shield
-Doesn't have a whole lot of c options beyond drive spd or hone dragons.

Neutral Siegbert Dark Greatsword/Draw Back/Dragon Fang/Deathblow/Desperation/Attack Tactic/Defense Tactic
-Seal is obviously flexible. I kinda need him to have more special options.

I guess this could also have been stated as each unit having their mostly standard loadouts. But yeah, Myrrh can't carry the enemy phase on this one.

@Zeo That was...one of the most intense runs I think I've ever seen. I think this video felt like a real nail-biter because I know how much I struggled with this map. It's like... I know you're gonna' win, but at the same time, just watching the process is always super cool. Matthew one-shotting Lyn was epic. Inigo getting a chance to shine was awesome too. He's come such a long way. ...And I love using him on Rival Domain maps. XD

19 hours ago, Zeo said:

@DarkLordIvy I may not comment on your clears but they're always a treat to watch. Your dedication to Soren is pretty amazing and it's a feat that you clear all these maps not only without cavalry or healers, but without either blue or colorless units. 

Aw thank you! Ha I’m glad that my excessive favoritism has payed off. I really love that you can pull off completing just about any challenge in this game with your favorite characters once they’ve been invested in enough. To be entirely honest I would not mind if whatever Ike alt is inevitably coming down the pipe is blue or colorless XD, but the challenge can be so satisfying. 

Even if I don’t always comment on your clears it’s always a joy to watch Matthew shine!

12 hours ago, Usana said:

@DarkLordIvy Good to see Soren shine. Congrats on not giving up!

Thank you! :D

I am probably late to the party, but here is my clear:

I am not sure if I had more problems here or with Grima, but it was definitly not easy for me. I tried my usual Horse Emblem which didn't work. Tried other things with VIke and Axura, didn't work. Found out FGrima can kill most units, so I resorted to giving her flier buffs and healing her. Well, she more or less soloed the whole thing.

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Going back and looking, they did have refined weapons for the Grima maps. I wish they'd do maps for the already released Legendaries. Challenging Ephraim and Ike for one would be great.

A legendary map for Gunnthrá could be interesting. Perhaps they'll add refined weapons in future GHBs, we'll see today! (or tomorrow?)

3 hours ago, Usana said:

+ATK/-HP Eirika 5*+10 Sieglinde(Eff)/Whatever/Iceberg/Fury/Desperation/Hone Speed/Whatever
-Basic Eirika

+ATK/-SPD Legendary Ephraim+1 Flame Siegmund/Repostion/Galeforce/Death Blow/Drag Back/Hone Cavalry/Heavy Blade
-Drag back can also be a few different options such as desperation.

+DEF/-HP Myrrh+3 Great Flame/Reposition/Bonfire/Distant Counter/Quick Riposte/Drive Spd/Iotes Shield
-Doesn't have a whole lot of c options beyond drive spd or hone dragons.

Neutral Siegbert Dark Greatsword/Draw Back/Dragon Fang/Deathblow/Desperation/Attack Tactic/Defense Tactic
-Seal is obviously flexible. I kinda need him to have more special options.

I guess this could also have been stated as each unit having their mostly standard loadouts. But yeah, Myrrh can't carry the enemy phase on this one.

That's far from being a weak team, they are pretty strong! 

I can see your difficulties with this map though. You don't have ranged units and also no healers and dancers for support.

If Myrrh can't do the EP job, perhaps she needs support? Does someone of your team has spare HP? You could give him/her a healing skill. 

A red unit needs 68 ATK to one-shot L!Lyn or 44 SPD to double her. Eirika could double Lyn if self-honed, but you must take care of that Sword Fighter with Drive SPD first. Buffed Siegbert reaches 66 ATK on PP, which means you need to attack twice, proc his special or chip Lyn down before (I did that with Savage Blow to make Roy one-shot her). 

47 minutes ago, Marston said:

I am probably late to the party, but here is my clear:

Wow, you made Grima nearly solo that map, congratulations! Where are your 2* units though?

9 hours ago, Ginko said:

Actually ,LA Roy want Iceberg but my boy is +DEF/-RES with DEF Tactics make Bonfire reliable.

My Roy is +DEF as well, Bonfire suits him perfectly.

(The Idea of a triple DD3 Roy is still not out of the world.)

9 hours ago, Ginko said:

I think next time, may I tag you on my playthrough? 

Sure, I'm looking forward to see more of Roy & Co! 

9 hours ago, Ginko said:

I appreciate that you support me even if I didn't tag you in first place. Your Galeforce team earn my respect too as you have to change builds and come up with new strategy everytime. 

When I have some spare time, I like to watch unusual approaches or good use of units I like. It makes me realize I should use Shiro, Siegbert and LA!Roy more often, they are pretty cool. If you like GF stuff, I may tag you as well. 

I only wish there were more battles like these and I wouldn't have to do each map only once. Let there be rewards for repeated clears

@Rafiel's Aria It's honestly interesting to hear you say that. I felt things were a lot more clutch during F!Grima. Maybe I'm just used to using Matt as a tank but I was never particularly worried for this one. When I failed it was generally someone other than Matt that died. It is amazing to see how much more powerful he is since the Oliver GHB. I just wish I could pull 3 more Matthews and complete him. I have the feathers, just need the copies. And well right back at you because that Raven is probably the single best unit I have for RD and GC. Another friend's Galeforce L!Ephraim and Mampfoid's Cordelia coming in 2nd and 3rd.

@mampfoid No refines, but a fun challenge. Things are a tinge busy so I don't know that I'll do a clear before bed, but we'll see.

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

@NegativeExponents- I was thinking about doing an FE7 trio clear myself but I wasn't sure how to go about it and I doubt it would live up to yours. You may have done a lot of experimenting but the result was poetry in motion. As for clears. No my endgame team wasn't one of my ideas. Lukas and Chrom aren't ready yet and it would mostly just be a Matthew/Nino duo clear which is less interesting than it sounds.

Sounds like you’re selling yourself short here. I wouldn’t worry about having to “live up” to mine. I’m sure if you found a way to do it would be an incredible clear but if you don’t, that’s fine too.

Yeah, lots of trial and error went into this one. Themed clears are harder than I gave them credit for. At any moment I could have ditched the idea and gone off to use other units that could handle the job better or needed less investment to complete and in all honesty, if this wasn’t FE7 themed, I probably would have, but I was determined to make this work. All my respect to @mcsilas who constantly does themed clears.

Oh, I figured since you recently acquired steady breath and DC that you were referring to them. Idk about that. Nino being the destruction child she is sounds like nothing but a good time but if you say so then I’ll take your word for it.

Finally beat Infernal with my F!Grima team of Horse Chrom, Frederick, Reinhardt and Brave Lyn. Yeah cavs again but the map was so annoying and I had to be super offensive with their extra move. Enemy bow knights are mage knights are so annoying...

Horse Chrom was MVP, with Frederick a strong second. Brave Lyn needed Atk+3 because she misses the kill on the mages even with cav boosts.

Also against the first sword cav, Horse CHrom needed to be away from the Spd Ploy flier to ORKO the sword cavalier.

Not sure if I'll do a video recording. Maybe if I have more time. The map is too annoying.

Anyway some late replies-

@Zeo Matthew facetanking that knight and bow knight is so satisfying. Again, his Rogue Dagger shines in maps like these, this is why I even considered giving some dagger units Close Counter. What's your Inigo's nature again? This makes me excited to use mine once he gets enough SP!

@Ginko Your Shiro's impressive as always! And it's nice to hear Siegbert actually saying voice lines, one thing I hate about my GF Siegbert is he doesn't say his special lines :(

But nice use of your team, and LA Roy is great with that movement! Nice to see Ninian in a non-dragon team as well!

@Vaximillian It's satisfying to see that screenshot of Brave Lyn's original Mulagir vs the new Swift Mulagir. Good job on not using Brave Bow :)

@NegativeExponents- Wow, OG Lyn showing new Lyn who's the real Lyn! And love it when her GF activates although you were cutting it close with your team's HP! Also great job on the themed clear! Major respect for somehow making enemy phase work. Berkut's Lance Eliwood is something I want to try eventually, and good job on Hector tanking everything on Turn 1. What's his nature?

Also not sure if I can make a themed clear myself so major props to you. Especially because of the refined weapons and reinforcements. Unless you count Horse Chrom with Fredferick being a half-theme team haha. I really don't like this map so not visiting it anytime soon.

28 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Vaximillian It's satisfying to see that screenshot of Brave Lyn's original Mulagir vs the new Swift Mulagir. Good job on not using Brave Bow :)

Yeah, I don’t replace personal weapons. Now if only they had fixed Brave Lyn being derpy and holding her bow upside-down…

@mampfoid Considering my 2* project is just a side project, it pauses at the moment ( I have more than enough other stuff). May give this map a go though. Also, as said in the video, not sure if I can continue that due to the changes to starter units with the next update.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

That's far from being a weak team, they are pretty strong! 

I can see your difficulties with this map though. You don't have ranged units and also no healers and dancers for support.

If Myrrh can't do the EP job, perhaps she needs support? Does someone of your team has spare HP? You could give him/her a healing skill. 

A red unit needs 68 ATK to one-shot L!Lyn or 44 SPD to double her. Eirika could double Lyn if self-honed, but you must take care of that Sword Fighter with Drive SPD first. Buffed Siegbert reaches 66 ATK on PP, which means you need to attack twice, proc his special or chip Lyn down before (I did that with Savage Blow to make Roy one-shot her).

I am doing a good job of being misunderstood this week! The fire team is pretty solid and clears most stuff I need it too. The Soliel team was the one I was mentioning as weak.

Judging by my play throughs only Eirika can really afford to tank her HP at any point. I think a summoner S support would also be enough, though it is possible that would mess with the way the AI moves and cause a different hiccup. I just don't like trying to grind up new S summoner supports all the dang time. Sad part is Myrrh was my S support before I S'ed Summer Corrin due to her just missing a couple speed thresholds.

I keep wanting to come up with a team for Bridal Lyn who was one of my earliest 5*'s. But I just can't seem to come up with something I like.

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@NegativeExponents- Wow, OG Lyn showing new Lyn who's the real Lyn! And love it when her GF activates although you were cutting it close with your team's HP! Also great job on the themed clear! Major respect for somehow making enemy phase work. Berkut's Lance Eliwood is something I want to try eventually, and good job on Hector tanking everything on Turn 1. What's his nature?

Also not sure if I can make a themed clear myself so major props to you. Especially because of the refined weapons and reinforcements. Unless you count Horse Chrom with Fredferick being a half-theme team haha. I really don't like this map so not visiting it anytime soon.

Thanks! I figured it was more of a mixed phase than straight up enemy phase. When the trio got down to 1 digit numbers it made me anxious. Aside from Florina, low hp is actually exactly what I needed considering all the skills that activated based on it being low: WoM, Escape Route, Wrath, Desperation.

Hectors nature is +atk/-hp. Anything he hits will die (for the most part anyway). Definitely a wish come true but I will probably never have good luck again. One of few seasonals that isn’t -atk.

Lol. Half a theme is still a theme I guess. Everyone has those maps that just isn’t for them so perfectly understandable if you don’t like it.

5 hours ago, Usana said:

I am doing a good job of being misunderstood this week! The fire team is pretty solid and clears most stuff I need it too. The Soliel team was the one I was mentioning as weak.

Oops, sorry for the misunderstanding. 

5 hours ago, Usana said:

Judging by my play throughs only Eirika can really afford to tank her HP at any point.

Even if she got really strong with her refinement, Eirika is a support unit and depends on her own buffs. Renewal and ardent sacrifice or reciprocal aid would suit her. 

5 hours ago, Usana said:

I think a summoner S support would also be enough, though it is possible that would mess with the way the AI moves and cause a different hiccup. I just don't like trying to grind up new S summoner supports all the dang time. Sad part is Myrrh was my S support before I S'ed Summer Corrin due to her just missing a couple speed thresholds.

Support is being build up pretty fast with stamina-free GHB maps. With an emulator you could even automate a part of the process. I built Ally S support between Elincia and Oscar today in ~20 minutes in Clarisses lunatic GHB. 

5 hours ago, Usana said:

I keep wanting to come up with a team for Bridal Lyn who was one of my earliest 5*'s. But I just can't seem to come up with something I like.

Perhaps a dancer who can also buff her to deal more damage? LA!Eliwood would fit thematically and could deal physical damage. 

On 5/2/2018 at 5:32 PM, Jingle Jangle said:

After more than ten attempts, I have completed infernal using VIke, Rein, PAzura, and BLyn. The was quite a challenge.

coincidentally, my team was almost the same as yours. i had regular ike, rein, pazura, and evil takumi (all 5* non-merged). the key for me was spamming reinhardt and using takumi's draw back.

18 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Rafiel's Aria It's honestly interesting to hear you say that. I felt things were a lot more clutch during F!Grima. Maybe I'm just used to using Matt as a tank but I was never particularly worried for this one. When I failed it was generally someone other than Matt that died. It is amazing to see how much more powerful he is since the Oliver GHB. I just wish I could pull 3 more Matthews and complete him. I have the feathers, just need the copies. And well right back at you because that Raven is probably the single best unit I have for RD and GC. Another friend's Galeforce L!Ephraim and Mampfoid's Cordelia coming in 2nd and 3rd.

@mampfoid No refines, but a fun challenge. Things are a tinge busy so I don't know that I'll do a clear before bed, but we'll see.

I think it mostly got super tense when he was down to one HP. That's scary to me. XD I'm not used to characters having enough defense to like...survive. I think I tend to build more glass canons...which I ought to change. And even then, my tankier characters don't tank magic as well. But still impressive. I've said it once, I'll say it again: anyone who says the in-game content is impossible, just needs to take a team-building lesson from you. I really hope you get those Matthews. 

Aw shucks. Sorry I switched Raven out for Lucius at the moment. I like to show off all my children.

45 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I think it mostly got super tense when he was down to one HP. That's scary to me. XD I'm not used to characters having enough defense to like...survive. I think I tend to build more glass canons...which I ought to change. And even then, my tankier characters don't tank magic as well. But still impressive. I've said it once, I'll say it again: anyone who says the in-game content is impossible, just needs to take a team-building lesson from you. I really hope you get those Matthews. 

Aw shucks. Sorry I switched Raven out for Lucius at the moment. I like to show off all my children.

It's funny, at the very beginning of the game that's exactly what I wanted, hyper offense. But I knew so little I had to work with what I had. I wanted to use Matthew at the very beginning and tried to raise him but his damage was so pitiful and he didn't have a special skill and since I knew so little about SI (and had no fodder of any kind) I had to bench him early on. (-ATK) Kagero was in my first pool and was my funnest unit but she lacked power. Eventually my team came to be Lukas/Soren/Olivia/Wrys which turned out to be primarily enemy phase.

I think Lukas tanking and destroying everything physical was my first real taste of an EP tank's power. I didn't have anything like that for a long time, primarily having hyper offense units like Bridelia, Nino and eventually Reinhardt. I'm not sure when exactly I made the commitment to building a Matthew but to this day nothing gives me the satisfaction that using him does and there isn't a single other unit I can throw into a range of units of any color and be confident he'll survive. I really want to build a reverse Matthew in Sothe but I'm not sure if I'll give the coming free CC to him or one of the... 4-5 units that are in the running for it.

And if you think 1 HP is tense, go watch the Kana GHB lol.

@mcsilas My Inigo is +HP/-RES! It's hurt me when trying to deal with Reinhardt, but a RES refine allows him to survive quite a bit more often. TA3 probably would have fixed that, but TA2 is the perfect sweet spot. It gives him the edge he needs against blues while still allowing him to chip (and survive) reds as you could see in the Kana GHB. Also for a dagger unit, obviously I'm biased towards Matthew as he has a large HP pool with great DEF and good enough RES (without a bane) to prop up, but Saizo, Sothe and Kagero can run it as well. Saizo is primarily physical though and I don't think any of those units have the HP pool + bulk combination to run it as well, but if you like the unit enough, you'll cover their weaknesses. I'm sure you'd enjoy running a Rogue Dagger+ with an actual ATK stat.

Good luck with your Inigo as well! 

Edited by Zeo

@NegativeExponents- This is probably the first time I've ever given up. Sword Lyn is just too much of a liability in this one for me. Maybe it's because mine is -SPD but she can't kill anything and can't even double L!Lyn with a spur. Tried with a couple of different FE7 combinations until I got pretty much a Matthew solo again which isn't all that interesting.

I wanted to also do an all bow unit clear but it's just... the resource loss to do it just isn't worth it for me sadly. This on infernal is genuinely difficult outside of my main team if I put specific restrictions on composition. I wanted to do a themed clear but I might just end up clearing infernal with a different set of units if I do this at all. Your FE7 clear was stellar, you made it look easy. I don't know that I'm going to do another clear. It's too bad, I wish this map would come back at a later date.

Also my team isn't ready yet. Lukas doesn't have SB (I'm procrastinating) and Chrom doesn't have anything other than ATK+3 in his A slot for now. In the best case I'll pick a group of units I like and do an infernal clear with them. In the worst case nothing. 

Here's my own clear, with the usual Narcian/Hinoka/Caeda/Shanna squad:

I remember it going quite differently this first time I cleared it, but for the life of me I could not recreate it.  Oh well, more solutions is always better right?

@Zeo Yeah, it would be near impossible for a -spd Lyn to double L!Lyn. Mine was +spd and she still needed the Fury boost and a hone speed to double. Not to mention I had to make sure that Swift Mulagir wasn’t active and the Wo Dao fighter was dead because of his drive spd. L!Lyn is very fast sitting at 39 spd, and with all those buffs, she can get up to 46 speed making her difficult to double in the player phase without the use of a breaker (which doesn’t yet exist for her weapon). I mean it would still be possible if you somehow get rid of her buffs, debuff her spd (smoke, seal, threaten), and buff your own Lyn but admittedly that’s a lot of work. Another approach, such as trying to ohko her or letting another unit handle it, would be better in this case.

An all bow clear in this map is seriously ambitious! I can’t even fathom what that would entail. I know I’ve mentioned before that this was a difficult project but I guess it is kinda hard to believe it if you don’t experience the struggle yourself.

I must ask. Why do you want to do another clear of this map? I think the clear you already did for this was fantastic too! Also you’re not a quitter. There’s no shame in doing this with another team whenever you happen to be more prepared if you truly want to. I’m sure this map will come back again later so no need to rush.

Edited by NegativeExponents-