Legendary Hero Battle Across the Plains: Lyn

SatsumaFSoysoy

@Zeo Thanks! I wanted to let normal Lyn shine especially against all the new alts coming out haha. I love Drive Sacred Seals since they really help in my themed clears. But yea unfortunately green Lyn is so hard to double and everyone was low on health by that point.

@NegativeExponents- Huh, didn't realise the whole defense stat boon/bane thing! And yeah, it's funny how this is one time where I didn't want Lyn to double. It was mostly trial and error though, thanks to the 0 stamina. But yes, my defense boon Lyn is always a surprise, its amazing how much physical hits she can take back in the early FEH days because of her speed. Netted a few defense wins too with Brash Assault before powercreep came into effect. Reciprocal Aid is also in her main kit to activate Sol Katti's Desperation.

I could have used Soren for the male wind mage spot, but he didn't have Excalibur's effect plus he was 4 star. I really wanted Merric to work, and it was satisfying to see the damage he deals to the lance wyverns. Sure he's not the best green mage but he can be quite bulky when needed.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid

I had a pity breaker -Spd Sothe lying around, so I finally put him to work =P . Also Glacies Caeda, because ew, stat-inflated Sword Fighter. Clair deals 81 damage to the Sword Cav, and dies to the counterattack. With Attack+, the Lance Armor wouldn’t have died. When are we getting more easily accessible Death Blow 4?

Edited by LordFrigid

53 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Can someone recommend me a solution for this LHB and maybe Robin's that doesn't use Brave Lyn or Flier Emblem? 

Without knowing what units you have it can be tough. For example, does no Brave Lyn also mean no Brave Veronica?

For Lyn's you might need to wait a bit for low SI clears to pop up. The non-brave lyn ones I have seen are stuff like these, which tend to have really heavily built units.

Spoiler

For Robin's here are some videos that might give you some clues - One uses LA Roy and Takumi instead of Brave Lyn and the other uses Veronica/Walhart/Legendary Ike/4*Olivia

Spoiler

Anyways even if you don't have the exact units just seeing clears can sometimes give you ideas on something you can do, so I figured I would dump some. Edit- Though I don't really expect the two dragon clears for Lyn to be overly helpful. That requires a lot of investment and tends to just be 'uber dragon tanks everything'. So unlikely it yields much aid.

Edited by Usana

Wow, this one was pretty ok. I did it with Sonya, Axura, A!Tiki and Aversa. 
Thanks to aerobatics I could do some nice positioning with Aversa and it was ok. A.Tiki did the Tank role and Sonya was damage dealer as always. 

1 hour ago, Usana said:

Without knowing what units you have it can be tough. For example, does no Brave Lyn also mean no Brave Veronica?

For Lyn's you might need to wait a bit for low SI clears to pop up. The non-brave lyn ones I have seen are stuff like these, which tend to have really heavily built units.

Reveal hidden contents

For Robin's here are some videos that might give you some clues - One uses LA Roy and Takumi instead of Brave Lyn and the other uses Veronica/Walhart/Legendary Ike/4*Olivia

Reveal hidden contents

Anyways even if you don't have the exact units just seeing clears can sometimes give you ideas on something you can do, so I figured I would dump some. Edit- Though I don't really expect the two dragon clears for Lyn to be overly helpful. That requires a lot of investment and tends to just be 'uber dragon tanks everything'. So unlikely it yields much aid.

Thank you, i will watch those clears and see a way to replicate. I'm a recently new player so many of those must have units i don't have, tho i do have Veronica. 

I have up to Lunatic in both of them, but maybe in Lyn i can use my dragons to do it??? I have L Tiki, Adult Tiki 4*, Ninian, H Myrrh and M Kana 4*.

@RexBolt I had thought I recalled you being a new player. Sadly I don't think non-premium dragons will pull it off. At a minimum Lightning Breath+Steady Breath+Aether is required for them. My Regular Myrrh+4 can't do it. She just takes too much damage and drops. Though her problem seems to be that she is green. Blue and Red dragons seem to have an easier time. For Halloween Myrrh you would almost certainly have to run Distant counter on her. I am REALLY regretting burning my last DC fodder on Flying Tiki. She can't do squat on this map due to insanely inflated speed stats.

Legendary Tiki though might be able to pull something off. The problem is she has very limited mobility and I am not quite sure if she can take Nowi's spot in the Nowi clear due to 1 move. Since I don't have L Tiki though I won't be able to advise there. The trick for the Nowi Clear is you need a green flyer with enough physical durability to wall that firesweep lance and battle the dragon lance.

Personally I just have to wait for more clears to pop up and see if there are any I can use as a baseline.

Edit- Just up to Lunatic? So you are looking for Infernal clears too? Those are much easier to get - Example without Brave Lyn and very little in the way of unit power.

Spoiler

Edited by Usana

My Halloween Tempest Trials team managed to demolish this one despite being almost entirely melee since, unlike Eirika's map, this one has a decent amount of open space to maneuver.

Flying Myrrh switched out Guidance for Iote's Shield to survive the second bow knight. Mia switched out Live to Serve for Flier Formation to snipe the first bow knight.

+10 Halloween Mia [+Spd, -Def] (Witchy Wand+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Fliers, Flier Formation 3)
+10 Myrrh [+Atk, -Spd] (Great Flame, Reposition, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Dragons, Iote's Shield)
+10 Halloween Myrrh [+Atk, -Spd] (Spirit Breath, Swap, Aether, Distant Counter, Vengeful Fighter 3, Armor March 3, Atk/Def 2)
+10 Legendary Tiki [+Atk, -Res] (Divine Mist, Swap, Aether, Fierce Stance, Bold Fighter 3, With Everyone!, Quick Riposte 3)

Now to figure out how to deal with Eirika's Abyssal map. Maybe I can switch flying Myrrh out for Halloween Kagero to snipe the dumb blue knight through the godforsaken wall.

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid

I had a pity breaker -Spd Sothe lying around, so I finally put him to work =P . Also Glacies Caeda, because ew, stat-inflated Sword Fighter. Clair deals 81 damage to the Sword Cav, and dies to the counterattack. With Attack+, the Lance Armor wouldn’t have died. When are we getting more easily accessible Death Blow 4?

Woa, perfect kills with Clair and Azura. Also that Wo dao Glacies! Congrats!

I'm a little worried my unmerged units will be useful here. 

Regarding DB4: I keep spare Siegbert and spare Delthea in case 5* units will get the 4th level of their skills eventually. 

can someone help - i'm not sure what exactly i'm missing, so maybe i just need another pair of eyes. 

my team for Lunatic
Ike (53 atk), Clarisse (Vanilla), Ursula (Vanilla), and Olivia (minus atk)
If I run

Spur Atk (On Olivia)
QR1 On Ike (In B Slot). 

on the third phase - Bow Knight Kills me, Lyn doesn't die, meaning that Clarisse will die. 

If i Run QR2 in S Slot for Ike. 
He kills the mages too fast - meaning I can't kill the blue armoured unit because of no Radiant, and everyone dies. 

ETA: (okay. i figured it out... I had Clarisse move and take out Lyn, and it didn't alter the map too much so i was able to compensate. but  - if anyone knows why the QR was wonky in Slot B vs. Sacred Seal that would be good to know thanks) :)

Edited by daisy jane

@daisy jane Hmm.. Is the Bow knight attacking first before Lyn? That would cause QR not to be active for when Lyn attacks. I see your Ike has 1 more attack so that might be messing with the AI.

What if you throw the Poison Strike Seal on Clarisse? Ursula also has her B slot open so you could give her Poison Strike as well. If my math is right even if the Seal is at its first level it should do enough to Bring the Knight down to 3HP which should be enough for Ike to take him down. You would do Ursula's 22+10(Poison strike in B)+14(Poison Strike in B+1st level Seal)+14 for a total of 60 damage. That would leave the knight with 6HP and your Ike has one more attack which my math says is enough to bump that 5 damage to 6 damage. If not then you just need to get the Seal up to level 2.

Just a thought. I really like the low equip clears since it leaves plenty of room to add stuff in. That said I am not sure what that will do to AI movement or the rest of the clear.

1 minute ago, Usana said:

@daisy jane Hmm.. Is the Bow knight attacking first before Lyn? That would cause QR not to be active for when Lyn attacks. I see your Ike has 1 more attack so that might be messing with the AI.

What if you throw the Poison Strike Seal on Clarisse? Ursula also has her B slot open so you could give her Poison Strike as well. If my math is right even if the Seal is at its first level it should do enough to Bring the Knight down to 3HP which should be enough for Ike to take him down. You would do Ursula's 22+10(Poison strike in B)+14(Poison Strike in B+1st level Seal)+14 for a total of 60 damage. That would leave the knight with 6HP and your Ike has one more attack which my math says is enough to bump that 5 damage to 6 damage. If not then you just need to get the Seal up to level 2.

Just a thought. I really like the low equip clears since it leaves plenty of room to add stuff in. That said I am not sure what that will do to AI movement or the rest of the clear.

yah. the bow knight always attacked first. I'm thinking yah the +1 atk kind of throws things off (silly merge not helping me anymore :P ;) ). thanks for helping my brain. i was like. i don't understand what is GOING ON. (which - is also why i love this game. haha and this board y'all are helpful). 

Like i mentioned - it worked out.  Clarisse was able to kill Lyn, the AI followed the same paths etc. afterwards, so it all worked out, it was just that pesky lyn. Now i have to see what i can do re: infernal. I'd really hate to leave 8 orbs unclaimed (This + Robin's)

1 minute ago, Usana said:

@daisy jane Hah. I was posting as you were editing I guess, so I never saw that you had cleared it! Took me a bit to type it up since I was doing math.

no worries! i appreciate it (and maybe it can help someone else). because honestly seeing your response makes me feel like i am not losing my mind. i just could not figure out why the QR on B slot vs. S slot would change the AI completely. (it didn't occur to me it was actually the +1 atk on Ike). 

also being a dodo - it didn't occur to me to actually attack Lyn first. 

Took me a few tries but completed Abyssal Lyn:

+10 +Spd/-Def Brave Lyn: Brave Bow+, Reposition, Blazing Wind, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry, Savage Blow 3
5*+10 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt: Dire Thunder, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry, Atk +3
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia: Ruby Sword+, Dance, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3, Hone Spd 1
+3 +Atk/-Def Azura: base kit, Wings of Mercy 3, Atk Ploy 3

The finisher:
image0.png

Edited by Roflolxp54

I finally did it T_T This map took forever because I didn't realize how crucial the first two turns were. All I had to do was kill the Swordfighter with S!Corrin and then have Elincia take out some enemies with galeforce. It was pretty much clean up from there. The team was S!Corrin, NY!Azura, YT!Olivia, and Elincia who was the mvp without question. Surprisingly, I found Lyn's map to be harder than Eirika's.

I'm still stuck at Infernal :>_<:, played so much these last hours my eyes are hurting.

If inly i had a red unit with DC that was bulkier than Ike, at least enought to handle being poked by that Lance Armor. If only i had a Hector to give DC to my Myrrh.

Maybe i could kill Lyn turn one if i gave Myrrh Lightning Breath+ from some Nowi or Tiki?

I will look into that after my head stops hurting.

EDIT: Nope, too low Might. And the lost in Def hurts too. 

Edited by RexBolt

Sure is windy today...

This took me more tries than I care to admit. Most of my attempts to kill Lyn either ended in Grima getting dogpiled and taking just a little too much damage, or having to eat two hits from Lyn followed by one of that rude Blue Mage and Red Cavalier. Fortunately I managed to make Lyn do something dumb and run all the way to the back of the map because she only had one good Rally target, and while she was running around I played it safe on the island, picking off enemies as they came. Once all the ranged units were gone, Lyn posed no threat as long as I kept Grima's Spd up.

Took a few tries, but was able to beat Abyssal with my usual Tana/Ninian/Corrin/Azura flier team.

Eirika seems a lot tougher, though.

Edited by Othin