Legendary Hero Battle Across the Plains: Lyn

SatsumaFSoysoy

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Ginko @Nanima @Garlyle @Landmaster

Team is +HP/-Spd Lewyn, +HP/-Res Takumi, +Atk/-Def Sothe and +HP/-Def Rhajat.

Music is Cha-cha-cha (Sho Hayate's Theme) from the King of Fighters XI soundtrack (originally from Savage Reign)

So, it's time to take revenge in the Legendary Lyn map. When this first came out, I couldn't to a themed Infernal theme and had to resort to just a Lunatic one (can be found at the end of this post). I really wanted to do a Wind theme clear against the Lady of Wind and I now have an Infernal version, which uses half of the characters I used last time. This time, we now have Lewyn and his Forseti, and the 'Zephyr' Sothe, joining Takumi and his wind-based Fujin Yumi and Rhajat who is from the Wind Tribe.

Being an all-ranged team is kind of tricky, although it's a good thing Takumi has Close Counter. Cue Vantage, which was key in some important battles. That said I don't think Rhajat ended up using hers in this run (although it was handy in earlier failed tries). Another common thing is most of my team had Glimmer, which wasn't really plan but a nice side effect. Draw Back was also a key assist skill in this map.

-Rhajat is a really good PvE unit, her base kit just works well. I forgot she had Savage Blow naturally, so it was time to learn it to make it easier for these reinforcement maps. In the end I don't think she needed the extra Distant Def seal for this run (she did in Lunatic).

-Takumi's CC+Vantage against the Galeforce swordie was really funny. Good to see this strat come back and actually work out. The Close Def was important so he had enough health for the lance wyvern.

-It's nice to use Sothe's Peshkatz working out in this clear. Vantage works really well after the buff/debuffs take effect. He needed Lewyn's Drive Atk boost to do as much damage before the enemy can hit him. His Spur Atk/Spd seal also comes in really handy. In fact, I think Takumi's exact kill in the end needed this Spur plus Lewyn's Drive Atk SS.

-Lewyn puts it work even with his base kit and -Spd. Forseti is just so good. He needed to be in a position to delete the blue mage later on in an instant because the red mage would have Owl Tome boosts and would pose a problem against my half-green team.

Oooohh an all ranged and almost all Vantage team. This was really fun to watch! I would have been scared to use 2 Greens against a map with a lot of strong Red units but it works against all these Horses for Rhajat. Peshkatz also proved really good here to nail some good kills. Takumi with CC and Vantage also had some good moments, loved the Galeforce Cav kill, LOL~ Lewyn's just naturally so good, really hope I can get him one of these days~ Overall Vantage shenanigans are always fun~

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice clear! Cordelia + Cherce + flying dancer is just so good. Also wow, I don't remember Cherche's Japanese VA being that high-pitched compared to Awakening..unless it's a different VA? Also really like Ike's Japanese VA, sounds a lot manlier and more fitting with the design. You sure showed me the value of a tanking red DC with Aether sustain! I really liked how you solved the issue of staying out of range from those darn ranged horses.

Yeah, the old one retired. She also did Tharja, and the same replacement VA did both.

Unfortunately my A!Tiki isn't ready yet, otherwise she would have taken up VIke's role.

@mcsilas Sorry for not responding to the video earlier, I wanted to get home first to watch it. Vantage killing is a good time! Maybe you could build a Kaze or some form of Lyn for this theme team later on? I think those two would fit the theme better than Rhajat, though losing a second source of magic damage would definitely make everything much much harder.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Finished. Team used...

Spoiler
  • Unit 1: Happy New Year Azura [+Atk -Def +1] Hagoita+ [Spd], Sing, Moonbow
  • Fury 3, Wing of Mercy 3, Hone Fliers, Flier Formation 3

• Unit 2: Wings of Fate Hinoka [+Spd -Def +2] Firesweep Bow+, Reposition, Luna
  • Life and Death 3, Flier Formation 3, Flier Guidance 3, Speed +3 (S support with ToD!Nowi)

• Unit 3: Bridal Bloom Ninian [+Atk -Def] Fresh Bouquet+ [Spd], Dance, Moonbow
  • Fury 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Fliers, Hone Atk 3

• Unit 4: Trick or Defeat Nowi [+Atk -Res +2] Rauðrblade+, Reposition, Glimmer
  • Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Fliers, Speed +3 (S support with HNY!Azura)

Step-by-step of what I did...

Spoiler

PP1: Nowi moves directly down to take on Sword Inf, who is left with 30 HP. Bride Ninian moves down to refresh Nowi, who moves to Ninian's right side to finish Sword Inf off. Hinoka moves directly above Ninian to let Azura warp next to Nowi to refresh her. Nowi moves above Azura and Repositions her.

EP1: Lance Armor moves directly left, two spaces left of the bottom bridge. Bow Cav is to the space bottom-right of Lance Armor. Sword Cav moves to Lance Armor's bottom-left, while Lyn moves in to Rally the Sword Cav. Slaying Lance Flier does not seem to move. Firesweep Lance Flier spawns.

PP2: Nowi, who was Hone Fliered by Azura, moves left to kill the Sword Cav in two hits (Glimmer triggers). Azura moves down to refresh Nowi, who again moves above Azura and Repositions her. Hinoka moves one space up, letting Ninian teleport above Hinoka and to Nowi's left.

EP2: Firesweep Lance Flier is on the forest that is south of Hinoka and Ninian. Lyn moves to their right and Rallys them. Lance Armor moves up one space. Slaying Lance Flier moves up two spaces. Bow Cav moves to the space bottom-left of Lance Armor, directly next to the bottom bridge. Second Bow Cav and Axe Dragon spawn.

PP3: Hinoka moves to directly below Nowi and attacks the first Bow Cav, who is then killed by Nowi who moved onto the bridge. Azura refreshes Nowi from her right, who then moves up one space to kill the Axe Dragon. Ninian moves next to Nowi.

EP3: Lance Armor moves one space up. Slaying Lance Flier moves two up. Lyn moves below the Firesweep Lance Flier and Rallys them. They moves to the top buildings left. Bow Cav (the newer one that is) moves directly below Firesweep. Blue Mage and R.Mage Cav spawn.

PP4: Hinoka moves in to kill Slaying Lance Flier (Firesweep Lance Flier will now be Lance Flier). Azura refreshes Hinoka from her left side. Hinoka moves to Azura's left and repositions her. Nowi moves to below Ninian and attacks Lance Armor once. Glimmer is ready to trigger on her next attack. Ninian moves to Nowi's left, who then moves to between Azura and Ninian.

EP4: Lance Armor moves left, onto the bridge. Lance Flier moves to below the bottom bridge, where Lyn once again Rallys them from directly below them. Bow Cav is to the right of the bridge. Blue Mage moves to above the bottom building. R.Mage Cav moves up three spaces. Sword Flier, Lance Dragon, and Axe Armor all spawn.

PP5: Nowi teleports to below Hinoka and one-hit kills Bow Cav thanks to Glimmer. Azura moves to Nowi's left and refreshes her. Hinoka moves above Azura and Repositions her. Nowi moves to the bottom-left of Lance Armor and attacks. Ninian moves to Nowi's left and refreshes her. Nowi now moves to where Ninian was and finishes off the Lance Armor.

EP5: Lyn does not move but Rallies Lance Flier, who moves to Ninian's right and attacks. Ninian lives with low HP (which becomes 1 after Fury damage), triggering Escape Route from now on. Lance Dragon moves 2 spaces left, R.Mage Cav moves 3 spaces up, Blue Mage moves 2 spaces up, Axe Armor moves one space up, and Sword Flier moves two spaces left.

PP6: Nowi moves one space up and kills the Lance Dragon. Hinoka attacks Lance Flier but fails to kill. Azura moves below and refreshes Hinoka, who finishes the job. Ninian teleports to Nowi's left side. Nowi is within range of R.Mage Cav, and Azura is within range of Blue Mage.

EP6: Lyn Rallies Blue Mage, who proceeds to attack Azura. Fails to kill her, but leaves her below half health after Fury. R.Mage Cav moves in to attack Nowi, but is killed on retaliation. Nowi is left with 8 HP, triggering Desperation from now on. Sword Flier moves up two spaces, and Axe Armor moves left, above the top building.

PP7: Hinoka moves in to weaken Blue Mage, who is finished off by a Glimmer-charged Nowi. Ninian refreshes Hinoka, who kills Sword Flier. Azura moves to Hinoka's left and refreshes her, who then moves above Hinoka and Repositions her.

EP7: Axe Armor moves left, and Lyn Rallies them.

PP8: Nowi moves in to weaken Axe armor, leaving them with 12 HP. Azura moves above Nowi and refreshes her, while Hinoka moves in to reposition her. Nowi finishes off Axe Armor, and now has Glimmer charged. Ninian refreshes Nowi from above, and Nowi, with the charged Glimmer, can move in to kill Lyn and finish the map.

13 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Revenge succeed, congrats! 

I'd like to get Rhajat and Lewyn (and Flying Nino) on a banner like the current VG#2 banner, your clear reminds me of that once again. 

Takumi and Sothe, what's their connection to wind? 

Like @Landmaster wrote, one of the best moments is the Galeforce Cavs suicide :-) Too bad for him he started with reduced special counter (4). Also Sothe's Vantage one-hit kill of boss-Lyn was great. 

Nice move at turn 3 taking out the flier while staying out of trouble at the same time. Glad to see Takumi being this useful, perfect final blow included. 

Funnily Forsetti's effect was never needed (as far as I noticed), the only ranged unit Lewyn attacked was killed in one hit. 

Thanks to the VG Sacred Coins, I got Hardy Bearing and finally beat Abyssal. It's more or less the same a PM's clear up until I kill the Vantage Bow Cav so I figure it's not really worth a video but finally glad to be done with this OMG.

14 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Ginko @Nanima @Garlyle @Landmaster

Music is Cha-cha-cha (Sho Hayate's Theme) from the King of Fighters XI soundtrack (originally from Savage Reign)

So, it's time to take revenge in the Legendary Lyn map. When this first came out, I couldn't to a themed Infernal theme and had to resort to just a Lunatic one (can be found at the end of this post). I really wanted to do a Wind theme clear against the Lady of Wind and I now have an Infernal version, which uses half of the characters I used last time. This time, we now have Lewyn and his Forseti, and the 'Zephyr' Sothe, joining Takumi and his wind-based Fujin Yumi and Rhajat who is from the Wind Tribe.

Being an all-ranged team is kind of tricky, although it's a good thing Takumi has Close Counter. Cue Vantage, which was key in some important battles. That said I don't think Rhajat ended up using hers in this run (although it was handy in earlier failed tries). Another common thing is most of my team had Glimmer, which wasn't really plan but a nice side effect. Draw Back was also a key assist skill in this map.

-Rhajat is a really good PvE unit, her base kit just works well. I forgot she had Savage Blow naturally, so it was time to learn it to make it easier for these reinforcement maps. In the end I don't think she needed the extra Distant Def seal for this run (she did in Lunatic).

-Takumi's CC+Vantage against the Galeforce swordie was really funny. Good to see this strat come back and actually work out. The Close Def was important so he had enough health for the lance wyvern.

-It's nice to use Sothe's Peshkatz working out in this clear. Vantage works really well after the buff/debuffs take effect. He needed Lewyn's Drive Atk boost to do as much damage before the enemy can hit him. His Spur Atk/Spd seal also comes in really handy. In fact, I think Takumi's exact kill in the end needed this Spur plus Lewyn's Drive Atk SS.

-Lewyn puts it work even with his base kit and -Spd. Forseti is just so good. He needed to be in a position to delete the blue mage later on in an instant because the red mage would have Owl Tome boosts and would pose a problem against my half-green team.

@Alexmender Nice! Don't feel too bad about Eirika not soloing, Abyssal really tests you with those stats and to be honest, I enjoy clears where everyone in the team works together and have all their moments a bit more. Still I like how you pushed forward to the village, and weren't stuck in a corner. And yes I agree that the lance armour can be soooo annoying, even in Infernal I had to quickly delete that guy and break that darn Wary Fighter, so it was satisfying to see your Lancebreaker Micaiah delete it's absurd HP out of existence.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice clear! Cordelia + Cherce + flying dancer is just so good. Also wow, I don't remember Cherche's Japanese VA being that high-pitched compared to Awakening..unless it's a different VA? Also really like Ike's Japanese VA, sounds a lot manlier and more fitting with the design. You sure showed me the value of a tanking red DC with Aether sustain! I really liked how you solved the issue of staying out of range from those darn ranged horses.

---

Link to original Lunatic Wind theme clear (really worked hard on this one since I used my first 5 stars OG Lyn and Merric to somehow clear it.)

Reveal hidden contents

ohoo i LOVE this. 
i really hope to get a Rajhat one day!
Seeing this makes me happy i am also training up my sothes. 

Team Oliver takes on Infernal Legendary Lyn: 

Walhart is ridiculous again tanking swords, arrows and everything physical. Check the last turn, everyone of the team unloads his special. 

I don't know if I'll find the time to do the Celica clear tomorrow, not to speak of Eirika's map. 

@Nanima @Landmaster @mcsilas @daisy jane @NSSKG151

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Team Oliver takes on Infernal Legendary Lyn: 

Walhart is ridiculous again tanking swords, arrows and everything physical. Check the last turn, everyone of the team unloads his special. 

I don't know if I'll find the time to do the Celica clear tomorrow, not to speak of Eirika's map. 

@Nanima @Landmaster @mcsilas @daisy jane @NSSKG151

That Bow Cav really had it out for Stahl, another 1 HP survival and more cool Escape Route usage. Walhart and Oliver leading the charge and Takumi cleaning up the fliers was really clean~

@daisy jane Thanks! Rhajat isn't on many banners and she came to me randomly. Hope she appears for you someday. Sothe is great as one of the few offensively good daggers- the buffs/debuffs are fun

@mampfoid Takumi's Fuujin Yumi is wind-based, as a counterpart to Ryoma and his lightning-based Raijinto. As for Sothe...well I just went with his title in FEH being Zephy which is wind-related. He doesn't really have wind-based weapons (Rhajat doesn't either) but close enough lol

Also sorry for the late reply but nice Oliver clear! Warping skills are always fun, and nice to see everyone say their special lines in the end. Wolf Berg is an interesting weapon, I'm still on the fence if I should promote Walhart or not since I already have Frederick but I guess the stat boost helps for PvE maps like these

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Takumi's Fuujin Yumi is wind-based, as a counterpart to Ryoma and his lightning-based Raijinto. As for Sothe...well I just went with his title in FEH being Zephy which is wind-related. He doesn't really have wind-based weapons (Rhajat doesn't either) but close enough lol

Just being curious, I don't know much about most chars. 

(Just got Legault in Blazing Blade, he could be wind-themed because of his title). 

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Also sorry for the late reply but nice Oliver clear! Warping skills are always fun, and nice to see everyone say their special lines in the end. Wolf Berg is an interesting weapon, I'm still on the fence if I should promote Walhart or not since I already have Frederick but I guess the stat boost helps for PvE maps like these

Thanks! There are certainly better units than Walhart, but it's always fun to make him work like this. 

Wasn't motivated enough to beat all those blue units with my Celicas btw., neither to try Eirikas map. I beat Tiki & Nowi BHB with both teams, but it wasn't interesting enough to show off (except perhaps OG Celica one-shotting the blue mage). 

@mcsilas That was a pretty amazing team and theme clear. It's so nice to see someone still using takumi's standard kit effectively. Lewyn destroyed everyone, Rhajat was good for both offence and support, while Sothe really showed just how good his dagger is. Aversa had WoM as the most useful skill when facing her, but for your clear Vantage proved essential instead.

@mampfoid What a beautiful clear. Stahl really is a tough cookie with how much the bow cavalier was stalking him. Wallhart took out huge chunks off the enemy's health, even if he didn't always kill. Takumi sweeped up all the fliers and Oliver also took more than a few hits himself. And as usual warping is just plain fun.

Edited by Nanima

11 hours ago, Nanima said:

@mampfoid What a beautiful clear. Stahl really is a tough cookie with how much the bow cavalier was stalking him. Wallhart took out huge chunks off the enemy's health, even if he didn't always kill. Takumi sweeped up all the fliers and Oliver also took more than a few hits himself. And as usual warping is just plain fun.

Thanks, glad you liked it! 

I wish I had more WoM3 fodder. ;-/

@Alexmender The music really doesn't do this clear justice. You weren't going to be able to solo a map like this, I wasn't expecting you to. This map needs a team with a leader and you brought just that. Lyn doubling Eirika just goes to show you how much this one means business. But you brought it. Eirika does what she does best and Cordelia/Azura provided crucial support, but I really think Micaiah shined the brightest in this clear. She dished out damage in the 100s, scored some crazy doubles and even cheated certain death on EP. She really was a marvel. I almost wish I liked her and maybe I would use her more and finally decide weather I want to keep my +SPD/-HP one or build my +ATK/-HP one. But enough rambling. This one deserved custom music, but it was epic all the same.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Didn't expect to see Ike there. Forget that even... I didn't expect any of what I watched. Masterful use of Galeforce and Flier positioning to carefully pick off each enemy while skillfully evading the bow cavs and the threat of the Lance Armor until near the end. A threat that for me, felt like a looming presence symbolizing certain death. Still, the most satisfying thing was you making such quick work of Lyn. She can't roam around on this map if you want to beat it, but she's still not at all easy to dispatch and you made it look like child's play. Top notch clear.

@mcsilas Really cool clear here. As I was watching I was kinda surprised at how little Lewyn was doing, thought he was going to be wind chimes for most of the clear but boy did he prove me wrong. Everyone pulled their weight here, Takumi was able to tank that blue flier which made me cringe and go "...really?" but the biggest shocker was Sothe oneshotting Lyn. I really wasn't expecting that. Sorry it took me so long to get here.

@mampfoid You know, it's funny. Watching Walhart tank like a monster should have made me think of nonsensical armors like Hector, Effie or Zelgius, but I didn't. I thought of Matthew. Seeing him tank the way he did, and without any sort of Smoke still is really something. Still he didn't act alone. The AI flubbed again. Had it sacrificed the bow cav to weaken Oliver, the lance flier could have finished him, but what's strategy? Attack Stahl instead. Then the warping kicked in. There was a little of everything you see in my clears here, hopefully that doesn't make me sound bigheaded, but I really enjoyed it. Stahl was clutch as well. You should consider giving some merges to these guys in the future.

Time for a mega tag. This will be one of the last of it's kind.

@Ice Dragon @LordFrigid @Quintessence @DarkLordIvy @Rezzy @Rafiel's Aria @NegativeExponents- @DefaultBeep @XRay @Hawk King @Astellius @Alkaid @Nanima @Landmaster @daisy jane @Cute Chao @Usana @Johann @Kaden @Fei Mao @Infinite Dreams @Poimagic @Hilda @Xenomata @silveraura25 @Tybrosion @SoulWeaver @Junkhead @Glennstavos @eclipse @kirauza343 @Ginko

So... I did the clear for Lyn. It's been a while since the map left since I've been busy but... honestly, it made me realize something: I spend too much time on this stuff. 

At first I thought it was going to be a nightmare but I decided to try with my Matthew team on Abyssal before anything else and to my surprise they got farther than I thought, but it wasn't enough, try after try, dozens of skill swaps and strategies and literal hours of effort later. It took everything I had and every ounce of potential out of my team, but I did it. Thing was... it wasn't satisfying this time. The clear? The clear was epic. Like... Team Morgan vs L!Lucina epic. But it didn't feel that way to me. I was tired and exasperated. I spend too much time on it and in the end I just felt relieved to get it out of the way, and that's when I realized: I feel this way all the time. Sorry, if you don't want to hear me rant you can skip to the clear.

I've come to realize that... I spend too much time on this game. On clearing content and gathering orbs? Nah. I have so many powerful units I can generally breeze through 80% of the content in minutes and even the arena and infernal/abyssal maps can be taken down with an hour or two of effort. It's the clears that take it out of me. Now... I enjoy doing the clears. I get a vision of what I want to do, who I want to use and the music to set the atmosphere, it's a project that I love completing. But it takes too much time and where as it kinda felt like an obligation before... now with less time on my hands I feel... anxiety when new HBs drop. Espeically LHBs. Like I have to get those clears out or... I'll have failed somehow. The feeling of satisfaction I've found has slowly become a feeling of relief at making a deadline... that feeling finally transitioning to a feeling of... almost dread when I know a new map is coming up just from the sheer amount of time needed to beat a map with the team I want, find the music, watch everyone's clears, reply, post my clear etc. It takes so much time I find myself sacrificing sleep. That's when it starts to feel like a second job, and it should never feel like that.

All this ranting aside I've come to a conclusion... I've reached burnout. I rarely care about the new units that drop, when I get *5 the feeling of excitement is mostly gone unless it's a favorite and when I don't pull anything of value, I feel... nothing really. Almost numb. That's not the way I should feel about something that's supposed to bring me joy in my spare time.

I enjoy playing FEH, and clears are fun to do because I like to come up with something in my head and bring it to life, but it's become too much. It's time scale things back. For real this time. I have a few clears in the works coming in a few days, but after those I'm done. No more triple sets of clears. I'm not going to force myself to produce those anymore. I'm going to relax. I may try to do one clear or so, maybe even two or three if it's convenient, but I think I'm mostly done. I've proven Matt can wreck shop at this point. One clear is fine and it doesn't even have to be his team I've come to realize. All together after counting I've done #106 clears. This will be one of the last big clears. I've decided, I'm scaling things back now to a clear or two only if I have the time, no more guarantees. And more importantly, after 2018, I'm done. Retiring from clears (that sounds silly I know, but this really takes too much time). I'll do some sort of fancy farewell clear for the December LHB, and that'll be a wrap. Sorry to sound so dramatic, thanks to everyone for watching my clears, making them worth doing and tolerating me tagging you every other week lol. You'll have to bear with me for a couple more months. I hope you'll continue to do so.

Thanks for listening to me (if you did.). Enjoy the clear, it's one of Matt's best. Funny, it's his 50th clear. A good place to stop. But we'll go, for just a little while longer.

And as always, Cheers~

@Zeo First off, I wanted to thank you for all the work you've put in the last year in showing off how awesomen Matthew can get. You were one of the clear makers who inspired me to try my hand at my own Taku clears. I do understand how stressful it can be sometimes, and I've had to pull back from making clears a few times myself (and even decided that Abyssal LHBs just aren't worth my time). I am looking forward to seeing the remaining clears you'll bring out, but also wish you a good time simply relaxing from all this.

Now for your clear. This one was simply amazing. Matthew just held up so incredibly well, I almost couldn't believe it. Your whole team showed of it's capabilites, and this is definitely your most impressive clear so far. Congrats!

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Alexmender The music really doesn't do this clear justice. You weren't going to be able to solo a map like this, I wasn't expecting you to. This map needs a team with a leader and you brought just that. Lyn doubling Eirika just goes to show you how much this one means business. But you brought it. Eirika does what she does best and Cordelia/Azura provided crucial support, but I really think Micaiah shined the brightest in this clear. She dished out damage in the 100s, scored some crazy doubles and even cheated certain death on EP. She really was a marvel. I almost wish I liked her and maybe I would use her more and finally decide weather I want to keep my +SPD/-HP one or build my +ATK/-HP one. But enough rambling. This one deserved custom music, but it was epic all the same.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Didn't expect to see Ike there. Forget that even... I didn't expect any of what I watched. Masterful use of Galeforce and Flier positioning to carefully pick off each enemy while skillfully evading the bow cavs and the threat of the Lance Armor until near the end. A threat that for me, felt like a looming presence symbolizing certain death. Still, the most satisfying thing was you making such quick work of Lyn. She can't roam around on this map if you want to beat it, but she's still not at all easy to dispatch and you made it look like child's play. Top notch clear.

@mcsilas Really cool clear here. As I was watching I was kinda surprised at how little Lewyn was doing, thought he was going to be wind chimes for most of the clear but boy did he prove me wrong. Everyone pulled their weight here, Takumi was able to tank that blue flier which made me cringe and go "...really?" but the biggest shocker was Sothe oneshotting Lyn. I really wasn't expecting that. Sorry it took me so long to get here.

@mampfoid You know, it's funny. Watching Walhart tank like a monster should have made me think of nonsensical armors like Hector, Effie or Zelgius, but I didn't. I thought of Matthew. Seeing him tank the way he did, and without any sort of Smoke still is really something. Still he didn't act alone. The AI flubbed again. Had it sacrificed the bow cav to weaken Oliver, the lance flier could have finished him, but what's strategy? Attack Stahl instead. Then the warping kicked in. There was a little of everything you see in my clears here, hopefully that doesn't make me sound bigheaded, but I really enjoyed it. Stahl was clutch as well. You should consider giving some merges to these guys in the future.

Time for a mega tag. This will be one of the last of it's kind.

@Ice Dragon @LordFrigid @Quintessence @DarkLordIvy @Rezzy @Rafiel's Aria @NegativeExponents- @DefaultBeep @XRay @Hawk King @Astellius @Alkaid @Nanima @Landmaster @daisy jane @Cute Chao @Usana @Johann @Kaden @Fei Mao @Infinite Dreams @Poimagic @Hilda @Xenomata @silveraura25 @Tybrosion @SoulWeaver @Junkhead @Glennstavos @eclipse @kirauza343 @Ginko

So... I did the clear for Lyn. It's been a while since the map left since I've been busy but... honestly, it made me realize something: I spend too much time on this stuff. 

At first I thought it was going to be a nightmare but I decided to try with my Matthew team on Abyssal before anything else and to my surprise they got farther than I thought, but it wasn't enough, try after try, dozens of skill swaps and strategies and literal hours of effort later. It took everything I had and every ounce of potential out of my team, but I did it. Thing was... it wasn't satisfying this time. The clear? The clear was epic. Like... Team Morgan vs L!Lucina epic. But it didn't feel that way to me. I was tired and exasperated. I spend too much time on it and in the end I just felt relieved to get it out of the way, and that's when I realized: I feel this way all the time. Sorry, if you don't want to hear me rant you can skip to the clear.

I've come to realize that... I spend too much time on this game. On clearing content and gathering orbs? Nah. I have so many powerful units I can generally breeze through 80% of the content in minutes and even the arena and infernal/abyssal maps can be taken down with an hour or two of effort. It's the clears that take it out of me. Now... I enjoy doing the clears. I get a vision of what I want to do, who I want to use and the music to set the atmosphere, it's a project that I love completing. But it takes too much time and where as it kinda felt like an obligation before... now with less time on my hands I feel... anxiety when new HBs drop. Espeically LHBs. Like I have to get those clears out or... I'll have failed somehow. The feeling of satisfaction I've found has slowly become a feeling of relief at making a deadline... that feeling finally transitioning to a feeling of... almost dread when I know a new map is coming up just from the sheer amount of time needed to beat a map with the team I want, find the music, watch everyone's clears, reply, post my clear etc. It takes so much time I find myself sacrificing sleep. That's when it starts to feel like a second job, and it should never feel like that.

All this ranting aside I've come to a conclusion... I've reached burnout. I rarely care about the new units that drop, when I get *5 the feeling of excitement is mostly gone unless it's a favorite and when I don't pull anything of value, I feel... nothing really. Almost numb. That's not the way I should feel about something that's supposed to bring me joy in my spare time.

I enjoy playing FEH, and clears are fun to do because I like to come up with something in my head and bring it to life, but it's become too much. It's time scale things back. For real this time. I have a few clears in the works coming in a few days, but after those I'm done. No more triple sets of clears. I'm not going to force myself to produce those anymore. I'm going to relax. I may try to do one clear or so, maybe even two or three if it's convenient, but I think I'm mostly done. I've proven Matt can wreck shop at this point. One clear is fine and it doesn't even have to be his team I've come to realize. All together after counting I've done #106 clears. This will be one of the last big clears. I've decided, I'm scaling things back now to a clear or two only if I have the time, no more guarantees. And more importantly, after 2018, I'm done. Retiring from clears (that sounds silly I know, but this really takes too much time). I'll do some sort of fancy farewell clear for the December LHB, and that'll be a wrap. Sorry to sound so dramatic, thanks to everyone for watching my clears, making them worth doing and tolerating me tagging you every other week lol. You'll have to bear with me for a couple more months. I hope you'll continue to do so.

Thanks for listening to me (if you did.). Enjoy the clear, it's one of Matt's best. Funny, it's his 50th clear. A good place to stop. But we'll go, for just a little while longer.

And as always, Cheers~

this was amazing. 
and i'm sorry that you felt that way - i totally agree. games shouldn't feel like work.  so you do what you need to get some mental rest, and just enjoy the game again. i do have to say it's always so cool to see people's clears because lol my mind simply does not work this way. i still need guides for goodness sakes for a good chunk (which is why i am always so happy when i can clear it myself  - and by clearing it myself, it's "Throw Tiki and LB!Myrrh at the problem, and please don't die") so i really feel that you (anyone who can do like triple clears and whatever - should feel really proud of yourselves,, honestly)

anyway. :) thanks for tagging me thanks for showing me, and get back to loving the game asap - even if that means less of this amazing stuff!

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

And as always, Cheers~

If you need to take a break or stop for good, go for it, by all means~ I'll be watching whenever you tag, don't worry about that, LOL~

I've just about memorized this map by now but as usual, Matthew shows he can tank just about anything. Genny as well, surviving the whole map with a single HP. Definitely one of your best Matthew clears~

@Zeo Nothing wrong with taking a break, after all doing so many clears with each one having it's own custom music will certainly take a toll on you and the most important thing is to have fun, this is a game after all. 

Yeah, the clear could've used better music but I couldn't bring myself to do it because the way I cleared this map was the exact same as I did months ago when it came out. Doesn't help that I kinda did this just to get it out of the way while I focused on the L!Eirika clear. Heroes warmed me up to Micaiah (wasn't a fan of how she acted in RD) so maybe I'll try to give her the spotlight every now and then. I'd also want to showcase H!Myrrh one day but that's probably boring because everyone and their mothers know how OP she is.

Anyways, your clear was as cool as ever. The synergy of your team is really clear at this point and it really shows in this map full of bloated stats. Matthew tanked everything including the awful WF blue armor which is crazy. Genny surviving that archer was also very cool.

@Zeo Sad to hear that you're burned out. Ah man, this game... I do hope that there might be a spark or something to get your interest back, but that honestly doesn't seem likely to happen because IS is IS. 

@Zeo

...Man, can't think of anything more fitting to say than /salute. When you gotta stop, you gotta stop, you try and force it and you'll end up hating us all for being the reason you tried to keep going. Also,

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

You know, it's funny. Watching Walhart tank like a monster should have made me think of nonsensical armors like Hector, Effie or Zelgius, but I didn't. I thought of Matthew. Seeing him tank the way he did, and without any sort of Smoke still is really something.

You've definitely proven to the world that pretty much anyone can go nuts in this game, so I oughta thank you for that since I had my doubts about pursuing my +10 Roy until I watched that Matthew-only Tempest Trials clear of yours. Rock on, my man, looking forward to that last LHB clear!

@Zeo Awesome clear as always with your blessed Matthew. You've been a soldier taking him through all these maps. Sorry to hear about your burnout on the game. I similarly spend way too much time just thinking things over and messing around with stuff despite how little time actually clearing the content takes. Perhaps we'll see you again later on, maybe taking things at a more casual pace to not wear out your enjoyment. That's probably the way most of these phone games are best treated, anyways.

17 hours ago, Zeo said:

Just wanted to say that I totally get what you're saying here.  I've stopped posting my own clears for more or less the same reason.  Too much work for little to no sense of satisfaction.  Especially when one goes above and beyond like you do, it's surprising how much it can take out of you.  I don't know how full-time YouTubers do it. 

Many of us lead busy enough lives without additional deadlines imposed on us by a phone game of all things.  You do what you gotta do.

First off @ruruo I'm sorry I neglected to to tag you before, you're a newer viewer of my videos. Scroll on up until you get to my post. There's a new one. :)

Thanks to all of you, I'm glad I could help you enjoy the game just a bit more and even inspire some of you to pursue things you otherwise wouldn't have. It only makes doing these clears all the more worth it. I'll be entertaining you just a bit longer. So look forward to it~

21 hours ago, Zeo said:

You know, it's funny. Watching Walhart tank like a monster should have made me think of nonsensical armors like Hector, Effie or Zelgius, but I didn't. I thought of Matthew. Seeing him tank the way he did, and without any sort of Smoke still is really something. Still he didn't act alone. The AI flubbed again. Had it sacrificed the bow cav to weaken Oliver, the lance flier could have finished him, but what's strategy? Attack Stahl instead. Then the warping kicked in. There was a little of everything you see in my clears here, hopefully that doesn't make me sound bigheaded, but I really enjoyed it. Stahl was clutch as well. You should consider giving some merges to these guys in the future.

Cool it reminded you of your own clears. That was the original intention of this team: To try something different from my offensive Galeforce squad. 

Yeah, the AI helped here and there, but I had to use every help I got. Oliver and co. aren't exactly ready for hit & run tactics and reinforcement maps force them to kill faster as they are used to. 

Merges aren't in the planning though, three of them are GHB units and it would take years playing the new mode making them all +10. I have some spare feathers, because the new mode allows me to +10 M!Marth and I don't need to merge a red unit from the scratch. 

Perhaps you've noticed it already, but I'm going slower with the clears as well now. No one turn clears for the Abyssal versions of Lyn and Ursula so far, also Celica and Oliver get only a clear if I feel like doing it. 

21 hours ago, Zeo said:

Hey, I'm very sorry you had to reach this point. I totally can relate to what you wrote, even if I'm doing less and shorter clears than you and I'm not doing any editing. It's perhaps the best thing to take a break and decide later how and if to return doing clears, something similar or something totally different. 

Don't feel obliged to reply to every tag, perhaps pick some highlights, I think people would understand. 

I've always enjoyed your clears and admired your ability to make certain units work and shine. If it's no fun anymore it's time to move on, like you wrote. 

Hopefully we'll see you here anyways from time to time. 

Salute! 

21 hours ago, Zeo said:

Enjoy the clear, it's one of Matt's best. Funny, it's his 50th clear. A good place to stop. But we'll go, for just a little while longer.

Well, that's no less than the grande finale Matthew deserved!

Matthew did the roadblock like if it was just a lunatic map, he even got the boss kill (don't know if his boss would be happy though). Great way to lure everyone in the right direction with Ayra beaming in if necessary. 

A big bang for the end, very fitting. I can imagine this took you some hours. My outmost respect and sincere Congratulations! 

Will miss your stuff.