Legendary Hero Battle Across the Plains: Lyn

SatsumaFSoysoy

This map has definitely been kicking my butt. I'm going to put this on the list of things you shouldn't try after a 5k run. XD I'll have to give it a shot again after work. It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that Merric's bowbreaker wouldn't work against Lyn. I'm really hoping I don't see much of her in the Arena because I don't have a reliable counter...aside from Lucius maybe.

I got really close on Infernal with Caeda, Summer Corrin, Shigure, and NY!Azura. Just one silly unit left! Ugh. But I like this challenge. It gives me something to really think about. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid Your clear put Savage Blow on my radar. A damage gap of 7 is no joke. Even though this is only the second LHB, it's getting a little ridiculous with the stat inflation.  

Here is my Infernal clear. Somehow this took fewer tries than Robin's LHB despite having a more restrictive map.

Edited by tobuShogi

I was entirely prepared to make a post about how ridiculous these reinforcements infernal maps were for f2p players until I actually tried it and beat it on my first attempt, granted with broken Horse Emblem (Rein, Mulagir Lyn, Xander & Clarine). As I'm far from the greatest and most patient strategist, that's a lot of luck. 

I entirely expected to rely on a guide as I needed to for all other reinforcement infernal maps.

(wait, it was actually my 2nd attempt, the first one I was demolished in a single turn by that Galeforce slayer cav)

@LordFrigid I like your approach (left route), congratulations. Lilina for ATK tactic and to move Caeda into position. In the end it didn't matter what bows the opponents equipped, Tana took care of them on Player Phase. Nice to see Finn wreck some stuff, but MVP was the hut blocking the Cav away from Caeda. ^^

@tobuShogi Savage blow helped me in some of these clears already, because the opponents tend to stay nicely clutched together. I need more Camillas. 

Regardless of the infernal stat inflation, your units didn't care much about WTA. Lyn getting killed by blues and Roy one-rounding that Lance. Congratulations! 

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Yep, with reinforcements on turn 1 this map would have been much more difficult to solve with an one turn strategy for me. I would have needed a unit which could do Cherches job, but with 1 more movement (= Cav) to save Azuras dance for an additional attack. 

Wow, your LA!Hector counter kills that sword Cav (and other units) like nothing! Another cool unit I'm missing. 

I like the music and in your video I can see all the stuff I'm missing with a one turn approach. Perhaps I'll do another one with different units. 

Talking about cav axe users, have you considered building a Fredrick? He’s basically Cherche on a horse and I’d imagine he’d be useful.

That’s the beauty of 58 atk and 40 def Hector. Even swords have trouble putting a dent on him and, thanks to B!Armads, will get decimated by ignis if they’re unfortunate enough to activate it.

Eh, you’re not really missing much unless you’re masochistic and like hellish turn-based reinforcements, but if you do go through with it I recommend going on the offensive as opposed to turtling. Maybe it’s just me but being swarmed is the last thing I want in this map.

10 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

@NegativeExponents- I can recognize the Chrono Cross opening theme. Haha. Mitsuda is a modern-day Mozart. 

I’m not very familiar with his work outside the Chrono series but I’m willing to agree. His work is just some of the best out there.

15 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Talking about cav axe users, have you considered building a Fredrick? He’s basically Cherche on a horse and I’d imagine he’d be useful.

I have build an +ATK 4*+10 Frederick and he caused quite some damage in TTs, but he won't see Galeforce anytime soon. Brave users depend on quads or Heavy blade to proc GF, while there is only 1 seal (usually equipped on Cordelia or Oscar) my sole Ike was sacrificed already to Cherche.

I wanted to build Alfonse since he got the best ATK/SPD stats, but I never got him. The next greens to receive GF will be *5+1 Titania (+SPD/-DEF, has also DC inherited), NY!Azura (+SPD/-RES) and Minvera (+SPD/-HP). Next in line are Caeda (+ATK/-HP, candidate for my last DC fodder) and Tana (+SPD/-RES). 

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Praise be to the impassable hut thing.

FE7_25.png

The only thing that stops me from building a Galeforce team is the fear of no special lines. Special lines are cool.

Forgot to say, but I actually managed to beat it yesterday. Used a Brave Archer/Dancer team and followed Omni H's guide to it. I will see if I can beat it on my own for as long as the map remains.

58 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The only thing that stops me from building a Galeforce team is the fear of no special lines. Special lines are cool.

Yeah, I miss those. Also the appeal of AoE specials is decreased because of this ... not to speak of healers. 

The only time I hear the special lines are when a map starts, but they all just say the one line. Hopefully a future patch makes it so they'll say a random one instead of the same one every time.

On 4/27/2018 at 5:22 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

- This map is pretty unfriendly to Enemy Phase and Emblem teams in general.

Says you~

@mampfoid Good stuff as always. Roy's ATK was massive at 66 ATK and he still needed Savage Blow to oneshot the sword infantry. The inflation is getting ridiculous. That and they're finally starting to put refinements on the enemy units for these maps. It's getting exciting!

@NegativeExponents- Your clear was butter. Seeing all FE7 units clear the map was both nostalgic and awesome, especially the fact that it was the trio. Also as someone who puts a lot of effort into choosing music, having the first song end just as sword Lyn clips bow Lyn was brilliant. To the point that after I finished watching I had to go back and watch that part again. Amazing stuff.

@Ginko Never get tired of watching that LA!Roy for some reason. Shiro is great as always and while I may want to +10 Chrom, I might sacrifice one (when I pull a few) to give Lukas Aether. I'm pretty sure I want to go with the Steady Breath build. Shiro makes it look incredibly fun.

@DarkLordIvy I may not comment on your clears but they're always a treat to watch. Your dedication to Soren is pretty amazing and it's a feat that you clear all these maps not only without cavalry or healers, but without either blue or colorless units. 

@Rafiel's Aria @mcsilas @Alexmender @Vaximillian @Nosmur @Quintessence @Infinite Dreams @Johann @Fei Mao @Cute Chao @DefaultBeep @XRay @Hilda @Poimagic and just for this time @tobuShogi and @LordFrigid .

Matthew's cleared over two dozen of these types of maps at this point, but they're almost always on another games playing field so it felt good using an FE7 unit for an FE7 themed stage for a change. This one was a tried and true Matthew tanking classic. 

It took a few tries but the key turned out not to be attacking as much as possible, but carefully choosing when to attack and who you wanted to eat Ignis. Yeah, we have to bring out the big guns for this clear. Matt was having some trouble killing key opponents at first and I was initially going to go with the DEF refine on his weapon, but before that happened I realized the Drive ATK 2 seal became a thing not too long ago and Ayra's seal slot is generally flexible depending on the map. That played a key part in this clear even if Ayra herself didn't do too much. Genny helped out a bit but that pair was strictly cover and support this time around. Matthew and Inigo shared the spotlight and while Matt was the star of the show, Inigo had to take a much more active combat role this time around than he usually does. This was a fun one to be sure. 

I'd actually like to do some clears with another team or two. But considering both my birthday and my mom's are this week (6th and the 3rd) I doubt I'll have the time. Then there's the Kana GHB coming up. Both I and my team are going to be busy this week so no promises. Anyways, enjoy the ride.

Well, trying to clear this with my usual set of restrictions didn't work, so I had to let B!Lyn have some fun.

1. L!Ike+1: Had Reposition, Axebreaker 3, and the Distant Defense 3 seal
  2. B!Lucina+2: Had Reposition, Vantage 3, the Hone Speed 3 seal, and S-support with B!Lyn
  3. B!Lyn: Had Swap, an HP+4 seal, and S-support with B!Lucina
  4. Guunthra: Had Death Blow 3, Draw Back, and an Atk+3 seal

This is one of the few times I've really had to use every one of my units to their fullest potential. All of them got plenty of kills, although I'd say L!Ike did the best holding the bottom bridge. That extra one movement from being mounted came in handy many times.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Good stuff as always. Roy's ATK was massive at 66 ATK and he still needed Savage Blow to oneshot the sword infantry. The inflation is getting ridiculous. That and they're finally starting to put refinements on the enemy units for these maps. It's getting exciting!

Thanks! They did refinements also in Grimas legendary battle, perhaps it's a LHB thing? 

Your Matthew doesn't care about those refined weapons though. As long as he takes zero damage from so many opponents, low HP doesn't become an issue. Not to mention the one-shot of infernal Lyn, the newest legendary unit. Congratulations! 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@GinkoNever get tired of watching that LA!Roy for some reason. Shiro is great as always and while I may want to +10 Chrom, I might sacrifice one (when I pull a few) to give Lukas Aether. I'm pretty sure I want to go with the Steady Breath build. Shiro makes it look incredibly fun.

I wish LA Roy will appear again in any Legendary banners soon. I want +ATK version so he can catch more kills. 

Your Matthew still impress me, I think I can try using him today in GC. My suggestion is if you have more feathers to spare why don't you give him SPD smokes 3?(from Evil Takumi). It will turn him to be a debuff beast and you don't have to rely on Threaten SPD crappy 2 range anymore.

@Zeo

Your Matthew almost makes me want to use the free Takumi for him, but I must resist for now >.< I might decide to at a later date, but I have some other contenders and can't dedicate too many resources to one unit. But I have been considering it. Seeing your runs are great - even better when it's Matthew vs Lyndis and her generic legion, since she seems to have forgotten who Kent, Wil, Rath, Erk, Wallace and Sain are >.<

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

@NegativeExponents- Your clear was butter. Seeing all FE7 units clear the map was both nostalgic and awesome, especially the fact that it was the trio. Also as someone who puts a lot of effort into choosing music, having the first song end just as sword Lyn clips bow Lyn was brilliant. To the point that after I finished watching I had to go back and watch that part again. Amazing stuff.

I just couldn’t help it. With a map like this, it was impossible not to use the trio. I can’t believe that I’ve never bothered using them all together until now.

I like to think that I put adequate effort into my music also but this time it really was perfect. Seeing how the first track was fairly short and it had a strong and impactful ending, it would have been a crime to not have it end with Lyn vs S̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶!̶L̶y̶n̶ L!Lyn. It’s good that my efforts to get that down pat were not unnoticed.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

*video*

Incredible that Matt and Inigo took on the most of the map without even having to move from the choke point until near the end. OHKO on L!Lyn from Matt caught me off guard. Did not expect her to go down so early.

By any chance, was one of the teams you had in mind for another clear your final 4?

@Zeo Wow. That exact damage on Lyn.
@LordFrigid Now you just went and made that look too easy.
@Wanda Nice positioning there.
@DarkLordIvy Good to see Soren shine. Congrats on not giving up!
@mampfoid Way to make me want more Galeforce units!
@kirauza343 Yup that is what I had to do.

Now matter what I tried with my Fire team I just couldn't manage. I think I would have if it were Fire season. Myrrh was just a touch away from surviving a key encounter, but I had no real way to give her the extra def she needed. I got down the the last wave but just could clear. Le Lyn herself was a real *bleep* to deal with.

When I switched over to Brave Lyn/Reinhardt/Olivia/Axura I ran into repeated issues. Basically NO ONE could kill Le Lyn on my phase. I had to use Reinhardt's AoE special to blast her HP down and then I could kill her. Of course that needed me to get the foes to line up just right at just the right time. Talk about running my head into the wall. But I managed in the end and got my orbs. Doesn't feel like much of an achievement though when you Lynhardt cheese it. Since it doesn't use stamina anymore I may go back and try a couple different teams. But outside of my fire team I don't have many theme teams going right now. The Soliel/Charlotte/Inigo/PA!Olivia theme team is just weak and can't handle most high level content so I won't even try them on this they definitely can't pull this off, I just tried against my better judgement. I really need to find a team to fall in love with that actually synergizes well and can clear infernal stuff. It looks like it makes this content much more fun to try and clear.

11 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

FE7_25.png

Huh...interesting. Is it obvious that I’ve never played FE7?

In that case, praise be to the impassable ger!

@Usana Out if curiosity: How does your fire team look like? 

@Ginko Nice clear, Shiro held the choke point without taking a sweat. Siegbert tanking the blue mage was a close thing, did you calculate it beforehand? In the end all pieces fell together nicely: Roy always could proc his Bonfire when needed and there was no big manoeuvring/chipping involved.  

59 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Ginko Nice clear, Shiro held the choke point without taking a sweat. Siegbert tanking the blue mage was a close thing, did you calculate it beforehand? In the end all pieces fell together nicely: Roy always could proc his Bonfire when needed and there was no big manoeuvring/chipping involved.  

Thank you for compliment, one thing you may notice is Shiro can go offensive sometimes instead of standing still. This time I let him killed the sword cavalier first as I want to clear the way ASAP.

I didn't calculate that Siegbert will tank blue mage, I just look at blue mage ATK points and presume that he can tank because his SPD is so high, no one in this map can ORKO him from full health.

Actually ,LA Roy want Iceberg but my boy is +DEF/-RES with DEF Tactics make Bonfire reliable.

I think next time, may I tag you on my playthrough? 

I appreciate that you support me even if I didn't tag you in first place. Your Galeforce team earn my respect too as you have to change builds and come up with new strategy everytime. 

@SatsumaFSoysoy I was mostly just being quippy saying that as I was posting a clear with what's a mixed but primarily enemy phase team.

@mampfoid Going back and looking, they did have refined weapons for the Grima maps. I wish they'd do maps for the already released Legendaries. Challenging Ephraim and Ike for one would be great.

@Ginko One of those FH!Takumi's is definitely reserved for Matt. I just haven't gotten around to spending the feathers yet. He's getting it for sure though.

@Cute Chao Give it some thought, but I'll say give it to whoever you like the most above all. You'll be more willing to put resources into that unit and they'll be more powerful at the end.

@NegativeExponents- I was thinking about doing an FE7 trio clear myself but I wasn't sure how to go about it and I doubt it would live up to yours. You may have done a lot of experimenting but the result was poetry in motion. As for clears. No my endgame team wasn't one of my ideas. Lukas and Chrom aren't ready yet and it would mostly just be a Matthew/Nino duo clear which is less interesting than it sounds.

@Zeo Really nice! While Matthew was the star Inigo clearly wanted to be part of the main dance instead of performing in the backlines.

Edit: Finally found a way to clear this with Eirika, Cordelia, Genny and Siegbert. Wrath+Sol is a really nice combo in a map where you need to tank a chokepoint for a long period.

Edited by Alexmender