Jarod as a Disciple of Order?

Been a long time since I played RD, but iirc, the Disciples of Order were spared by Ashera from the stone spell, and they were supposed to be her champions or something like that. How farfetched would it be if Ashera could also revive dead warriors and make them disciples? And Jarod being one of them? I think it would've been awesome, he was a neat villain in Part 1 so it'd be cool to see him come back with a vengeance, as a boss of course.

Also, why were there no laguz disciples? Surely a goddess can't be racist?

I don't think Ashera would have brought him back to life since it would have went against the order of the world and Ashera is the Goddess of Order.

But it would have been cool to see him since he was pretty cool IMO.

I have a feeling Jarod is firmly on team Chaos. Remember what he said in Nevasa? Things being neat and orderly bore Jarod. 

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Also, why were there no laguz disciples? Surely a goddess can't be racist?

Well there's Dheginsea and his dragons. In fact Ashera's first champions were almost all Laguz with Altina as the lone Beorc. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, Azz said:

I don't think Ashera would have brought him back to life since it would have went against the order of the world and Ashera is the Goddess of Order.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I have a feeling Jarod is firmly on team Chaos. Remember what he said in Nevasa? Things being neat and orderly bore Jarod. 

These are good points.

But if he's on team chaos then maybe Yune could've revived him and told him to behave and work with Micaiah instead of against her. Lol.

Yune didn't bring anyone from the dead though. Possibly she doesn't even have that ability or wasn't able to when she woke up.

Also Ashera didn't bring dead soldiers back to life initially(if at all?); she turned them to stone then freed them from stone to work for her.

Well, she did revive her fallen warriors in front of the Tower of Guidance :

Yune:
“Oh, no!”

Ike:
“Yune, what is it? What’s happening?”

(There is a flash of light and the Disciples of Order return)

Caineghis:
“This isn’t good…”

Yune:
“These soldiers… We’ve killed them already. They’ve been reborn in flesh but not spirit.”

Sanaki:
“Brought back from the dead…”

Elincia:
“A miracle of the goddess…”

Caineghis:
“A blasphemy, you mean! How could the goddess of order violate the most fundamental natural law?”

Ike:
“Philosophy later, everyone! They’re about to attack!”

https://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/scripts/game-script/part-4-final-chapter-rebirth-1/regular/

Jarod would need to survive Part 1 in order to enact revenge later on. As Yune stated, Ashera only brought back "the flesh", which means the Disciples you fight in 4-E-1 and 4-E-2 are not unlike Elibe's morphs. No point Jarod being revived the same way if it isn't really him, just a mindless puppet that looks like him...

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I can't imagine Izuka being Order and yet he was still there. 

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Jarod would need to survive Part 1 in order to enact revenge later on. As Yune stated, Ashera only brought back "the flesh", which means the Disciples you fight in 4-E-1 and 4-E-2 are not unlike Elibe's morphs. No point Jarod being revived the same way if it isn't really him, just a mindless puppet that looks like him...

Yeah, my mistake.

22 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I can't imagine Izuka being Order and yet he was still there. 

Totally, wtf is up with that?

I would think he was like the only guy that escaped petrification but wasn't a good guy. It's not like he's weak, from a story standpoint...

Or he's secretly a branded. Or too chaotic to be affected... yeah, who knows...

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I would think he was like the only guy that escaped petrification but wasn't a good guy. It's not like he's weak, from a story standpoint...

Or he's secretly a branded. Or too chaotic to be affected... yeah, who knows...

The thing about brandeds not being petrified: surely there were more than the playables and Amy? By rights some of the generic soldiers could've been brandeds, but the game implies all the generic villagers and soldiers were petrified and some soldiers were turned into disciples. 

Also, Niko and his mom weren't petrified because they talk to Micaiah at one point in Part 4. Niko = the kid that Micaiah saved at the beginning of the game.

So I think there were quite a few people who the stone spell didn't affect for some mysterious reason.

13 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

The thing about brandeds not being petrified: surely there were more than the playables and Amy? By rights some of the generic soldiers could've been brandeds, but the game implies all the generic villagers and soldiers were petrified and some soldiers were turned into disciples. 

Also, Niko and his mom weren't petrified because they talk to Micaiah at one point in Part 4. Niko = the kid that Micaiah saved at the beginning of the game.

So I think there were quite a few people who the stone spell didn't affect for some mysterious reason.

Maybe, but it seems there aren't that many branded trying to live among Beorc to begin with. It seems that the majority end up moving into the Gran desert anyway.

No, Nico and his mother show up again in Part 3, not 4. Besides, I think that was one of the Base Conversations added in the overseas versions anyway... I think.

7 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

The merchants were also spared. Was that explained?

Maybe some people just had Yune's protection (and she didn't like Largo!). 

Yes. Everybody inside the building was protected. I would think Yune barely had the time to guard the building once Ashera decided to skip judgement and petrify everybody.

But only if inside the building, anyway.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

So essentially:
-The Disciples of Order chosen by Ashera
-The Branded
-Anyone inside the building protected by Yune
-Anyone strong enough (like Izuka)

?

The Disciples were petrified. It's more accurate to say they're those that Ashera decided to (temporarily) unpetrify to finish off the ones who did avoided the judgement.

It had nothing to do with strength. Callil's daughter escaped and she's a child and they say in that conversation that it must not be based on strength. It seems more likely that Ashera just couldn't reach everyone since she had just woken up so there were some people that weren't effected. That's why she was gathering power for the second strike. She wanted to make sure she got everyone this time around.

42 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

It had nothing to do with strength. Callil's daughter escaped and she's a child and they say in that conversation that it must not be based on strength. It seems more likely that Ashera just couldn't reach everyone since she had just woken up so there were some people that weren't effected. That's why she was gathering power for the second strike. She wanted to make sure she got everyone this time around.

Callil's daughter survived because she's branded.

3 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

I've never seen it said in game that she's branded. Where does that come from?

It's not outright said, but implied.

It seems more likely that Ashera just couldn't reach everyone since she had just woken up so there were some people that weren't effected. That's why she was gathering power for the second strike. She wanted to make sure she got everyone this time around.

This seems possible.

Edited by Dragoncat

6 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

I've never seen it said in game that she's branded. Where does that come from?

Hmm, you're right, they don't mention it when Amy shows up in Part 4 like I thought. Still, they made her adopted rather than actually be Largo and Callil's child, and I can only assume that was done for a reason.

5 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

It's not outright said, but implied.

This seems possible.

So it's just a suspicion from the players then? Sorry, but I don't count that, not on something as story important as this xD Of course to each their own.

I do wish Yune had explained what happened better. If anyone understood it would be her or Sephiran. Heck, even Ashera herself!

Back on topic, as for Jarod whether he was petrified or not he would join whichever side offered him the most power I do believe. That would be Ashera, at least in most perceptions.

33 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Back on topic, as for Jarod whether he was petrified or not he would join whichever side offered him the most power I do believe. That would be Ashera, at least in most perceptions.

Yep, exactly. I think Ashera would want him on her side because of his strength, regardless of how much order or chaos he has.