Midnox

Why is Amelia disliked?

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

My big issue with the "super" trainees is that they're honestly a massive novelty. I don't see the "super" Journeyman as so super when it's a watered down version of Berserker. I'm hesitant to say it's worth taking over Warrior or Hero, too. The "super" versions of Recruit and Pupil are more of the same. The fact that they get no gain to Con when it's the main determinant of AS does not help. As for Amelia herself, I much prefer Paladin since it's the practical option. And because her other class options are underwhelming at best and outright awful at worst. 

I'm not saying super trainees were any good statistically; I'm saying they were cute and fun to have! :D:

Oh, I never knew she was considered bad gameplay-wise. I used her on my first playthrough and leveled her up (no grinding) without any problems. She became one of my best units, haha.

3 hours ago, foxysauce said:

I'm not saying super trainees were any good statistically; I'm saying they were cute and fun to have! :D:

Being cute is one thing, but that alone is not enough for me. Just look at Wendy and Sophia, both from Sword of Seals. Both of them are among the hardest units to raise in their game-no, in the entire series. Being cute alone is not enough for me to overlook that. My issue with the "super" trainees is that there's very little incentive to actually go for them since they're inferior to other classes.

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Being cute is one thing, but that alone is not enough for me. Just look at Wendy and Sophia, both from Sword of Seals. 

Well it’s enough for me! ^^ I happen to really like Wendy too, even though she’s hard to train. 

I like to do challenges in RPGs. For this game, I completed half of a girls only challenge (Unfortunately I lost that save file).

My next challenge will be on hard mode using just Neimi and Amelia to kill everything (no stat boosters or making save states in the middle of chapters)

What do you think, too easy?

I think people don't like Amelia as a unit because it takes more effort to train her than most other units in FE8 and she won't necessarily turn out better than her competition. Personally I like using Amelia and promoting her into a knight, even if cavalier is the better choice. I like using knights and generals, but they have low movement which isn't good if you want to play very efficiently.

I think the main reason for this is her bad base stats and growths, she’s also a trainee and they take a good amount of grinding to actually be decent units, when instead you can literally solo the game with Seth alone.

In my experience from hard mode Ephraim route, the two chapters following her recruitment are very difficult to train such a weak unit because of the turn limit and fog of war. So I imagine people who tried to train her there failed and then got salty and shitpost about it. Just be sensible and wait until Chapter 12 to use her. Never touched any skirmish or tower battle, saying that using amelia means you grind is just an excuse by bad players to shrug it off. I don't care about efficiency, grind abuse and other obsessive e-sport ways to ruin the games, I just use characters I like and her supports with Duessel and Franz won me over.

Edited by Nickdos