If you had a superpower, what would it be?

Corrobin

The ability to control time would be an extremely useful ability, with countless applications in both combat scenarios and in everyday life.

I was asked this question in class recently and (after playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2) I said I wanted power to make anything I imagine real, whatever that means. I don't know if it would have any limitations or what I would do with it, but I'm sure it would be useful for something.

33 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I want Wolverine's healing powers so I would not be type one diabetic anymore, plus never getting sick again would be great.

YES let's both get rid of that awful diabetes!

Gotta go with flight. Useful? Not always, but what a great way to live life...

Telekinesis would also be radical. Even if it's limited to small things, imagine never having to get off the couch to grab a snack. :D

Edited by Solvaij
fixing something

1 minute ago, foxysauce said:

Dream Powers! 

I don't know what that means, but doesn't it sound awesome? 

Hell yes! Like deciding your own dreams or experiencing dreams in real life, or even seeing other people's dreams. Sounds fun!

S H A P E S H I F T I N G

Not only is it just super cool in general, but you get so many powers in one - shrinking?  Turn into a mouse or bug (or if this is a very general shapeshifting, just make yourself small idk).  Flight?  Bird - if you're boring, otherwise DRAGON (if we're allowing more fantastical stuff in this scenario).  Strength?  Hello I'd like to direct you to all of the horrifyingly strong animals we have on this earth, elephants, mountain lions, bears, and also DINOSAURS probably??

And if this is a more broad type of shapeshifting (such as, just being able to take the form and powers of whatever you want - it doesn't have to exist - just anything and everything straight out of your imagination), just think of the possibilities!

8 hours ago, foxysauce said:

Can I change my answer to shapshifting? lol, totally OP. 

Then again, I still don't know what "dream powers" means.. 

Well, calling it OP kind of depends on the shapeshifting, I guess, because are we talking about single-form shapeshifting?  (think Corrin, manaketes, and Laguz/Taguel)  Or something more like Beastboy from Teen Titans, where he can take on the form of any animal that has existed, or is currently existing (so birds, lions, dinos, mammoths, etc.); and don't quote me on this because I don't follow DC in the least, but I remember hearing somewhere that apparently he went to the Underworld, and got demon forms?  Or we could just have something completely unrestricted, and be able to take on the form of ANYTHING you can imagine.  Although, that begs the question: do you retain sentience if you turn into an inanimate object?  Like, it doesn't have a BRAIN, so do you just...die?  If you turn into a chair?  And what about plants?  They ARE alive, but they don't have brains so...?  Idk it's completely unfettered shapeshifting and instead of "becoming" that thing, you just "take it's form" so you can become a sentient table????  Or something???

Actually, I have an idea of how dream powers can work.  Basically it works like this: anything you see/do in your dreams is fair game.  So if you saw yourself/someone getting consumed by a shark melting out of a wall, guess what?  You can now summon sharks out of walls.  If you turned into a hideous beast, there you go - you can turn yourself into that monster you saw.  If you saw people getting physically twisted and mutilated by some unknowable force, you can now dish out that force on your enemies.  However, most of these are what people would call "nightmares", so of course, this power has a flip side - if you just see, idk, you turning into a living piece of macaroni, you can now do that.  Having more cats in your house than you actually have?  If you activate your power, cats will suddenly flock towards you.  Or like, if you see people like, wearing shoes on their hands and nothing else, that's your power.  Basically, the "dream powers" are you imposing what you saw in your dream into reality.

As you can see, this can either be one of the most dangerous powers you could ever have, or one of the lamest.  And if you have a dreamless sleep?  No powers.  And the powers you get in your dreams only apply until you fall asleep, so if you doze off or go to bed after getting some really cool power (phasing through walls, reanimating food into the animals they once were and having them fight for you, etc.) will be gone.  And if you dream about something lame or mundane?  Well, sucks to be you

Anyway, that's what I thought "dream powers" would be, anyway

Wow @Soleater O. o 

I believe you may be thinking about this a little too hard... xD

But I love your dream powers thing! Could be fun for a character in an anime or something. And they're always yelling at the other characters for keeping them up all night when they have useless powers. 

(In the middle of a fight)

Other Character: "a lamp?! Really? You dreamt about a lamp?!"

Dream Character: "Only 'cause Soandso kept me up all night watching antique roadshow!" 

@foxysauce

Noitwansn'taMyHeroAcademiacharacterImadeupbecauseIlikedtheshow'squirksystemeventhoughIhaven'twatchedtheanimeormanagoranythinglikethathahaha

...Okay but yeah I did make a MHA character because I liked the creativity and freedom of the quirk system, and I came up with a character with this power set, who intentionally watches horror movies to try to influence his dreams so he can get something useful, and if he gets something bad, isn't very creative or flexible with the hand he's given, and often needs his teammates to actually give him ideas on how to use something that seems useless in an interesting in useful way

(And he gets really upset and insecure when he has a dreamless sleep haha)

On 4/30/2018 at 10:23 PM, Soleater said:

@foxysauce

Noitwansn'taMyHeroAcademiacharacterImadeupbecauseIlikedtheshow'squirksystemeventhoughIhaven'twatchedtheanimeormanagoranythinglikethathahaha

...Okay but yeah I did make a MHA character because I liked the creativity and freedom of the quirk system, and I came up with a character with this power set, who intentionally watches horror movies to try to influence his dreams so he can get something useful, and if he gets something bad, isn't very creative or flexible with the hand he's given, and often needs his teammates to actually give him ideas on how to use something that seems useless in an interesting in useful way

(And he gets really upset and insecure when he has a dreamless sleep haha)

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

If I could have a superpower I would probably have a power from MHA actually. Probably Monoma's, Hanta's, or Tetsutetsu's. (Copy, Spiderman like tape, and Metal.)

As a kid I always wanted the character Keven Levin's power, and I still kinda like that power to this day, it just seems cool. 

Edited by Tuvy2

49 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

If I could have a superpower I would probably have a power from MHA actually. Probably Monoma's, Hanta's, or Tetsutetsu's. (Copy, Spiderman like tape, and Metal.)

As a kid I always wanted the character Keven Levin's power, and I still kinda like that power to this day, it just seems cool. 

MHA always had really cool powers imo

But uh...

What's Keven Levin???

2 minutes ago, Soleater said:

MHA always had really cool powers imo

But uh...

What's Keven Levin???

He's from a show called Ben 10.

He can touch a material and turn his body into that material for added strength and durability.