Rate the Unit, Day 92: Brave Ephraim & Brave Veronica

Shiki

9 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Bumped my score for Raven up to 7 after reading some comments and thinking it over. I don't really think that super-offensive melee infantry deserves incredibly high scores but he is really good at that role.

To be honest, he has enough physical bulk to survive OHKOs as well as double life and death being a bit unnecessary as it doesn't score as well as something like swift sparrow. Heavy Blade Pavise builds are also quite impressive though not as great as ones with Aether/Galeforce (score wise at least)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hector: 8.78, Raven: 8.22

Day 20

Gaius (Candy Stealer)

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
39/42/45
25/29/32
33/36/39
19/22/25
16/19/22

Base Skills:
Rogue Dagger+
Rally Speed
( - )

Defiant Atk 3
Pass 3
( - )

Virion (Elite Archer)

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
43/46/49
28/31/34
28/31/34
23/2630
10/13/17

Base Skills:
Silver Bow+
( - )
Astra

Defiant Res 3
Seal Spd 3
( - )

~

Gaius

• Mediocre stat line featuring high HP, good Spd, and low Atk, Def, and Res.
    • Poor matchups on both phases, with his low Atk hampering his Player Phase presence (especially against bulkier foes like armors and dragons) and low Def and Res preventing him from being a good Enemy Phase unit. Can take a single hit pretty well due to his high HP, and can run -sweep skills to apply debuffs with his chosen dagger.
  • As a dagger unit, he can provide debuff and/or buff support to his allies through his weapon, and basic C passive field/combat buff.

Overall, I give him 4 for combat (decent, but not particularly noteworthy matchups for one round of combat), and 1 for support (buff/debuff potential, basic field/combat buff), for a total rating of 4/10.

Virion

• Mediocre stat line with high HP, low Atk, Spd, and Def, and abysmal Res.
    • Capable of running an Atk-stacking Brave Bow set on offense, which suffers against foes with a good Def stat, which is especially problematic against dragons and DC-carrying armors. He can also run a Firesweep set, which has poor KO counts but cannot be counterattacked.
    • His enemy phase presence is negligible due to his low Def and Res stats.
  • He has the HP to run Panic Ploy reasonably well, or he can run a field/combat buff.

Overall, I give him 5 for combat (ok, but mostly unremarkable matchups on both phases), and 1 for support (basic field/combat buff, potential for Panic Ploy support), for a total rating of 5/10.

~

Scoring method:

Spoiler

Units are evaluated based on both their combat performance and their team support capabilities (i.e. their whole contribution to a team).

• Combat performance is judged by matchups, especially against enemies that are at triangle disadvantage or neutral to the unit. Performance against more relevant meta threats is more valuable than performance against units that are rarely seen. Scale of 0 to 10.
    • Sustainability and filling a useful niche are given small bonuses, when applicable.
    • I will look at least one PP-focused and one EP-focused skill set for each unit, but only evaluate based on performance for whichever phase I deem the unit to be stronger on.
  • Support capabilities are decided by how much support a unit can provide (without horribly compromising their combat capabilities), and how valuable I feel that support is. Scale of 0 to 3.
  • At the end, the combat and support scores will be weighted (with a heavy focus on combat performance), combined, and rounded to the nearest .5 to obtain the total rating. Dancers and Singers will get +1 point to their total rating (not to exceed 10), because I value Dance/Sing utility highly.

This method of evaluation essentially compares each unit to a hypothetical "god unit" who is stellar at everything, instead of each unit to each other.

All my ratings.

Gaius. He has high Hp and high Spd. His Atk is relatively above average for a dagger but still mediocre and his defenses are garbage. He can run Windsweep/Watersweep+double Savage Blow builds pretty well but don't expect him to kill stuff at all. His Spd and Hp lets him survive at least 1 hit but not much more. He's not really good but he works well as a debuffer, just have Reposition or a dancer nearby to get him out of danger after he debuffs the enemy.

Rating: 3/10

Virion, the forgotten 4th member of the Askr squad. He has huge Hp but is mediocre everywhere else, this means that his sole trait over the other archers is being able to use Panic Ploy relatively well. As an archer he can snipe fliers that aren't running Iote's Shield and Brave Bow+ is always nice to use even if the increase in bulk means that killing stuff with has become quite hard and with Virion's mediocre Atk it will be even harder. I'll be honest, Leon does what Virion tries 10x better and outside of Panic Ploy there's no reason to bother with the latter unless he's one of your favorites.

Rating: 2.5/10

Gaius is poorly suited to the Rogue Dagger. His HP is the highest of dagger units, but it translates to pretty mediocre mixed bulk, and Saizo and Matthew will have a far easier time surviving the Distant Counter weapons and skills that permeate the arena. I already mentioned previously on Matthew that the traditional dagger unit struggles to survive even one round of combat in high tier arena player phase, and Gaius is no different. His extra two points of speed over Matthew and Saizo are notable however. It makes him that better at using windsweep and watersweep. Being able to debuff opponents without fear of instant death retaliation is every dagger unit's dream. I don't recommend an offensive weapon since so many dagger units outperform Gaius. I also recommend Smoke dagger over Rogue dagger for Gaius given his lack of bulk. Saizo and Matthew can run Rogue dagger because they can feasibly survive a round of combat against physical units. Windsweep keeps Gaius from joining Jakob at the bottom, so 4 out of 10.

Virion - I'm not sold on Virion. He's got the nationally mandated 31 in attack and speed. I love the lack of Res so that he could have decent physical bulk. But again, he doesn't excel at anything unless you really value Panic Ploy or Infantry Pulse support on an archer of all units. He benefits from Raven tomes falling out of style, but I'm finding little reason to use him. 3.5 out of 10.

Past Ratings

Spoiler
  1. Aflonse - 3
  2. Marth - 7
  3. Sharena - 3
  4. Jagen - 1
  5. Anna - 4.5
  6. Barst - 3
  7. Cain - 4
  8. Draug - 7.5
  9. Gordin - 5
  10. Jeorge - 5.5
  11. Abel - 5.5
  12. Linde - 9
  13. Minerva - Abstain
  14. Merric - 3.5
  15. Maria - 6
  16. Wrys - 3.5
  17. Ceada - Abstain
  18. Ogma - 4
  19. Catria - 4
  20. Est - 6
  21. Sheena - 6.5
  22. Cecilia - 4
  23. Clarine - 6.5
  24. Matthew - 4
  25. Palla - 2.5
  26. Roy -7
  27. Gwendolyn - 7.5
  28. Shanna - 4.5
  29. Bartre - 7
  30. Fae - 7.5
  31. Serra - 4
  32. Lissa - 2
  33. Tiki - 8
  34. Lilina - 7
  35. Florina - 1.5
  36. M!Robin - 3.5
  37. Hector - 8
  38. Raven - 8.5
  39. Gaius - 4 out of 10
  40. Virion - 3.5

Edited by Glennstavos

Gaius: This guy was one of my favorite characters in Awakening, and it’s such a bummer that he’s pretty lame here. None of his stats are impressive except for speed... and I guess HP? Gaius has potential for doubling, but his speed a waste considering he won’t be hitting very hard. Even with the buffs to daggers, he remains one of the weakest of the dagger units due to him having a very poor player and enemy phase. I guess he could be used for support, but why use him when other dagger users, as well as healers, do that better? 3/10

Virion: Virion is... weird. Offensively he’s not horrible with 31 to both stats, but it’s not anything special either. Same goes for his defense, which is just average. His resistance makes Hector look like a mage tank. The one noteworthy on him is... HP (what is with launch units getting bloated HP?). He can use a Brave Bow set (don’t even think of giving him Firesweep) which he can use decently at best, but others do that much better, and the reliability of it has gone down thanks to the rise of armor units. I guess the fact that he can use Panic Ploy and Infantry Pulse is something that stands out at least. 4.5/10

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Virion: Virion is... weird. Offensively he’s not horrible with 31 to both stats, but it’s not anything special either. Same goes for his defense, which is just average. His resistance makes Hector look like a mage tank. The one noteworthy on him is... HP (what is with launch units getting bloated HP?). He can use a Brave Bow set (don’t even think of giving him Firesweep) which he can use decently at best, but others do that much better, and the reliability of it has gone down thanks to the rise of armor units. I guess the fact that he can use Panic Ploy and Infantry Pulse is something that stands out at least. 4.5/10

Probaby things like this are the reason why we don't have many Gen 2 Units with high HP (and they almost always are Armors, with the only exceptions being Dorcas, Marisa and Gerome)

Edited by Troykv

Gaius - Sheesh.  He's the slightly more offensive version of Matthew, except Matthew can survive a hit or two after a Rogue Dagger to the enemy's face.  Gaius just hopes he's two-shotted instead of one-shotted.  Hitting twice is somewhat irrelevant when your damage output is nonexistent.  IMO his best setup would be Kagami Mochi with Moonbow.  3/10

Virion - My first archer, and one that's still near and dear to my heart.  An Atk boon turns him into a slightly faster neutral Leon, while a Spd boon puts him on par with Clarisse and Skadi Takumi.  HP boon and a refined weapon turn him into a ranged Panic Ploy thing (but WHY would you do that?).  His native Silver Bow is okay, a Slaying Bow opens up better procs, and a Guard Bow is not a good idea unless he's +Def.  Fury is is BFF.  He's not particularly specialized, but he's functional.  4/10

2 shining examples of why high HP on ranged units is a terrible combination.

Gaius 

Fast dagger with poor bulk, mediocre Atk and nothing to make him stand out from other dagger units. I don't even have anything more to say about him which is pretty sad. 2/10

Virion

Alright, 31/31 isn't terrible, but when Infantry archers in this game only use firesweep or brave bows, stats become everything and he just ends up falling short of the stronger archers, and lacks any unique niche to stand out. His Res is also terrible which makes even guard bow a poor option. 3/10

Gaius: 2/10. The dagger niche of debuffing isn't very useful since 1-2RKOing is so easy in this game anyway, and not being able to get WTA sucks. His speed is decent but that's about it.

Virion: 3/10. Mediocre archer. His statline is probably worse than Gaius's, but as an archer he has access to Brave and Firesweep, so he can be more useful if you want to invest in him heavily.

Gaius: Probably the least impressive of all the dagger units. He hits like a wet paper towel and dies just as quickly, there's not too much he can do without some heavy investment. With that investment he'll work, but I wouldn't unless you have some character bias. 3/10

Virion: Along with what is possibly the least impressive dagger unit, we have one of the least impressive archers. His health doesn't serve him well when his defense is only so-so, and his resistance is pretty bad. He doesn't hit too hard and he isn't all that fast. He's just sorta...there. Existing. 3/10

Gaius: 3.0
Virion: 3.56

And I'm back (for more late tallies).

Raigh, Dark Child

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
33/36/40
29/32/35
25/29/32
19/22/25
25/29/32

Base Skills:

Rauórwolf+
Rally Attack
( - )

HP+
Seal Res
( - )

Sophia, Nabata Prophet

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
36/40/43
30/33/36
16/19/22
24/28/31
25/29/32

Base Skills:

Fenrir+
( - )
Dragon Fang

Warding Blow
( - )
Fortify Res

Raigh: He is a balanced unit in a game where the min-maxed units are considered better. His attack is the only thing that is at least salvageable and useful if running an anti ponies setup with his base tome. His speed can be considered good if invested in (40 once considered everything) and allows him to be a somewhat good anti-mage unit. His defense and HP are enough for avoid the OHKO vs unmerged/sky-high attack units and his resistance is just enough for ploy a lot of melee non-armored units. But those balanced stats are his Achilles Heel, his attack is nowhere near those of Sanaki or Lilina, and his speed is bad when compared to Tharja, Katarina or Celica. His defenses are decent at best, and there are better units at tanking (like Sanaki, Lilina and Katarina against mages or Winter Tharja, Sophia or even Henry against physical damage).

Sophia: She is an excellent anti ranged unit. With a raven setup she can shut off a lot of gray and green units. With Bowbreaker she assures the win against almost all archers except for Hallowen Jakob if buffed, but she can use Red Tomebreaker for more general coverage if you think that she can win against the archers. She has a good attack and balanced defenses, but a pitiful speed allows for basically everything to double her.

Edited by Nicolu-Chan

Raigh - If anyone needs a good personal weapon, it's him.  He doesn't excel, and that does him no favors in this meta.  He really wants -owl to take advantage of his stats, but that's Katarina-only.  Hell, -serpent would be nice, but that doesn't exist for red yet.  With no specialty outside of his boon/bane, he's stuck in a really awkward spot.  4.5/10 (and yes, that's a half point of bias)

Sophia - Thanks to skill inheritance, she can make use of her relatively tanky stats.  The best person to wield a generic -raven tome (Lyon's tome isn't generic), she can run TA to really make her a green-and-colorless killer.  What's even better is that she can be obtained for free!  But something like +Atk/-Spd just makes her better.  Keep her away from blues, and she'll be happy.  7/10

Raigh: Raigh is just there. While his attack is decent at least for a mage, his speed isn’t great while his bulk is awkward as it isn’t min-maxed. His defense is too low to tank physical hits continuously, while his resistance falls a bit short from other notable red magic tanks like Sanaki, Katarina, and Lilina. With all this in mind, he pretty much has no niche. Even Henry, who many consider to be an overall poor unit, at least has job in eliminating colorless threats. It doesn’t help that his wolftome is the least useful of the three due to the lack of green calvary. Raigh’s just nothing that special, all things considered. 2.5/10

Sophie: Infamous for being one of the worst units from the game she appeared in, if not one of the worst in the series, Sophie has an interesting role. Her attack is decent, and her bulk is surprisingly high on both ends. However, her glaring issue is speed, which is so horrendous the like of Cherche and Ephraim can run circles around her. With that in mind, she’s relegated for defense, and can handle opponents with a raventome or an owltome. Close Counter is even viable on her! The issue is that Sophia will almost always be doubled, and even with the solid bulk she can easily succumb to special procs like Moonbow. If used correctly, she can be fairly helpful, though the other red mages like Katarina, Celica, Lilina, and Morgan tend to be more desirable. 6/10

Raigh - All stats painfully average among red tome users. There isn't much to say about Raigh. He can't wield any weapon better than another, existing red tome user. If his Def and Res were swapped, he'd be a good Owl user. Somebody's gotta be the worst red tome, and it's probably the kid. 1.5 out of 10.

Sophia - Being so thoroughly power crept by Winter Tharja hurts. Every one of Sophia's stats are weaker than the seasonal who carries 16 more BST. Sophia has the second best physical bulk and second best magical bulk of red tome users once we've taken Winter!Tharja out of the conversation, and that's good mixed bulk. But a ranged infantry ought not to spend her BST on being a mixed tank, it never works out well. Sophia is like Odin but with Attack and speed swapped, and she's naturally better off. But like with Odin's speed stat, Sophia's attack stat isn't competitively high. Sophia was a cool niche pick prior to Celica's release when there were almost no conventionally good red tome users outside of Tharja, but time has been unkind to our little half-breed. 3.5 out of 10.

Past Ratings 

Spoiler
  1. Aflonse - 3
  2. Marth - 7
  3. Sharena - 3
  4. Jagen - 1
  5. Anna - 4.5
  6. Barst - 3
  7. Cain - 4
  8. Draug - 7.5
  9. Gordin - 5
  10. Jeorge - 5.5
  11. Abel - 5.5
  12. Linde - 9
  13. Minerva - Abstain
  14. Merric - 3.5
  15. Maria - 6
  16. Wrys - 3.5
  17. Ceada - Abstain
  18. Ogma - 4
  19. Catria - 4
  20. Est - 6
  21. Sheena - 6.5
  22. Cecilia - 4
  23. Clarine - 6.5
  24. Matthew - 4
  25. Palla - 2.5
  26. Roy -7
  27. Gwendolyn - 7.5
  28. Shanna - 4.5
  29. Bartre - 7
  30. Fae - 7.5
  31. Serra - 4
  32. Lissa - 2
  33. Tiki - 8
  34. Lilina - 7
  35. Florina - 1.5
  36. M!Robin - 3.5
  37. Hector - 8
  38. Raven - 8.5
  39. Gaius - 4 out of 10
  40. Virion - 3.5
  41. Raigh - 1.5
  42. Sophia - 3.5

Ratings I would change in retrospect: Definitely drop Gordin to 2. Dunno what I was thinking that day. Would also drop Linde a full point.

Raigh also known as feathers. He has an ok stat spread leading towards bulk. Sadly he suffers the same fate as all non dragon/armor balanced units, they can work but they are just outclassed by more specialized units. Raigh loses in the bulky red mage tier to Sophia and Henry and as an offensive mage he loses against Lilina, Celica, and the two Tharjas. If you like him he'll work but all the others will do better than him.

Sophia. She has seen better days but is still pretty powerful and can surprise you if you underestimate her. Her stat spread makes her the premier tank mage barring armors, she can run TA+Ra­­ðrraven+ to deal with archers (although this role has been in decline lately due to Brave Bow+ not being as good as it used to be) and CC+Raðrowl+ which lets her make the most of her tank status. W!Tharja does everything she can do better due to extra BST and a more optimized statline but Sophia has the advantage of availability. She pales in a offensive role compared to other mages like M!Morgan, Katarina, Celica, etc. but she's the second best when it comes to tanking.

Rating: 6/10

@The Priest Gordin, Jeorge, and Tiki are all pretty good sports, but I hear Bartre isn't so forgiving of those who forget his daughter on her RTU day. The "All my ratings" sheet that I link at the end of my posts doubles as a forecast, if you think that would be useful?

~

I decided to slightly relax my standards on whether I assess that a unit has (stat) ploy capability. It's only +.5 to the support score, so it's just a minor bump that I've been debating internally on and off since whatever cycle Cecilia was in.

Raigh

• Mediocre stat line with decent Atk and Res, and low Def and Spd.
    • On offense, he can run a OHKO-based Rauðrblade+ set that is dependent on buffs, but has good KO power over greens and decent KO power over reds.
    • Decent Rauðrowl+/Close Counter set on the enemy phase with good green coverage and ok red coverage. His lower Def stat makes this build harder to pull off, however, and he really wants field/combat buff support from his teammates.
  • He has some ploy capability, in addition to the standard C passive field/combat buff.

Overall, I give him 5 for combat (good green coverage, ok red coverage on the enemy phase), and 1 for support (basic field/combat buff, some ploy capability), for a total rating of 5/10.

Sophia

• Defense-oriented stat line with good Atk, decent HP, Def and Res, and abysmal Spd.
    • Has some OHKO capability with Rauðrblade+, but is dependent on buffs.
    • She is capable of running a Rauðrowl+/Close Counter enemy phase set that yields very strong green and decent red matchups. Strongly benefits from receiving buff support from her teammates.
  • She has some ploy capability, in addition to the standard C passive field/combat buff.

Overall, I give her 7.5 for combat (very strong green, decent red matchups on defense), and 1 for support (basic field/combat buff, some ploy capability), for a total rating of 7/10.

~

Scoring method:

Spoiler

Units are evaluated based on both their combat performance and their team support capabilities (i.e. their whole contribution to a team).

• Combat performance is judged by matchups, especially against enemies that are at triangle disadvantage or neutral to the unit. Performance against more relevant meta threats is more valuable than performance against units that are rarely seen. Scale of 0 to 10.
    • Sustainability and filling a useful niche are given small bonuses, when applicable.
    • I will look at least one PP-focused and one EP-focused skill set for each unit, but only evaluate based on performance for whichever phase I deem the unit to be stronger on.
  • Support capabilities are decided by how much support a unit can provide (without horribly compromising their combat capabilities), and how valuable I feel that support is. Scale of 0 to 3.
  • At the end, the combat and support scores will be weighted (with a heavy focus on combat performance), combined, and rounded to the nearest .5 to obtain the total rating. Dancers and Singers will get +1 point to their total rating (not to exceed 10), because I value Dance/Sing utility highly.

This method of evaluation essentially compares each unit to a hypothetical "god unit" who is stellar at everything, instead of each unit to each other.

All my ratings.

Back from a two day break!

I need to readjust the performance formula. This time, Raigh got a better scoring from his Player Phase set rather than his Enemy Phase set. This is due to the weighted performance formula discounting both phases' performance since they were so bad, so those two set's scoring was determined solely by their independent performance, but it did not feel right to only judge performance with their independence rating. The final performance rating will now take into account raw performance.

With this change, units will see a slight, but usually unnoticeable, boost in their score.

Here is how my criteria are rated:

Spoiler

Mobility:
Armor units are 0/10. Infantry units are 5/10. Cavalry units are 8/10. Flying units are 9/10. Units with unique mobility skills will bump up their score.
Range:
Melee units are 0/10. Distant Counter Weapon melee units are 5/10. Ranged units are 10/10.
Player Phase Raw Performance:
This is based on the W:L:I ratio. Enemies will have a set up of +5, +Spd, Moonbow, and Fury. The unit will be +0, may not use Breakers, and will not have Chills or Ploys activate. Units may have access to buffs (usually, +4 to any two stats for infantry and armors, and 6/6/0/0 or 0/0/6/6 for cavalry and fliers). I would also list the build used to achieve that ratio. I think the following formula is pretty reasonable:
(W%) - (L%*0.25) = Raw Performance
Player Phase Weighted Performance:
Since most units can get a raw performance score of at least 5, setting 5 as 0 for the weighted performance makes more sense in judging how good a unit is.
(Raw Performance - 5) * 2 = Weighted Performance
Player Phase Independence:
This just means how reliant the unit is on buffs. If I take off the buffs and the unit still performs pretty well, they will get a good score. The formula is that same as the raw performance:
(W%) - (L%*0.25) = Independence
Enemy Phase Raw Performance:
See Above.
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance:
See Above.
Enemy Phase Independence:
See Above.
Ease of Use:
This is an average of the mobility and range scores.
Performance:
This consolidates the weighted performance and independence scores into one score, and uses the higher of Player Phase or Enemy Phase. This also means that the build used in weighted performance may not necessarily be their best build, since there may be an alternative build with a slightly worse performance but have much higher independence.
(Weighted Performance * 0.8) + (Raw Performance * 0.1) + (Independence * 0.1) = Performance
Support:
Most units by default will be 0/10. Units with 30+ Res start from 1/10. Dagger units start from 1/10. Healers start from 2/10. Buffers start from 3/10. Fliers start from 4/10. Dancers/Singers start from 5/10. Other unique support skills may further boost their score.
Other:
If the unit has some unique application or fun build, it will be noted here. For example, since Raven mages have a performance penalty, they will get some extra points here for being relevant and viable in certain team compositions.

Familiarity/Experience:
This just means how familiar I am with this particular unit or type of unit in Arena. If it is a low number, that means you should take the following rating number with a grain of salt since I do not have much experience with this particular unit and/or type of unit.
Rating:
The rating is how good I think a unit is. Here is how I weigh each criterion:
Ease of Use 4/10
Performance: 5/10
Support: 1/10
Other: If the unit got some unique application or fun build, they will get a boost to their rating.

Notes:
1. A unit's build in raw performance will not take into account a unit's support build, Raven build, or any other builds. Likewise, a unit's ease of use, support, and other criteria will not take into account the unit's raw performance build.
2. Since healers' Firesweep build [+Atk, Pain [Dazzling Staff], Attack +3, Wrathful Staff, Attack +3] requires the user to do two rounds of combat to measure how good it is, that overwhelmingly skews the combat results for healers, so I decided to tone down their performance by using Brazen Atk/Spd-Desperation and taking away 10 HP or 25% of max HP, which ever is greater.
3. The build used in raw/weighted performance may not be the best build. If there is an alternative build with a slightly less performance but much higher independence, that build will be used instead.
4. Axe and dagger versions of Wo Dao are not available in the regular summoning pool yet, but I think they will be added in the future, so I am using Giant Spoon and Lethal Carrot.

Disclosures:
I have a strong bias for non-armor Player Phase ranged units. My experience with melee and armor units in Arena is pretty minimal, so my rating for them is mostly based on theory. My Arena core consists of BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia. I am usually in Tier 20, but I may drop to Tier 19 if I do not fish for points.

Other:

Spoiler

Template

— — — — — — — ◆Red◆ — — — — — — —
— — — — — — — ◾Blue◾ — — — — — — —
— — — — — — — ⬟Green⬟ — — — — — — —
— — — — — — — ●Colorless● — — — — — — —

Mobility: /10
Range: /10
Player Phase Raw Performance: /10 — #:#:#
Player Phase Weighted Performance: /10
Player Phase Independence: /10 — #:#:#
[+Boon, -Bane, Weapon, Special, A, B, Sacred Seal, #/#/#/#]
Enemy Phase Raw Performance: /10 — #:#:#
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance: /10
Enemy Phase Independence: /10 — #:#:#
[+Boon, -Bane, Weapon, Special, A, B, Sacred Seal, #/#/#/#]

Ease of Use: /10
Performance: /10
Support: /10
Other: /10

Familiarity/Experience: /10
Rating: /10

Summary:

_______ got bad/okay/good/stellar combat performance.

She/He can run Ploys to support the team.

She/He can support their team with daggers/Light Breath and Dark Breath

She/He is a great mobility support unit as a flier.

She/He can also run Firesweep-Hit and Run as a flier unit.

She/He can run a Firesweep-Poison Strike-Poison Strike.

She/He can run Wrathful Staff-Dazzling Staff to emulate Firesweep archers.

She/He can run a Raven set.

— — — — — — — ◆Raigh◆ — — — — — — —

Mobility: 5/10
Range: 5/10
Player Phase Raw Performance: 3.66/10 — 100:30:123
Player Phase Weighted Performance: 0/10
Player Phase Independence: 2.7/10 — 49:31:73
[+Spd, -Def, Bolganone [Spd], Moonbow, Life and Death, Desperation, Speed +3, 4/4/0/0]
Enemy Phase Raw Performance: 4.83/10 — 134:47:72
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance: 0/10
Enemy Phase Independence: 2.26/10 — 77:79:97
[+Spd, -Res, Rauðrowl [Spd][1 Ally], Moonbow, Close Counter, Quick Riposte, Speed +3, 4/4/0/0]

Ease of Use: 5/10
Performance: 0.71/10
Support: 0/10
Other: 5/10

Familiarity/Experience: 1/10

Summary:

Raigh got bad combat performance. He can run a Raven set.

— — — — — — — ◆Sophia◆ — — — — — — —

Mobility: 5/10
Range: 5/10
Player Phase Raw Performance: 3.86/10 — 108:41:104
Player Phase Weighted Performance: 0/10
Player Phase Independence: 0.26/10 — 23:66:164
[+Atk, -Spd, Rauðrblade, Moonbow, Death Blow, Guard, Attack +3, 4/0/0/4]
Enemy Phase Raw Performance: 5.4/10 — 155:74:24
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance: 0.79/10
Enemy Phase Independence: 4.31/10 — 132:91:30
[+Def, -Spd, Rauðrowl [Def][1 Ally], Bonfire, Close Counter, Quick Riposte, Close Def, 4/0/4/0]

Ease of Use: 5/10
Performance: 1.6/10
Support: 1/10
Other: 6/10

Familiarity/Experience: 1/10
Rating: 3.5/10

Summary:

Sophia got bad combat performance. She can run a Raven set very well even without using Bowbreaker, so I gave her a little more points.

Edited by XRay

Raigh: Raigh is probably the most unimpressive red mage in the game, being outclassed by basically everyone. He can't take hits and his health isn't super impressive, and his attack falls behind most other mages. He's good for horse-slaying, though, and he's easy to invest in since he's so easily attainable. Still...he's not great. 3/10

Sophia: For a long time, Sophia was the only red mage I had, aside from Raigh, so I put a lot of time into her. She was doubled by mostly everyone and her defense was just kinda passable, but she hit hard enough and had good HP and resistance. Now with skill inheritance, she can run a few more builds, and she still functions well enough. Unfortunately she still seems to fall behind other units, like Lilina. 6/10

I'm doing this again after letting translate the skills.
I didn't judge everyone because I haven't used everyone or haven't pulled a copy with usable natures yet.

Spoiler
  • Clarine: healers with three movement are very rare, so she's a welcome addition, even if her skills could be better - 5
  • Palla: probably the least impressive Pegasus Knight statwise, but goat fliers makes her likable to pull - 5
  • Roy: one of the weaker Lords tbh, TA3 is nice but it works for tther people much better than for him - 4
  • Wendy: surprised me positively; a super physical tank with def fortress (or how this skill is called), she's similar to Sheena just a bit slower but tankier; wary fighter prevents her from getting doubled; great addition to an armor team - 7
  • Shanna: average Pegasus Knight; desperation and iceberg work well on her; with flier buffs a solid unit - 5
  • YTiki: She's more balanced than the adult version which has Advantages but also disadvantages. Her speed prevents fro getting doubled,  instead she can double on her own. On the other Hand she can't handle physical enemies as well as her adult version. With her balanced statspread she Can take several builds becomes so one of the most flexible units in the game - 8
  • Robin: the typical raven mage with decent defense but poor resistance - potentially great bowkiller but nothing really else - 3
  • Florina: ... she has darting blow at least - 2
    Raven: a phyiscal Monster with double life and death. His low defense can be equaled with vanatage and sol / aithir and quick pulse. Mages are his only weakness - 8
  • Hector: distant + vantage + QR-seal makes him one of the best EP units in the entire game except red mages -  8.5
  • Gaius: Worst dagger user in the game in terms of offense and skills - 1.5
  • Virion: a worse WinterCorrin - tanky with decent attack and speed, but outclassed - 4
  • Sophia: Slow, but powerful mage, dragonfang is a really good skill on her or for inheritng - 5
  • Raigh: Least useful red mage in the entire game. Neither good caps nor useful skills - 2

Raigh

He seems to be meant to be a Jack of all Trades  Red Mage; but loses out to dedicated Offensive mages (Tharja, Sanaki, Lilina and Katarina) and Magic tanks (Sophia, Katarina and Sanaki). On the other hand, if you do get a +SPD IV one; he can make use of a Bladetome and Darting Blow combo. If not, he can be a Wolf-tome nuke.

Sophia

Bulky mage that has decent ATK, DEF and RES. Her downfall is just crappy SPD. Give her TA, a Raventome and a breaker or even Quick Riposte and she's good to go! If not going the Raven-tome route then Close Counter+Owl Tome can make use of that.

18 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Gordin, Jeorge, and Tiki are all pretty good sports, but I hear Bartre isn't so forgiving of those who forget his daughter on her RTU day. The "All my ratings" sheet that I link at the end of my posts doubles as a forecast, if you think that would be useful?

I don't care what Feathers say to me.
God damn it.
Yeah, I will take a look from now on before I post the next round. Didn't realize you had all the characters on it.

@Hecatia Lapislazuli I'm pretty sure I told you something about your votes. I'm not going to count yours.

Raigh: 3.44
Sophia: 5.67

Sully, Crimson Knight

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
39/42/45
23/26/30
31/34/37
21/24/27
24/28/31

Base Skills:

Sapphire Lance+
Draw Back
( - )

( - )
Swordbreaker
Spur Def

Cordelia, Knight Paragon

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
36/40/43
32/35/38
32/35/38
19/22/25
22/25/29

Base Skills:

Brave Lance+
( - )
Galeforce

Triangle Adept
Pass
( - )

Edited by The Priest

Sully. The first thing you'll notice is her terrible base Atk, while she has a superboon to make it passable it doesn't really help a lot. Her statline wants her to be an offensive anti mage but she's totally outclassed in this regard by Peri and in terms of pure offense by Oscar, Abel, Roderick, etc. Her base kits and high Hp allows her to combat sword units with ease but considering that all the other blue cavaliers can have the same skillset and perform better with it that's not saying much. 

Rating: 3.5/10

Cordelia. Another one of the few launch units that has been able to stand the test of time and still be a threat in arena. Her offensive spread of 35/35 gives the flexibility to be either a sweeper with a +Spd nature or to hit like a truck with a +Atk nature. She's one of the few units that is able to use Heavy Blade in the A slot without too much troubles, which is a testament of how absurd her Atk is. Despite being an offensive powerhouse she isn't without troubles, for one her defenses are pathetic so she'll have trouble surviving more than 1 round of combat. Also the increase in bulk makes her job harder to do because it's very likely that the enemy will survive a round of combat and finish her off with a powerful special. The lack of a Prf weapon reduces her options a lot, making other strong fliers like Tana more appealing as they have the option to pursue different builds while Cordelia is stuck with Glass cannon builds. All in all Cordelia is still a major threat that should not be underestimated.

Rating: 8/10

Sully: Sully is one of the worst blue lance cavs in the game, alongside Jagen and Peri. She has awful attack, and anything she can do she just does in a mediocre and outclassed way. 2/10

Cordelia: One of the best flying lance units. She has a good stat line in terms of attack and speed that allows her a good deal of flexibility and synergy, but her defense is pretty bad. She also lacks a personal weapon, making Tana a bit better. Still, Cordelia is pretty great. 8/10

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Sully: There’s virtually no reason why you should ever bother with Sully. Her attack is pretty crappy and can only get to “passable” with a superboon. Her bulk is kinda weird, with her below average defense making her not to hard to kill and above average resistance (for a melee unit) not quite high enough to take advantage of. At least her speed is alright. She’s hard outclassed by virtually every other lance cav barring Jagen, even from the likes of the mediocre Mathilda. Stick to keeping her as Draw Back fodder. 2/10

Cordelia: The Knight Paragon has aged fairly well, though her competition has grown somewhat with Tana and Shigure in the picture. Her offenses are perfectly balanced at 35/35, so she packs a pretty good punch at the cost of mediocre bulk. She has a lot of options too, between her initial Brave Lance set, a Firesweep set with Heavy Blade, a Slaying Lance set, the new Harmonic lance, you name it! Too bad she doesn’t she doesn’t come with a personal weapon, though some would say she doesn’t really need one. Cordelia is real good, just don’t expect her to handle too many hits. 8.5/10